Skip to content

Josh Gordon - Supplemental Draft Pick

The Browns Board
34 16 3.0k
  • Apparently he ran a 4.5 forty and didn't drop a pass. After he pulled his hamstring... I broke my promise to myself and got excited. I hope we get this guy.

    Here comes disappointment in T-Minus 2 days.

  • then why is everyone trying to crucify heckert for hardesty? or complaining we gave up a few worthless picks for TR?

    the problem is exactly that you dont value those picks. "oh, a 3rd has 64 players picked before them" like that matters in the least. since you haven't been paying attention, we're playing rookies drafted all over the board.....a fucking 7th round safety is competing for a starting safety spot. with the way we've been picking lately? are you fucking Retarded or willingly stupid? we went from one of the oldest to one of the youngest in 2 drafts.....

    dont give me the bullshit that a thrid isn't much of a commodity to waste on a damn project thats only played one year of competitive football only to smoke himself outta that job.

    @choco said:

    then why is everyone trying to crucify heckert for hardesty? or complaining we gave up a few worthless picks for TR?

    the problem is exactly that you dont value those picks. "oh, a 3rd has 64 players picked before them" like that matters in the least. since you haven't been paying attention, we're playing rookies drafted all over the board.....a fucking 7th round safety is competing for a starting safety spot. with the way we've been picking lately? are you fucking Retarded or willingly stupid? we went from one of the oldest to one of the youngest in 2 drafts.....

    dont give me the bullshit that a thrid isn't much of a commodity to waste on a damn project thats only played one year of competitive football only to smoke himself outta that job.

    A 3rd round is a high pick and is absolutely the highest I would even consider using on this guy. I think that is too high personally. Now, if you believe this guy can play and you grade him out as a 2nd round or 3 round talent then you might be compelled to make that move. I cannot say if we should or not. I do not know enough about this guy. If we do somehow end up with him, he better turn out. I am all for WR help I just don't want us wasting a high pick. No one will have an issue if he produces, you just better make sure he does.

  • @choco said:

    then why is everyone trying to crucify heckert for hardesty? or complaining we gave up a few worthless picks for TR?

    the problem is exactly that you dont value those picks. "oh, a 3rd has 64 players picked before them" like that matters in the least. since you haven't been paying attention, we're playing rookies drafted all over the board.....a fucking 7th round safety is competing for a starting safety spot. with the way we've been picking lately? are you fucking Retarded or willingly stupid? we went from one of the oldest to one of the youngest in 2 drafts.....

    dont give me the bullshit that a thrid isn't much of a commodity to waste on a damn project thats only played one year of competitive football only to smoke himself outta that job.

    I can't answer for everyone, only myself. And I haven't been, because I didn't expect much from Hardesty to begin with. As for the TR trade, I didn't really want TR but I also didn't really want anyone else in the top 5 so I'm not complaining.

    It's not that I don't value them, it's that you are valuing them too much.

    I believe it's you who's not paying attention. We're playing rookies drafted all over the board not because of how amazing we've drafted but because of..as I said before...the severe lack of talent we have. Anyone can take a team, cut the oldest players, and then claim to go from the "oldest to youngest", like it means anything at all. What matters is if those youngsters actually do end up contributing, instead of just starting because there's no one else.

    I'm sure you weren't saying the same thing over Greg Little when we wasted a second round pick on a "damn project that's only played one year of competitive football". If you're going to blow your load over Heckert's drafting ability, you can't then chastise someone for suggesting we do something that Heckert has already done once before .

    Heckert has done some great things in the draft, but he's also no draft God. He's made some mistakes, namely not firing on a WR in this draft until it was too late and they were all gone. At first I convinced myself it was because they were happy with Little and MoMass, but now I believe they just missed the boat. This could be their chance at rectifying that mistake.

    @the-gipper said:

    Why are you convinced that MoMass is going to be a starter again? Hell, I think he has to have a good training camp just to maintain a roster spot. The release of Brian Robiskie shows that H&H are not above cutting their losses if they think a guy cannot cut the mustard.

    Everyone said the Browns didn't go for a WR high enough in the regular draft. We have to trust Heckert enough if he takes this Gordon to believe that he has something real.

    I mean, not one of us has Heckert'ss resume such that we should second guess him if he thinks this guy is worth a 3-4th round pick. If they pick him, I think MoMass is definitely on the bubble for keeping a roster spot..

    Because there's no one else on the roster who's actually better than him except for Little, which is scary.

    MoMass has at least recorded stats, Robo was just horrendous.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, I agree, the Browns third round picks have been horrendous. We should probably have 4-5 starters on this team that were 3rd round picks, instead we are lucky to have one. Thus, why not go for it if you think this guy is worth a chance. By "you" I mean Heckert who will make this decision.

    THat's what I'm saying. Why is everyone coveting these third round picks that we have, when we've done jack squat with them. It's not like we're just throwing it away. How is drafting a project WR in the supplemental any different than drafting a project WR in the real draft?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Heckert has done some great things in the draft, but he's also no draft God. He's made some mistakes, namely not firing on a WR in this draft until it was too late and they were all gone. At first I convinced myself it was because they were happy with Little and MoMass, but now I believe they just missed the boat. This could be their chance at rectifying that mistake.

    that and not landing a top tier LB in a draft laden with them. i thought with that many picks the quality of the players selected might be alot higher. i mean after TR and weeden, heckert's picks will be lucky to make the practice squad.

  • He also scored high on his Wonderlic and passed a surprise drug test.

  • Then, ran a 4.52 and put up 13 reps.

    We gotta get this guy!!!

  • @choco said:

    " if he can keep his head on straight."

    thats a very big IF.....and certainly a risk in the 3rd. mitchell has all the measureables as well.....

    I mean, the guy just got arrested once for marijuana possession, then got held up by the transfer process when he went to Utah. It's not like he was out fingerpopping hooker's buttholes to get his hands on rock or shiping 6 pounds of weed cross country.

    I was as big a Mitchell fan as anyone, but he's had a couple years now and hasn't shown anything.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I was as big a Mitchell fan as anyone, but he's had a couple years now and hasn't shown anything.

    pass on Gordon this time >> too many cooks in the kitchen.

    hopefully this will be Carlton Mitchell's year >> boom or bust for him i suspect.

    he finally started dressing in 2011 and caught some balls late in the season when Seneca was under center. (nothing implied there re: QB for any looking.)

    here's his 2011 contributions:

    more vids of current Browns players here>>and if you're like me enjoy getting nothing done today. 😁 😄

    where were these about 2 months ago?? damn. 😎

  • Going into this year's draft what were the things that we all said were a priority for this team?: A RT, a RB, a QB, a WR, LB help, DB help. All that was addressed, some in a big way, some in a smaller way.

    Coming out of the draft what have we said is still the Browns biggest priority?: Help at WR.

    Now, the question is, do we wait until NEXT year's draft to get that help? Do we pick up a veteran FA.....or can we use next year's draft pick to draft a quality, needed WR right now?

    I say, if the guy is worth it, get him now. The question is: is Josh Gordon worth a 3r/4th, even 2d round pick. Again, I have to defer to the talent experts running the Browns to answer that question. Does anyone know if this guy will be another Robo, or a Mike Wallace type? I don't. I doubt any of you really do. Let Heckert do his job.

  • When I heard all the talk about a WR in the supplemental draft I got a little excited. But, I don't know if this guy is going to be any better than what we already have. I see Greg Little beasting out this year and taking a really big jump forward. This would seem to imply that Momass will also break out, since his best season was when he lined up opposite Braylon Edwards. I think Little could be just as good as BE was and then some. Also Cribbs is coming alone very well for a Wideout. He's gotten better at routes and he catches the ball very well, very smoothly. Add in Mitchell, who is an unknown as of yet and Norwood, who came along and started getting mixed in towards the end of last season. New additions such as Travis Benjamin and Josh Cooper add some more to get excited about. I can't wait to see more of Evan Moore and Jordan Cameron whom I think are both capable and playmaking ball-catching TEs!

    I just don't want to jump overboard and miss out on a stud that could be waiting for us to take at the spot we give away this year. We already added 2 1st rounders and a stud RT. I know our O was bad last year but I don't think it was that bad. I chalk it up to a first time HC/OC and no OC at all. First year in the system and a shortened offseason in which to implement it in. I guess we'll see but I'm still calling it Brown's Brothers... Playoffs!

  • When I heard all the talk about a WR in the supplemental draft I got a little excited. But, I don't know if this guy is going to be any better than what we already have. I see Greg Little beasting out this year and taking a really big jump forward. This would seem to imply that Momass will also break out, since his best season was when he lined up opposite Braylon Edwards. I think Little could be just as good as BE was and then some. Also Cribbs is coming alone very well for a Wideout. He's gotten better at routes and he catches the ball very well, very smoothly. Add in Mitchell, who is an unknown as of yet and Norwood, who came along and started getting mixed in towards the end of last season. New additions such as Travis Benjamin and Josh Cooper add some more to get excited about. I can't wait to see more of Evan Moore and Jordan Cameron whom I think are both capable and playmaking ball-catching TEs!

    I just don't want to jump overboard and miss out on a stud that could be waiting for us to take at the spot we give away this year. We already added 2 1st rounders and a stud RT. I know our O was bad last year but I don't think it was that bad. I chalk it up to a first time HC/OC and no OC at all. First year in the system and a shortened offseason in which to implement it in. I guess we'll see but I'm still calling it Brown's Brothers... Playoffs!

    @poeticg said:

    When I heard all the talk about a WR in the supplemental draft I got a little excited. But, I don't know if this guy is going to be any better than what we already have. I see Greg Little beasting out this year and taking a really big jump forward. This would seem to imply that Momass will also break out, since his best season was when he lined up opposite Braylon Edwards. I think Little could be just as good as BE was and then some. Also Cribbs is coming alone very well for a Wideout. He's gotten better at routes and he catches the ball very well, very smoothly. Add in Mitchell, who is an unknown as of yet and Norwood, who came along and started getting mixed in towards the end of last season. New additions such as Travis Benjamin and Josh Cooper add some more to get excited about. I can't wait to see more of Evan Moore and Jordan Cameron whom I think are both capable and playmaking ball-catching TEs!

    I just don't want to jump overboard and miss out on a stud that could be waiting for us to take at the spot we give away this year.

    What if this guy IS a stud? Then by not taking him, we do miss out on a stud. I don't know if he is or isn't.....let Heckert figure it out. All I am saying is that we all think that in the next draft a stud WR will be a priority, right? So if we have one sitting in front of us grab him now and get our next year's draft pick a year early..

    A good question is: how would he compare to the top WR prospects that would be available in next year's draft?

    Any thoughts on that, by anyone?

  • Schefter just tweeted. Browns take Gordon in 2nd. I like it.

  • Risky, but I hope it pans out. And based on our success with 2nd round WR's thus far, I'm not sure it isn't a reasonable risk.

  • 😎 Cool! Welcome Josh Gordon... Could be a STUD! Let's hope!
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I was as big a Mitchell fan as anyone, but he's had a couple years now and hasn't shown anything.

    pass on Gordon this time >> too many cooks in the kitchen.

    hopefully this will be Carlton Mitchell's year >> boom or bust for him i suspect.

    he finally started dressing in 2011 and caught some balls late in the season when Seneca was under center. (nothing implied there re: QB for any looking.)

    here's his 2011 contributions:

    more vids of current Browns players here>>and if you're like me enjoy getting nothing done today. 😁 😄

    where were these about 2 months ago?? damn. 😎

    @sisky-fringo said:

    pass on Gordon this time >> too many cooks in the kitchen.

    hopefully this will be Carlton Mitchell's year >> boom or bust for him i suspect.

    he finally started dressing in 2011 and caught some balls late in the season when Seneca was under center. (nothing implied there re: QB for any looking.)

    here's his 2011 contributions:

    more vids of current Browns players here>>and if you're like me enjoy getting nothing done today. 😁 😄

    where were these about 2 months ago?? damn. 😎

    Why are people still talking about Carlton Mitchell like he's going to amount to something in the NFL? He barely saw the field on a team with the worst WR corps in the league, he can't catch and he can't stay healthy. Moveon.org