Skip to content

Weeden Holding Out?

The Browns Board
70 24 4.2k
  • He wants the 4th year guaranteed so that he can collect his social security when the contract is up.

  • He wants the 4th year guaranteed so that he can collect his social security when the contract is up.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    He wants the 4th year guaranteed so that he can collect his social security when the contract is up.

    and he can get the senior citizen discount at the local shop and drop on tuesdays.

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    He wants the 4th year guaranteed so that he can collect his social security when the contract is up.

    and he can get the senior citizen discount at the local shop and drop on tuesdays.

    @miktoxic said:

    and he can get the senior citizen discount at the local shop and drop on tuesdays.

    In a little over two years I get the Golden Buckeye card!

  • I came here hoping to read the opinions and it seems you guys don't even have a thread about it? Man you boys are slacking! Apparently he's holding out to ensure his 4th year is guaranteed. I personally think it's BS, considering he's done nothing to prove he's worth additional guaranteed money. I do get his angle because he is older but considering where he was drafted I'd be pretty aggravated with his current position. Thoughts?

    Homotron said:

    I came here hoping to read the opinions and it seems you guys don't even have a thread about it? Man you boys are slacking! Apparently he's holding out to ensure his 4th year is guaranteed. I personally think it's BS, considering he's done nothing to prove he's worth additional guaranteed money. I do get his angle because he is older but considering where he was drafted I'd be pretty aggravated with his current position. Thoughts?

    You'd better stay home and keep an eye out for Ben....those sorority parties can be very enticing.

  • It's not holding out until he misses a scheduled event due to contract issues. 30 days out still. chill...

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Same thing is happening with your boy Decastro. Same thing happened last season with the players drafted in the same time slot. They all signed in time. Nothing to worry about.

    DeCastro isn't holding out. I only made this thread because I thought it was ridiculous that he was demanding his 4th year be guaranteed. I'm sure he'll sign but still think it's being selfish.

    Homotron said:

    DeCastro isn't holding out. I only made this thread because I thought it was ridiculous that he was demanding his 4th year be guaranteed. I'm sure he'll sign but still think it's being selfish.

    DeCastro is doing the same thing. All the draft picks in that area are doing the same thing.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a3ba60/article/brandon-weeden-browns-reportedly-stuck-on-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

    The national media is only paying attention to Weeden because he is a QB, but you boy is holding out for the same exact reason.

  • 🙂
  • Homotron said:

    DeCastro isn't holding out. I only made this thread because I thought it was ridiculous that he was demanding his 4th year be guaranteed. I'm sure he'll sign but still think it's being selfish.

    DeCastro is doing the same thing. All the draft picks in that area are doing the same thing.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a3ba60/article/brandon-weeden-browns-reportedly-stuck-on-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

    The national media is only paying attention to Weeden because he is a QB, but you boy is holding out for the same exact reason.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    DeCastro is doing the same thing. All the draft picks in that area are doing the same thing.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a3ba60/article/brandon-weeden-browns-reportedly-stuck-on-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

    The national media is only paying attention to Weeden because he is a QB, but you boy is holding out for the same exact reason.

    I'm talking about Weeden saying he wants a guaranteed 4th year which is strange for players drafted in the last part of the first round. DeCastro not long ago reported to the Steelers for the first time because of the class schedule at Standford. Usually it's a guaranteed 3 years for players drafted in the last part of the first and THAT is the reason i started the thread. I'm fully aware that DeCastro hasn't signed but he's not threatening to "hold out" of training camp. He just hasn't signed yet.

  • Homotron said:

    I came here hoping to read the opinions and it seems you guys don't even have a thread about it? Man you boys are slacking! Apparently he's holding out to ensure his 4th year is guaranteed. I personally think it's BS, considering he's done nothing to prove he's worth additional guaranteed money. I do get his angle because he is older but considering where he was drafted I'd be pretty aggravated with his current position. Thoughts?

    You'd better stay home and keep an eye out for Ben....those sorority parties can be very enticing.

    @timpiker said:

    You'd better stay home and keep an eye out for Ben....those sorority parties can be very enticing.

    You need to grow up. I said a good long while ago I was done playing these games on this message board.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    DeCastro is doing the same thing. All the draft picks in that area are doing the same thing.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a3ba60/article/brandon-weeden-browns-reportedly-stuck-on-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

    The national media is only paying attention to Weeden because he is a QB, but you boy is holding out for the same exact reason.

    I'm talking about Weeden saying he wants a guaranteed 4th year which is strange for players drafted in the last part of the first round. DeCastro not long ago reported to the Steelers for the first time because of the class schedule at Standford. Usually it's a guaranteed 3 years for players drafted in the last part of the first and THAT is the reason i started the thread. I'm fully aware that DeCastro hasn't signed but he's not threatening to "hold out" of training camp. He just hasn't signed yet.

    Homotron said:

    I'm talking about Weeden saying he wants a guaranteed 4th year which is strange for players drafted in the last part of the first round. DeCastro not long ago reported to the Steelers for the first time because of the class schedule at Standford. Usually it's a guaranteed 3 years for players drafted in the last part of the first and THAT is the reason i started the thread. I'm fully aware that DeCastro hasn't signed but he's not threatening to "hold out" of training camp. He just hasn't signed yet.

    And Weeden hasn't said he is holding out and I quote, "I don't want to be fined 30K a day." DeCastro did not need to be in Pittsburgh to get his deal done. All those guys mentioned in the article are trying to get all or some of their final year guaranteed. I fine it incredibly stupid that you claim it's weird for players at that point in the draft to get their final year guaranteed when it's only the 2nd year of the pay scale and as I mentioned before all the players from this same draft area held out this long last season to (surprise!) try to get more money parentage in their 4th season.

    Go back to your own board and stop trying to kick sand at people from what is a bare cement floor.

  • Homotron said:

    I'm talking about Weeden saying he wants a guaranteed 4th year which is strange for players drafted in the last part of the first round. DeCastro not long ago reported to the Steelers for the first time because of the class schedule at Standford. Usually it's a guaranteed 3 years for players drafted in the last part of the first and THAT is the reason i started the thread. I'm fully aware that DeCastro hasn't signed but he's not threatening to "hold out" of training camp. He just hasn't signed yet.

    And Weeden hasn't said he is holding out and I quote, "I don't want to be fined 30K a day." DeCastro did not need to be in Pittsburgh to get his deal done. All those guys mentioned in the article are trying to get all or some of their final year guaranteed. I fine it incredibly stupid that you claim it's weird for players at that point in the draft to get their final year guaranteed when it's only the 2nd year of the pay scale and as I mentioned before all the players from this same draft area held out this long last season to (surprise!) try to get more money parentage in their 4th season.

    Go back to your own board and stop trying to kick sand at people from what is a bare cement floor.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    And Weeden hasn't said he is holding out and I quote, "I don't want to be fined 30K a day." DeCastro did not need to be in Pittsburgh to get his deal done. All those guys mentioned in the article are trying to get all or some of their final year guaranteed. I fine it incredibly stupid that you claim it's weird for players at that point in the draft to get their final year guaranteed when it's only the 2nd year of the pay scale and as I mentioned before all the players from this same draft area held out this long last season to (surprise!) try to get more money parentage in their 4th season.

    Go back to your own board and stop trying to kick sand at people from what is a bare cement floor.

    You boys are ridiculous. I start a thread for a legit discussion with ZERO ill will and everyone here is acting as if I'm pissing on their front lawn. I posted this because i DID read that he said he was "holding out" until his 4th year was guaranteed, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it at all.

  • Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining

  • Homotron said:

    DeCastro isn't holding out. I only made this thread because I thought it was ridiculous that he was demanding his 4th year be guaranteed. I'm sure he'll sign but still think it's being selfish.

    DeCastro is doing the same thing. All the draft picks in that area are doing the same thing.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a3ba60/article/brandon-weeden-browns-reportedly-stuck-on-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

    The national media is only paying attention to Weeden because he is a QB, but you boy is holding out for the same exact reason.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    DeCastro is doing the same thing. All the draft picks in that area are doing the same thing.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a3ba60/article/brandon-weeden-browns-reportedly-stuck-on-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

    The national media is only paying attention to Weeden because he is a QB, but you boy is holding out for the same exact reason.

    The difference is that Decastro is the best player drafted ever! and he deserves to make billions. Why not hold out? Cleveland drafted both Richardson and Weeden before him, but Decastro is still so much better, just for the fact that he went to Pittsburgh. The Steelers front office is just so talented that they went to the 20 teams ahead of them and were able to convince them not to take Decastro.

    At least this is what Steeler fans here in Western PA have been saying...

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    And Weeden hasn't said he is holding out and I quote, "I don't want to be fined 30K a day." DeCastro did not need to be in Pittsburgh to get his deal done. All those guys mentioned in the article are trying to get all or some of their final year guaranteed. I fine it incredibly stupid that you claim it's weird for players at that point in the draft to get their final year guaranteed when it's only the 2nd year of the pay scale and as I mentioned before all the players from this same draft area held out this long last season to (surprise!) try to get more money parentage in their 4th season.

    Go back to your own board and stop trying to kick sand at people from what is a bare cement floor.

    You boys are ridiculous. I start a thread for a legit discussion with ZERO ill will and everyone here is acting as if I'm pissing on their front lawn. I posted this because i DID read that he said he was "holding out" until his 4th year was guaranteed, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it at all.

    Homotron said:

    You boys are ridiculous. I start a thread for a legit discussion with ZERO ill will and everyone here is acting as if I'm pissing on their front lawn. I posted this because i DID read that he said he was "holding out" until his 4th year was guaranteed, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it at all.

    What exactly is he holding out from? The July 4th holiday? DeCastro isn't signed either as are several other 1st round picks. So since training camp isn't started yet either they are all holding out or all aren't. If training camp opens and he isn't signed then I we might have something to discuss.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    And Weeden hasn't said he is holding out and I quote, "I don't want to be fined 30K a day." DeCastro did not need to be in Pittsburgh to get his deal done. All those guys mentioned in the article are trying to get all or some of their final year guaranteed. I fine it incredibly stupid that you claim it's weird for players at that point in the draft to get their final year guaranteed when it's only the 2nd year of the pay scale and as I mentioned before all the players from this same draft area held out this long last season to (surprise!) try to get more money parentage in their 4th season.

    Go back to your own board and stop trying to kick sand at people from what is a bare cement floor.

    You boys are ridiculous. I start a thread for a legit discussion with ZERO ill will and everyone here is acting as if I'm pissing on their front lawn. I posted this because i DID read that he said he was "holding out" until his 4th year was guaranteed, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it at all.

    Homotron said:

    You boys are ridiculous. I start a thread for a legit discussion with ZERO ill will and everyone here is acting as if I'm pissing on their front lawn. I posted this because i DID read that he said he was "holding out" until his 4th year was guaranteed, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it at all.

    No you read an article where he said he is going to sign before camps start that the writer decided to title Weeden is Holding out. Decstro is doing the same thing so go back to you Pittspuke forum and discuss that shit.

  • Homotron said:

    You boys are ridiculous. I start a thread for a legit discussion with ZERO ill will and everyone here is acting as if I'm pissing on their front lawn. I posted this because i DID read that he said he was "holding out" until his 4th year was guaranteed, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it at all.

    No you read an article where he said he is going to sign before camps start that the writer decided to title Weeden is Holding out. Decstro is doing the same thing so go back to you Pittspuke forum and discuss that shit.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    No you read an article where he said he is going to sign before camps start that the writer decided to title Weeden is Holding out. Decstro is doing the same thing so go back to you Pittspuke forum and discuss that shit.

    Some of you are ridiculously sensitive. I came here for the opinion/thoughts of the BROWNS BOARD on YOUR QUARTERBACK. I'm not interested in rubbing salt in wounds etc. I read that he was "holding out" unless his 4th year was guaranteed. Clearly for a few of you it's that time of the month. Christ. I just found it odd because typically if you're drafted at that point your 4th year isn't guaranteed and because he's a older QB coming out of the draft it may be a concern of his. I never thought he'd miss any time or truly "hold out". It's funny that when I'm not here starting BS and had a legitimate question I'm still treated like I'm here to start sh.it. Should I just return to "starting" random "fast track to nowhere" arguments again? is it impossible for people to be civil?

  • OK.....

    ill play along.

    it was reported AS RUMOR that he COULD hold out. he has not said as much; rather, its media speculation that he will. of course, he could hold out if he really wanted, but you also must understand he's currently living on his baseball money. players always want guarantees, and this is nothing different. the fourth year is commonly negotiated by most prospects around that draft slot, so (as was demonstrated by decastro not signing) this isn't something terribly concerning. whether or not the exact reason for not signing is exactly the same, decastro is still "holding out" as well.....why we should be more concerned about weeden than you of decastro surely does come off as you trying to stir the pot.

    as mentioned...its early. this thread can be revisited in 3 weeks when the run-up to training camp frenzy is in full force.

  • No one wants to talk to you about something that isn't going to happen. You wonder why no one was talking about it before you posted, it's because it is a none story. Go to your board and ask people why no one is talking about DeCastro holding out and not being signed yet. They will tell you the same thing we are. NONE FUCKING STORY!

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Same thing is happening with your boy Decastro. Same thing happened last season with the players drafted in the same time slot. They all signed in time. Nothing to worry about.

    DeCastro isn't holding out. I only made this thread because I thought it was ridiculous that he was demanding his 4th year be guaranteed. I'm sure he'll sign but still think it's being selfish.

    Homotron said:

    DeCastro isn't holding out. I only made this thread because I thought it was ridiculous that he was demanding his 4th year be guaranteed. I'm sure he'll sign but still think it's being selfish.

    Is DeCastro signed? If he isn't signed, then per your standards he is holding out.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    DeCastro is doing the same thing. All the draft picks in that area are doing the same thing.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a3ba60/article/brandon-weeden-browns-reportedly-stuck-on-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

    The national media is only paying attention to Weeden because he is a QB, but you boy is holding out for the same exact reason.

    I'm talking about Weeden saying he wants a guaranteed 4th year which is strange for players drafted in the last part of the first round. DeCastro not long ago reported to the Steelers for the first time because of the class schedule at Standford. Usually it's a guaranteed 3 years for players drafted in the last part of the first and THAT is the reason i started the thread. I'm fully aware that DeCastro hasn't signed but he's not threatening to "hold out" of training camp. He just hasn't signed yet.

    Homotron said:

    I'm talking about Weeden saying he wants a guaranteed 4th year which is strange for players drafted in the last part of the first round. DeCastro not long ago reported to the Steelers for the first time because of the class schedule at Standford. Usually it's a guaranteed 3 years for players drafted in the last part of the first and THAT is the reason i started the thread. I'm fully aware that DeCastro hasn't signed but he's not threatening to "hold out" of training camp. He just hasn't signed yet.

    Then you are being stupid, or biased, or both. If DeCastro isn't signed, then it means that there is at this point no agreement on some contract term...be it money, years, cars, hookers, bling, or dog food.

    Weeden has not signed at this point because there is at this point no agreement on some contract term, be it money, years, cars, Hookers, bling, or dog food.

    No damn difference whatsoever.