Skip to content

Youth Will Be Served

The Browns Board
12 9 938
  • The Browns apparently will have a 28 or 29 year old QB this year...but what about his protection? The OL and TEs and FBs around him will be the following ages (ages of all OL etc. taken from Browns roster):

    OL:

    Dom Alford age 24

    Greco age 27

    Lauvao...24

    Mack...26

    Pinkston ...24

    Jarrod Shaw...24

    Joe Thomas...27

    The Schwartz...22

    Ryan Miller...22

    TEs:

    Watson...31

    Alex Smith...29

    Gronkowski...27

    Cameron Jordan..23 (or is it Jordan Cameron?)

    FBs:

    Marecic...23

    Smelley...22

    And his skill players?:

    WRs:

    Cribbs...28

    MoMass...25

    Little...22

    Mitchell..24

    Norwood...25

    Rod Windsor..27

    Owen Spencer..24

    Benjamin...22

    RBs:

    Richardson...21

    Hardesty...25

    Brandon Jacobs...26

    Ogbannaya...25

    Armond Smith...25

    As you can see ONLY Watson and Alex Smith are older than Weeden on this entire offense. Cribbs is the same age.

    QBs usually play older than most other positions, so one thing is certain, this team will grow together, if it can stay together and win together.

    Even "old man" Joe Thomas is only 27. OTs often last into their late 30s.

  • On the defensive side of the ball only:

    Sheldon Brown...33

    Scott Fujita...33

    Juqua Parker...33

    are over 30 years of age (compare Steelers who have 7 defensive starters over 30)

    And Brown (Skrine?) and Fujita (JimMickJack) are scheduled for replacement and Parker is only a rotational player.

  • On the defensive side of the ball only:

    Sheldon Brown...33

    Scott Fujita...33

    Juqua Parker...33

    are over 30 years of age (compare Steelers who have 7 defensive starters over 30)

    And Brown (Skrine?) and Fujita (JimMickJack) are scheduled for replacement and Parker is only a rotational player.

    @the-gipper said:

    On the defensive side of the ball only:

    Sheldon Brown...33

    Scott Fujita...33

    Juqua Parker...33

    are over 30 years of age (compare Steelers who have 7 defensive starters over 30)

    And Brown (Skrine?) and Fujita (JimMickJack) are scheduled for replacement and Parker is only a rotational player.

    Just because they are young doesn't mean that they will be any good, but I do like the optimism. Thank you for doing the research and posting it.

  • @the-gipper said:

    On the defensive side of the ball only:

    Sheldon Brown...33

    Scott Fujita...33

    Juqua Parker...33

    are over 30 years of age (compare Steelers who have 7 defensive starters over 30)

    And Brown (Skrine?) and Fujita (JimMickJack) are scheduled for replacement and Parker is only a rotational player.

    Just because they are young doesn't mean that they will be any good, but I do like the optimism. Thank you for doing the research and posting it.

    @browns57 said:

    Just because they are young doesn't mean that they will be any good, but I do like the optimism. Thank you for doing the research and posting it.

    Of course you are right. Maybe the unsaid point is this: there are only 5-6 players on this entire team older than Weeden. In essence, HE must act and play like one of the veteran leaders.

    Based on everything I have heard, he can certain act like a leader. But he must also perform as well.

  • Next step is to get rid of all the old fans and get some bright young people and hot chicks !!! πŸ˜›

  • Is Richardson the youngest player on the team???

  • Next step is to get rid of all the old fans and get some bright young people and hot chicks !!! πŸ˜›

    @brownindian said:

    Next step is to get rid of all the old fans and get some bright young people and hot chicks !!! πŸ˜›

    Hey now!...We old farts ain't dead yet!!! πŸ™„

    Personally, I refuse to croak until WELL AFTER the Browns win a Super Bowl!!! Your bad luck sonny! πŸ˜†

    Actually, I want you youngsters to experience what I did in 1964. I just expect to be here to share that joy!

    Mike

  • Next step is to get rid of all the old fans and get some bright young people and hot chicks !!! πŸ˜›

    @brownindian said:

    Next step is to get rid of all the old fans and get some bright young people and hot chicks !!! πŸ˜›

    We have a few home games early where the chicks can were the halter tops.

    I wish bra-less would make a comeback.

    Ok....I am a dirty old man, but truth be known, the only thing that's changed is the "old" part. 😍

  • Next step is to get rid of all the old fans and get some bright young people and hot chicks !!! πŸ˜›

    @brownindian said:

    Next step is to get rid of all the old fans and get some bright young people and hot chicks !!! πŸ˜›

    The Hot Chicks will be your job. The Bright people, I can handle

    040610_bigbang.jpg.

  • Thanks for that Gipper.

    Youth=stability

  • Hey Trent and I are the same age!

  • Jackson, not Jacobs.

    haha was confused for a second that they signed brandon jacobs from the Giants and I just didn't hear about it.