Skip to content

Weeden/marino

The Browns Board
8 7 764
  • I see similarites between the two. Same size, accuracy and best of all, quick release. Could Weeden be the next Marino? Highly possible.

  • same age?

  • same age?

    @gafreleets said:

    same age?

    lol.. not bad for a troll

  • I see similarites between the two. Same size, accuracy and best of all, quick release. Could Weeden be the next Marino? Highly possible.

    @dawg33 said:

    I see similarites between the two. Same size, accuracy and best of all, quick release. Could Weeden be the next Marino? Highly possible.

    Laces out Dan!

  • Having lived my adult life in South Fla., I had the opportunity to see every game Marino played. He never had a decent defense, running game (OL were drafted for pass blocking ability). He still is arguably the best QB of all time.

  • Having lived my adult life in South Fla., I had the opportunity to see every game Marino played. He never had a decent defense, running game (OL were drafted for pass blocking ability). He still is arguably the best QB of all time.

    @dawg33 said:

    Having lived my adult life in South Fla., I had the opportunity to see every game Marino played. . . .

    Having grown up in Pittsburgh, he was a classmate of mine.

    But he never came to class. . .

    I did watch him play his college ball live, not on TV.

    Most of his incomplete passes were bounced off the chests of his receivers.

    He was one of the few in history who was pro-grade when he arrived in the NFL.

    Oh yeh, and by-the-way . . all the drug rumors about him at college and high school in Pittsburgh were true. (I know nothing about him after he left for Miami)

    So, here is yur Weeden - Marino check list.

    1. Never went to class. Has no education beyond the knowledge of football.

    2. Nearly all incomplete passes in college were the fault of the receivers.

    3. Already NFL caliber as a Junior / Senior.

    4. Loves weed, cocaine, and pills.

    I don't follow the draft or college ball and never heard of anybody named Weeden so all of you experts will have to decide if matches Marino or not.

  • @dawg33 said:

    Having lived my adult life in South Fla., I had the opportunity to see every game Marino played. . . .

    Having grown up in Pittsburgh, he was a classmate of mine.

    But he never came to class. . .

    I did watch him play his college ball live, not on TV.

    Most of his incomplete passes were bounced off the chests of his receivers.

    He was one of the few in history who was pro-grade when he arrived in the NFL.

    Oh yeh, and by-the-way . . all the drug rumors about him at college and high school in Pittsburgh were true. (I know nothing about him after he left for Miami)

    So, here is yur Weeden - Marino check list.

    1. Never went to class. Has no education beyond the knowledge of football.

    2. Nearly all incomplete passes in college were the fault of the receivers.

    3. Already NFL caliber as a Junior / Senior.

    4. Loves weed, cocaine, and pills.

    I don't follow the draft or college ball and never heard of anybody named Weeden so all of you experts will have to decide if matches Marino or not.

    @dick-mellon said:

    Having grown up in Pittsburgh, he was a classmate of mine.

    But he never came to class. . .

    I did watch him play his college ball live, not on TV.

    Most of his incomplete passes were bounced off the chests of his receivers.

    He was one of the few in history who was pro-grade when he arrived in the NFL.

    Oh yeh, and by-the-way . . all the drug rumors about him at college and high school in Pittsburgh were true. (I know nothing about him after he left for Miami)

    So, here is yur Weeden - Marino check list.

    1. Never went to class. Has no education beyond the knowledge of football.

    2. Nearly all incomplete passes in college were the fault of the receivers.

    3. Already NFL caliber as a Junior / Senior.

    4. Loves weed, cocaine, and pills.

    I don't follow the draft or college ball and never heard of anybody named Weeden so all of you experts will have to decide if matches Marino or not.

    I'd say two ia halfway applicable, and three is completely applicable, seeing as how he was as old as a 5 year vet as a junior.

    As for 1 and 4, I cannot answer but I'd say (and hope) they weren't applicable.

  • Both were at E3 demoing Kinect features in Madden?