Skip to content

Junior Seau Dead

The Browns Board
43 25 1.7k
  • Why would this not be breaking news on espn? could be fake.

    Smokin said:

    Why would this not be breaking news on espn? could be fake.

    No his house keeper was on record saying self inflicted gun shot wound to the chest. But, you never know you could be right.

  • Homotron said:

    I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

    Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

    I wasn't implying that he committed suicide for cash. It's possible he was dead broke and in the gutter, therefore heinously depressed considering his previous lifestyle. He then tragically took his own life as a direct result. Who knows at this point.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    According to the North County Times, Seau committed suicide. A San Diego television station, 10news, also reported it was a suicide.

    I'll wait for ESPN.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    I'll wait for ESPN.

    Since ESPN is the pinnacle of reporting? ESPN is actually pretty terrible honestly. I'd say at this point it's pretty much confirmed that he's gone.

  • I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

    Homotron said:

    I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

    Wouldn't happen to most of them if they would wear a raincoat... Warren Sapp is another that has no money left because he shelling out about 30-40k a month in child support payments.

    Idiots.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

    I wasn't implying that he committed suicide for cash. It's possible he was dead broke and in the gutter, therefore heinously depressed considering his previous lifestyle. He then tragically took his own life as a direct result. Who knows at this point.

    Homotron said:

    I wasn't implying that he committed suicide for cash. It's possible he was dead broke and in the gutter, therefore heinously depressed considering his previous lifestyle. He then tragically took his own life as a direct result. Who knows at this point.

    Shut up, Homo, your housekeeper doesn't find you when you are dead broke and in the gutter.

    No one knows why, everyone is going to speculate.

    I can tell you one thing, the guy had a hard time living without football. Remember when he "retired" all crying and shit and then signed with the Patriots 4 days later? He couldn't give it up. Ended up signing 4 one-year contracts with the Patriots, finally leaving for good in 2010.

    If you were in the NFL 3 seasons ago after a 18 year all-pro career you aren't "broke and in the gutter", that's for sure.

    Zombo

  • espn just confirmed it

  • He has had a couple of incidents lately dealing with his domestic situation. I don't recall exactly if he was charged with domestic violence, or if his wife left...or if he is getting a divorce, or what.

    In fact, I think this may not have been his first suicide attempt. He actually ran his car off a cliff earlier....and said he fell asleep at the wheel.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Where does it say anything about suicide? That article says they are investigating a shooting. Either way it's sad to see him go, especially if he did choose to end his own life.

    Link

    Oh and while you are there, check out the Kate Upton video.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Link

    Oh and while you are there, check out the Kate Upton video.

    I am no longer master of my domain.

  • who shoots himself in the chest?

  • who shoots himself in the chest?

    @choco said:

    who shoots himself in the chest?

    Eliot Smith stabbed himself in the chest. Imagine the balls to do that.

  • RIP Junior! One hell of a football player!

  • stats

    Lethality rate of chest shot in upper 90 percentile range. He may have wanted to leave his brain intact for autopsy.

  • Hell of a player. Saw pretty much his entire career, all the way back to high school. He went to the high school in the next city and we played them every year. The team sucked but there was no doubt that he was a stud back then.

  • who shoots himself in the chest?

    @choco said:

    who shoots himself in the chest?

    My first thought as well...

    And we think we live for football...

  • @choco said:

    who shoots himself in the chest?

    My first thought as well...

    And we think we live for football...

    @tour2ma said:

    And we think we live for football...

    Awesome statement.

  • If you were in the NFL 3 seasons ago after a 18 year all-pro career you aren't "broke and in the gutter", that's for sure.

    Zombo

    Just ask Terrell Owens.

  • I was just trying to find an old Seau jersey of mine yesterday. Never did find it.

  • I hope he really didn't kill himself, that's such a cowards way out- he has children and IMO that's the most selfish thing a person with kids can do!

  • I hope he really didn't kill himself, that's such a cowards way out- he has children and IMO that's the most selfish thing a person with kids can do!

    @poeticg said:

    I hope he really didn't kill himself, that's such a cowards way out- he has children and IMO that's the most selfish thing a person with kids can do!

    I agree. You hurt your loved ones the most. It's a bad solution to a problem. I feel for his loved ones.

  • who shoots himself in the chest?

    @choco said:

    who shoots himself in the chest?

    Well, I know of a surgeon who took a full auto pistol, turned it around and pumped 6 rounds into his heart. does happen, not the most efficint way to use a gun on yourself I admit.