Skip to content

Lerner got that Kokinis interview in after all.

The Browns Board
6 6 699
  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #1
    Browns interview Kokinis

    Browns owner Randy Lerner interviewed Baltimore Ravens director of pro personnel George Kokinis Sunday and their meeting reportedly went well. But the possibility of hiring Kokinis as general manager to partner with coach Eric Mangini will have to wait.

    The Ravens advanced to Sunday's AFC Championship game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, making Kokinis unavailable to join the Browns until Baltimore's playoff run ends. That could be after the Super Bowl Feb. 1 in Tampa.

    via here.

    You know what? For all the Pioli-loving I was doing, I like the idea of hiring someone who wants to make a name for himself rather than some guy who has already made it.

  • O osusev wrote on last edited by
    #2

    dam those browns I mean Ravens....

  • Browns interview Kokinis

    Browns owner Randy Lerner interviewed Baltimore Ravens director of pro personnel George Kokinis Sunday and their meeting reportedly went well. But the possibility of hiring Kokinis as general manager to partner with coach Eric Mangini will have to wait.

    The Ravens advanced to Sunday's AFC Championship game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, making Kokinis unavailable to join the Browns until Baltimore's playoff run ends. That could be after the Super Bowl Feb. 1 in Tampa.

    via here.

    You know what? For all the Pioli-loving I was doing, I like the idea of hiring someone who wants to make a name for himself rather than some guy who has already made it.

    hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #3

    mz. said:

    via here.

    You know what? For all the Pioli-loving I was doing, I like the idea of hiring someone who wants to make a name for himself rather than some guy who has already made it.

    Wow

    A revelent thread, slow day on the boards leads to steeler crap. I'm hoping for blockbuster news and am sorting through garbage, ok i'm done.

  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
    #4

    And from the PD

    As of last week, the Browns had broadened their GM search to include names such as former Broncos GM Ted Sundquist Colts and Colts Vice President of Football Operations Chris Polian.

    New England director of player personnel Nick Caserio, a native of Lyndhurst, is also a name that's come up. Caserio was originally on the Browns radar screen in early December, but went on the backburner while the Browns were interviewing his boss, Patriots Vice President Scott Pioli.

    Other experienced GMs such as Charlie Casserly, Tom Donahoe and Floyd Reese might also be considered, depending on what happens with Kokin

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ith_browns.html

  • LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I have warmed to the idea of Kokinis as the GM. If he and Mangini get along half as well as we are all being led to believe, and McCreight is on the same page as well, then the Browns will finally have a cohesive front office. That should lead to good things on the field and good things for us fans. I look forward to seeing who we draft and what we get for DA and K2.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Things are looking up and it looks like lerner means business im shocked he actually got the interview before the ravens are defeated next week..