Skip to content

Anybody Else Going To The First Practice This Sat? (July 28Th)

The Browns Board
22 14 1.8k
  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #12

    On the official Browns website forum, I found several posts that had quotes and links from media members that were at practice, and in a nut shell, their articles said that Weeden looked awful. Just another day in Browns camp. 😁

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Weeden didn't look awful. He looked new. I couldn't; care less about a few mistakes this flippin early in practices.

    That stuff doesn't matter now. What matters, is Weeden's talent, which is excellent.

  • Weeden didn't look awful. He looked new. I couldn't; care less about a few mistakes this flippin early in practices.

    That stuff doesn't matter now. What matters, is Weeden's talent, which is excellent.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #14

    @calfoxwc said:

    Weeden didn't look awful. He looked new. I couldn't; care less about a few mistakes this flippin early in practices.

    That stuff doesn't matter now. What matters, is Weeden's talent, which is excellent.

    Well, someone I trust sad it looked like Weeden had a Tebow like windup, and a slow release. Missed a few throws too. Care to comment?

    PS it's the first day of training camp, and doesn't mean much. I haven't forgotten Ben Gay looked like the second coming of Leroy Kelly preseason- and went nowhere- except back to his job at Speedway.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #15

    tebow like wind up... Come on now

  • tebow like wind up... Come on now

    B Bills-n-Browns-Fan wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @wrrebel said:

    tebow like wind up... Come on now

    Yeah, no one is as bad as Tebow. Not even Colt.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Tebow liftd like a linebacker, that said he also throws like one

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Well, someone I trust sad it looked like Weeden had a Tebow like windup, and a slow release. Missed a few throws too. Care to comment? Mr. Hoorta

    ********************************

    ???? That's hilarious.

    In the fast paced drill, the qb stands still, and they flip footballs to him as fast as he can throw to a target receiver to his left at a oh, 45 degree angle,

    then straight ahead to another, and then to another to the right at 45 degrees.

    Weeden rapid fired those suckers faster than the other three dramatically. And he was accurate with them.

    There was no wind up nothin. Weeden rapid fire caught the flip, and the ball was on it's way to the receiver target. In the other drills, yeah, he missed a few,

    and it you go back and see Weeden film in college, he certainly looks like an anti-Tebow in throwing motion, to me.

    Good grief.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #19

    EDIT: Sort of belongs in it's own thread, I cleaned it up

    Eric Zeier

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #20

    With all the talk about Weeden being the next Joe Montanya, I found a comment from a Browns fan in an article:

    "PCAurand July 30, 2012 10:55 pm

    I didn't even see Holmgren at practice today. McCoy looks like a better QB than Weeden. Weeden had terrible accuracy no one could catch his passes. As a whole the team did not look very good today."

    Just remember everyone has an opinion. Jake Delhomme looked like he was gonna be on fire when he was playing in preseason. Gotta wait to see the old man throw in a real game.

  • With all the talk about Weeden being the next Joe Montanya, I found a comment from a Browns fan in an article:

    "PCAurand July 30, 2012 10:55 pm

    I didn't even see Holmgren at practice today. McCoy looks like a better QB than Weeden. Weeden had terrible accuracy no one could catch his passes. As a whole the team did not look very good today."

    Just remember everyone has an opinion. Jake Delhomme looked like he was gonna be on fire when he was playing in preseason. Gotta wait to see the old man throw in a real game.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @usfbrown said:

    With all the talk about Weeden being the next Joe Montanya, I found a comment from a Browns fan in an article:

    "PCAurand July 30, 2012 10:55 pm

    I didn't even see Holmgren at practice today. McCoy looks like a better QB than Weeden. Weeden had terrible accuracy no one could catch his passes. As a whole the team did not look very good today."

    Just remember everyone has an opinion. Jake Delhomme looked like he was gonna be on fire when he was playing in preseason. Gotta wait to see the old man throw in a real game.

    Joe Montanya?

    joe-mantegna-01.jpg

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by USFBrown
    #22

    Lol. Its from the movie The Waterboy.