Skip to content

Rank The Afc North Draft

The Browns Board
159 25 5.3k
  • Homotron said:

    Pittsburgh is a dying city? National Geographic just rated in one of the top 25 places in THE WORLD to visit because of it's rich history, architecture and diverse cultural districts. It's also being labeled as a MODEL for other cities to follow because the city came from the brink (Steel industry collapse) to a complete and total revitalization. A "Dying city" wouldn't have hosted the G20 summit. It also wouldn't be the National Headquarters for several major brands AND heading up a truly unique movie making structure that allows studios to come in, catch a tax break and make fantastic movies using the "dying city" as it's back drop. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how this thread went from discussing draft classes to bashing cities. It's precisely why this message board has such a problem. A little civility goes a long way. I've been here a while now on two names and when I first joined it wasn't to troll. I also don't post to troll currently. It's nice to get a different perspective when people are actually using their brains. The problem with that statement is a lot of people don't use that large muscle between their ears, they just spew, spew, spew.

    There are a lot of hilariously self righteous and sometimes pretentious slugs on this message board.

    Right. The Avengers was filmed at least partially in Cleveland and so was Spider-man 3. What bigger movies can Pitt claim than that? Zack and miri make a porno? That made Pittsburgh look awesome, or totally realistic

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Right. The Avengers was filmed at least partially in Cleveland and so was Spider-man 3. What bigger movies can Pitt claim than that? Zack and miri make a porno? That made Pittsburgh look awesome, or totally realistic

    Its great that those films were made in Cleveland. I just wish they were better.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Right. The Avengers was filmed at least partially in Cleveland and so was Spider-man 3. What bigger movies can Pitt claim than that? Zack and miri make a porno? That made Pittsburgh look awesome, or totally realistic

    Seriously? You should probably check to see what movies have been filmed in Pittsburgh over just the last five years. Guess which city IS Gotham City in the next Batman movie. It shouldn't take you long. Several Steelers also make an appearance.

    Also here is a list via wikipedia

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_shot_in_Pittsburgh

    Guess which movie is ALSO on the list? Oh the Avengers. My point was Pittsburgh started a tax credit initiative to draw major studios and it's worked. The idea was pioneered in Pittsburgh.

    Homotron said:

    Seriously? You should probably check to see what movies have been filmed in Pittsburgh over just the last five years. Guess which city IS Gotham City in the next Batman movie. It shouldn't take you long. Several Steelers also make an appearance.

    Also here is a list via wikipedia

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_shot_in_Pittsburgh

    Guess which movie is ALSO on the list? Oh the Avengers. My point was Pittsburgh started a tax credit initiative to draw major studios and it's worked. The idea was pioneered in Pittsburgh.

    So? You had to bribe them to come there? I suspect it is done everywhere.

  • @bills-n-browns-fan said:

    Your draft sucks by the way.

    lol. You suck. I'm still not sure how you're a Bills fan AND a Browns fan but the Bills at least had a solid draft outside of the trade up in round 3 for the track star. He's fast but he was more of a 7th round guy than a 3rd round guy. Speed kills I guess. Your TEAMS have two experiment wr's in the wings. Graham and Benjamin. You had to love getting Glenn in the 2nd round. I wouldn't have been upset had the Steelers drafted him in the first.

    Homotron said:

    lol. You suck. I'm still not sure how you're a Bills fan AND a Browns fan but the Bills at least had a solid draft outside of the trade up in round 3 for the track star. He's fast but he was more of a 7th round guy than a 3rd round guy. Speed kills I guess. Your TEAMS have two experiment wr's in the wings. Graham and Benjamin. You had to love getting Glenn in the 2nd round. I wouldn't have been upset had the Steelers drafted him in the first.

    And Mike Wallace and Anthony Brown were experiments when they were taken.

  • Homotron said:

    Seriously? You should probably check to see what movies have been filmed in Pittsburgh over just the last five years. Guess which city IS Gotham City in the next Batman movie. It shouldn't take you long. Several Steelers also make an appearance.

    Also here is a list via wikipedia

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_shot_in_Pittsburgh

    Guess which movie is ALSO on the list? Oh the Avengers. My point was Pittsburgh started a tax credit initiative to draw major studios and it's worked. The idea was pioneered in Pittsburgh.

    I was asking a serious question, so thanks. However, Cleveland gets its fair share of movies. Not to mention almost everything on that list is some low budget indy crap. Nothing anyone would know except for robocop.

    So gotham goes from being nyc, to Chicago to Pittsburgh? I don't remember gotham being in a hellish mountain holler, but I guess they've got to save money somewhere.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I was asking a serious question, so thanks. However, Cleveland gets its fair share of movies. Not to mention almost everything on that list is some low budget indy crap. Nothing anyone would know except for robocop.

    So gotham goes from being nyc, to Chicago to Pittsburgh? I don't remember gotham being in a hellish mountain holler, but I guess they've got to save money somewhere.

    Whatever....we all know however that Metropolis...for Superman IS Cleveland. Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster invented Superman....they lived in Cleveland and Cleveland was their model for Metropolis.

  • 3 words, Howard the Duck.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I was asking a serious question, so thanks. However, Cleveland gets its fair share of movies. Not to mention almost everything on that list is some low budget indy crap. Nothing anyone would know except for robocop.

    So gotham goes from being nyc, to Chicago to Pittsburgh? I don't remember gotham being in a hellish mountain holler, but I guess they've got to save money somewhere.

    Whatever....we all know however that Metropolis...for Superman IS Cleveland. Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster invented Superman....they lived in Cleveland and Cleveland was their model for Metropolis.

    @the-gipper said:

    Whatever....we all know however that Metropolis...for Superman IS Cleveland. Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster invented Superman....they lived in Cleveland and Cleveland was their model for Metropolis.

    Whats even sadder is theres a town in Kentucky or Tennessee claiming to be the home and museum for Superman. Yet this city does not take the initiative to takes its own fictional hero and bring him home..."WHERE HE BELONGS"

  • @the-gipper said:

    Whatever....we all know however that Metropolis...for Superman IS Cleveland. Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster invented Superman....they lived in Cleveland and Cleveland was their model for Metropolis.

    Whats even sadder is theres a town in Kentucky or Tennessee claiming to be the home and museum for Superman. Yet this city does not take the initiative to takes its own fictional hero and bring him home..."WHERE HE BELONGS"

    @nickers said:

    Whats even sadder is theres a town in Kentucky or Tennessee claiming to be the home and museum for Superman. Yet this city does not take the initiative to takes its own fictional hero and bring him home..."WHERE HE BELONGS"

    I thought the house on the East Side where Siegle first wrote Superman was turned into sort of a museum?.

    Read "The Book of Lies" by Brad Meltzer for an interesting take on the Jerry Siegel creation of Superman.

    Siegel father had been killed by a gunshot to the chest when Jerry was a young teenager. His father was Jerry's hero, so what he did was to invent a hero that was nearly invincible...i'e. Superman.

  • Not Cleveland, but NE Ohio:

  • Homotron said:

    lol. You suck. I'm still not sure how you're a Bills fan AND a Browns fan but the Bills at least had a solid draft outside of the trade up in round 3 for the track star. He's fast but he was more of a 7th round guy than a 3rd round guy. Speed kills I guess. Your TEAMS have two experiment wr's in the wings. Graham and Benjamin. You had to love getting Glenn in the 2nd round. I wouldn't have been upset had the Steelers drafted him in the first.

    And Mike Wallace and Anthony Brown were experiments when they were taken.

    @the-gipper said:

    And Mike Wallace and Anthony Brown were experiments when they were taken.

    Antonio Brown. Mike Wallace wasn't an experiment as you don't "EXPERIMENT" in the 3rd round at least not in Pittsburgh. I'm also not implying that there can't be draft steals but in this case Benjamin was not projected to go that high. We also shouldn't ignore organization influence and team leadership. The Steelers have plenty of both SO if there is talent to be extracted Pittsburgh is one of the most capable.

  • AND this message board is hysterical. I'm posting about the draft in the AFC North along with everyone else and someone decides to make it city related and not draft related. Now look at this sh.it show of a thread lol. I post here because of the AFC North and our football teams not because of our respective cities. My signature will remain because my changed name is still top left but I'm done arguing Pittsburgh vs Cleveland unless it's professional sports. Everyone else should try the same.

    EDIT: And if we're talking the state of PA I can add a bunch of other movies.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I was asking a serious question, so thanks. However, Cleveland gets its fair share of movies. Not to mention almost everything on that list is some low budget indy crap. Nothing anyone would know except for robocop.

    So gotham goes from being nyc, to Chicago to Pittsburgh? I don't remember gotham being in a hellish mountain holler, but I guess they've got to save money somewhere.

    Whatever....we all know however that Metropolis...for Superman IS Cleveland. Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster invented Superman....they lived in Cleveland and Cleveland was their model for Metropolis.

    @the-gipper said:

    Whatever....we all know however that Metropolis...for Superman IS Cleveland. Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster invented Superman....they lived in Cleveland and Cleveland was their model for Metropolis.

    Yeah, well Marvel actually produced a comic series (Star Brand) set in the city of Pittsburgh (not a metaphorical Cleveland). The Star Brand wielded powers far in excess of Superman's, but was placed in the hands of a typical Yinzer Yahoo. Needless to say his ineptitude eventually caused the complete and utter destruction of the city of Pittsburgh. Somehow, I imagine that edition sold incredibly well in Cleveland.

  • AND this message board is hysterical. I'm posting about the draft in the AFC North along with everyone else and someone decides to make it city related and not draft related. Now look at this sh.it show of a thread lol. I post here because of the AFC North and our football teams not because of our respective cities. My signature will remain because my changed name is still top left but I'm done arguing Pittsburgh vs Cleveland unless it's professional sports. Everyone else should try the same.

    EDIT: And if we're talking the state of PA I can add a bunch of other movies.

    Homotron said:

    AND this message board is hysterical. I'm posting about the draft in the AFC North along with everyone else and someone decides to make it city related and not draft related. Now look at this sh.it show of a thread lol. I post here because of the AFC North and our football teams not because of our respective cities. My signature will remain because my changed name is still top left but I'm done arguing Pittsburgh vs Cleveland unless it's professional sports. Everyone else should try the same.

    EDIT: And if we're talking the state of PA I can add a bunch of other movies.

    You and only you brought it up.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And Mike Wallace and Anthony Brown were experiments when they were taken.

    Antonio Brown. Mike Wallace wasn't an experiment as you don't "EXPERIMENT" in the 3rd round at least not in Pittsburgh. I'm also not implying that there can't be draft steals but in this case Benjamin was not projected to go that high. We also shouldn't ignore organization influence and team leadership. The Steelers have plenty of both SO if there is talent to be extracted Pittsburgh is one of the most capable.

    Homotron said:

    Antonio Brown. Mike Wallace wasn't an experiment as you don't "EXPERIMENT" in the 3rd round at least not in Pittsburgh. I'm also not implying that there can't be draft steals but in this case Benjamin was not projected to go that high. We also shouldn't ignore organization influence and team leadership. The Steelers have plenty of both SO if there is talent to be extracted Pittsburgh is one of the most capable.

    Why is a 4th rounder any more of an experiment than a 3rd rounder? Every freeking player drafted is an experiment. Some go the way you think, some don't.

    Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf weren't supposed to either be experiments.

    So much for that theory.

    One thing about Benjamin that isn't "experimental": it is the speed he brings that no one else on the Browns WR corps has. Whether or not he can bring all the other attributes that a WR needs remains to be seen....but he starts out ahead of the game with his speed.

    And its not like this kid went to Dubuque Tech. He went to Miami U. which has been about as good as it gets when it comes to producing pro talent, including WR talent.

  • Homotron said:

    AND this message board is hysterical. I'm posting about the draft in the AFC North along with everyone else and someone decides to make it city related and not draft related. Now look at this sh.it show of a thread lol. I post here because of the AFC North and our football teams not because of our respective cities. My signature will remain because my changed name is still top left but I'm done arguing Pittsburgh vs Cleveland unless it's professional sports. Everyone else should try the same.

    EDIT: And if we're talking the state of PA I can add a bunch of other movies.

    You and only you brought it up.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    You and only you brought it up.

    I didn't call Cleveland a dying city. I didn't bring it up. I merely address the BS post and it could have been left at that, instead it became a Pittsburgh vs Cleveland thing when all i was doing was defending my city and not attacking yours.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Whatever....we all know however that Metropolis...for Superman IS Cleveland. Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster invented Superman....they lived in Cleveland and Cleveland was their model for Metropolis.

    Yeah, well Marvel actually produced a comic series (Star Brand) set in the city of Pittsburgh (not a metaphorical Cleveland). The Star Brand wielded powers far in excess of Superman's, but was placed in the hands of a typical Yinzer Yahoo. Needless to say his ineptitude eventually caused the complete and utter destruction of the city of Pittsburgh. Somehow, I imagine that edition sold incredibly well in Cleveland.

    Endymion said:

    Yeah, well Marvel actually produced a comic series (Star Brand) set in the city of Pittsburgh (not a metaphorical Cleveland). The Star Brand wielded powers far in excess of Superman's, but was placed in the hands of a typical Yinzer Yahoo. Needless to say his ineptitude eventually caused the complete and utter destruction of the city of Pittsburgh. Somehow, I imagine that edition sold incredibly well in Cleveland.

    You know that I trust your judgment when it comes to fairly obscure Science Fiction matters.

    Well, that's OK, because wasn't there a giant tomato or something that once ate Cleveland?

    http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/2438430

  • Homotron said:

    Antonio Brown. Mike Wallace wasn't an experiment as you don't "EXPERIMENT" in the 3rd round at least not in Pittsburgh. I'm also not implying that there can't be draft steals but in this case Benjamin was not projected to go that high. We also shouldn't ignore organization influence and team leadership. The Steelers have plenty of both SO if there is talent to be extracted Pittsburgh is one of the most capable.

    Why is a 4th rounder any more of an experiment than a 3rd rounder? Every freeking player drafted is an experiment. Some go the way you think, some don't.

    Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf weren't supposed to either be experiments.

    So much for that theory.

    One thing about Benjamin that isn't "experimental": it is the speed he brings that no one else on the Browns WR corps has. Whether or not he can bring all the other attributes that a WR needs remains to be seen....but he starts out ahead of the game with his speed.

    And its not like this kid went to Dubuque Tech. He went to Miami U. which has been about as good as it gets when it comes to producing pro talent, including WR talent.

    @the-gipper said:

    Why is a 4th rounder any more of an experiment than a 3rd rounder? Every freeking player drafted is an experiment. Some go the way you think, some don't.

    Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf weren't supposed to either be experiments.

    So much for that theory.

    One thing about Benjamin that isn't "experimental": it is the speed he brings that no one else on the Browns WR corps has. Whether or not he can bring all the other attributes that a WR needs remains to be seen....but he starts out ahead of the game with his speed.

    And its not like this kid went to Dubuque Tech. He went to Miami U. which has been about as good as it gets when it comes to producing pro talent, including WR talent.

    Wallace was not projected to be a 6th round pick and therefore wasn't a reach in the 4th like Benjamin. There also hasn't been a Hurricane drafted in the first round in something like 4 years. I certainly loved a few players in that uniform this season namely Lamar Miller and Sean Spence. It's not a first round talent factory at the moment and certainly not "AS GOOD AS IT GETS". Do you just make this sh.it up as you go along or what? Andre Johnson was the last biggie WR drafted out of Miami and that was in 2003, 9 years ago.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why is a 4th rounder any more of an experiment than a 3rd rounder? Every freeking player drafted is an experiment. Some go the way you think, some don't.

    Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf weren't supposed to either be experiments.

    So much for that theory.

    One thing about Benjamin that isn't "experimental": it is the speed he brings that no one else on the Browns WR corps has. Whether or not he can bring all the other attributes that a WR needs remains to be seen....but he starts out ahead of the game with his speed.

    And its not like this kid went to Dubuque Tech. He went to Miami U. which has been about as good as it gets when it comes to producing pro talent, including WR talent.

    Wallace was not projected to be a 6th round pick and therefore wasn't a reach in the 4th like Benjamin. There also hasn't been a Hurricane drafted in the first round in something like 4 years. I certainly loved a few players in that uniform this season namely Lamar Miller and Sean Spence. It's not a first round talent factory at the moment and certainly not "AS GOOD AS IT GETS". Do you just make this sh.it up as you go along or what? Andre Johnson was the last biggie WR drafted out of Miami and that was in 2003, 9 years ago.

    Homotron said:

    Wallace was not projected to be a 6th round pick and therefore wasn't a reach in the 4th like Benjamin. There also hasn't been a Hurricane drafted in the first round in something like 4 years. I certainly loved a few players in that uniform this season namely Lamar Miller and Sean Spence. It's not a first round talent factory at the moment and certainly not "AS GOOD AS IT GETS". Do you just make this sh.it up as you go along or what? Andre Johnson was the last biggie WR drafted out of Miami and that was in 2003, 9 years ago.

    Your assumption that Benjamin is a reach "preassumes" that he will not be a quality receiever in the NFL, simply because some asshat draft analyzers whose butts you have your nose up say so. You make an ass of yourself by making those assumptions.

    Historically UM has been as good as it gets when it comes to WRs.

    What other schools have produced excellent receivers that you can point to?

    What IS "as good as it gets"?