Skip to content

Tupa Thread

Political Discussion
15 9 691
  • Okay, where to start?

    Who is your VP pick for Romney?

    Who was your candidate when the primaries started?

    What's driving you crazy lately? Or who?

    ...So many questions.

    PS - Don't love the Weeden pick. I think I've come to the conclusion that the Browns are just destined to always suck. That is their destiny. But they're not going to pass the Steelers and the Ravens with McCoy, so they might as well give it a go. I would have passed on QBs this year, I think. I didn't like the options they had.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Okay, where to start?

    Who is your VP pick for Romney?

    Who was your candidate when the primaries started?

    What's driving you crazy lately? Or who?

    ...So many questions.

    PS - Don't love the Weeden pick. I think I've come to the conclusion that the Browns are just destined to always suck. That is their destiny. But they're not going to pass the Steelers and the Ravens with McCoy, so they might as well give it a go. I would have passed on QBs this year, I think. I didn't like the options they had.

    VP: I honestly can't think of anyone who would both bolster his chances and make me happy. Is GHWB available?

    Candidate: Daniels, even though he was never a candidate. Of those that actually ran, Romney was clearly the best. I like Gary Johnson, but he's about as good at campaigning as I am at football, and I've never played a down in my life. Ron Paul is so far off the plantation with his monetary views that he terrifies me. With Romney, I think it's safe to expect just about nothing terrible and a couple good points here and there. His complete lack of interest in most political hot-buttons gives me some hope that he might work on something like tax reform. That said, he would probably also let a Republican Congress push some lousy stuff onto the agenda, so I might actually prefer 4 more years of Obama checked by a GOP Congress. Better nothing get done than bad stuff. (is that right? I cant decide)

    Crazy: the usual suspects - Beck, Krugman, Schumer, etc. Issues: Obama on civil liberties. My reaction to reflecting on the Bush years has mostly to become more libertarian, as I think I've mentioned. One of the few areas I was excited about Obama over McCain was executive power and civil liberties. Not only has he been horrible on immigration, executive power, privacy, etc, but he's gotten a pass from the left for the most part. As a result, the "center" on those issues appears to have shifted significantly to the right, and I'm more homeless than ever.

    Weeden just left me speechless, and the suggestions that Holmgren overruled Hechert on it made me sick. There is no hope.

  • I like this guy

  • Hey i for one am excited to see weeden play. Mccoy is certainly not getting it done.

  • Did you hear why Daniels didn't run? Would probably keep him out of the VP race too.

  • why dont you just give Tupa a phone call?

  • why dont you just give Tupa a phone call?

    @fairhooker11 said:

    why dont you just give Tupa a phone call?

    Hooker, these guys (Tupa and Heck) have been doing this for years.

  • I'm always interested in what toop has to say and he's not here very often.

    I don't consider myself an acolyte but is a very bright guy.

    WSS

  • Personally I don't get the love for mitch daniels.

    Maybe to make mitt romney look more exciting by comparison?

    WSS

  • I actually think they'd try to embrace the idea of being not exciting. They're going to say, "You tried exciting. Now try a couple serious people."

    I still think it's Christie, though, and he is exciting.

  • I like Christie but netting the even money on Tubio.

    WSS

  • >>I like Christie but netting the even money on Rubio.>>

    Rubio simply for the Hispanic vote in FL, Steve?

    I believe the country will - once again - be ready for a straight talking 'every man' President who speaks directly to the voters. A la Reagan.

    I believe Christie is just that guy and will be the next Republican candidate for President - whenever that may be.

  • Actually rubio because he kind of excites the right. I think mexicans cubans and puerto ricans think of themselves as different groups.

    WSS

  • I believe it was Tupa that I had a great conversation with about the Middle East. Heck was unable to contribute anything, and

    Tupa knew a ton.

    You can't have any kind of intelligent conversation with Heck - he fakes stuff a lot, and isn't honest about much at all. And, he

    always seems to have some dumbass posturing going on when you disagree with him, as most folks on this board know full well.

  • why dont you just give Tupa a phone call?

    @fairhooker11 said:

    why dont you just give Tupa a phone call?

    if I were Tupa, I would use caller ID