Skip to content

Browns Backers - Wisconsin

The Browns Board
14 6 1.9k
  • I literally just moved from Appleton, WI to Rochester, MN taking what was probably the only Browns fan you would find. In my years of college and living throughout Oshkosh, De Pere, and Appleton I met one die hard Browns fan and also Joe Thomas' brother went to University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. You'll see a lot of Thomas jerseys at the pre-season game, I'm thinking about making the trip over as I went to the two preseason games in 09 and 10.

    I did enjoy growing up in Wisconsin... When you go to Green Bay on gameday, it simply cannot be rivaled anywhere else, awesome atmosphere...

    @mdmusch said:

    I literally just moved from Appleton, WI to Rochester, MN taking what was probably the only Browns fan you would find. In my years of college and living throughout Oshkosh, De Pere, and Appleton I met one die hard Browns fan and also Joe Thomas' brother went to University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. You'll see a lot of Thomas jerseys at the pre-season game, I'm thinking about making the trip over as I went to the two preseason games in 09 and 10.

    I did enjoy growing up in Wisconsin... When you go to Green Bay on gameday, it simply cannot be rivaled anywhere else, awesome atmosphere...

    Interesting. What made you become a Browns fan in the first place if you grew up in Appleton?

    I am sort of surprised I haven't remotely come close to seeing Cleveland fans yet. I have run into some Buckeyes fans, but nothing Cleveland related. I think I am just going to start a Backers Chapter and let people find it online.

  • Ha ha, I used to live in Eagle River, winters suck ass crack. Makes Cleveland winters look like North Carolina.

    Nice people though, their fans love their team for all the right reasons, very similar to Cleveland fans.

    Yea the younger fans don't remember they were the laughing stock of the league at one time.

  • Ha ha, I used to live in Eagle River, winters suck ass crack. Makes Cleveland winters look like North Carolina.

    Nice people though, their fans love their team for all the right reasons, very similar to Cleveland fans.

    Yea the younger fans don't remember they were the laughing stock of the league at one time.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Ha ha, I used to live in Eagle River, winters suck ass crack. Makes Cleveland winters look like North Carolina.

    Nice people though, their fans love their team for all the right reasons, very similar to Cleveland fans.

    Dated a nice gal from there, but that is wayyyy up north dude. You're talking almost 3 hours from Green Bay let alone Appleton. Serious God's country.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Ha ha, I used to live in Eagle River, winters suck ass crack. Makes Cleveland winters look like North Carolina.

    Nice people though, their fans love their team for all the right reasons, very similar to Cleveland fans.

    Dated a nice gal from there, but that is wayyyy up north dude. You're talking almost 3 hours from Green Bay let alone Appleton. Serious God's country.

    @riffer-x said:

    Dated a nice gal from there, but that is wayyyy up north dude. You're talking almost 3 hours from Green Bay let alone Appleton. Serious God's country.

    I actually lived in Conover, 15 miles NORTH of Eagle River, I used to ride my mini bike to the UP (Upers, lol). There is a bar up there owned by Loretta Lynn's sister. Met Loretta Lynn there, super nice lady. There is another bar, the Log Cabin, the best pizza on the planet. I've been around man, this is up there with the best, if you get a chance, stop by. My aunt bar tends there part time.

  • @riffer-x said:

    Dated a nice gal from there, but that is wayyyy up north dude. You're talking almost 3 hours from Green Bay let alone Appleton. Serious God's country.

    I actually lived in Conover, 15 miles NORTH of Eagle River, I used to ride my mini bike to the UP (Upers, lol). There is a bar up there owned by Loretta Lynn's sister. Met Loretta Lynn there, super nice lady. There is another bar, the Log Cabin, the best pizza on the planet. I've been around man, this is up there with the best, if you get a chance, stop by. My aunt bar tends there part time.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    I actually lived in Conover, 15 miles NORTH of Eagle River, I used to ride my mini bike to the UP (Upers, lol). There is a bar up there owned by Loretta Lynn's sister. Met Loretta Lynn there, super nice lady. There is another bar, the Log Cabin, the best pizza on the planet. I've been around man, this is up there with the best, if you get a chance, stop by. My aunt bar tends there part time.

    man, makes me want to make a road trip. love finding cool out of the way places. but yeah i could just imagine the winters. i guess everyone would have to have at least one snowmobile in the garage.

    didn't loretta lynn get a boob job when she was like 60 something years old? i mean by that time ladies, just give it up. you can't fight gravity all your life.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    I actually lived in Conover, 15 miles NORTH of Eagle River, I used to ride my mini bike to the UP (Upers, lol). There is a bar up there owned by Loretta Lynn's sister. Met Loretta Lynn there, super nice lady. There is another bar, the Log Cabin, the best pizza on the planet. I've been around man, this is up there with the best, if you get a chance, stop by. My aunt bar tends there part time.

    man, makes me want to make a road trip. love finding cool out of the way places. but yeah i could just imagine the winters. i guess everyone would have to have at least one snowmobile in the garage.

    didn't loretta lynn get a boob job when she was like 60 something years old? i mean by that time ladies, just give it up. you can't fight gravity all your life.

    @miktoxic said:

    man, makes me want to make a road trip. love finding cool out of the way places. but yeah i could just imagine the winters. i guess everyone would have to have at least one snowmobile in the garage.

    didn't loretta lynn get a boob job when she was like 60 something years old? i mean by that time ladies, just give it up. you can't fight gravity all your life.

    I say let them get it done, I am all for it.

    One thing unique in WI and Kosar can probably attest is, they shake dice for shots. It is some sort of game. I am not a big fan, I would rather just order a friggen shot when I am ready rather than bang dice on the bar out of a canister.

    To each their own.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    I actually lived in Conover, 15 miles NORTH of Eagle River, I used to ride my mini bike to the UP (Upers, lol). There is a bar up there owned by Loretta Lynn's sister. Met Loretta Lynn there, super nice lady. There is another bar, the Log Cabin, the best pizza on the planet. I've been around man, this is up there with the best, if you get a chance, stop by. My aunt bar tends there part time.

    man, makes me want to make a road trip. love finding cool out of the way places. but yeah i could just imagine the winters. i guess everyone would have to have at least one snowmobile in the garage.

    didn't loretta lynn get a boob job when she was like 60 something years old? i mean by that time ladies, just give it up. you can't fight gravity all your life.

    @miktoxic said:

    man, makes me want to make a road trip. love finding cool out of the way places. but yeah i could just imagine the winters. i guess everyone would have to have at least one snowmobile in the garage.

    didn't loretta lynn get a boob job when she was like 60 something years old? i mean by that time ladies, just give it up. you can't fight gravity all your life.

    Yea man great place to visit say September, the musky fishing is outragious.

    Yea some people in my class drove snow mobiles to school.

    This was a while ago meeting loretta lynn. I don't remember her tit size.

  • @miktoxic said:

    man, makes me want to make a road trip. love finding cool out of the way places. but yeah i could just imagine the winters. i guess everyone would have to have at least one snowmobile in the garage.

    didn't loretta lynn get a boob job when she was like 60 something years old? i mean by that time ladies, just give it up. you can't fight gravity all your life.

    I say let them get it done, I am all for it.

    One thing unique in WI and Kosar can probably attest is, they shake dice for shots. It is some sort of game. I am not a big fan, I would rather just order a friggen shot when I am ready rather than bang dice on the bar out of a canister.

    To each their own.

    @riffer-x said:

    I say let them get it done, I am all for it.

    One thing unique in WI and Kosar can probably attest is, they shake dice for shots. It is some sort of game. I am not a big fan, I would rather just order a friggen shot when I am ready rather than bang dice on the bar out of a canister.

    To each their own.

    Yep I remember that dice game. Not much to do in the winter other than go to the bar even if you are 12 years old. Learned to drive at 12, designated driver.

  • @riffer-x said:

    I say let them get it done, I am all for it.

    One thing unique in WI and Kosar can probably attest is, they shake dice for shots. It is some sort of game. I am not a big fan, I would rather just order a friggen shot when I am ready rather than bang dice on the bar out of a canister.

    To each their own.

    Yep I remember that dice game. Not much to do in the winter other than go to the bar even if you are 12 years old. Learned to drive at 12, designated driver.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Yep I remember that dice game. Not much to do in the winter other than go to the bar even if you are 12 years old. Learned to drive at 12, designated driver.

    my twin brother and older sister had to take shifts of driving a stick shift volkswagen van with 'wet bar' included from maine back to ohio every summer as he was too cocked on gin martinis to even think about driving. lot of odd looks by other commuters passing by, let alone the troopers.

    ahh, the good old days! 🤔

  • @miktoxic said:

    man, makes me want to make a road trip. love finding cool out of the way places. but yeah i could just imagine the winters. i guess everyone would have to have at least one snowmobile in the garage.

    didn't loretta lynn get a boob job when she was like 60 something years old? i mean by that time ladies, just give it up. you can't fight gravity all your life.

    I say let them get it done, I am all for it.

    One thing unique in WI and Kosar can probably attest is, they shake dice for shots. It is some sort of game. I am not a big fan, I would rather just order a friggen shot when I am ready rather than bang dice on the bar out of a canister.

    To each their own.

    @riffer-x said:

    One thing unique in WI and Kosar can probably attest is, they shake dice for shots. It is some sort of game. I am not a big fan, I would rather just order a friggen shot when I am ready rather than bang dice on the bar out of a canister.

    My son lives in Milwaukee and told me about the dice game. i don't really understand it either.

    i took him to Lambeau when the Browns played there. i proudly wore my I HATE THE STEELERS shirt. The fans were a blast, and the stadium is like a cathedral. i hope you get a chance to catch a game.

  • I've played bar dice more than a few times during college in Wisconsin. You shake to see who pays for the shot, a lot of times you will get lucky and the bartender will have to "pay"

    And about becoming a Browns fan from Wisconsin, it just happened when I started following football in 2000... My family was never really into to football, so I could start with a clean slate. Now I follow and adore the Cleveland Browns and will root for Green Bay when they aren't playing them.

  • A couple of notes: 1. You probably don't see many fans of other teams in northern Wisconsin because of it smallish population and because it is not a place, generally, where people relocate to. I hear you went there for the job, but I suspect that is rare. Its not like that is the south or west where a lot of people have moved there that have loyalty to a different team. Those locals are loyal to their team.

    2. With the Packers history, you are not going to find too many FRAKs up there. Bandwagon jumpers for their rival team. The Packers have been the big dog in that vicinity.

    Their two closest rivals, the Bears and Vikings, have not been that successful, so unlike the complete asshole sniffing schlubs that we have around here, you don't have them there so much.

    3 My wife is from Wisconsin, and we have a family friend that lives right on the river in Green Bay. (an ex teacher that is pushing 90 years old). My father in law, who is now 89 was a friend of Don Hutsons who owned a Cadillac dealership in Racine for years.