The Three Stooges Review
-
The Three Stooges
20th Century Fox
PG 92 min
I will admit that as a child there was probably no bigger influence in my life then The Three Stooges. They were a staple of the local networks children's programming in those days before cable and literally hundreds of choices. I've followed the history of the three brothers, Moses, Samuel and Jerome Horwitz aka Moe Shemp and Curly Howard and the middle stooge Larry Fine.
In the days of vaudeville Moe, Larry and Shemp were actually all stooges playing second bananas too comedian Ted Healy. After splitting from the drunken and arrogant Healy, Moe became the head stooge and the trio went on to make a great many short comedy films. Despite their popularity the fellows never made a great deal of money until, ironically, after the deaths of Shemp and Curly when they starred in some full length feature films With Curly Joe DiRita in the third slot. THE 3 STOOGES isnโt a biography, it is actually a recreation. The stars, Chris Daimantopolous, Sean Hayes and Mad TVs Will Sasso) have really captured it looks, the actions and even the spirit of the original actors. The resemblance is utterly amazing.
Even the storyline, though set in modern day, is something that wouldn't have been out of place in the thirties. Three zany infants are dropped off at an orphanage which will fall upon hard times as the years go by. Now adults, the three goofballs will go out into the world in an attempt to earn enough money to save the church.
I'll admit walking into this one with a large chip on my shoulder. Not only do I revere the originals, I don't really have much respect for the Farrelly brothers who wrote, produced and directed.
Until now their forte has been fart, puke and crotch humor.
That's not to mention the fact that they are responsible for the worlds worst ever comedy film DUMB AND DUMBER.
This time, however, I admit their hearts seem to be in the right place and this film is a fitting tribute. About the only flaw I could find any portrayal is the fact that Curly (Sasso) is a little too tall.
It should amuse non fans and amaze aficionados.
A-
WSS
Email [email protected]
-
The Three Stooges
20th Century Fox
PG 92 min
I will admit that as a child there was probably no bigger influence in my life then The Three Stooges. They were a staple of the local networks children's programming in those days before cable and literally hundreds of choices. I've followed the history of the three brothers, Moses, Samuel and Jerome Horwitz aka Moe Shemp and Curly Howard and the middle stooge Larry Fine.
In the days of vaudeville Moe, Larry and Shemp were actually all stooges playing second bananas too comedian Ted Healy. After splitting from the drunken and arrogant Healy, Moe became the head stooge and the trio went on to make a great many short comedy films. Despite their popularity the fellows never made a great deal of money until, ironically, after the deaths of Shemp and Curly when they starred in some full length feature films With Curly Joe DiRita in the third slot. THE 3 STOOGES isnโt a biography, it is actually a recreation. The stars, Chris Daimantopolous, Sean Hayes and Mad TVs Will Sasso) have really captured it looks, the actions and even the spirit of the original actors. The resemblance is utterly amazing.
Even the storyline, though set in modern day, is something that wouldn't have been out of place in the thirties. Three zany infants are dropped off at an orphanage which will fall upon hard times as the years go by. Now adults, the three goofballs will go out into the world in an attempt to earn enough money to save the church.
I'll admit walking into this one with a large chip on my shoulder. Not only do I revere the originals, I don't really have much respect for the Farrelly brothers who wrote, produced and directed.
Until now their forte has been fart, puke and crotch humor.
That's not to mention the fact that they are responsible for the worlds worst ever comedy film DUMB AND DUMBER.
This time, however, I admit their hearts seem to be in the right place and this film is a fitting tribute. About the only flaw I could find any portrayal is the fact that Curly (Sasso) is a little too tall.
It should amuse non fans and amaze aficionados.
A-
WSS
Email [email protected]
That's not to mention the fact that they are responsible for the worlds worst ever comedy film DUMB AND DUMBER.
Dude you are nuts, top 10 best ever. Lost a little movie review respect on this one.
-
That's not to mention the fact that they are responsible for the worlds worst ever comedy film DUMB AND DUMBER.
Dude you are nuts, top 10 best ever. Lost a little movie review respect on this one.
Dude you are nuts, top 10 best ever. Lost a little movie review respect on this one.
Oh well.....
Impossible to be all that objective in matters of taste.
There are plenty of times I hate movies that other critics love.
Other times I enjoy what they consider garbage.
Unlike sports discussion where claims can be settled with a win loss record or politics where we have the belief that it actually matters
art is almost purely subjective.WSS
-
By the way the second worst comedy ever made it is CADDYSHACK 2..
WSS
-
I like dumb and dumber. It's not their best but its a classic. For my part I hate hate hated the original three stooges so this lot almost has to be better.
-
I like dumb and dumber. It's not their best but its a classic. For my part I hate hate hated the original three stooges so this lot almost has to be better.
For my part I hate hate hated the original three stooges so this lot almost has to be better.
Wow....
Must be generational
WSS
-
For my part I hate hate hated the original three stooges so this lot almost has to be better.
Wow....
Must be generational
WSS
Wow....
Must be generational
WSS
Maybe but all it was was a couple of clowns poking each other in the eye. Not exactly high brow comedy. I just find them stupid, annoying and not funny at all.
-
That's not to mention the fact that they are responsible for the worlds worst ever comedy film DUMB AND DUMBER.
Dude you are nuts, top 10 best ever. Lost a little movie review respect on this one.
Dude you are nuts, top 10 best ever. Lost a little movie review respect on this one.
I agree with Steve. Dumb and Dumber is exactly that. Or, it should be titled, Dumb and Dumber and near unwatchable.
And I am a big Jim Carrey fan usually.
-
Dude you are nuts, top 10 best ever. Lost a little movie review respect on this one.
I agree with Steve. Dumb and Dumber is exactly that. Or, it should be titled, Dumb and Dumber and near unwatchable.
And I am a big Jim Carrey fan usually.
I agree with Steve. Dumb and Dumber is exactly that. Or, it should be titled, Dumb and Dumber and near unwatchable.
And I am a big Jim Carrey fan usually.
Yup.
Carrey Can do berserk, lite comedy and drama all well.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login