As Usual, No Respect
-
Browns defensive starters and ages:
DE Juqua Parker 33/Frostee Rucker 28 (not sure who is supposed to start)
DE Jabaal Sheard 22
DT Ahtyba Rubin 25
DT Phil Taylor 24
OLB Chris Gocong 28
MLB D'Qwell Jackson 28
OLB Scott Fujita 33 (many do not expect him to be the starter)
FS Usama Young 27
SS TJ Ward 25
CB Joe Haden 23
CB Sheldon Brown 33
If Rucker starts, as expected, and Fujita is replaced, as expected...and required for at least the first 3 games, then only Sheldon Brown..who might actually end up being the nickel back...or move to FS would be the only starter on the Browns defense over 30. (and even he could end up being replaced by Buster Skrine or Dmitri Patterson...both much younger)
Just for the sake of argument how many of those players would start for the Steelers right now? Joe Haden and with Hampton coming off an injury possibly Phil Taylor who was drafted in the first round. I liked Taylor for us in the first round but he obviously didn't fall that far. Beyond those two not one other player would crack our starting line up unless our starter is injured.
Homotron said:
Just for the sake of argument how many of those players would start for the Steelers right now? Joe Haden and with Hampton coming off an injury possibly Phil Taylor who was drafted in the first round. I liked Taylor for us in the first round but he obviously didn't fall that far. Beyond those two not one other player would crack our starting line up unless our starter is injured.
Sheard, Rubin and Taylor are I believe as good as the players you have. At least, I like their future better.
None of our LBs would. (that is an obvious weak spot on the Browns D, and a strength for the Steelers)
Haden and TJ Ward would...if Ward were slotted at FS, not SS. (but he is a SS)
I perceive Ike Taylor and Sheldon Brown to be a wash. Both are fairly old and warn.
-
Here are the starting defensive lineups and ages for both the Ravens and Bengals:
RAVENS:
LDE Pernell McPhee 23
NT Terrence Cody 23
RDT Haloti Ngata 28
LOLB Paul Kruger 26
LILB Ray Lewis 37
RILB Jameel McClain 26
ROLB Courtney Upshaw 21 replacing Suggs
LCB Lardarius Webb 26
SS Bernard Pollard 27
FS Ed Reed 33
RCB Jimmy Smith 23
BENGALS:
LDE Robert Geathers 28
NT Domata Peko 27
RDT Geno Atkins 24
RDE Michael Johnson 25
SLB Manny Lawson 27
MLB Rey Maualuga 25
WLB Thomas Howard 28
LCB Nate Clements 32
SS Taylor Mays 24
FS Reggie Nelson 28
RCB Leon Hall 27
Only Lewis and Reed are over 30 on the Ravens D. Of course, those two are potential Hall of Famers and are still seen as the heart and soul of the Ravens defense...expecially with Suggs gone.
Only Clements is over 30 on the Bengals.
So, if age is a factor, then I think Endymion is right to be concerned about where in the pecking order of AFCN defenses the Steelers may stand.
Here are the starting defensive lineups and ages for both the Ravens and Bengals:
RAVENS:
LDE Pernell McPhee 23
NT Terrence Cody 23
RDT Haloti Ngata 28
LOLB Paul Kruger 26
LILB Ray Lewis 37
RILB Jameel McClain 26
ROLB Courtney Upshaw 21 replacing Suggs
LCB Lardarius Webb 26
SS Bernard Pollard 27
FS Ed Reed 33
RCB Jimmy Smith 23
BENGALS:
LDE Robert Geathers 28
NT Domata Peko 27
RDT Geno Atkins 24
RDE Michael Johnson 25
SLB Manny Lawson 27
MLB Rey Maualuga 25
WLB Thomas Howard 28
LCB Nate Clements 32
SS Taylor Mays 24
FS Reggie Nelson 28
RCB Leon Hall 27.
Only Lewis and Reed are over 30 on the Ravens D. Of course, those two are potential Hall of Famers and are still seen as the heart and soul of the Ravens defense...expecially with Suggs gone.
Only Clements is over 30 on the Bengals.
So, if age is a factor, then I think Endymion is right to be concerned about where in the pecking order of AFCN defenses the Steelers may stand.
So you didn't read anything that I said? I guess Harrison is a bum and the same goes for Polamalu. You mention Reed and Lewis but ignore Harrison and Polamalu AND you completely ignored what I said above. No point in continuing this discussion if that is going to be the case.
-
Homotron said:
Just for the sake of argument how many of those players would start for the Steelers right now? Joe Haden and with Hampton coming off an injury possibly Phil Taylor who was drafted in the first round. I liked Taylor for us in the first round but he obviously didn't fall that far. Beyond those two not one other player would crack our starting line up unless our starter is injured.
Sheard, Rubin and Taylor are I believe as good as the players you have. At least, I like their future better.
None of our LBs would. (that is an obvious weak spot on the Browns D, and a strength for the Steelers)
Haden and TJ Ward would...if Ward were slotted at FS, not SS. (but he is a SS)
I perceive Ike Taylor and Sheldon Brown to be a wash. Both are fairly old and warn.
Sheard, Rubin and Taylor are I believe as good as the players you have. At least, I like their future better.
None of our LBs would. (that is an obvious weak spot on the Browns D, and a strength for the Steelers)
Haden and TJ Ward would...if Ward were slotted at FS, not SS. (but he is a SS)
I perceive Ike Taylor and Sheldon Brown to be a wash. Both are fairly old and warn.
Ike Taylor is MUCH better than xxxxing Sheldon Brown. I also don't like Sheard or Rubin anymore than anything on our roster currently. Taylor is the exception and i mentioned him above. I also wouldn't start Ward over Ryan Clark especially considering his on field relationship and understanding with Troy.
-
EDIT: And Dick Lebeau is the man BUT he's not the reason these players are good, they'd be good on other teams. I'd also love a explanation for the "wrought iron term". Frankly Gipper you don't know enough about the roster to even make this comment. The players that are now gone have been replaced with talent just as good at this stage or better. Aaron Smith is gone because he had lost it, Farrior the same. It's what the Steelers do, make the tough decisions and continue to improve. I'll be shocked if the defense isn't inside the top 10 this coming season, absolutely shocked.
I don't know....or care about your roster. I do know that it was stated all over ESPN that Pittsburgh had the highest average age in the league when it came to defensive starters. That 7 of them were over 30. (maybe these included Smith and Farrior, I don't know).
I am only going by what I heard.
You are free to list the Steelers defensive depth chart, giving ages of the starters if you want to clear up this "misunderstanding". It is not one of my creation.
I seriously don't see what difference it makes from a age stand point if they're still producing on the field. The only positions on our team where there isn't a clear cut heir apparent for each position is at FS/SS. The other positions have been back loaded with youth through the draft.
Harrison, Taylor, Clark, Polamalu, Keisel and Hampton are all over 30.
Harrison - Worilds was drafted to play behind him and or Woodley in case of injury. Timmons can also be bumped outside also.
Taylor - Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen broke the typical Steeler standard by contributing as rookies in our difficult secondary scheme/playbook. Keenan Lewis also stepped up. I expect Brown to start opposite Taylor this season or at the very least back up Keenan Lewis.
Clark - back up problem
Polamalu - back up problem
Keisel - Ziggy Hood and Cam Heyward
Hampton - Alameda Ta'amu (draft day steal, he looks ready to go right now)
It's not like these starters don't have players waiting in the wings. It's what the Steelers do and they do it well, that aging defense still finished well inside the top 10 last season and I'd consider last season a down year.
Homotron said:
I seriously don't see what difference it makes from a age stand point if they're still producing on the field. The only positions on our team where there isn't a clear cut heir apparent for each position is at FS/SS. The other positions have been back loaded with youth through the draft.
Harrison, Taylor, Clark, Polamalu, Keisel and Hampton are all over 30.
Harrison - Worilds was drafted to play behind him and or Woodley in case of injury. Timmons can also be bumped outside also.
Taylor - Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen broke the typical Steeler standard by contributing as rookies in our difficult secondary scheme/playbook. Keenan Lewis also stepped up. I expect Brown to start opposite Taylor this season or at the very least back up Keenan Lewis.
Clark - back up problem
Polamalu - back up problem
Keisel - Ziggy Hood and Cam Heyward
Hampton - Alameda Ta'amu (draft day steal, he looks ready to go right now)
It's not like these starters don't have players waiting in the wings. It's what the Steelers do and they do it well, that aging defense still finished well inside the top 10 last season and I'd consider last season a down year.
I haven't even ventured into the question of backups. God knows how good they would be if forced into the starting lineup....and I am talking about Browns/Steelers/Ravens/Bengals.
-
Here are the starting defensive lineups and ages for both the Ravens and Bengals:
RAVENS:
LDE Pernell McPhee 23
NT Terrence Cody 23
RDT Haloti Ngata 28
LOLB Paul Kruger 26
LILB Ray Lewis 37
RILB Jameel McClain 26
ROLB Courtney Upshaw 21 replacing Suggs
LCB Lardarius Webb 26
SS Bernard Pollard 27
FS Ed Reed 33
RCB Jimmy Smith 23
BENGALS:
LDE Robert Geathers 28
NT Domata Peko 27
RDT Geno Atkins 24
RDE Michael Johnson 25
SLB Manny Lawson 27
MLB Rey Maualuga 25
WLB Thomas Howard 28
LCB Nate Clements 32
SS Taylor Mays 24
FS Reggie Nelson 28
RCB Leon Hall 27.
Only Lewis and Reed are over 30 on the Ravens D. Of course, those two are potential Hall of Famers and are still seen as the heart and soul of the Ravens defense...expecially with Suggs gone.
Only Clements is over 30 on the Bengals.
So, if age is a factor, then I think Endymion is right to be concerned about where in the pecking order of AFCN defenses the Steelers may stand.
So you didn't read anything that I said? I guess Harrison is a bum and the same goes for Polamalu. You mention Reed and Lewis but ignore Harrison and Polamalu AND you completely ignored what I said above. No point in continuing this discussion if that is going to be the case.
Homotron said:
So you didn't read anything that I said? I guess Harrison is a bum and the same goes for Polamalu. You mention Reed and Lewis but ignore Harrison and Polamalu AND you completely ignored what I said above. No point in continuing this discussion if that is going to be the case.
You CLEARLY didn't read what I said.....let me quote myself:
"Obviously many players can certainly play well well into their 30s, and certainly several of these may".
Do you bother to even read my posts before you rip them? This was in the post when I listed their ages Open you eyes.
-
Sheard, Rubin and Taylor are I believe as good as the players you have. At least, I like their future better.
None of our LBs would. (that is an obvious weak spot on the Browns D, and a strength for the Steelers)
Haden and TJ Ward would...if Ward were slotted at FS, not SS. (but he is a SS)
I perceive Ike Taylor and Sheldon Brown to be a wash. Both are fairly old and warn.
Ike Taylor is MUCH better than xxxxing Sheldon Brown. I also don't like Sheard or Rubin anymore than anything on our roster currently. Taylor is the exception and i mentioned him above. I also wouldn't start Ward over Ryan Clark especially considering his on field relationship and understanding with Troy.
Homotron said:
Ike Taylor is MUCH better than xxxxing Sheldon Brown. I also don't like Sheard or Rubin anymore than anything on our roster currently. Taylor is the exception and i mentioned him above. I also wouldn't start Ward over Ryan Clark especially considering his on field relationship and understanding with Troy.
Is Taylor much better? I don't know. I know that we Browns fans are anxious to replace Brown...but, that said, I have heard nothing but complaints about how Taylor is contantly turned into burnt toast.
Sheard and Rubin have far more future upside than what you have on your roster currently.
And though there may be something to be said about "chemistry" TJ Ward at this point is again, the player with the far better upside than Clark.
-
Homotron said:
I seriously don't see what difference it makes from a age stand point if they're still producing on the field. The only positions on our team where there isn't a clear cut heir apparent for each position is at FS/SS. The other positions have been back loaded with youth through the draft.
Harrison, Taylor, Clark, Polamalu, Keisel and Hampton are all over 30.
Harrison - Worilds was drafted to play behind him and or Woodley in case of injury. Timmons can also be bumped outside also.
Taylor - Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen broke the typical Steeler standard by contributing as rookies in our difficult secondary scheme/playbook. Keenan Lewis also stepped up. I expect Brown to start opposite Taylor this season or at the very least back up Keenan Lewis.
Clark - back up problem
Polamalu - back up problem
Keisel - Ziggy Hood and Cam Heyward
Hampton - Alameda Ta'amu (draft day steal, he looks ready to go right now)
It's not like these starters don't have players waiting in the wings. It's what the Steelers do and they do it well, that aging defense still finished well inside the top 10 last season and I'd consider last season a down year.
I haven't even ventured into the question of backups. God knows how good they would be if forced into the starting lineup....and I am talking about Browns/Steelers/Ravens/Bengals.
I haven't even ventured into the question of backups. God knows how good they would be if forced into the starting lineup....and I am talking about Browns/Steelers/Ravens/Bengals.
You really don't follow your division. Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown have already performed and at a high enough level to enter the line up as rookies. A feat unheard of in our defense. Ziggy Hood has already started and Cam Heyward played in spot starts, both in case you've forgotten are first round picks waiting for their opportunity. Worilds has also already started in the event of an injury to Harrison and Woodely. It's not like these guys are bums that were thrown on the roster to hold a spot for an eventual replacement. They were drafted to start, not to experiment.
-
Homotron said:
So you didn't read anything that I said? I guess Harrison is a bum and the same goes for Polamalu. You mention Reed and Lewis but ignore Harrison and Polamalu AND you completely ignored what I said above. No point in continuing this discussion if that is going to be the case.
You CLEARLY didn't read what I said.....let me quote myself:
"Obviously many players can certainly play well well into their 30s, and certainly several of these may".
Do you bother to even read my posts before you rip them? This was in the post when I listed their ages Open you eyes.
You CLEARLY didn't read what I said.....let me quote myself:
"Obviously many players can certainly play well well into their 30s, and certainly several of these may".
Do you bother to even read my posts before you rip them? This was in the post when I listed their ages Open you eyes.
I missed your experience break down post as you tend to throw a bunch of posts out rather than simply replying to one already posted. Lost in translation. Keisel will be a starter and is wildly underrated. Heyward will be competing with Hood unless they move Hood in to the nose if Casey isn't ready and Alameda doesn't pick things up in a hurry. No the age of the defense is not a worry because there were players drafted in the top of each draft to replace those players. If I'm worried about anything it's our safeties because if either gets injure I'm not confident in the back ups.
-
Homotron said:
Ike Taylor is MUCH better than xxxxing Sheldon Brown. I also don't like Sheard or Rubin anymore than anything on our roster currently. Taylor is the exception and i mentioned him above. I also wouldn't start Ward over Ryan Clark especially considering his on field relationship and understanding with Troy.
Is Taylor much better? I don't know. I know that we Browns fans are anxious to replace Brown...but, that said, I have heard nothing but complaints about how Taylor is contantly turned into burnt toast.
Sheard and Rubin have far more future upside than what you have on your roster currently.
And though there may be something to be said about "chemistry" TJ Ward at this point is again, the player with the far better upside than Clark.
Is Taylor much better? I don't know. I know that we Browns fans are anxious to replace Brown...but, that said, I have heard nothing but complaints about how Taylor is contantly turned into burnt toast.
Sheard and Rubin have far more future upside than what you have on your roster currently.
And though there may be something to be said about "chemistry" TJ Ward at this point is again, the player with the far better upside than Clark.
Ike Taylor was a pro-bowl snuff this past season. He's not "constantly turned in to burnt toast" Where the hell are you reading this sh.it?
-
I haven't even ventured into the question of backups. God knows how good they would be if forced into the starting lineup....and I am talking about Browns/Steelers/Ravens/Bengals.
You really don't follow your division. Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown have already performed and at a high enough level to enter the line up as rookies. A feat unheard of in our defense. Ziggy Hood has already started and Cam Heyward played in spot starts, both in case you've forgotten are first round picks waiting for their opportunity. Worilds has also already started in the event of an injury to Harrison and Woodely. It's not like these guys are bums that were thrown on the roster to hold a spot for an eventual replacement. They were drafted to start, not to experiment.
Homotron said:
You really don't follow your division. Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown have already performed and at a high enough level to enter the line up as rookies. A feat unheard of in our defense. Ziggy Hood has already started and Cam Heyward played in spot starts, both in case you've forgotten are first round picks waiting for their opportunity. Worilds has also already started in the event of an injury to Harrison and Woodely. It's not like these guys are bums that were thrown on the roster to hold a spot for an eventual replacement. They were drafted to start, not to experiment.
Everybody's backups play some. Everybody was drafted to start. If they are all so great, then they would be displacing all those old guys right now.
Don't ballyhoo unproven products to me.
It is a foolish as me saying that The Sausage King and Bill Winn and our other rookie defensive players are all that and a bag of chips. Or that Buster Skine and Eric Hagg are the Cat's Meow.
All of that may be true by the way.
-
You CLEARLY didn't read what I said.....let me quote myself:
"Obviously many players can certainly play well well into their 30s, and certainly several of these may".
Do you bother to even read my posts before you rip them? This was in the post when I listed their ages Open you eyes.
I missed your experience break down post as you tend to throw a bunch of posts out rather than simply replying to one already posted. Lost in translation. Keisel will be a starter and is wildly underrated. Heyward will be competing with Hood unless they move Hood in to the nose if Casey isn't ready and Alameda doesn't pick things up in a hurry. No the age of the defense is not a worry because there were players drafted in the top of each draft to replace those players. If I'm worried about anything it's our safeties because if either gets injure I'm not confident in the back ups.
Homotron said:
I missed your experience break down post as you tend to throw a bunch of posts out rather than simply replying to one already posted. Lost in translation. Keisel will be a starter and is wildly underrated. Heyward will be competing with Hood unless they move Hood in to the nose if Casey isn't ready and Alameda doesn't pick things up in a hurry. No the age of the defense is not a worry because there were players drafted in the top of each draft to replace those players. If I'm worried about anything it's our safeties because if either gets injure I'm not confident in the back ups.
OK, don't worry. Others are apparently doing it for you...including Endymion and any number of other commentators I have heard. And if, as Endymion says, the Steelers defense ends up being the worst in the division, don't worry then. Just lose.
-
Is Taylor much better? I don't know. I know that we Browns fans are anxious to replace Brown...but, that said, I have heard nothing but complaints about how Taylor is contantly turned into burnt toast.
Sheard and Rubin have far more future upside than what you have on your roster currently.
And though there may be something to be said about "chemistry" TJ Ward at this point is again, the player with the far better upside than Clark.
Ike Taylor was a pro-bowl snuff this past season. He's not "constantly turned in to burnt toast" Where the hell are you reading this sh.it?
Homotron said:
Ike Taylor was a pro-bowl snuff this past season. He's not "constantly turned in to burnt toast" Where the hell are you reading this sh.it?
TV, radio, on here, in the ether.. Rest assured, Joe Haden would have made the Pro Bowl at CB last year before Ike Taylor did.
-
Homotron said:
You really don't follow your division. Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown have already performed and at a high enough level to enter the line up as rookies. A feat unheard of in our defense. Ziggy Hood has already started and Cam Heyward played in spot starts, both in case you've forgotten are first round picks waiting for their opportunity. Worilds has also already started in the event of an injury to Harrison and Woodely. It's not like these guys are bums that were thrown on the roster to hold a spot for an eventual replacement. They were drafted to start, not to experiment.
Everybody's backups play some. Everybody was drafted to start. If they are all so great, then they would be displacing all those old guys right now.
Don't ballyhoo unproven products to me.
It is a foolish as me saying that The Sausage King and Bill Winn and our other rookie defensive players are all that and a bag of chips. Or that Buster Skine and Eric Hagg are the Cat's Meow.
All of that may be true by the way.
Everybody's backups play some. Everybody was drafted to start. If they are all so great, then they would be displacing all those old guys right now.
Don't ballyhoo unproven products to me.
It is a foolish as me saying that The Sausage King and Bill Winn and our other rookie defensive players are all that and a bag of chips. Or that Buster Skine and Eric Hagg are the Cat's Meow.
All of that may be true by the way.
Come on now gipper. It's because the veteran players in place are still playing at the top of of their game and in some instances top 5 for their respective positions. (Harrison/Woodley) It's not rocket science. You should just try admitting that the Steelers are a very good team that continually drafts well. Their ability to hit in the draft has allowed them to stock up at key positions. You'll see a lot of those guys step in when they veterans are either ready to move on or at a point where they have to move on. (See Aaron Smith and Farrior)
-
Homotron said:
I missed your experience break down post as you tend to throw a bunch of posts out rather than simply replying to one already posted. Lost in translation. Keisel will be a starter and is wildly underrated. Heyward will be competing with Hood unless they move Hood in to the nose if Casey isn't ready and Alameda doesn't pick things up in a hurry. No the age of the defense is not a worry because there were players drafted in the top of each draft to replace those players. If I'm worried about anything it's our safeties because if either gets injure I'm not confident in the back ups.
OK, don't worry. Others are apparently doing it for you...including Endymion and any number of other commentators I have heard. And if, as Endymion says, the Steelers defense ends up being the worst in the division, don't worry then. Just lose.
OK, don't worry. Others are apparently doing it for you...including Endymion and any number of other commentators I have heard. And if, as Endymion says, the Steelers defense ends up being the worst in the division, don't worry then. Just lose.
Unfortunately for you if this is the case our offense is also shaping up to be damn good so it won't even matter. As I said above I'll be shocked if the defense isn't in the top 10. However it's possible the entire AFC North will be in the top 10 defensively.
-
Everybody's backups play some. Everybody was drafted to start. If they are all so great, then they would be displacing all those old guys right now.
Don't ballyhoo unproven products to me.
It is a foolish as me saying that The Sausage King and Bill Winn and our other rookie defensive players are all that and a bag of chips. Or that Buster Skine and Eric Hagg are the Cat's Meow.
All of that may be true by the way.
Come on now gipper. It's because the veteran players in place are still playing at the top of of their game and in some instances top 5 for their respective positions. (Harrison/Woodley) It's not rocket science. You should just try admitting that the Steelers are a very good team that continually drafts well. Their ability to hit in the draft has allowed them to stock up at key positions. You'll see a lot of those guys step in when they veterans are either ready to move on or at a point where they have to move on. (See Aaron Smith and Farrior)
Homotron said:
Come on now gipper. It's because the veteran players in place are still playing at the top of of their game and in some instances top 5 for their respective positions. (Harrison/Woodley) It's not rocket science. You should just try admitting that the Steelers are a very good team that continually drafts well.
Their ability to hit in the draft has allowed them to stock up at key positions. You'll see a lot of those guys step in when they veterans are either ready to move on or at a point where they have to move on. (See Aaron Smith and Farrior)
I have said all that: in the past the Steelers have drafted well to allow them to replenish players that fit well in Dick LeBeau's system.
But, unlike you, I believe the jury is still out on recent aquisitions. It is no guarantee that those who have been drafted to replace the likes of Smith and Farrior will be adequate...or that they will fit into whatever system they are asked to play.
You take it for granted that they will, just because it has happened in the past.
What if they don't? Its not like everyone the Steelers have drafted at all times has panned out.
-
OK, don't worry. Others are apparently doing it for you...including Endymion and any number of other commentators I have heard. And if, as Endymion says, the Steelers defense ends up being the worst in the division, don't worry then. Just lose.
Unfortunately for you if this is the case our offense is also shaping up to be damn good so it won't even matter. As I said above I'll be shocked if the defense isn't in the top 10. However it's possible the entire AFC North will be in the top 10 defensively.
Homotron said:
Unfortunately for you if this is the case our offense is also shaping up to be damn good so it won't even matter. As I said above I'll be shocked if the defense isn't in the top 10. However it's possible the entire AFC North will be in the top 10 defensively.
They were last year.
And since you are being so smug, tell us this: which AFCN defense will have the biggest dropoff from last year.
And how do you figure your offense is shaping up to be so much better than last year? A couple of offensive line choices?
-
Homotron said:
Unfortunately for you if this is the case our offense is also shaping up to be damn good so it won't even matter. As I said above I'll be shocked if the defense isn't in the top 10. However it's possible the entire AFC North will be in the top 10 defensively.
They were last year.
And since you are being so smug, tell us this: which AFCN defense will have the biggest dropoff from last year.
And how do you figure your offense is shaping up to be so much better than last year? A couple of offensive line choices?
They were last year.
And since you are being so smug, tell us this: which AFCN defense will have the biggest dropoff from last year.
And how do you figure your offense is shaping up to be so much better than last year? A couple of offensive line choices?
I don't think you're going to see a defensive drop off from any of the teams in the North. As far as the offense is concerned the team is healthy which is the biggest thing, outside of Mendenhall and then the draft. DeCastro starts immediately and I'd wager that Adams will play right tackle or left tackle, plus the addition of Todd Haley. Bruce Arians held back our offense no matter what Ben has to say on the matter and it's precisely the reason he's gone. We had 2 1000 yard receivers last season and a patch work offensive line because of injuries. Our offensive line is going to be vastly improved and Todd Haley should make a enormous difference.
Chris Rainey is also going to surprise.
-
Right, there is nothing wrong with the City of Pittsburgh.
But, a lot of Steeler fans are myopic.
They have no clue how lucky they are.
The City of Pittsburgh is no different than any of the other Great Lakes area cities: Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee (exclude Chicago because of its size).
The only difference is that they have had a fairly successful football team (and hockey) where the others have not.
But most of them don't understand that. They ignore the fact that the Steelers could just as easily have had the same fate as the Pirates (save the fact that the Steelers have been well owned and managed...that is the only difference...and revenue sharing and a salary cap helps).
Few of them acknowledge that by saying "we simply have a better front office and coaching". No, most say "we are better". No, you are not. You just had more luck.
(I am not directing this specifically to you Homotron...I am talking about the more generic Steeler fans)
And they're not on the lake...
And they're not on the lake...
And we can buy a 6-pack of bud at a gas station.
-
And they're not on the lake...
And we can buy a 6-pack of bud at a gas station.
-
Also this. I've never understood Pennsylvania's liquor laws.
Yea it's a strange law but there are a bunch of loop holes. Giant Eagle out this way has beer but that's the extent of it and they have it because they set up little cafes in their stores. You essentially have to sell food to be able to sell beer. We have a lot of great little six pack shops that have sprung up and a few in particular that carry a ton of stuff but in each instance they have a restaurant attached to permit it. We have the State stores and honestly I'm used to it. I spent a lot of time in Ohio for college and then living outside Columbus two years and very rarely went to the gas station to pick up beer. However I'm also a bit of a beer snob and most gas stations don't carry the better micro brews.
As far as ESPN is concerned it's been a joke for a while. I read it for the blatant news but very rarely give a sh.it on what they have to say about anything, at least with Football. They've simply been engrained on society.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login