Skip to content

Junior Seau Dead

The Browns Board
43 25 1.7k
  • who shoots himself in the chest?

    @choco said:

    who shoots himself in the chest?

    Well, I know of a surgeon who took a full auto pistol, turned it around and pumped 6 rounds into his heart. does happen, not the most efficint way to use a gun on yourself I admit.

  • I hope he really didn't kill himself, that's such a cowards way out- he has children and IMO that's the most selfish thing a person with kids can do!

    @poeticg said:

    I hope he really didn't kill himself, that's such a cowards way out- he has children and IMO that's the most selfish thing a person with kids can do!

    This is a really ignorant point of view. Yes, suicide hurts more than just the one who commits it. Typically, one has to be mentally ill (ie. depressed) to take things that far. You don't understand what's going on in their brain so don't call it selfish.

  • @poeticg said:

    I hope he really didn't kill himself, that's such a cowards way out- he has children and IMO that's the most selfish thing a person with kids can do!

    This is a really ignorant point of view. Yes, suicide hurts more than just the one who commits it. Typically, one has to be mentally ill (ie. depressed) to take things that far. You don't understand what's going on in their brain so don't call it selfish.

    @vaportrail said:

    This is a really ignorant point of view. Yes, suicide hurts more than just the one who commits it. Typically, one has to be mentally ill (ie. depressed) to take things that far. You don't understand what's going on in their brain so don't call it selfish.

    No its selfish. Now if he was a POW and being tortured that's a different story.

  • @vaportrail said:

    This is a really ignorant point of view. Yes, suicide hurts more than just the one who commits it. Typically, one has to be mentally ill (ie. depressed) to take things that far. You don't understand what's going on in their brain so don't call it selfish.

    No its selfish. Now if he was a POW and being tortured that's a different story.

    @taco918 said:

    No its selfish. Now if he was a POW and being tortured that's a different story.

    No, you're an idiot and are displaying that you have zero understanding of mental health.

  • all kinds of ppl commit suicide. not just mentally challenged people. (?)

    on a lighter note a terrible loss, seeing the footage of Seau's mother talk to the press was enough to believe sucide affects everyone, not just the person doing so, which is why I hope he didn't commit suicide. In a way it does make him look bad...I almost dont believe it.

    He helped the community, had a family and a great living made from his Pro career....why shoot yourself in the chest?

  • @taco918 said:

    No its selfish. Now if he was a POW and being tortured that's a different story.

    No, you're an idiot and are displaying that you have zero understanding of mental health.

    @vaportrail said:

    No, you're an idiot and are displaying that you have zero understanding of mental health.

    Well considering I've dealt with a bout of depression and have had family members who have dealt with it I have a better understanding then most. Suicide definitely crossed my mind at the time but I still had the wherewithal to realize it wasn't all about me and the pain and suffering it would've caused my family. Have fun feeling like a dick.

  • @vaportrail said:

    No, you're an idiot and are displaying that you have zero understanding of mental health.

    Well considering I've dealt with a bout of depression and have had family members who have dealt with it I have a better understanding then most. Suicide definitely crossed my mind at the time but I still had the wherewithal to realize it wasn't all about me and the pain and suffering it would've caused my family. Have fun feeling like a dick.

    @taco918 said:

    Well considering I've dealt with a bout of depression and have had family members who have dealt with it I have a better understanding then most. Suicide definitely crossed my mind at the time but I still had the wherewithal to realize it wasn't all about me and the pain and suffering it would've caused my family. Have fun feeling like a dick.

    Sorry to hear of your trouble, but obviously you weren't depressed enough to not think clearly and kill yourself.

    I wish at some point these damn cameras are turned off. This woman didn't need to be filmed at the lowest point in her life. Who the hell wants to see that.

    I am 100% serious here, had I been in the crowd I would have asked the camera be turned off out of respect for a grieving mother. Had it not, I would have bounced it off the camera persons forehead, then smashed it to the ground.

    Come on! What the heck have we become??

  • Homotron said:

    I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

    Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

    Probably related to Kosar, Mental illness is inherited.

  • @taco918 said:

    Well considering I've dealt with a bout of depression and have had family members who have dealt with it I have a better understanding then most. Suicide definitely crossed my mind at the time but I still had the wherewithal to realize it wasn't all about me and the pain and suffering it would've caused my family. Have fun feeling like a dick.

    Sorry to hear of your trouble, but obviously you weren't depressed enough to not think clearly and kill yourself.

    I wish at some point these damn cameras are turned off. This woman didn't need to be filmed at the lowest point in her life. Who the hell wants to see that.

    I am 100% serious here, had I been in the crowd I would have asked the camera be turned off out of respect for a grieving mother. Had it not, I would have bounced it off the camera persons forehead, then smashed it to the ground.

    Come on! What the heck have we become??

    @ballpeen said:

    Sorry to hear of your trouble, but obviously you weren't depressed enough to not think clearly and kill yourself.

    I wish at some point these damn cameras are turned off. This woman didn't need to be filmed at the lowest point in her life. Who the hell wants to see that.

    I am 100% serious here, had I been in the crowd I would have asked the camera be turned off out of respect for a grieving mother. Had it not, I would have bounced it off the camera persons forehead, then smashed it to the ground.

    Come on! What the heck have we become??

    Oh there were definitely times it seemed like the logical decision but I was lucky enough that my family stuck with me so I always knew in the back of my head how it would affect them. I feel terrible for those that have to go through it without any family or friends that support them unconditionally. If you ever have to deal with someone with depression the absolute best thing you can do is make it known that you care. It doesn't seem like much but it can make an unbelievable difference.

    As far as the media coverage of Seau it is sickening but there is a bit of a silver lining as well. It shows those that might be considering it the pain and anguish you put the people that really care about you the most through. It makes it more real. Part of the thought process is nobody will care when/if you're gone and maybe, hopefully, after seeing some of the coverage they'll start to see the implications or consequences of their actions. It might seem a bit farfetched but if I've learned anything from my past is that there is always a positive, regardless of how negative you precieve the situation. Granted I highly doubt that's ESPN or any other media outlets intent with their coverage.

  • all kinds of ppl commit suicide. not just mentally challenged people. (?)

    on a lighter note a terrible loss, seeing the footage of Seau's mother talk to the press was enough to believe sucide affects everyone, not just the person doing so, which is why I hope he didn't commit suicide. In a way it does make him look bad...I almost dont believe it.

    He helped the community, had a family and a great living made from his Pro career....why shoot yourself in the chest?

    @typicalbrowns said:

    all kinds of ppl commit suicide. not just mentally challenged people. (?)

    on a lighter note a terrible loss, seeing the footage of Seau's mother talk to the press was enough to believe sucide affects everyone, not just the person doing so, which is why I hope he didn't commit suicide. In a way it does make him look bad...I almost dont believe it.

    He helped the community, had a family and a great living made from his Pro career....why shoot yourself in the chest?

    I never said mentally challenged people, I said "mental illness." There is a difference. If you don't understand this difference, listen to people who do.

    Oh there were definitely times it seemed like the logical decision but I was lucky enough that my family stuck with me so I always knew in the back of my head how it would affect them. I feel terrible for those that have to go through it without any family or friends that support them unconditionally. If you ever have to deal with someone with depression the absolute best thing you can do is make it known that you care. It doesn't seem like much but it can make an unbelievable difference.

    As far as the media coverage of Seau it is sickening but there is a bit of a silver lining as well. It shows those that might be considering it the pain and anguish you put the people that really care about you the most through. It makes it more real. Part of the thought process is nobody will care when/if you're gone and maybe, hopefully, after seeing some of the coverage they'll start to see the implications or consequences of their actions. It might seem a bit farfetched but if I've learned anything from my past is that there is always a positive, regardless of how negative you precieve the situation. Granted I highly doubt that's ESPN or any other media outlets intent with their coverage.

    Taco. That's good for you. Seriously. Not everyone who is suicidal can take a step back and look at the pain they're going to cause others. All they see is the pain that they're in, and that it would be easier to be dead than alive. That's not selfishness, that's mental illness. I, too, have suffered from depression/had suicidal thoughts. I'd never act on that urge because, like you, I know that there are too many people I would hurt. This doesn't make us more morally correct than those who DO commit suicide, this just means we made a better choice than they did. What we went through, mentally, does not compare to what happened in Seau's brain. Until you've attempted to kill yourself, quit acting like you know where these people are coming from.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

    Probably related to Kosar, Mental illness is inherited.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Probably related to Kosar, Mental illness is inherited.

    Kosar? Why do you say that?

    (and I agree with you...mental illness can be inherited. My mother's twin sister spent nearly her entire life institutionalized, and now we are dealing with issues with another family member two generations later)