Skip to content

The 70's Remember This Guy?

Barber Shop Talk
7 4 723
  • I remember him.....always seemed kind of queer to me, but this was a pretty good song....a big hit for the guy.

  • Yes, I remember. I was in the Army when those songs came out. Weren't my favorite, but not bad.

  • Gay as hell.

    Zombo

  • well it was the 70s - they were faggots - no tolerance back then, just- in your face get back in the closet kinda era...😛 I thought the song was oK - a top tapper, mustve been the side "b" of the other whiny syrupy song "Alone again, naturally" and not played to death on AM pop radio like WIXY1260 (remember that? holey moley I just thought of that! )

  • well it was the 70s - they were faggots - no tolerance back then, just- in your face get back in the closet kinda era...😛 I thought the song was oK - a top tapper, mustve been the side "b" of the other whiny syrupy song "Alone again, naturally" and not played to death on AM pop radio like WIXY1260 (remember that? holey moley I just thought of that! )

    @fairhooker11 said:

    well it was the 70s - they were faggots - no tolerance back then, just- in your face get back in the closet kinda era...😛 I thought the song was oK - a top tapper, mustve been the side "b" of the other whiny syrupy song "Alone again, naturally" and not played to death on AM pop radio like WIXY1260 (remember that? holey moley I just thought of that! )

    WIXY 1260 and CKLW from Detroit could be picked up. Then WMMS started commercial free (then) FM radio.

  • @fairhooker11 said:

    well it was the 70s - they were faggots - no tolerance back then, just- in your face get back in the closet kinda era...😛 I thought the song was oK - a top tapper, mustve been the side "b" of the other whiny syrupy song "Alone again, naturally" and not played to death on AM pop radio like WIXY1260 (remember that? holey moley I just thought of that! )

    WIXY 1260 and CKLW from Detroit could be picked up. Then WMMS started commercial free (then) FM radio.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    WIXY 1260 and CKLW from Detroit could be picked up. Then WMMS started commercial free (then) FM radio.

    yep I remember "MMS"