Skip to content

But Who Will Weeden Throw To?

The Browns Board
55 27 3.0k
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #41

    the best thing we did in the draft is improve our OL and get a legit RB (pleez stay healthy, mfer). i agree with archie bunker that what our offense is based upon (the brilliant holmgren/pat shurmer version of the WCO v42.5.8), is the chunk and dunk. and therefore that position was not of the highest importance.

    i could've swore that a whole lot more of this forum throughout last season was screaming for a top 3 wide out. nah, guess not?

    it's amazing how fast people forget what was shooting out of their mouths a couple of months ago and wipe it clean from their ownership like wiping a chalkboard with an eraser. and now everything is great.

    get back to me when we're 0 and 6.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #42

    i could've swore that a whole lot more of this forum throughout last season was screaming for a top 3 wide out. nah, guess not?

    Well, yes there was a lot of screaming for a Wideout...and for a RB, and for a QB, and for a RT...and for LBs, and DBs. WR was just one of many things we were screaming for.

    So, we didn't get a Top 3 WR. Send Heckert a Howler:

  • Homotron said:

    What has made you think Travis Benjamin is even going to see the field? He'll be a special teams contributor but I'll be surprised if he finds his way in to your starting rotation. Shocked even.

    That's because you don't know football.

    Listen....All About the Benjamin needs only to listen to Bill Cosby: "You, go long" to contribute.

    (or maybe he will do an Eric Metcalf/Josh Cribbs thing and just return kicks for TDs. Ain't nothing wrong with that.)

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @the-gipper said:

    Josh Cribbs thing and just return kicks for TDs. Ain't nothing wrong with that.)

    well we all know cribbs isn't 'the man' doing that anymore. i'm surprised people are even in love with his WR play.

    love the dude but this org has wasted his talent. another one bites the dust.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Josh Cribbs thing and just return kicks for TDs. Ain't nothing wrong with that.)

    well we all know cribbs isn't 'the man' doing that anymore. i'm surprised people are even in love with his WR play.

    love the dude but this org has wasted his talent. another one bites the dust.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @miktoxic said:

    well we all know cribbs isn't 'the man' doing that anymore. i'm surprised people are even in love with his WR play.

    love the dude but this org has wasted his talent. another one bites the dust.

    How do you figure the organizatin has wasted his talent? It hasn't won but that had nothing to do with Cribb's talent. He was/is outstanding at kick returns, and FYI, he led the Browns in TD receptions last year.

    By losing they "wasted" everyone talents....or lack thereof. Cribbs no more than anyone else.

    And, by the way...I for one don't know that Cribbs "ain't the man" any more. He may very well be the man. I expect him to be the man when it comes to special teams, still.

  • @miktoxic said:

    well we all know cribbs isn't 'the man' doing that anymore. i'm surprised people are even in love with his WR play.

    love the dude but this org has wasted his talent. another one bites the dust.

    How do you figure the organizatin has wasted his talent? It hasn't won but that had nothing to do with Cribb's talent. He was/is outstanding at kick returns, and FYI, he led the Browns in TD receptions last year.

    By losing they "wasted" everyone talents....or lack thereof. Cribbs no more than anyone else.

    And, by the way...I for one don't know that Cribbs "ain't the man" any more. He may very well be the man. I expect him to be the man when it comes to special teams, still.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @the-gipper said:

    How do you figure the organizatin has wasted his talent? It hasn't won but that had nothing to do with Cribb's talent. He was/is outstanding at kick returns, and FYI, he led the Browns in TD receptions last year.

    By losing they "wasted" everyone talents....or lack thereof. Cribbs no more than anyone else.

    And, by the way...I for one don't know that Cribbs "ain't the man" any more. He may very well be the man. I expect him to be the man when it comes to special teams, still.

    i just think that they could/should use him on offense in certain ways that haven't been explored. i know they tried to do a 'wild dawg' thing with him years ago but it all but fizzled out.

    the ineptitude of the coaching staff since '99 with creating some type of imaginative spin on things offensively has fallen short.

    i would have him under center at least a half a dozen times a game. i mean wasn't he a QB in college?

  • @mld-woody said:

    No Robinson?

    This was CBS Sports list. I don't know who Robinson is, but I suspect he is a Michigan player since that question came from you. Which tells me one of two things: either "Robinson" is an underclassman, thus not listed here, or you are way over rating him.

    ....err, or, are you talking about Dennard Robinson? I don't think he will be listed with the WR prospects.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @the-gipper said:

    This was CBS Sports list. I don't know who Robinson is, but I suspect he is a Michigan player since that question came from you. Which tells me one of two things: either "Robinson" is an underclassman, thus not listed here, or you are way over rating him.

    ....err, or, are you talking about Dennard Robinson? I don't think he will be listed with the WR prospects.

    Yes, Denard Robinson. I figured he would be listed with WRs because it's pretty much universally accepted that he'll be a WR/KR/PR/etc. In the NFL. Even if he has an amazing RGIII type season he's still too short to really take as a QB. I mean, it's not impossible, but he'd have to really improve his passing game.

    Anyway Kiper said at one point he could be the top WR on the board. Now I know everyone here hates Kiper, McShay, etc. (totally rationally of course) and he could have just been trying to make an interesting conversation but you would think this mention would at least get him in the list of WRs.

    And no, I would not overrate Michigan players (not that much I hope) and I know their class status, so I know who should be drafted or not.

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #47

    The draft is over and I would have expected most of the Browns fans who were disappointed with the draft to atleast settle down and give this team a chance. We have solidified 2 positions - RT and RB. On paper Weeden is an upgrade over McCoy. We got an OC to make like easier for Shurmur. If all these click then we should be better than last year. Ofcourse we wont know it until the season begins but shouldn't we atleast wait till the season begins before making that analysis?

    We dont have a WR and that is going to be the hole that sinks the ship? Seems like many here bitching cos they want to bitch ... almost like they are sadomasochists.

  • The draft is over and I would have expected most of the Browns fans who were disappointed with the draft to atleast settle down and give this team a chance. We have solidified 2 positions - RT and RB. On paper Weeden is an upgrade over McCoy. We got an OC to make like easier for Shurmur. If all these click then we should be better than last year. Ofcourse we wont know it until the season begins but shouldn't we atleast wait till the season begins before making that analysis?

    We dont have a WR and that is going to be the hole that sinks the ship? Seems like many here bitching cos they want to bitch ... almost like they are sadomasochists.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @brownindian said:

    We dont have a WR and that is going to be the hole that sinks the ship? Seems like many here bitching cos they want to bitch ... almost like they are sadomasochists.

    well when things don't go the way that you think they'll go people tend to get a little scruffy.

  • @the-gipper said:

    How do you figure the organizatin has wasted his talent? It hasn't won but that had nothing to do with Cribb's talent. He was/is outstanding at kick returns, and FYI, he led the Browns in TD receptions last year.

    By losing they "wasted" everyone talents....or lack thereof. Cribbs no more than anyone else.

    And, by the way...I for one don't know that Cribbs "ain't the man" any more. He may very well be the man. I expect him to be the man when it comes to special teams, still.

    i just think that they could/should use him on offense in certain ways that haven't been explored. i know they tried to do a 'wild dawg' thing with him years ago but it all but fizzled out.

    the ineptitude of the coaching staff since '99 with creating some type of imaginative spin on things offensively has fallen short.

    i would have him under center at least a half a dozen times a game. i mean wasn't he a QB in college?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @miktoxic said:

    i just think that they could/should use him on offense in certain ways that haven't been explored. i know they tried to do a 'wild dawg' thing with him years ago but it all but fizzled out.

    the ineptitude of the coaching staff since '99 with creating some type of imaginative spin on things offensively has fallen short.

    i would have him under center at least a half a dozen times a game. i mean wasn't he a QB in college?

    OK, fair points. Like I said, send Holmgren a Howler. (Wouldn't it be nice if we really could?)

  • @the-gipper said:

    This was CBS Sports list. I don't know who Robinson is, but I suspect he is a Michigan player since that question came from you. Which tells me one of two things: either "Robinson" is an underclassman, thus not listed here, or you are way over rating him.

    ....err, or, are you talking about Dennard Robinson? I don't think he will be listed with the WR prospects.

    Yes, Denard Robinson. I figured he would be listed with WRs because it's pretty much universally accepted that he'll be a WR/KR/PR/etc. In the NFL. Even if he has an amazing RGIII type season he's still too short to really take as a QB. I mean, it's not impossible, but he'd have to really improve his passing game.

    Anyway Kiper said at one point he could be the top WR on the board. Now I know everyone here hates Kiper, McShay, etc. (totally rationally of course) and he could have just been trying to make an interesting conversation but you would think this mention would at least get him in the list of WRs.

    And no, I would not overrate Michigan players (not that much I hope) and I know their class status, so I know who should be drafted or not.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @mld-woody said:

    Yes, Denard Robinson. I figured he would be listed with WRs because it's pretty much universally accepted that he'll be a WR/KR/PR/etc. In the NFL. Even if he has an amazing RGIII type season he's still too short to really take as a QB. I mean, it's not impossible, but he'd have to really improve his passing game.

    Anyway Kiper said at one point he could be the top WR on the board. Now I know everyone here hates Kiper, McShay, etc. (totally rationally of course) and he could have just been trying to make an interesting conversation but you would think this mention would at least get him in the list of WRs.

    And no, I would not overrate Michigan players (not that much I hope) and I know their class status, so I know who should be drafted or not.

    Well, maybe he could become Josh Cribbs Part Deux?

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #51

    I wouldn't declare Cribbs "done" just yet. He has been unlucky with injuries the past 2 years, but in 2012 you'll see the return of his 2009 form!

    In 2010 he dislocated four toes early, and later in the year was given a concussion in a helmet-to-helmet from Harrison.

    In 2011 he had a bad groin injury all year.

    If you've never had a groin pull - let alone a severe one - don't make the assumption that he "should" be able to play through it.. that's just not going to happen. I speak from experience.

  • The draft is over and I would have expected most of the Browns fans who were disappointed with the draft to atleast settle down and give this team a chance. We have solidified 2 positions - RT and RB. On paper Weeden is an upgrade over McCoy. We got an OC to make like easier for Shurmur. If all these click then we should be better than last year. Ofcourse we wont know it until the season begins but shouldn't we atleast wait till the season begins before making that analysis?

    We dont have a WR and that is going to be the hole that sinks the ship? Seems like many here bitching cos they want to bitch ... almost like they are sadomasochists.

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @brownindian said:

    The draft is over and I would have expected most of the Browns fans who were disappointed with the draft to atleast settle down and give this team a chance. We have solidified 2 positions - RT and RB. On paper Weeden is an upgrade over McCoy. We got an OC to make like easier for Shurmur. If all these click then we should be better than last year. Ofcourse we wont know it until the season begins but shouldn't we atleast wait till the season begins before making that analysis?

    We dont have a WR and that is going to be the hole that sinks the ship? Seems like many here bitching cos they want to bitch ... almost like they are sadomasochists.

    Im pretty sure we have some wr's. Greg Little was a 2nd round pick that could have been a 1st if UNC didnt suspend 16 players for the whole season. The hole that sinks the ship is going to be your attitude and the attidues of all the negative people on here. We all hate to lose you know, give this team a chance, they just might surprise you!

  • @mld-woody said:

    Yes, Denard Robinson. I figured he would be listed with WRs because it's pretty much universally accepted that he'll be a WR/KR/PR/etc. In the NFL. Even if he has an amazing RGIII type season he's still too short to really take as a QB. I mean, it's not impossible, but he'd have to really improve his passing game.

    Anyway Kiper said at one point he could be the top WR on the board. Now I know everyone here hates Kiper, McShay, etc. (totally rationally of course) and he could have just been trying to make an interesting conversation but you would think this mention would at least get him in the list of WRs.

    And no, I would not overrate Michigan players (not that much I hope) and I know their class status, so I know who should be drafted or not.

    Well, maybe he could become Josh Cribbs Part Deux?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, maybe he could become Josh Cribbs Part Deux?

    That's what I've been hoping for. They were the same number and everything.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Kiper's latest list has Denard as the #5 Sr WR, so you throw in Jrs and he's like #9. 9 this year was Reuben Randle

  • @brownindian said:

    We dont have a WR and that is going to be the hole that sinks the ship? Seems like many here bitching cos they want to bitch ... almost like they are sadomasochists.

    well when things don't go the way that you think they'll go people tend to get a little scruffy.

    BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @miktoxic said:

    well when things don't go the way that you think they'll go people tend to get a little scruffy.

    Fair point dude .... we still have till the first loss before we pick up our weapons. For now, lets work on our biceps.