Why The Anomoly
-
Now, lets look at stats for the Offense:
Passing:
Yards: Ranked 24th 320/570 for 3090 yds
TDs: 27th with 16 TDs
TD%: 28th
INTs given up: ranked 8th in fewest Ints.
Yards per attempt: 31st 5.8
Yards per catch: 32d 10.3
Yards per game: 24th at 193.1
QB rate: 29th at 72.8
Sacks: 18th in fewest sacks allowed
Rushing:
Attempts: 21st with 415
Yards: 28th with 1531
Rushing TDs: 32d with only 4 TDs
Yards per att.: 31st 3.7
Yards per game: 28th 95.7
Fumbles lost: 18th with 22 lost
Overall:
Points scored: 30th with 1218
Yards: 29th with 4621
Yards per play: 30th with 4.5
First downs: 25th with 278
Is this poor performance the talent? Or the System? Or some of both?
How confident can we be that the infusion of talent: QB/RB/2 WRs/RT/maybe FB/maybe RG will vastly improve these numbers.....and if so, how soon?
-
-
IMMEDIATE and TREMENDOUS IMPROVEMENT ON OFFENSE.
As goes a QB, so goes the team. Colt McCoy put everyone to sleep. The team gave up the ship in game 1. Nobody ever believed in this kid. He needs to be released so that his negative aura doesn't drag the team down, even as he will be #3 and on the bench.
The guy is a downer. I get constipated just thinking about him taking another snap. Choolie
**************************************************************************
Look, Mr; Ghoolie sir, dammit, but every qb since '99 has done the same thing. It just was not a functioning offense, for lack of blocking.
You get those guys up front on the oline, and genuine football CAN get played. I hope Pashos can get healthy and play somewhere,
but the Browns FINALLY look like they will have a complete cast on offense - we'll see about how the wr's do.... We've had giant DA arms (and big feet and no smarter than pond scum) etc,
and older successful veterans, and young players at qb....
We've had prima donna "STuper-stars" like Wailin Braylon at wr. It's when you get the blocking up front that the offensive crap is ABLE to go away.
We have that now. The Browns FINALLY have a FO and coaches that KNOW that the oline isn't a dime a dozen. Seneca Wallace needs to go, and
it will be a different Colt who shows up behind center. He'll have serious blocking. But, nobody is saying that Weeden is not the stud at qb.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
IMMEDIATE and TREMENDOUS IMPROVEMENT ON OFFENSE.
Is it? Perhaps. If the problem was, indeed, the "Murmur" offense, then the improvement may be slight and we will know that it is the system, not the personell. I hope you are right though.
-
Seriously, what do you want? The browns to sign megatron and Larry Fitzgerald? Give the kid a chance and stop being so pessimistic. He looks good from where I'm standing.
So u dont think it presumptuous to claim the WR corps fixed by the addition of 2 rookies?
-
The Browns addressed what they needed to this offseason. Outside of the big 2 QBs, Weeden was the best QB available, and would have pushed both RG3 and Luck if he were a little younger. Still a good pick and one that's a definite improvement over McCoy.
I like Trent Richardson, and think he'll be a great back. Thing is, though, that great backs aren't as vital to a team's success as they used to be (Look at AP with the Vikings, CJ2K with the Titans, and MJD with the Jaguars). He will definitely help. Can't argue at all with the pick.
I don't know much about the RT you drafted, so I'm just going to go with the general consensus of the board and say he's an improvement. A good RT can help almost as much as a good LT. Gotta keep those edges safe.
I like Josh Gordon better than Benjamin at WR, I think he'll turn out decent. It probably won't be immediate, but he should be a good receiver. Could make a very good combination with Little. Having him and Weeden grow together will help them both out.
I might not like them as good as I like the Skins roster (just a little good-natured ribbing
) but the Browns have a good group to grow from. Just like the Skins, the Browns won't be the presumptive cellar-dwellers anymore. Our teams are young and very promising, the others in our respective divisions are only getting older. -
The Browns addressed what they needed to this offseason. Outside of the big 2 QBs, Weeden was the best QB available, and would have pushed both RG3 and Luck if he were a little younger. Still a good pick and one that's a definite improvement over McCoy.
I like Trent Richardson, and think he'll be a great back. Thing is, though, that great backs aren't as vital to a team's success as they used to be (Look at AP with the Vikings, CJ2K with the Titans, and MJD with the Jaguars). He will definitely help. Can't argue at all with the pick.
I don't know much about the RT you drafted, so I'm just going to go with the general consensus of the board and say he's an improvement. A good RT can help almost as much as a good LT. Gotta keep those edges safe.
I like Josh Gordon better than Benjamin at WR, I think he'll turn out decent. It probably won't be immediate, but he should be a good receiver. Could make a very good combination with Little. Having him and Weeden grow together will help them both out.
I might not like them as good as I like the Skins roster (just a little good-natured ribbing
) but the Browns have a good group to grow from. Just like the Skins, the Browns won't be the presumptive cellar-dwellers anymore. Our teams are young and very promising, the others in our respective divisions are only getting older.The Browns addressed what they needed to this offseason. Outside of the big 2 QBs, Weeden was the best QB available, and would have pushed both RG3 and Luck if he were a little younger. Still a good pick and one that's a definite improvement over McCoy.
I like Trent Richardson, and think he'll be a great back. Thing is, though, that great backs aren't as vital to a team's success as they used to be (Look at AP with the Vikings, CJ2K with the Titans, and MJD with the Jaguars). He will definitely help. Can't argue at all with the pick.
I don't know much about the RT you drafted, so I'm just going to go with the general consensus of the board and say he's an improvement. A good RT can help almost as much as a good LT. Gotta keep those edges safe.
I like Josh Gordon better than Benjamin at WR, I think he'll turn out decent. It probably won't be immediate, but he should be a good receiver. Could make a very good combination with Little. Having him and Weeden grow together will help them both out.
I might not like them as good as I like the Skins roster (just a little good-natured ribbing
) but the Browns have a good group to grow from. Just like the Skins, the Browns won't be the presumptive cellar-dwellers anymore. Our teams are young and very promising, the others in our respective divisions are only getting older.Well, the Browns are in fact still the presumptive cellar dweller. The other 3 teams made the playoffs and the Browns went 4-12, and now, this year they will have to rely on a rookie dominated offense to make headway.
I believe they will make headway, I just don't really believe they have caught up. The talent gap may have been seriously depleted, but the experience gap is not.
-
The Browns addressed what they needed to this offseason. Outside of the big 2 QBs, Weeden was the best QB available, and would have pushed both RG3 and Luck if he were a little younger. Still a good pick and one that's a definite improvement over McCoy.
I like Trent Richardson, and think he'll be a great back. Thing is, though, that great backs aren't as vital to a team's success as they used to be (Look at AP with the Vikings, CJ2K with the Titans, and MJD with the Jaguars). He will definitely help. Can't argue at all with the pick.
I don't know much about the RT you drafted, so I'm just going to go with the general consensus of the board and say he's an improvement. A good RT can help almost as much as a good LT. Gotta keep those edges safe.
I like Josh Gordon better than Benjamin at WR, I think he'll turn out decent. It probably won't be immediate, but he should be a good receiver. Could make a very good combination with Little. Having him and Weeden grow together will help them both out.
I might not like them as good as I like the Skins roster (just a little good-natured ribbing
) but the Browns have a good group to grow from. Just like the Skins, the Browns won't be the presumptive cellar-dwellers anymore. Our teams are young and very promising, the others in our respective divisions are only getting older.Well, the Browns are in fact still the presumptive cellar dweller. The other 3 teams made the playoffs and the Browns went 4-12, and now, this year they will have to rely on a rookie dominated offense to make headway.
I believe they will make headway, I just don't really believe they have caught up. The talent gap may have been seriously depleted, but the experience gap is not.
Well, the Browns are in fact still the presumptive cellar dweller. The other 3 teams made the playoffs and the Browns went 4-12, and now, this year they will have to rely on a rookie dominated offense to make headway.
I believe they will make headway, I just don't really believe they have caught up. The talent gap may have been seriously depleted, but the experience gap is not.
Well the whole really depends on Weeden, if he isnt a bust then we should make big strides, not saying playoffs but our level of play should be much better. And if he proves to be a legit signal caller then we will surprise some teams this yr.
-
Well, the Browns are in fact still the presumptive cellar dweller. The other 3 teams made the playoffs and the Browns went 4-12, and now, this year they will have to rely on a rookie dominated offense to make headway.
I believe they will make headway, I just don't really believe they have caught up. The talent gap may have been seriously depleted, but the experience gap is not.
Well the whole really depends on Weeden, if he isnt a bust then we should make big strides, not saying playoffs but our level of play should be much better. And if he proves to be a legit signal caller then we will surprise some teams this yr.
Well the whole really depends on Weeden, if he isnt a bust then we should make big strides, not saying playoffs but our level of play should be much better. And if he proves to be a legit signal caller then we will surprise some teams this yr.
Sure, but, as mentioned, nothing will change the fact that the Browns are the "presumptive" cellar dwellers. They will have to go out on that field and beat the teams in their division to not become the "actual" cellar dwellers.
-
On paper, the Browns new offensive weapons may appear to shrink the obvious talent gap witnessed in recent history.
The Browns were competitive in most games last year. A major missing component was the ability to close out tight games.
Hopefully they can get out the gate quickly with a few early wins. This and a strong dose of leadership, sadly lacking recently,
will help with an essential paradigm shift from weekly underchievers to weekly competitors motivated by the taste of victory.
Its on the veteran players and an unproven coaching staff to convince the team they have the juice to crack heads and win.
-
I have a lot of doubts about Shurmer's ability to coach.
-
I have a lot of doubts about Shurmer's ability to coach.
I have a lot of doubts about Shurmer's ability to coach.
this year will tell us all we need to know about every decision H&H have made.
-
I have a lot of doubts about Shurmer's ability to coach.
I have a lot of doubts about Shurmer's ability to coach.
As much as QB, RB, WR, RT etc. were big question marks last year, the Browns at least now have some plausible answers.
But yes, the 800 pound Gorilla in the room is Shurmur's competence. Personally, I think his bad coaching cost the Browns at least 3,4,5 losses.
HE is the Marie Antoinette of this team....head on the chopping block. (If not by H&H, by the fans)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login