Skip to content

Football Gameplan's 2012 Nfl Team Preview - Browns

The Browns Board
28 15 1.6k
  • That's a great report !

    But I think the Browns finish ahead of fourth place.

    Because - the defense and offense improvement will make a huge difference,

    and the Browns weren't getting blown out of games ...

    Sheldon Brown has caught a lot of flak from some us .... but then he started playing pretty fine late last season.

    Was he playing hurt or what?

    The Hagg kid can play.... and the addition of Swartz at RT should make a giant difference.

    I do wish the Browns had two Greg Littles....

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @calfoxwc said:

    I do wish the Browns had two Greg Littles....

    or how about 2 braylon edwards?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I wouldn't give a nickle for two or even three Braylons.

    What IS your point? ???

  • I wouldn't give a nickle for two or even three Braylons.

    What IS your point? ???

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @calfoxwc said:

    I wouldn't give a nickle for two or even three Braylons.

    What IS your point? ???

    my point is until now greg little IS braylon edwards. and you're hoping for two of them?

    just saying.

    can we wait for the guy to catch 25 balls this year to acclaim him the best receiver in the league?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Oh.

    But Little isn't Braylon at all. Braylon was a mefirst prima donna. His work ethic was baloney, and he

    was immature and had a big mouth.

    Little is the opposite.

    What you mean to say, I think, is that Braylon dropped passes, and Little dropped a group of them last year, too.

    Little will fix that. Braylon never cared to. He was too busy blaming anybody and everything else.

    Look at his time with the Jets.

    He sucked. Little is a class kid, hard worker, honest, smart and wants to win. Big difference.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I wouldn't give a nickle for two or even three Braylons.

    What IS your point? ???

    my point is until now greg little IS braylon edwards. and you're hoping for two of them?

    just saying.

    can we wait for the guy to catch 25 balls this year to acclaim him the best receiver in the league?

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @miktoxic said:

    my point is until now greg little IS braylon edwards. and you're hoping for two of them?

    just saying.

    can we wait for the guy to catch 25 balls this year to acclaim him the best receiver in the league?

    Considering he caught 61 balls last season, maybe we should change your statement to 62 catches... or less drops. I think that last one would work better IMO.

    Also something Little hasn't done. Punched one of Lebron's friends in the face. What a pussy.

  • @miktoxic said:

    my point is until now greg little IS braylon edwards. and you're hoping for two of them?

    just saying.

    can we wait for the guy to catch 25 balls this year to acclaim him the best receiver in the league?

    Considering he caught 61 balls last season, maybe we should change your statement to 62 catches... or less drops. I think that last one would work better IMO.

    Also something Little hasn't done. Punched one of Lebron's friends in the face. What a pussy.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #13

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Considering he caught 61 balls last season, maybe we should change your statement to 62 catches... or less drops. I think that last one would work better IMO.

    Also something Little hasn't done. Punched one of Lebron's friends in the face. What a pussy.

    On the whole, I have heard that many of LeBron's friends probably deserved more. They used to walk around town with a sense of entitlement just because they were a friend of LeBron's. (by that I mean they would go into restaurants and expect to not have to pay their bill....and not have to leave a tip...or they would show up 5-10 minutes before closing at a restaurant and expect the staff to all wait for an hour and a half after closing to wait on them....and again leave not a penny of tips). I had my own experience twice with some of them wanting special consideration from the court that I ran when they got a ticket. The third time they didn't even bother to ask)

    Not that Braylon wasn't also a bitch.

  • @miktoxic said:

    my point is until now greg little IS braylon edwards. and you're hoping for two of them?

    just saying.

    can we wait for the guy to catch 25 balls this year to acclaim him the best receiver in the league?

    Considering he caught 61 balls last season, maybe we should change your statement to 62 catches... or less drops. I think that last one would work better IMO.

    Also something Little hasn't done. Punched one of Lebron's friends in the face. What a pussy.

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Considering he caught 61 balls last season, maybe we should change your statement to 62 catches... or less drops. I think that last one would work better IMO.

    Also something Little hasn't done. Punched one of Lebron's friends in the face. What a pussy.

    I don't get how punching someone in the face makes you a pussy. Unless it's a woman...

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Considering he caught 61 balls last season, maybe we should change your statement to 62 catches... or less drops. I think that last one would work better IMO.

    Also something Little hasn't done. Punched one of Lebron's friends in the face. What a pussy.

    I don't get how punching someone in the face makes you a pussy. Unless it's a woman...

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @usfbrown said:

    I don't get how punching someone in the face makes you a pussy. Unless it's a woman...

    You don't get it. I am making fun of Little for not yet finding and punching one of Lebron's friends in the face.

  • @usfbrown said:

    I don't get how punching someone in the face makes you a pussy. Unless it's a woman...

    You don't get it. I am making fun of Little for not yet finding and punching one of Lebron's friends in the face.

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @harry-buffalo said:

    You don't get it. I am making fun of Little for not yet finding and punching one of Lebron's friends in the face.

    Hahah. My bad. Its been a long week. Hurry up and start season!



  • Good afternoon Browns fans! Here's my Season Preview for you guys!

    Enjoy!

    Em
    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #17

    @emdiggy said:

    Good afternoon Browns fans! Here's my Season Preview for you guys!

    Enjoy!

    Decent effort... need to watch a few more team prev's.

    The big +1... Billy Wynn... I am very hopeful that this kid's "high motor" will have an impact much greater than his draft slot would indicate.

    The big -1... Since Gip already played the DQJ card, I'll go with your comment about adopting OK St offense for Weedon??? So we should adopt UH's Run and Shoot V5.3-ish over the WCO??? Ludicrous beyond belief...

    @harry-buffalo said:

    You don't get it. I am making fun of Little for not yet finding and punching one of Lebron's friends in the face.

    I got it... and it was very funny HB...

  • slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Nice video! Im probably in the minority here but i would absolutely love it if the Browns were to give Plaxico a shot. I honestly think he would work out well for us.

  • Nice video! Im probably in the minority here but i would absolutely love it if the Browns were to give Plaxico a shot. I honestly think he would work out well for us.

    E EmDiggy wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @slimdawg said:

    Nice video! Im probably in the minority here but i would absolutely love it if the Browns were to give Plaxico a shot. I honestly think he would work out well for us.

    Thanks! You and me both.. I think just having a threat on the other side would open up things for the TE, Little, & Richardson..makes playing offense that much easier

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I don't agree with the Weeden and Colt assesment though. I still think could be the guy and so long as the bullets aren't real we won't be able to tell who is better under pressure. I really want to see what Colt can do with Richardson in the backfield. Hillis really was a huge letdown last year. I'm wagering that if Weeden had that group of RBs that we wouldn't have fared much better. Colt is awesome on the run and when they key in on him and rush him like they did, all he has to do is find Richardson and he's "Gone". Colts movement in and around the pocket is awesome and he's a scraper. I know everyone wants to "see" Weedster light it up but just what if Colt IS our guy and Weeden is another DA? Come on, we just need to be sure to cover all our bases. With an improved line, some speed at WR(plus more experience) and a legit top 5 RB- I think Colt gets the job done and can take us to the playoffs. What we really need is- If the offense steps up and puts points on the board this year the defense needs to hold...

  • H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Colt is a good guy, but wet noodles can't throw balls.

    Brandon Weeden can.

  • S SirLuck wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Am I the only one truly noticing that his prediction is that we will be dead last in our division? And isn't it mighty dang early to be making those kind of predictions?

  • I don't agree with the Weeden and Colt assesment though. I still think could be the guy and so long as the bullets aren't real we won't be able to tell who is better under pressure. I really want to see what Colt can do with Richardson in the backfield. Hillis really was a huge letdown last year. I'm wagering that if Weeden had that group of RBs that we wouldn't have fared much better. Colt is awesome on the run and when they key in on him and rush him like they did, all he has to do is find Richardson and he's "Gone". Colts movement in and around the pocket is awesome and he's a scraper. I know everyone wants to "see" Weedster light it up but just what if Colt IS our guy and Weeden is another DA? Come on, we just need to be sure to cover all our bases. With an improved line, some speed at WR(plus more experience) and a legit top 5 RB- I think Colt gets the job done and can take us to the playoffs. What we really need is- If the offense steps up and puts points on the board this year the defense needs to hold...

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @poeticg said:

    I really want to see what Colt can do with Richardson in the backfield.

    He will be a smallish, weak-armed QB with a good running back in the backfield.

    Our front office did everything it could to replace him this year ... it's OK to let go now.

    Zombo

  • Am I the only one truly noticing that his prediction is that we will be dead last in our division? And isn't it mighty dang early to be making those kind of predictions?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @sirluck said:

    Am I the only one truly noticing that his prediction is that we will be dead last in our division? And isn't it mighty dang early to be making those kind of predictions?

    Everyone is going to pick us last this year. And I mean everyone.

    Zombo

    --Doesn't mean a thing

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Worst to first in the AFCN is my prediction...

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I start out every season expecting a turn around season. I think this year we have a real shot.

  • Am I the only one truly noticing that his prediction is that we will be dead last in our division? And isn't it mighty dang early to be making those kind of predictions?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @sirluck said:

    Am I the only one truly noticing that his prediction is that we will be dead last in our division? And isn't it mighty dang early to be making those kind of predictions?

    No, not really. The other 3 teams all made the playoffs and the Browns were 4-12. The perception is that the gap is still big between the other 3 teams and the Browns. Understandably so. Some perceive that some one or more of the other teams in the division will have to fall off to close the gap. The Browns have to prove they are closing the gap with better players and scheme. They seem to be working on the players somewhat, but I am not sure about the scheme.