Skip to content

Mccoy Vs. Weeden

The Browns Board
49 25 3.1k
  • Starting to really like weedy and the regimes decision to go get him, he seems to possess real true on field leadership skills and has a wicked arm and fast release, these things you are born with or you are not...

  • McCoy is a little boy next to Weeden. Let's all get behind the gun and hope McCoy settles into a nice, prosperous career as a backup, because he is a nice guy.

    Weeden will sew up the QB position by preseason game 2 and we can all move on without any gay qb controversies where we have to move the people holding on to McCoy to a new site because they are holding on too tight.

    It's Weeden's team and T-Rich is going to be a stud.

    These are the new Browns. We're going to try "talent" instead of "moxie" and "hope" for a change...

    Z

  • Growing up colt?

  • These are the new Browns. We're going to try "talent" instead of "moxie" and "hope" for a change... Zombo

    ***********************************

    So... you want the Browns to SUCK?

    Try again.😠

  • @hoorta said:

    I wasn't saying probability- I was saying possibility. Like about the odds of the Klingons attacking Earth in the near future.

    🙂 🙂 Well, if you meant the original Star Trek Episode "Devil in the Dark" it is one of my faves, and I'm sort of like the Horta- way back in the day when it comes to trolls.

    Original Series Faves besides- "Corbomite Maneuver", "Balance of Terror", "Arena", "Return of the Archons". Plenty of ST-TNG that's worth watching, especially "Best of Both Worlds I & II" and the movie "First Contact". 🙂

    What were the episodes called where Kirk went over to the parallel universe and Spock had the goatee?

    And correct me if I am wrong but didn't "The Enterprise", the prequel series with Scott Bakula as Captain also make a visit to that same parallel universe in which the Federation was more of a dictatorial, warlike entity?

    (Don't give us any nerd alerts. By being on the board one is automatically a nerd)

    @the-gipper said:

    What were the episodes called where Kirk went over to the parallel universe and Spock had the goatee?

    And correct me if I am wrong but didn't "The Enterprise", the prequel series with Scott Bakula as Captain also make a visit to that same parallel universe in which the Federation was more of a dictatorial, warlike entity?

    (Don't give us any nerd alerts. By being on the board one is automatically a nerd)

    I believe the episode you're referring to is "Mirror, Mirror".

    The only issue I have with "Enterprise" Scott Bakula, though enjoyable has far too much time travel stuff, and I can't claim to have seen every episode of that series. Wasn't a huge fan of DSN either.

  • >>If you think about it, McCoy has no rope whatsoever. You don't try and trade up for RGIII, or draft another qb in the first round if H&H had any hope McCoy was the answer @ qb.

    Is it possible that McCoy might start a few games, should Shurmur decide Weeden isn't ready? Certainly- but not likely. A loss or two sends Colt straight out to pasture in that case.

    And you don't cut him- he's and adequate backup, and cheaper than Seneca Wallace who should get cut in that situation.>>

    I won't speak out of school but I had a conversation with somebody I'll refer to as Peter K and I was extremely surprised about his comments RE: Colt McCoy.

    Apparently there are teams in the league who believe he can become a top-tier NFL QB.

    Although the Browns believe Weeken is their QB for the next 6 years, they couldn't move McCoy because - truth be told - Weeden is an unknown NFL quantity.

    Personally, I'd like to see Weeden start the season and play the entire season.

    PS I cringe at the thought of McCoy going to the playoffs and possibly winning the SB with another team.

  • >>If you think about it, McCoy has no rope whatsoever. You don't try and trade up for RGIII, or draft another qb in the first round if H&H had any hope McCoy was the answer @ qb.

    Is it possible that McCoy might start a few games, should Shurmur decide Weeden isn't ready? Certainly- but not likely. A loss or two sends Colt straight out to pasture in that case.

    And you don't cut him- he's and adequate backup, and cheaper than Seneca Wallace who should get cut in that situation.>>

    I won't speak out of school but I had a conversation with somebody I'll refer to as Peter K and I was extremely surprised about his comments RE: Colt McCoy.

    Apparently there are teams in the league who believe he can become a top-tier NFL QB.

    Although the Browns believe Weeken is their QB for the next 6 years, they couldn't move McCoy because - truth be told - Weeden is an unknown NFL quantity.

    Personally, I'd like to see Weeden start the season and play the entire season.

    PS I cringe at the thought of McCoy going to the playoffs and possibly winning the SB with another team.

    @chicopee-john said:

    PS I cringe at the thought of McCoy going to the playoffs and possibly winning the SB with another team.

    I cringe at the thought of him under center on Opening Day.

    McCoy is backup material, Weeden has real NFL, AFC North, Skills.

    Like comparing a boy to a man ... let's just get on with it, the Browns need to go all in on Weeden and not look back.

    Zombo

  • >> ... let's just get on with it, the Browns need to go all in on Weeden and not look back.>>

    I agree with you, Zombo.

    I was taken back about the comments about McCoy. Not what I was expecting.

  • McCoy is a little boy next to Weeden. Let's all get behind the gun and hope McCoy settles into a nice, prosperous career as a backup, because he is a nice guy.

    Weeden will sew up the QB position by preseason game 2 and we can all move on without any gay qb controversies where we have to move the people holding on to McCoy to a new site because they are holding on too tight.

    It's Weeden's team and T-Rich is going to be a stud.

    These are the new Browns. We're going to try "talent" instead of "moxie" and "hope" for a change...

    Z

    Zombo said:

    McCoy is a little boy next to Weeden. Let's all get behind the gun and hope McCoy settles into a nice, prosperous career as a backup, because he is a nice guy.

    Weeden will sew up the QB position by preseason game 2 and we can all move on without any gay qb controversies where we have to move the people holding on to McCoy to a new site because they are holding on too tight.

    It's Weeden's team and T-Rich is going to be a stud.

    These are the new Browns. We're going to try "talent" instead of "moxie" and "hope" for a change...

    Z

    Could there possibly be a Texas Lumbergh?

  • These are the new Browns. We're going to try "talent" instead of "moxie" and "hope" for a change... Zombo

    ***********************************

    So... you want the Browns to SUCK?

    Try again.😠

    @calfoxwc said:

    These are the new Browns. We're going to try "talent" instead of "moxie" and "hope" for a change... Zombo

    ***********************************

    So... you want the Browns to SUCK?

    Try again.😠

    Huh?

    Cal, I remember you held on to Charlie Frye too long, don't do the same with Colt. We all like him, it's just that Weeden is going to be a better pro.

    There isn't going to be any more sucking. We are getting better all over the field.

    Zombo

  • We are had a D made up of moxie, heart, spunk and intangibles a few years ago and did ok

  • We are had a D made up of moxie, heart, spunk and intangibles a few years ago and did ok

    @mld-woody said:

    We are had a D made up of moxie, heart, spunk and intangibles a few years ago and did ok

    I don't remember this Moxie Defense.

    In fact, I don't remember an "OK" defense since we came back into the NFL.

    Z

  • agree with Z.....

    colts a good kid, but he needs to be a good QB. just isn't so, thus move on.

  • So I, like everyone else probably, have been reading everything I can get my hands on about the mini camps and all our rookies and I have to say, I really am coming around to Brandon Weeden. I am usually pretty level headed about my optimism and think I have a decent big picture view, but I am getting excited about a QB with a great arm. Obviously he has had only one mini camp with just rookies and no pads, but everything I hear coming out of that are just raves abotu Weedens arm strength, accuracy, anticipation, mechanics etc.. These are things that never were said about Colt (only that he was accurate in college, ie high completion percentage). Derek Anderson had a great arm, but wasnt accurate. Brady Quinn was just mediocre at just about everything. I wish we could have taken Weeden in the 2nd round, but if he ends up being a good starting QB for 5 years, I'll be thrilled and no one will care that he was taken in the 1st. I know Im rambling, but I am just happy to finally have a QB with a great arm, both strength and accuracy. Obviously there is more to being a QB than that, but it is a great start.

  • Oh, please.

    Colt is fine as a qb - no qb could be successful. Not one currently in the NFL, could have

    been successful with no open wrs most of the time, (except for Little), and no protection much at all

    at RT.

    I think Colt will show what he can do in preseason with a complete cast.

    But Weeden IS an elite guy - it won't be long til Weeden takes the reins, which could be

    before the beginning of the season.

  • Oh, please.

    Colt is fine as a qb - no qb could be successful. Not one currently in the NFL, could have

    been successful with no open wrs most of the time, (except for Little), and no protection much at all

    at RT.

    I think Colt will show what he can do in preseason with a complete cast.

    But Weeden IS an elite guy - it won't be long til Weeden takes the reins, which could be

    before the beginning of the season.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Colt is fine as a qb

    That's exactly what the Browns thought.

    In fact that's what Heckert was quoted in the off-season: "He's fine".

    That's when I knew they were going to do all they could to replace him.

    Nobody wants "fine" at quarterback.

    Zombo

  • everybody has already cast colt mccoy as a bum an weeden as an ELITE QB.

    really??

    remember this numbskulls when week 10 comes around and we are 1 and eight.

    i'm watching and compiling stats and posts of all you goodship lollipop MFers.

    join me in the tavern in late december so we can all discuss your hatred to H&H and they've got to be run out of town lines.

    la la la la la.

  • everybody has already cast colt mccoy as a bum an weeden as an ELITE QB.

    really??

    remember this numbskulls when week 10 comes around and we are 1 and eight.

    i'm watching and compiling stats and posts of all you goodship lollipop MFers.

    join me in the tavern in late december so we can all discuss your hatred to H&H and they've got to be run out of town lines.

    la la la la la.

    @miktoxic said:

    everybody has already cast colt mccoy as a bum an weeden as an ELITE QB.

    really??

    remember this numbskulls when week 10 comes around and we are 1 and eight.

    i'm watching and compiling stats and posts of all you goodship lollipop MFers.

    join me in the tavern in late december so we can all discuss your hatred to H&H and they've got to be run out of town lines.

    la la la la la.

    McCoy's not a bum. Weeden has better NFL skills.

    He'll win the job and be better at the job than Colt.

    It would be nice if Colt settled in as the backup, if that's possible.

    He's not a bad QB, but with his limited arm he needs to be as accurate as hell and smart as hell in the pocket and he hasn't shown that. And with his size he will have a hard time staying healthy through a 16 game schedule in the AFC North where you are outdoors getting pounded by a tough defense six games a year regardless of what else the schedule throws at ya.

    Let's not really blame the right tackle, the coach, the receivers for the rest of our lives ... this guy was limited, let's call him limited. That's why he was readily available midway through the third round despite his heroics at Texas. Holmgen threw a flier at him because he likes quarterbacks. Turns out, it looks like Colt is what they thought he was ... a mid-third rounder with plenty of moxie and spunk but limited NFL-quality physical gifts.

    Ideal backup that can come in and win some games while the starter is out. He'll be in the league a long time. But he won't beat out Weeden in camp.

    Zombo

  • Well said.

  • Oh, please.

    Colt is fine as a qb - no qb could be successful. Not one currently in the NFL, could have

    been successful with no open wrs most of the time, (except for Little), and no protection much at all

    at RT.

    I think Colt will show what he can do in preseason with a complete cast.

    But Weeden IS an elite guy - it won't be long til Weeden takes the reins, which could be

    before the beginning of the season.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Oh, please.

    Colt is fine as a qb - no qb could be successful. Not one currently in the NFL, could havebeen successful with no open wrs most of the time, (except for Little), and no protection much at all

    at RT.

    I think Colt will show what he can do in preseason with a complete cast.

    But Weeden IS an elite guy - it won't be long til Weeden takes the reins, which could be before the beginning of the season.

    Cal don't you think H&H took all that stuff into consideration before they made a serious offer for RGIII and then drafted Weeden?

    Their opinion about Colt is- "he is who we thought he was". A guy with a winning attitude and third round skills.