Big John Hughes Tweaked Hammy Again
-
I'm also not overly worried about a run-stopping DT having a tweaked hammy. Yes, it hurts their explosion. So he won't be providing much pass rush or TFL's. But you don't need a 100% hamstring to stop runners from running through your hole. Standing your ground doesn't require the hamstring.
-
Homotron said:
My point is they take a while to heal. You act like the offseason is 5 months away. It's right around the corner.
If Training Camp starts in early August it may only be about 10 weeks away. Hopefully that is enough time to heal. Hillis had nothing like that kind of time before he was pressured to get back in there and start contributing.
If Training Camp starts in early August it may only be about 10 weeks away. Hopefully that is enough time to heal. Hillis had nothing like that kind of time before he was pressured to get back in there and start contributing.
If Hughes has anything in his favor it's that he isn't going to be pressured to contribute. Woodley came back early and re-injured his, he wasn't right all season as a direct result.
-
If Training Camp starts in early August it may only be about 10 weeks away. Hopefully that is enough time to heal. Hillis had nothing like that kind of time before he was pressured to get back in there and start contributing.
If Hughes has anything in his favor it's that he isn't going to be pressured to contribute. Woodley came back early and re-injured his, he wasn't right all season as a direct result.
Homotron said:
If Hughes has anything in his favor it's that he isn't going to be pressured to contribute. Woodley came back early and re-injured his, he wasn't right all season as a direct result.
On the contrary. Now that Phil Taylor seems to be out for the year, The Sausage King may indeed by under a deal of pressure to contribute at the DT spot opposite Rubin. There may be others that might also be candidates to fill in, but I think Hughes may be the Prime Suspect. Who might be the other candidates? Winn? Schaefering?.
-
Homotron said:
If Hughes has anything in his favor it's that he isn't going to be pressured to contribute. Woodley came back early and re-injured his, he wasn't right all season as a direct result.
On the contrary. Now that Phil Taylor seems to be out for the year, The Sausage King may indeed by under a deal of pressure to contribute at the DT spot opposite Rubin. There may be others that might also be candidates to fill in, but I think Hughes may be the Prime Suspect. Who might be the other candidates? Winn? Schaefering?.
On the contrary. Now that Phil Taylor seems to be out for the year, The Sausage King may indeed by under a deal of pressure to contribute at the DT spot opposite Rubin. There may be others that might also be candidates to fill in, but I think Hughes may be the Prime Suspect. Who might be the other candidates? Winn? Schaefering?.
I loved Winn coming out and thought he was a huge steal. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them bring someone in via FA rather than attempt to throw a rookie in on a starting basis. You'll see Richardson and Weeden obviously but I'd anticipate the others drafted will be special teams gunnars/blockers until they earn their keep. Paxton possibly? No matter what the situation sucks pretty large for you boys in Brown and orange. I would have loved to get a shot at Taylor last draft but he obviously went well before we picked. Happy to have Ta'amu in the fold now though so it worked out. You'll see a camp battle for that other spot, don't be shocked if Winn earns it.
-
I was impressed with the play of Nick Eason last year....I wouldn't rule him out.
-
@mike-h said:
The Browns tendered Brian Schaefering this offseason for a couple years. I'd bet he is the week 1 starter barring a huge camp from Winn or a miraculous recovery from Taylor.
Needless to say, Schaefering, Winn, Hughes will probably all be in some rotation...and possibly that FA acquisition that Homotron mentioned. (I agree that it is a possibility that someone else may be picked up).
Needless to say I think Taylor will probably be put in the IR.
-
@mike-h said:
The Browns tendered Brian Schaefering this offseason for a couple years. I'd bet he is the week 1 starter barring a huge camp from Winn or a miraculous recovery from Taylor.
Needless to say, Schaefering, Winn, Hughes will probably all be in some rotation...and possibly that FA acquisition that Homotron mentioned. (I agree that it is a possibility that someone else may be picked up).
Needless to say I think Taylor will probably be put in the IR.
Needless to say, Schaefering, Winn, Hughes will probably all be in some rotation...and possibly that FA acquisition that Homotron mentioned. (I agree that it is a possibility that someone else may be picked up).
Needless to say I think Taylor will probably be put in the IR.
PUP first then IR I would imagine. Since he tore it so early there is still the chance he could be ready with 4 weeks or so left in the season so we will have to wait and see.
-
-
-
-
-
I was impressed with the play of Nick Eason last year....I wouldn't rule him out.
He's with the cardinals now I believe and I also really liked Eason. He was a class act and produced when he was asked to step in, he'd be a good pick up but unless they released him he's with the Cards.
EDIT: I just read above. Paxton? He was with the Steelers for a bit as well but didn't play much but also labeled as a high character guy.
-
I was impressed with the play of Nick Eason last year....I wouldn't rule him out.
He's with the cardinals now I believe and I also really liked Eason. He was a class act and produced when he was asked to step in, he'd be a good pick up but unless they released him he's with the Cards.
EDIT: I just read above. Paxton? He was with the Steelers for a bit as well but didn't play much but also labeled as a high character guy.
Homotron said:
He's with the cardinals now I believe and I also really liked Eason. He was a class act and produced when he was asked to step in, he'd be a good pick up but unless they released him he's with the Cards.
EDIT: I just read above. Paxton? He was with the Steelers for a bit as well but didn't play much but also labeled as a high character guy.
He fucked up Roethelstiltskin. I may buy his jersey.
Z
-
Needless to say, Schaefering, Winn, Hughes will probably all be in some rotation...and possibly that FA acquisition that Homotron mentioned. (I agree that it is a possibility that someone else may be picked up).
Needless to say I think Taylor will probably be put in the IR.
PUP first then IR I would imagine. Since he tore it so early there is still the chance he could be ready with 4 weeks or so left in the season so we will have to wait and see.
PUP first then IR I would imagine. Since he tore it so early there is still the chance he could be ready with 4 weeks or so left in the season so we will have to wait and see.
We aren't going to keep him viable to play just 4 games.
If he can't play by game 6, he is placed on IR and the season is over.
-
PUP first then IR I would imagine. Since he tore it so early there is still the chance he could be ready with 4 weeks or so left in the season so we will have to wait and see.
We aren't going to keep him viable to play just 4 games.
If he can't play by game 6, he is placed on IR and the season is over.
-
Zombo said:
I bet he was thinking of Scott Paxson the Pennstater.
Zombo
Do it to it! Getting to Ben is looking like it's going to be less likely moving forward. Willie Colon is moving in to Guard with either Gilbert or Adams at LT, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert/Adams. The line is vastly improved. Ben is still going to get sacked because of his style of play but I'm super stoked for this coming season because the line has the potential to be very good.
-
-
Vastly improved with rookies? Lmao....ASSuming much?
Did you follow the draft at all? Did you pay attention to our offensive line last season? Adams and DeCastro were both labeled leading in to the draft as "PLUG AND PLAY" offensive lineman. Yes they are both VAST improvements over what we had there previously. Kemo was a god damn mental midget and always taking stupid penalties. He was a liability in pass protection as well. We had an injury turnstile and both tackle positions. The Steelers obviously think enough of Adams to move Colon in to guard and are essentially saying the positions are there for both rookies if they take advantage of the opportunity. DeCastro was the most NFL ready offensive lineman in the draft. If he were a tackle he would have been the first lineman off the board BUT as we all know guards aren't as high on the priority list as tackles which is why both Kalil and Reiff went higher. YES our offensive line from what we had will be vastly improved. Please break it down and argue otherwise.
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
