Skip to content

Your Top 5

The Browns Board
82 30 4.2k
  • Here's a good clip of Kiper & McShay talking about their top five draft prospects:

    After watching it, I started thinking about who would be on my top 5 list of guys I'd want us to take with the 5th pick.

    Here's what I came up with:

    1. Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
    2. Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
    3. Taylor Mays, S, USC
    4. Aaron Maybin, DE-OLB, Penn State
    5. Malcolm Jenkins, CB-S, OSU
    Maybin at #4 is more of a placeholder than a real ranking. I haven't watched enough of him to declare confidently where I'll rank him, but I'm guessing he'll be somewhere in the middle of my top 10 options.

    Who are your top 5 guys?

  • Here's my top five for the Browns:

    1) Curry

    2) Mays (the next Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott)

    3) Jenkins

    4) Spikes

    5) Orakpo

  • Here are mine though in no particular order.

    1. Curry

    2. Smith

    3. Mays

    4. Crabtree

    5. Jenkins

  • Here's a good clip of Kiper & McShay talking about their top five draft prospects:

    After watching it, I started thinking about who would be on my top 5 list of guys I'd want us to take with the 5th pick.

    Here's what I came up with:

    1. Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
    2. Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
    3. Taylor Mays, S, USC
    4. Aaron Maybin, DE-OLB, Penn State
    5. Malcolm Jenkins, CB-S, OSU
    Maybin at #4 is more of a placeholder than a real ranking. I haven't watched enough of him to declare confidently where I'll rank him, but I'm guessing he'll be somewhere in the middle of my top 10 options.

    Who are your top 5 guys?

    Aloysius said:

    Here's a good clip of Kiper & McShay talking about their top five draft prospects:

    After watching it, I started thinking about who would be on my top 5 list of guys I'd want us to take with the 5th pick.

    Here's what I came up with:

    1. Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
    2. Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
    3. Taylor Mays, S, USC
    4. Aaron Maybin, DE-OLB, Penn State
    5. Malcolm Jenkins, CB-S, OSU
    Maybin at #4 is more of a placeholder than a real ranking. I haven't watched enough of him to declare confidently where I'll rank him, but I'm guessing he'll be somewhere in the middle of my top 10 options.

    Who are your top 5 guys?

    FUN stuff Aloy. Where did Heckofajobbrownie go to? I'd swear you and him were the same guy Aloy - that's a compliment. He was a real draft guru and really made this place fun pre draft. Last year he said Flugel watch these highlights of Matt Ryan - he's the best pick in the draft. Guess what???? He was the best pick in the draft.

    Anyway, here's my top 5:

    1) Taylor Mays

    2) Aaron Curry

    3) Knowshon Moreno

    4) Andre Smith

    5) Michael Crabtree

    If Percy Harvin comes out - he goes to #4 and Crabtree slides to #6.

    - Tom F.

  • hey guys, im new to the board but long time browns fan.

    back to the topic, here's my top 5 for the browns:

    1.Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest

    2.Aaron Maybin, DE-OLB, Penn State

    3. Rey Malaluga, ILB, USC

    4.Malcolm Jenkins, CB-S, OSU

    5.Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

    i put Crabtree at 5 only cause we really need Defense and i put Rey above Malcolm Jenkins just because i dont feel we need another young corner, Davon Holly will be back next year and id really like to target a vetren one in free agency. (Oaklands Corner would be my dream choice even if i cant spell his name)

  • Welcome to the board, JDaWg.

    @flugel said:

    FUN stuff Aloy. Where did Heckofajobbrownie go to? I'd swear you and him were the same guy Aloy - that's a compliment. He was a real draft guru and really made this place fun pre draft. Last year he said Flugel watch these highlights of Matt Ryan - he's the best pick in the draft. Guess what???? He was the best pick in the draft.

    Yeah, Heck's a real draft guru. He's the Kiper to my McShay: he knows more, but I look better on camera.

  • DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

    Here are my top 5 picks.

    1. Orakpo

    2. Curry (1 & 2 are interchangeable. I'll be happy with either one of them.)

    3. Maualuga

    4. Jenkins

    5. Beanie

    I really would love to see Beanie in C-town. I think he'll be a stud in the NFL. But the #5 pick is too high for any RB in this draft and for our needs. I think we need to go defense and get a pass rusher 1st! If none is available (I doubt that will be the case), then CB would be okay. Getting a pass rusher will automatically make our existing DB's better! As of right now, we have NO pass rush!

  • After reading scouting (read: Alo's) reports and watching bowl games, here is my top 5:

    1) Aaron Curry

    2) Taylor Mays

    3) Michael Crabtree

    and that's it.

  • After watching Mike Mayocks break down, I go Aaron Curry. Guy projects to be able to play inside or outside in a 3-4, and CLE could certainly use that versatility.

  • The reason It might be Crabtree is BE's only got 1 year left under contract and we aren't going to resign him in uncapped year. imo

    I want :

    1). Rey

    2). Jenkins

    3). Curry

    4). Crabtree

    5). Orakpo

    P.S. BE also wants endorsements,loves self, hates Clev, feels resentment, and has aligator arms across the middle!

  • 1. curry

    2. orakpo

    3. crabtree

    4. malcolm jenkins

    5. knowshon moreno

    this was a tough list to compile. i honestly think that if curry's gone at five but crabtree's there, we find someone, anyone, who wants him and trade down with them. curry, to me, is the only guy who's worth our pick now that mays isn't declaring.

    in the event mays does leave USC, though, he's in at two.

    people around here seem to have forgotten about moreno in all the wells talk. he's similar to harrison insofar as he's small, but smaller RBs are fine, especially in a RBBC.

    jenkins, though a great prospect, doesn't address our most immediate needs. he'll likely be a great player, and could be a valuable piece for us. if we get 'stuck' with him, i'd be fine with it, but he's not a linebacker, can't rush the passer, and isn't a running back. we have other positions in far worse shape.

    picking the fifth guy was tough. it could easily also be wells, maualuga or brandon spikes. wells, like moreno, would be great in a RBBC. it would limit his touches and, we would hope, keep him healthy. and while maualuga is no curry, he'll be decent at worst. even if he overruns plays at times, he'll still be a decent NFL LB at worst. spikes is an interesting option, too. all he does is play well. his measurables aren't great, but he makes enough plays to warrant consideration.

    ultimately, it's curry or trade down (if possible). to me, he's the only guy at five that brings enough value to the table.

  • NOT a rey fan jewdag?

  • 1) Maualuga

    2) Maualuga

    3) Orapko

    4) Orapko

    5) Mays

    I'm not so sure about Curry. IMHO, we need an inside LB more than an outside LB. I'll be extremely disappointed if we draft offense with our first pick, because our defense is crap, can never stop anyone when it matters.

  • NOT a rey fan jewdag?

    @solon16 said:

    NOT a rey fan jewdag?

    I think rey may still be there at 8, 9 or 10

    might be worth the risk to trade down, get the extra pick, if Rey is gone, there still is going to be some good talent left. We have to figure in at least one if not two OT will be taken, maybe a QB.

    I think there is plenty of talent in the top 10 for us to chose from.

  • I've always been a fan of the trade down...but rarely do we ever have a partner! Braylon will be gone after next year IMO, so for value's sake it might very well be Crabtree.

  • Here is my top 5 and could change after the combine, but this is off the top of my head.

    1) Malcolm Jenkins

    2) James Laurinaitis

    3) Rey Maualuga

    4) Michael Crabtree

    5) Brian Orakpo

    Sorry no Curry unless you could pick him in the 3rd round he plays to much like Wimbley, Mel Kiper is not a genius. I prefer to listen to Mike Mayock off of the NFL Network.

  • NOT a rey fan jewdag?

    @solon16 said:

    NOT a rey fan jewdag?

    living in california, i'm subjected to obscene amounts of USC. the vast, vast majority of the time, rey didn't do anything to impress me. he runs around a lot and is quite active, but he doesn't really seem to make any major plays. he make some of the plays that a competent middle linebacker should, but not all of them. and when he does make a play, he celebrates like he just discovered fire.

    maybe that's partly because he belongs in a 3-4 more than a 4-3. it's possible that a scheme shift would play to his strengths more than what he's been playing in and make him look like a better player. however, he's not a good enough player to warrant the fifth pick when there's someone who's more fundamentally sound and regularly makes big plays.

    like diesel suggested, trading down to the 8-10 area and still getting him while coming up with extra picks, to me, is a more palatable scenario. i would still prefer a more consistent player, though. if we trade down that far, i might suggest going even further if we can and taking brandon spikes, a guy who's somewhat similar to d'qwell but is still a good player.

  • Here is my top 5 and could change after the combine, but this is off the top of my head.

    1) Malcolm Jenkins

    2) James Laurinaitis

    3) Rey Maualuga

    4) Michael Crabtree

    5) Brian Orakpo

    Sorry no Curry unless you could pick him in the 3rd round he plays to much like Wimbley, Mel Kiper is not a genius. I prefer to listen to Mike Mayock off of the NFL Network.

    @mr.-t said:

    Here is my top 5 and could change after the combine, but this is off the top of my head.

    1) Malcolm Jenkins

    2) James Laurinaitis

    3) Rey Maualuga

    4) Michael Crabtree

    5) Brian Orakpo

    Sorry no Curry unless you could pick him in the 3rd round he plays to much like Wimbley, Mel Kiper is not a genius. I prefer to listen to Mike Mayock off of the NFL Network.

    the same mike mayock who has curry listed as his top overall senior and laurinaitis at 9 and maualuga at seven? check the list.

  • lol.

    Mayock also called Curry "the ultimate package".

  • 1.) Aaron Curry

    2.) Michael Crabtree

    3.) Brian Orakpo

    4.) Everette Brown

    5.) Aaron Maybin