Skip to content

Looks Like Mike Holmgren And Jim Brown

The Browns Board
8 7 986
  • B Bills-n-Browns-Fan wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Mike Holmgren reaches out to Jim Brown, who’s ready to listen

    Posted by Darin Gantt on June 15, 2012, 8:15 AM EDT AP

    During a kinder, gentler Mike Holmgren press conference Thursday, the Cleveland president extended an olive branch to Hall of Famer Jim Brown.

    And Brown sounds like he’s ready to receive it.

    The relationship between the Browns boss and one of the game’s all-time greatest players has been chilly since Holmgren reduced Brown’s role in 2010. And the former running back hasn’t held back, questioning Holmgren’s commitment to the franchise and saying he thought first-round pick Trent Richardson was ordinary.

    “I would like Jim Brown to come and be a part of this and feel comfortable doing that and I would welcome him with open arms,” Holmgren said Thursday.

    “If that’s what Holmgren said, it just shows a lot of class on his part,” Brown told the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I’ve always been attracted to anyone who has the class to reach out. I have nothing to hold me back from being a positive person in any type of circumstances.

    “I am a Cleveland Brown, but it’s always up to those in control to decide what they want to do.”

    While it’s understandable for Holmgren to want to put his own stamp on the franchise, picking a fight with a legend wasn’t the smartest way to go about it. Much like former coach Eric Mangini painting over a mural of the running back when he was in charge, the idea of banishing a player of Brown’s stature is simply foolish.

    Hopefully, Thursday’s comments will be the first step toward giving Browns fans something to remember fondly, since the recent product has been such a mess.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #2

    It can only help to have Jim around, but just not all the time.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #3

    How can t help???? The guy is a tool now.

  • SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #4

    He's a distraction to TR. Keep him away.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #5

    He can teach these young man how to treat woman

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #6

    “I’ve always been attracted to anyone who has the class to reach out. Jim Brown

    *************

    Jim Brown translation:

    "I've always loved people who will tell me I am the all powerful ONE, and let me be the center of attention again.. Especially white people."

    He is a locker room cancer.

    I doubt that TR will change who he is for the worse, just because Jimmy Brown shows up.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #7

    does this mean he's gonna get paid from the org. again?

    thought lerner got rid of that financial burden aka dead weight.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Holmgren is just being the bigger man. He isn't saying he wants him back in the building doing his own job. He wants him to start showing back up at the banquets and stuff that past great players normally show up at, like the Ring of Honor thing.