Skip to content

Training Camp 2012

The Browns Board
7 5 636
  • First off, let's all pray for no major injuries this year... please!!

    Second, what is everybody most interested in hearing about/seeing from the Browns camp?

    Third, which rookie (outside of TR) will make the biggest splash this year in camp?

    Lastly, who is the "underdog" that steps up and makes the team, and who's spot do they take?

    Any other thoughts / questions / updates are more than welcome...

  • My thoughts...

    I am most interested in hearing about the WR position and the progress / lack of progress that we get from that position, especially whether or not Josh Gordon looks like starter material THIS year.

    I would not be surprised if the biggest rookie impact comes from James-Michael Johnson, especially considering his potential and versatility for our fairly-weak LB corps. I obviously think the biggest splash however will be from Weeden both from the talent and leadership standpoints.

    Lastly, I'll be rooting for a young UDFA by the name of Johnson Bademosi, safety from Stanford. He ran a 4.35 40 at his pro-day and had a solid collegiate career. I believe his speed and potential land him as our 4th safety and takes Ventrone's place on ST.

  • Weeden is the one I want to hear about. If he sucks the FO will be out very quickly and we will be frickin miserable just like the past decade. Although the camp for Gordon will be interesting as well, he's not an underdog so I will be no surprise if he is starting day one. I think Smelley (sp?) will take Marecic's spot, its one thing for Colt to have a concussion, but its another for a guy who looks for contact. Can't depend on this guy to be there every week.

  • First off, let's all pray for no major injuries this year... please!!

    Second, what is everybody most interested in hearing about/seeing from the Browns camp?

    Third, which rookie (outside of TR) will make the biggest splash this year in camp?

    Lastly, who is the "underdog" that steps up and makes the team, and who's spot do they take?

    Any other thoughts / questions / updates are more than welcome...

    @thenew23 said:

    First off, let's all pray for no major injuries this year... please!!

    Too late, Phil Taylor already out for a lengthy time.

    Second, what is everybody most interested in hearing about/seeing from the Browns camp?

    More interested in what they show in games....but obviously position battles/roster spots will be highlighted.

    Third, which rookie (outside of TR) will make the biggest splash this year in camp?

    The Sausage King, John Hughes. Everyone outside the Browns camp thinks it was a mistake to have taken him as high as they did. He proves them all wrong.

    Lastly, who is the "underdog" that steps up and makes the team, and who's spot do they take?

    I said it elsewhere: T. Gipson. He has to to live up to that name 😁Replacing Ray Ventrone

    Any other thoughts / questions / updates are more than welcome...

  • Anyone know if/when we'll get pictures and info from the rookie practice today?

  • What is everybody most interested in hearing about/seeing from the Browns camp?

    -Jordan Cameron's progress and how the WR's are doing... I really like this group!

    Which rookie (outside of TR) will make the biggest splash this year in camp?

    -Brad Smelley. He can't be worse than Marecic, hopefully he's the new bruiser leading the charge for TR's TDS!

    Who is the "underdog" that steps up and makes the team, and who's spot do they take?

    -Colt McCoy. I think he makes a strong case for himself and defies the odds and the critics. He takes Wallace's spot... maybe Thad Lewis'.

  • 1. I'm most interested in Josh Gordon, but also a few players like Eric Hagg, Jordan Cameron, and linebackers Emmanuel Acho and James-Michael Johnson.

    2. It'll be either Gordon or Weeden. Gordon is going to be a stud and he'll climb the depth chart quicker than Little did I think. Weeden is going to show off his arm strength and other qualities and show he's going to be a star in this league.

    3. Probably Josh Cooper. The chemistry with Weeden is a great plus to have, plus he doesn't seem to be incompetent like some of the receivers we have. I'm sure he'll bump out one of the other terrible receivers. Mitchell maybe?