Skip to content

Rank Your Draft Picks

The Browns Board
16 14 1.8k
  • Take value into consideration.

    For me it's like this:

    Trent Richardson

    Ryan Miller

    Mitchell Schwartz

    Billy Winn

    James Michael Johnson

    Emmanuel Acho

    Brad Smelley

    Travis Benjamin

    Brandon Weeden

    Trevin Wade

    John Hughes

  • Just like the runningback position in the draft... There is Trent Richardson... and then there's everybody else! 😉

  • Take value into consideration.

    For me it's like this:

    Trent Richardson

    Ryan Miller

    Mitchell Schwartz

    Billy Winn

    James Michael Johnson

    Emmanuel Acho

    Brad Smelley

    Travis Benjamin

    Brandon Weeden

    Trevin Wade

    John Hughes

    @dawginit said:

    Take value into consideration.

    For me it's like this:

    Trent Richardson

    Ryan Miller

    Mitchell Schwartz

    Billy Winn

    James Michael Johnson

    Emmanuel Acho

    Brad Smelley

    Travis Benjamin

    Brandon Weeden

    Trevin Wade

    John Hughes

    I saw Hughes on FOX8 tonight...life long Browns fan...and he's stoked to be playing for his favorite team...I think I'll give him a chance 😁

    Still , he was a definite reach... and no thanks to Benjamin...would of rather had McNutt, or Jones,then grab Page UDF

  • Richardson

    Weeden

    Schwartz

    Miller

    Benjamin

    Acho

    Johnson

    Smelley

    Hughes

    Winn

    Wade

    I think every player on this list has a real chance of making the team. Richardson starting and in running for OROY. Weeden has a solid season, Schwartz runs with the starting RT spot. Miller pushes both Lauvou and Pinkston for a starting G spot and trains to be the back up LT, Benjamin gets some plays designed around his speed, steps in around the 2nd half of the season to take over most of the slot receiver snaps. Both Acho and Johnson push for starting OLB spots. Smelley takes Alex Smiths spot on the team and even pushes Marecic for his starting FB spot. Hughes and Winn become our rotational DT and we kick Paxton to the curb where he belongs. Wade pushes whats his name that we got through UDFA last year for a roster spot.

  • Brandon Weeden

    Trent Richardson

    Mitchell Schwartz

    Travis Benjamin

    Billy Winn

    James Ryan Miller

    Michael Johnson

    Brad Smelley

    Emmanuel Acho

    John Hughes

    Trevin Wade

    I have to read more about the third day guys. But right now, Weeden is even more of a value to me than even Richardson because of the position he plays and from how he upgrades our team from late in the first round.

    Just loving the top three picks. Cant wait for training camp to see all these other bodies. The fact that Heckert had a hard-on for Hughes even makes me excited to see him. This is Heckert's make or break draft. Go big or go home. If we fail, it's not because we didn't try. Best young talent heading into training camp since 1994. Wish it started tomorrow.

    Zombo

  • I'm getting excited about some of the UDFA guys we are bringing in to. A lot of athletic guys and producers for their college teams.

  • Brandon Weeden

    Trent Richardson

    Mitchell Schwartz

    Travis Benjamin

    Billy Winn

    James Ryan Miller

    Michael Johnson

    Brad Smelley

    Emmanuel Acho

    John Hughes

    Trevin Wade

    I have to read more about the third day guys. But right now, Weeden is even more of a value to me than even Richardson because of the position he plays and from how he upgrades our team from late in the first round.

    Just loving the top three picks. Cant wait for training camp to see all these other bodies. The fact that Heckert had a hard-on for Hughes even makes me excited to see him. This is Heckert's make or break draft. Go big or go home. If we fail, it's not because we didn't try. Best young talent heading into training camp since 1994. Wish it started tomorrow.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I have to read more about the third day guys.

    Zombo

    good luck finding anything on those duds.

    Zombo said:

    This is Heckert's make or break draft. Go big or go home. If we fail, it's not because we didn't try. Best young talent heading into training camp since 1994. Wish it started tomorrow.

    Zombo

    well if it's the 'break' year i hope he takes his fat assed boss along with him.

  • Zombo said:

    I have to read more about the third day guys.

    Zombo

    good luck finding anything on those duds.

    Zombo said:

    This is Heckert's make or break draft. Go big or go home. If we fail, it's not because we didn't try. Best young talent heading into training camp since 1994. Wish it started tomorrow.

    Zombo

    well if it's the 'break' year i hope he takes his fat assed boss along with him.

    @miktoxic said:

    good luck finding anything on those duds.

    well if it's the 'break' year i hope he takes his fat assed boss along with him.

    And replace them with who? And then who in 2015?

  • Brandon Weeden

    Trent Richardson

    Mitchell Schwartz

    Travis Benjamin

    Billy Winn

    James Ryan Miller

    Michael Johnson

    Brad Smelley

    Emmanuel Acho

    John Hughes

    Trevin Wade

    I have to read more about the third day guys. But right now, Weeden is even more of a value to me than even Richardson because of the position he plays and from how he upgrades our team from late in the first round.

    Just loving the top three picks. Cant wait for training camp to see all these other bodies. The fact that Heckert had a hard-on for Hughes even makes me excited to see him. This is Heckert's make or break draft. Go big or go home. If we fail, it's not because we didn't try. Best young talent heading into training camp since 1994. Wish it started tomorrow.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Brandon Weeden

    Trent Richardson

    Mitchell Schwartz

    Travis Benjamin

    Billy Winn

    James Ryan Miller

    Michael Johnson

    Brad Smelley

    Emmanuel Acho

    John Hughes

    Trevin Wade

    I have to read more about the third day guys. But right now, Weeden is even more of a value to me than even Richardson because of the position he plays and from how he upgrades our team from late in the first round.

    Just loving the top three picks. Cant wait for training camp to see all these other bodies. The fact that Heckert had a hard-on for Hughes even makes me excited to see him. This is Heckert's make or break draft. Go big or go home. If we fail, it's not because we didn't try. Best young talent heading into training camp since 1994. Wish it started tomorrow.

    Zombo

    I can't wait for the opener.....it will be exciting...almost a playoff feel....and chicks in halter tops.

    Whatever happened to braless?? I miss that era. 😉

  • 1. Trent Richardson- clear leader- best player at his position in the draft- might be the best Runningback in the past four years. Clearly the best pick. I think Richardson and Weeden plus having picks the next couple years is better than RGIII. Just my opinion.

    2. Mitchell Schwartz- The more you read the better you feel about the pick. The back issue is a concern. Would you be disappointed if he had a Ryan Tucker type career? Good pick

    3. Brandon Weeden- When you get off if his age you see a good QB. You worry if he's prone to big mistakes- all those highlights you see alot of dumb interceptions. You can't argue that he's not a winner as he out dualed some of the best QBs. He'll have a good line and a great back.

    4. Travis Benjamin- He's not a track guy playing football, he looks more comfortable than Josh Cribbs catching the ball and the speed is obviously there. He is a steal in the 4th round. Great pick.

    5. Billy Winn- good player- regardless of where he was drafted I expect him to make the team and be a part of the rotation. Great pick.

    6. Acho- Special teamer. Now and maybe for good. Solid pick.

    7. Wade- I think he'll make the team as well. You wonder if he can play some FS you worry about his speed but the guy seems to have a nose for the ball. Solid pick.

    8. Johnson- Special teamer- not seeing what others are seeing. Okay pick.

    9. Ryan Miller- I'm seeing a guy out of the league in three years.

    9. John Hughes- if he was a 5th or 6th round pick I'd be okay with it- we passed up too much talent- I can't believe he was probably Top 60-70 on the Browns board.

    10. Brad Smelley- I would be surprised if he makes the team.

  • Trent Richardson

    Mitchell Schwartz

    Brad Smelley

    John Hughes

    Michael Johnson

    James Miller

    Travis Benjamin

    Billy Winn

    Brandon Weeden

    Emmanuel Acho

    Trevin Wade

    Ranking may be subject to change shortly...

  • I'm no draft guru, but as a long-time fan I'm disappointed they didn't draft Upshaw.

    They waited until round 4 to get a LB. My opinion, we have the worst LB core in the league. We haven't been able to defend the edges since Clay left.

    I will reserve judgement & give Heckert the benefit of the doubt for now. We'll find out how competitive we are right away, playing Philly, Cincy, Buffalo (who is improving), & the Ratbirds our first 4 games.

  • If Weeden can throw the 5 yard out pass in this offense without drops this team will be better than anyone thinks.

    If he pulls a Mccoy and throws it 15 yards over thier heads and into the stands then you can expect with this schedule the worst season we have had since we came back.

    Defense once again holds a close game, the offense fails and we punt 14 times a game or more 🙁

  • the great prognosticator hath spoken!

    to summarize, if the offense sucks, we'll lose. if the QB position continues to suck, we'll lose.

    take notes people....these are unforgettable insights!

  • I'm no draft guru, but as a long-time fan I'm disappointed they didn't draft Upshaw.

    They waited until round 4 to get a LB. My opinion, we have the worst LB core in the league. We haven't been able to defend the edges since Clay left.

    I will reserve judgement & give Heckert the benefit of the doubt for now. We'll find out how competitive we are right away, playing Philly, Cincy, Buffalo (who is improving), & the Ratbirds our first 4 games.

    @bob806 said:

    I'm no draft guru, but as a long-time fan I'm disappointed they didn't draft Upshaw.

    They did draft Upshaw: 1969, Browns first round pick out of Trinity Univ (TX)....you didn't say which year 😛

  • the great prognosticator hath spoken!

    to summarize, if the offense sucks, we'll lose. if the QB position continues to suck, we'll lose.

    take notes people....these are unforgettable insights!

    @choco said:

    the great prognosticator hath spoken!

    to summarize, if the offense sucks, we'll lose. if the QB position continues to suck, we'll lose.

    take notes people....these are unforgettable insights!

    Nominee for zing of the week.