Mike Wallace
-
Why should'nt H&H sign him to a large contract, 8 years 50 million 20 mill guaranteed. Make the Steelers match or we get him and give up our first rounder next year? The guy is a stud and he could be the 1 receiver we are missing on offense who could grow with Weeden and Richardson. Don't crucify me, I am just coming up with some topics to discuss since things are slow this time of year.
Thomaspro
Why should'nt H&H sign him to a large contract, 8 years 50 million 20 mill guaranteed. Make the Steelers match or we get him and give up our first rounder next year? The guy is a stud and he could be the 1 receiver we are missing on offense who could grow with Weeden and Richardson. Don't crucify me, I am just coming up with some topics to discuss since things are slow this time of year.
Thomaspro
I think it makes more sense now than it did a month ago when we wanted a QB in the draft but were worried we may have to wait another season.
1. We have our QB of the future- if he falls on his face the earliest he would be replaced is two years. So we'll have a first round pick to get one- if it happens.
2. I would say we have 1 missing piece on offense and its a go to WR- question is does Wallace fill that role.
3. He compliments are current WRs very well- Little is his opposite (a bigger Red zone WR). Cribbs, Norwood, Benjamin are your slot smurf WRs your catch and run guys.
4. We have QB with the tools to attack vertically
5. We weaken a division opponent.
-
1100 yards and over 70 catches last year. That is starting numbers. Plus he is young.
-
better yet, make an offer that the steelers can match, structure it so it will be hurting them in cap room for the future, if they don't bite, then we get a WR, they are already hurting in cap space this year
-
That is my point.
-
Supposedly several teams were interested in Wallace before the NFL draft.
The problem was Wallace wanted Larry Fitzgerald type money.
Fitzgerald signed an 8 year 120 million contract.
Wallace is fast - but he's not that good.
-
better yet, make an offer that the steelers can match, structure it so it will be hurting them in cap room for the future, if they don't bite, then we get a WR, they are already hurting in cap space this year
better yet, make an offer that the steelers can match, structure it so it will be hurting them in cap room for the future, if they don't bite, then we get a WR, they are already hurting in cap space this year
You need to do a little bit of research. The Steelers WERE hurting on cap space, they aren't now. They also aren't going to overpay Mike Wallace so if someone rolled in and offered a contract they couldn't match or wouldn't match Mike Wallace would be gone. I as a Steeler fan certainly want Wallace to stay as I feel he has another dimension of his game he hasn't reached but I also don't want them to pay him a ridiculous contract. Thankfully that isn't something the Steelers are willing to do and if they were willing to offer him the sun and the moon he'd have signed already. I do 100% believe he's a number 1 receiver but he's not going to get a through the moon contract with the Steelers. He still hasn't signed his first round tender and won't be at OTA's. June 12 is mandatory so we'll see what happens when that date rolls around.
-
Supposedly several teams were interested in Wallace before the NFL draft.
The problem was Wallace wanted Larry Fitzgerald type money.
Fitzgerald signed an 8 year 120 million contract.
Wallace is fast - but he's not that good.
Supposedly several teams were interested in Wallace before the NFL draft.
The problem was Wallace wanted Larry Fitzgerald type money.
Fitzgerald signed an 8 year 120 million contract.
Wallace is fast - but he's not that good.
He's not going to get Larry Fitzgerald kind of money and still believe that entire situation was a ruse. If he wanted that kind of money the Steelers wouldn't still be in contract negotiations with him.
-
Supposedly several teams were interested in Wallace before the NFL draft.
The problem was Wallace wanted Larry Fitzgerald type money.
Fitzgerald signed an 8 year 120 million contract.
Wallace is fast - but he's not that good.
He's not going to get Larry Fitzgerald kind of money and still believe that entire situation was a ruse. If he wanted that kind of money the Steelers wouldn't still be in contract negotiations with him.
Homotron said:
He's not going to get Larry Fitzgerald kind of money and still believe that entire situation was a ruse. If he wanted that kind of money the Steelers wouldn't still be in contract negotiations with him.
Nobody really cares what you believe.
Argue with somebody, I'm bored.
Dance, monkey, dance.
-
I was under the impression that RFA's needed to be signed before the draft because we would have had to lose that current years first rounder. I didn't think we could lose a future first. If he were willing to sign at a good figure no doubt I would go after him.
I was under the impression that RFA's needed to be signed before the draft because we would have had to lose that current years first rounder. I didn't think we could lose a future first. If he were willing to sign at a good figure no doubt I would go after him.
I thought the same thing regarding RFA's. I wouldn't mind having him at the right price but unless we plan on throwing the ball downfield (you know more then 5 yards) we wouldn't be able to utilize him correctly.
-
Homotron said:
He's not going to get Larry Fitzgerald kind of money and still believe that entire situation was a ruse. If he wanted that kind of money the Steelers wouldn't still be in contract negotiations with him.
Nobody really cares what you believe.
Argue with somebody, I'm bored.
Dance, monkey, dance.
Nobody really cares what you believe.
Argue with somebody, I'm bored.
Dance, monkey, dance.
Cute. I play nice, you try and make a dig. Fact of the matter is the Steelers don't overpay their players. They never have and never will. It's why they remain near the top year after year. Drafting and by taking care of their own but not to the degree that you risk the rest of the team. Paying Mike Wallace Fitzgerald money risks the rest of the team.
-
Nobody really cares what you believe.
Argue with somebody, I'm bored.
Dance, monkey, dance.
Cute. I play nice, you try and make a dig. Fact of the matter is the Steelers don't overpay their players. They never have and never will. It's why they remain near the top year after year. Drafting and by taking care of their own but not to the degree that you risk the rest of the team. Paying Mike Wallace Fitzgerald money risks the rest of the team.
Homotron said:
Cute. I play nice, you try and make a dig. Fact of the matter is the Steelers don't overpay their players. They never have and never will. It's why they remain near the top year after year. Drafting and by taking care of their own but not to the degree that you risk the rest of the team. Paying Mike Wallace Fitzgerald money risks the rest of the team.
I'm not making a dig. I want you to argue with somebody for my enjoyment, for I am better than you and you are below me.
-
Homotron said:
Cute. I play nice, you try and make a dig. Fact of the matter is the Steelers don't overpay their players. They never have and never will. It's why they remain near the top year after year. Drafting and by taking care of their own but not to the degree that you risk the rest of the team. Paying Mike Wallace Fitzgerald money risks the rest of the team.
I'm not making a dig. I want you to argue with somebody for my enjoyment, for I am better than you and you are below me.
I'm not making a dig. I want you to argue with somebody for my enjoyment, for I am better than you and you are below me.
Oh? that would certainly qualify as news to me. I'm the greatest. Are we related?
-
Wallace is not available. All y'all are trippin'.
This topic is absurd coz he is not on the market.
Nobody wanted him when he was available coz the price and what they had to give up was too high.
Wallace can accept what he was offered by PIT or sit out the season.
If he sits (which he will not) then he will become an unrestricted free agent next year.
Yes, PIT would like to sign him for the long-term, but negotiations have gone nowhere. . . . coz of what many of you have said. . . Wallace's agent wants Fitzgerald kinda money and PIT will not pay that.
The entire structure of this type of, "restricted free agent," has been done away with under the new CBA coz it didn't function all that well. Teams had to give up too much, so nobody took any of these players.
-
Coz.
-
i for one would really like the correct definition of what a 'yinzer' is, not living in the area anymore.
-
i for one would really like the correct definition of what a 'yinzer' is, not living in the area anymore.
i for one would really like the correct definition of what a 'yinzer' is, not living in the area anymore.
Apparently it's something people in Cleveland think we in Pittsburgh find offensive. It's actually the exact opposite as just about everyone born and raised in the area appreciates the Pittsburghese of the various communities. I NEVER say yinz which is basically a slang offshoot from Y'all or the more proper word "You all".
-
I have an idea! Why don't we scout and find these type of players and have them earn their reputation with us, instead of overpaying and picking off of other teams?
Let's have other teams want OUR players!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login