Deserving of HOF Status
-
-
Although I agree Kiss deserves to be in the R&RHOF. There's NO WAY they deserve it AHEAD of Alice Cooper who they took their whole schtick from.
The R&RHOF is Jann Wenner's vanity on display. I was excited about it back in '95. I wouldn't think about giving them a dime of my $$$ until they start inducting bands and artists that are long overdue. Yeah, Grandmaster Flash should be in there ahead of Alice Cooper.
There are some good choices on this list. I always knew The Zombies for: Time Of The Season, Tell Her No & She's Not There, but a few years ago I discovered they have a BUNCH of fantastic songs that are very little known. Agree with the Faces too. The Black Crowes and about 50 other bands cop their whole vibe.
Artists that I think deserve to be in the HalL for one reason or another.
Alice Cooper
The Faces
Mott The Hoople
The Zombies
Sweet
Kiss
Thin Lizzy
Joan Jett And The Blackhearts
Deep Purple
....that's without even TOUCHING on the 80's.
Doug
-
I second Alice Cooper & Deep Purple. I've never been to the RR HOF out of principle....Black Sabbath & Zeppelin should have been in as soon as they poured the foundation, look how long it took those bands to get in.
Genesis (with Peter Gabriel) is also overdue.
Too much bubble gum & obscure rock in there, and Joni Mitchell, pleeeeeeez!!!
-
The one I really don't get is Jackson Browne. Some nice songs and a pretty good body of work over the years. Like a lot of other groups or artists.
I really don't watch Awards Shows for the most part but I find them to be more akin to the country club set holding an event to pat each other on the back.
Why are the Monkeys not members of HOF but lesser lights are?
-
Just like the football HOF the voters are worried about being PC...and also there is a huge list of people who deserve and need to be in...and will..
Grandmaster Flash..while not rock pretty much created a style of music all on his own...while most of us do not care for that stlye it did affect the world of rock over time ...so many rock bands were influenced by this movement..and that spun off a whole style of rock...Faith no more,Chili peppers and even guys like beck...
SO while i think cooper was a GREAT frontman he deserves to get in for the showmanship more than anything..and the bands that followed (kiss,manson,slipknot,Gwar)...its kind of like a coaching tree..
-
Just like the football HOF the voters are worried about being PC...and also there is a huge list of people who deserve and need to be in...and will..
Grandmaster Flash..while not rock pretty much created a style of music all on his own...while most of us do not care for that stlye it did affect the world of rock over time ...so many rock bands were influenced by this movement..and that spun off a whole style of rock...Faith no more,Chili peppers and even guys like beck...
SO while i think cooper was a GREAT frontman he deserves to get in for the showmanship more than anything..and the bands that followed (kiss,manson,slipknot,Gwar)...its kind of like a coaching tree..
Grandmaster Flash..while not rock pretty much created a style of music all on his own...
For what its worth, I almost fell off my chair the first time I heard, "The Message". Talk about a MONSTER!!
-
Agreed...it was such a cool thing they did rhythmically back then..now its a formula..over hyped..over produced...back then it was more honest and sincere than that...and i dig it!
-
I think the biggest omission to the RRHOF is Paul Rodgers.
The "Voice" needs to be in there one way or another.....Free....Bad Company....now Queen
-
I read a funny story about him..That he is a karate kicker...many black belts or something like that..
He used to drink a lot..and then kick the sheit out of his band mates...i just laugh thinking about that..
...Lets add a double chorus after the bridge then..no no...a double chorus is for pop whores <THWACK THWACK> concussion...end of band.
Regardless he is a GREAT singer
Also one other good sized band he fronted was "The Firm".."radioactive" was a solid hit...and even with Jimmy Page in the supergroup Rodgers played the lead guitar solo on that radio tune.
-
I loved both of those "The Firm" albums. "The Firm" & "Mean Business." In fact I saw The Firm live in '84 at the good ole Richfield Coliseum. EXCELLENT show!
Rodgers also did a one off "band" disc with Kenny Jones called "The Law" which was really good. That was around 1990 or so. Rodgers solo stuff isn't bad either. He's got about 5 or 6 of them. "Cut Loose" from '83 is great and his "Muddy Water Blues" disc from the 90's is superb. On that he has different guest lead guitar players on every song: Jeff Beck, Brian May, Slash, Gary Moore, Buddy Guy, Brian Setzer etc. VERY good disc.
Doug
-
I love Paul Rodgers,,..incredible voice...but keep in mind ...its the "Jan Wenner" HOF&M......I really think TOTO deserves induction...Just the musicians alone in TOTO should be inducted...They were in and performed on so many hit records and Albums its a joke...They were the ones who actually directed and produced the albums while the Producers and Execs were all out partying shoving coke up thier noses while taking all the credit.....Its really a crying shame.....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login