Skip to content

Summer Reading

Political Discussion
27 8 1.2k
  • Bunker said:

    cysko bought moochelle obama's coloring book fat-furious-michelle-obama.jpg

    Sorry, guess my literary tastes are a little more refined than yours bunker. I'm sure Archie's pal, jughead is an amazing publication.

  • I guess either members of this board are illiterate or, truly, have no common ground.

  • Im reading The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn. The subject is America and its connection to ancient Israel and Gods judgement against her as stated in Isaiah Chp9 vs 10. It is explained so clearly so that a

    non bible scholar as myself as well as others who are interested can understand the prophetic judgements levied against Israel, and see an amazing connection to the United States. It was released last year sometime.

    So out of respect to your post, I answered because of the no common grounds question. I mean, I would love to hear comments from others who share the same beliefs? But I kinda know which way it would go instead. peace 🙂

  • I just finished "The Brain that Changes Itself." It's a fascinating book from a few years ago about a number of case studies exhibiting the plasticity of the brain. Most of them involve some type of brain damage that rendered an area of the brain non-functional, then another part of the brain rewires itself and does the damaged part's job. Showing how to train a brain to do this type of thing has piqued my interest in neuro.

    I started reading "The Physics of Consciousness," but so far it's just been a history of quantum physics, and nothing really new. I'm not convinced that the guy's going to actually make a case for anything regarding the link between quantum mechanics and consciousness. It's just too big a gap.

    Also finished up "World War Z," a collection of short stories from survivors of the zombie apocalypse, hailing from every corner of the world. The stories are short and to the point, so if you have a short attention span or are super busy, it might be for you.

    I want to start "Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." I mean c'mon, how could you not want to read that?

  • The Cat in the Hat, by Dr. Seuss. Really deep and makes you think.

  • I like the Allman Bros music too. Part of the southern rock invasion of the 70s that I grew up on. Lynrd Skynrd, Marshall Tucker Band, The Outlaws, Molly Hatchett Heartsfield Blues Band. all good memories! 🙂

  • ... I dont like books 🙁

    I get a Mechanical Engineering magazine.

    And I watch interesting shit on YouTube and the Discovery Channel.

  • I just finished "The Brain that Changes Itself." It's a fascinating book from a few years ago about a number of case studies exhibiting the plasticity of the brain. Most of them involve some type of brain damage that rendered an area of the brain non-functional, then another part of the brain rewires itself and does the damaged part's job. Showing how to train a brain to do this type of thing has piqued my interest in neuro.

    I started reading "The Physics of Consciousness," but so far it's just been a history of quantum physics, and nothing really new. I'm not convinced that the guy's going to actually make a case for anything regarding the link between quantum mechanics and consciousness. It's just too big a gap.

    Also finished up "World War Z," a collection of short stories from survivors of the zombie apocalypse, hailing from every corner of the world. The stories are short and to the point, so if you have a short attention span or are super busy, it might be for you.

    I want to start "Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." I mean c'mon, how could you not want to read that?

    @vaportrail said:

    I just finished "The Brain that Changes Itself." It's a fascinating book from a few years ago about a number of case studies exhibiting the plasticity of the brain. Most of them involve some type of brain damage that rendered an area of the brain non-functional, then another part of the brain rewires itself and does the damaged part's job. Showing how to train a brain to do this type of thing has piqued my interest in neuro.

    I started reading "The Physics of Consciousness," but so far it's just been a history of quantum physics, and nothing really new. I'm not convinced that the guy's going to actually make a case for anything regarding the link between quantum mechanics and consciousness. It's just too big a gap.

    Also finished up "World War Z," a collection of short stories from survivors of the zombie apocalypse, hailing from every corner of the world. The stories are short and to the point, so if you have a short attention span or are super busy, it might be for you.

    I want to start "Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." I mean c'mon, how could you not want to read that?

    For my part I hated world war z. Hated it. The zombie survival guide was alright. Branch out to image comics and actually read the walking dead. It's way better than world war z.

  • ... I dont like books 🙁

    I get a Mechanical Engineering magazine.

    And I watch interesting shit on YouTube and the Discovery Channel.

    @mld-woody said:

    ... I dont like books 🙁

    I get a Mechanical Engineering magazine.

    And I watch interesting shit on YouTube and the Discovery Channel.

    Master shake says books are stupid and tv is twice as fast...

  • @mld-woody said:

    ... I dont like books 🙁

    I get a Mechanical Engineering magazine.

    And I watch interesting shit on YouTube and the Discovery Channel.

    Master shake says books are stupid and tv is twice as fast...

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Master shake says books are stupid and tv is twice as fast...

    Good. I liked that show

  • Just finished The first book of the century trilogy by Ken Follett.

    Really really enjoyed it.

    The performance by John Lee was top notch as well.

    WSS

  • I'm reading "The Essential Army Manual" on survival (hey it was ten bucks, and has an extra 100 manuals on CD)...

    and a great famous book on canoeing and "Pit * Pot & Skillet" by Red Caldwell. It's an EXCELLENT COOKBOOK

    ... I borrowed the last two books from Canton Mike.

  • Here ya go

    We apparently just got the Science Channel so I'm recording all of the Into the Universe episodes. There is one on tonight about quantum mechanics

  • @vaportrail said:

    I just finished "The Brain that Changes Itself." It's a fascinating book from a few years ago about a number of case studies exhibiting the plasticity of the brain. Most of them involve some type of brain damage that rendered an area of the brain non-functional, then another part of the brain rewires itself and does the damaged part's job. Showing how to train a brain to do this type of thing has piqued my interest in neuro.

    I started reading "The Physics of Consciousness," but so far it's just been a history of quantum physics, and nothing really new. I'm not convinced that the guy's going to actually make a case for anything regarding the link between quantum mechanics and consciousness. It's just too big a gap.

    Also finished up "World War Z," a collection of short stories from survivors of the zombie apocalypse, hailing from every corner of the world. The stories are short and to the point, so if you have a short attention span or are super busy, it might be for you.

    I want to start "Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." I mean c'mon, how could you not want to read that?

    For my part I hated world war z. Hated it. The zombie survival guide was alright. Branch out to image comics and actually read the walking dead. It's way better than world war z.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    For my part I hated world war z. Hated it. The zombie survival guide was alright. Branch out to image comics and actually read the walking dead. It's way better than world war z.

    I actually didn't like the zombie survival guide that much. I've watched some of the Walking Dead tv series, but have been absolutely hooked on Game of Thrones. That, and the mod for the milsim, Armed Assault 2. Someone finally made a video game where you live the zombie apocalypse. There's nothing scripted except for zombies spawning near towns and attacking you when you stray too close. The game is a multiplayer RPG, and it saves your progress over a number of servers. The only goal of the game is to survive and you're given a sandbox world in which to try.

    Anyone who isn't a gamer probably has no idea what I just said, but if you have a PC that can play modern-ish games, check this mod out. SOOOOooooo immersive.

  • I understand brah

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    For my part I hated world war z. Hated it. The zombie survival guide was alright. Branch out to image comics and actually read the walking dead. It's way better than world war z.

    I actually didn't like the zombie survival guide that much. I've watched some of the Walking Dead tv series, but have been absolutely hooked on Game of Thrones. That, and the mod for the milsim, Armed Assault 2. Someone finally made a video game where you live the zombie apocalypse. There's nothing scripted except for zombies spawning near towns and attacking you when you stray too close. The game is a multiplayer RPG, and it saves your progress over a number of servers. The only goal of the game is to survive and you're given a sandbox world in which to try.

    Anyone who isn't a gamer probably has no idea what I just said, but if you have a PC that can play modern-ish games, check this mod out. SOOOOooooo immersive.

    @vaportrail said:

    I actually didn't like the zombie survival guide that much. I've watched some of the Walking Dead tv series, but have been absolutely hooked on Game of Thrones. That, and the mod for the milsim, Armed Assault 2. Someone finally made a video game where you live the zombie apocalypse. There's nothing scripted except for zombies spawning near towns and attacking you when you stray too close. The game is a multiplayer RPG, and it saves your progress over a number of servers. The only goal of the game is to survive and you're given a sandbox world in which to try.

    Anyone who isn't a gamer probably has no idea what I just said, but if you have a PC that can play modern-ish games, check this mod out. SOOOOooooo immersive.

    That sounds pretty cool although I haven't actually touched a pc in months. I'm more of an xbox player.

  • What is your GT?

  • What is your GT?

    @mld-woody said:

    What is your GT?

    The Cysko Kid

  • You guys really need to join the PC gaming master race

    49343f48_PC_Gaming_Master_Race.jpeg

    This video shows a bit of the mechanics of the game. When you start a new character or die, you begin the game on the coast with no weapons. Everything you want, you have to find.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Yeah, dude, I'm 33 with a full time job and a wife and kids. It's kind of difficult to find the time to do any real gaming these days. I'm doing good if I can find an hour to play from 11-midnight. Xbox will have to do. If it weren't for smart phones I'd probably never use the internet.

    Anyway, zombie guys, have you played dead space? I'm playing 2 now. It's pretty intense, and the chapter format makes it easy to play in short increments vs something like skyrim.