Weeden Smart With Money
-
Weeden's looking to skip the bankruptcy club. In response to the stats that 78 percent of the players that leave the league after three or four years are not financially stable and deal with bankruptcy issues:
“I’ve been smart with my money. I’ve been smart in all my decision-making,” Weeden said. “I heard a lot of the same stuff going back to my rookie year in baseball 10 years ago. I’m still living on my baseball money, so I’ve done things right. I didn’t get a ton of money playing baseball. Fortunately, I’ve got a wife that’s really smart financially, really frugal and she doesn’t go out and spend it for me. We’ve both got our heads on our shoulders and we want to be set for our kids and for the future.”
I think that's great. I hope it means he will make smart decisions on the field too. The more I see of this guy, the more I like him. (and I wish my wife would become friends with his wife, lmao).
-
He's good with money because he started collecting a pension 7 years ago.
-
card carrying member of the AARP.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
I guarantee you he is smart with the football, too.
wut cinda garanT?
-
It doesn't take a lot to not go bankrupt with the kind of money they're making.
Don't go out and buy 15 cars or a mansion the size of New Hampshire, don't do stupid stuff with your "posse", be careful with your investments. Worst case scenario, put half of it in a savings account.
Good on Weeden for doing stuff the right way.
-
LOL, it DOES take a lot. A lot of planning, effort and DISCIPLINE. Jocks, how do you say this politely, are only sometimes at the top academically. I've met pro athletes, and even without being a financial planner have felt the urge to beg them to let me manage their finances. It's just a shame when you see them blowing it all or getting ripped off.
But actually, "intelligence" and discipline are very separate things and they don't necessarily go hand in hand. Many a college graduate belong to the bankruptcy club too.
-
plus those social security checks aint nothing to sneeze at.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login