Reporters And Analysts Showing Browns No Respect
-
just read 2 more articles that have the browns winning less games than last year.
i predicted at least the same record as last year after seeing this year's schedule. these guys just plain out think the browns are going to stink this year.
i don't care if we only win 2 games as long as i see improvement on offense. i think our defense will get exposed this year, besides DQ who do we got at LB?
-
...when we win....then they will be swingin' from deez...thats why I'm big on the locals...rizzo, grossi, jimmy, doug, bernie, vic...
-
well according to these geniuses the browns winning is still a long ways a way.
i say after next year's draft we will be vying for AFCN title in 2013.
until then these guys can suck it.
-
The browns have decent talent available now but its raw talent and combined with an unknown and somewhat questionable HC that may or may not be up to the job, now add in that we have a very rough schedule and are in the afcn to begin with and it makes it an easy and obvious choice that the browns are going to suck yet again for the press guys...
I myself think we will do better than most outsiders think if shurmur can somehow put it all together but with this schedule and so many unknown factors it could all go south as well..
The one thing that seems certain is that we are on the right path and for once regardless of how well we do this year we will be better for it next year..
-
They just go by the numbers. We are fans.
Once we show something, the tide will change. Until then, don't worry about it.
Really, why should they??
-
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1263681-cleveland-browns-brandon-weeden-needs-help-to-win-in-2012
Ugh. I want to shove crow down their throats...
-
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1225475-afc-north-which-teams-will-reach-ten-wins-in-2012
I posted the wrong link above... This is the UGH one... bastards...
-
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1225475-afc-north-which-teams-will-reach-ten-wins-in-2012
I posted the wrong link above... This is the UGH one... bastards...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1225475-afc-north-which-teams-will-reach-ten-wins-in-2012
I posted the wrong link above... This is the UGH one... bastards...
Sounds about right. 4-5 wins most likely.
-
They just go by the numbers. We are fans.
Once we show something, the tide will change. Until then, don't worry about it.
Really, why should they??
-
Short attention spans were saying the same thing about the Bengals last year- rookie qb & wr. going nowhere.
A lot of those comments came from the same people in here. The Bengals rookie QB and WR spell disaster. But when the Browns draft a rookie qb and wr, it's superbowl time baby. Lol. The super optimists in here are great. They give a fresh air of hope along with a great amount of humor.
I hope we can win more than 4 games this year. It's too hard to tell how good we'll be with so many new pieces at starting positions on the offense.
-
I can completely understand the national media not giving the Browns respect considering they still have to earn it, but what I don't understand is how every single one of them admits to how the Browns have obviously gotten better over the offseason but expect us to lose more games this season than we did last season. In all honesty our schedule this year is not much hard than last year. The only difference is that last years schedule initially looked easy but ended up being one of the hardest in the league. I think a Bengals like season is possible for us but I don't expect it. Right around 4-6 wins is what I am thinking we can pull off. But if you look at the Bengals last season they compare well to where we are at now. Solid defense. Check. Lost franchise QB and #1 WR then added them through the draft. Weeden and Little/Jordan. Added key piece to O-Line in draft. Schwartz. Only difference is they went into the season hoping their aging RB could put up another 1000+ yard season and he did while we are going into the season with a guy who is going to be in contention for the OROY. So could we pull of a magical 9-10 win season and end up in the playoffs. I don't see why not, but then again I'm not going to hold my breath.
-
Bacvk in the day, I don't remember one sportswriter predicting the Rams would to to the superbowl after a losing season.
But the Browns are building a solid team that can be there for years.
I couldn't care less that most/all writers will not jump on board, ... until the Browns actually do.
That's goo, they will be stunned to see the impact of the Browns this season.
-
We don't deserve as much respect as you guys want. What we have is a TON of potential. Seasons aren't built on potential though. They're built on what you can do on the field. So far we have a bunch of guys who are rookies and have ZERO minutes playing in the NFL. We've had potential before and look where it's gotten us. I'm not saying we will win 2 games or less but we haven't proven anything yet. Let's look at the facts:
We have a potentially great running back in TR and a big arm, supposedly smart QB. Looks great on paper but we need to see how they develop. Our WR got better but they need time to get used to this offense. It may be a year or two before we see them play at the level some people have them at now.
Our defense got worse this year. We will miss Phil Taylor badly in the middle and we essentially got worse at CB and LB by not signing anyone. We will struggle with the run and pass again this year.
Although I am pumped more for this season than any other in recent memory, I am not as optimistic. I still think we win between between 4-6 games. We have a lot of hopes and dreams on this team that will need time to turn into a well oiled machine. Bottom line: until we prove that we can win with these guys, we will continue to be a punch line. Period.
It's time to put up or shut up. I just hope that we answer the bell.
-
Also, as far as Weedon's performance this season goes, I would be thrilled if he had a season like Andy Dalton did last year. I don't think anyone could complain about that.
-
Rams go from 4-12 to SB victory.
Pats go from 5-11 to SB victory.
Steelers go from 6-10 to SB victory.
I am not saying this could be the Browns fate. Any team whose offense will be rookie dominated SHOULD NOT be considered a contender. But then, as some of you pointed out, that happened with the Bengals last year.
So, who knows. If the Browns have a bad year, then they will be in a position to draft the biggest Badass LB or DE or CB coming out. If not, then their moves will have paid off this year.
-
It's Bleacher Report, I wouldn't put too much stock in anything they put out.
-
It's Bleacher Report, I wouldn't put too much stock in anything they put out.
It's Bleacher Report, I wouldn't put too much stock in anything they put out.
yeah but at least they report on the browns. besides this forum and them there is no one else saying squat about the browns.
it's been like this for years even when we were a good team with kosar at the helm. i had just moved to ny and in every sporting goods store they'd have jets and giants jerseys (of course) along with bandwagon teams cowboys, steelers and even some dolphins and broncos stuff. believe me i've been across this country a half dozen times and anytime i stop in a city i search out the local modells or whatever sports stores they have and have never seen a browns shirt, hat or jersey outside of ohio.
no respect.
-
It's Bleacher Report, I wouldn't put too much stock in anything they put out.
yeah but at least they report on the browns. besides this forum and them there is no one else saying squat about the browns.
it's been like this for years even when we were a good team with kosar at the helm. i had just moved to ny and in every sporting goods store they'd have jets and giants jerseys (of course) along with bandwagon teams cowboys, steelers and even some dolphins and broncos stuff. believe me i've been across this country a half dozen times and anytime i stop in a city i search out the local modells or whatever sports stores they have and have never seen a browns shirt, hat or jersey outside of ohio.
no respect.
yeah but at least they report on the browns. besides this forum and them there is no one else saying squat about the browns.
it's been like this for years even when we were a good team with kosar at the helm. i had just moved to ny and in every sporting goods store they'd have jets and giants jerseys (of course) along with bandwagon teams cowboys, steelers and even some dolphins and broncos stuff. believe me i've been across this country a half dozen times and anytime i stop in a city i search out the local modells or whatever sports stores they have and have never seen a browns shirt, hat or jersey outside of ohio.
That is because they are all sold out?

no respect.
Nothing winning won't cure.
-
I'm new on here so go easy. Being a Browns fan in the UK means I don't get to see many live games unless we are playing one of the media loved teams. Anyway, the point I wanted to make is that we view things through Browns colored glasses where as the rest of the fans and 'experts' see a team that's easy to ridicual and as yet has never left them with egg on their face.
I'm personally excited by the players we have brought in. At least we now have a few guys on the roster who the opposition have to respect and it was always going to take more than one draft to fill our multiple areas of need. However until this team hits someone hard all we have is a bunch of young kids who have as much chance of failing as succeeding next season.
I really think we can have a team to be proud of in the near future but at this point in time with a young unproven team and an embarrassing recent history no one has any reason to show us respect.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login