Skip to content

Mr. Lerner Please Stay!

The Browns Board
30 16 2.3k
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG
    #21

    Yo, don't get me wrong. I have been watching the same team as you have for longer than 10 years. I love this team right now. Joe Haden. Rubin, Taylor, Sheard, Benard, DQ, Miava, Momass, Cribbs, Dawson, Thomas, Mack, Ward, Little, Richardson, Gordon, McCoy, Watson, Cameron, Hodges, Weeden, Skrine... okay, it's getting a little thin... of a lesser extent- GoCong, Patterson, Hagg, Pinkston and LavaMan. Smelley looks like a Vickers type to me. Now this is where it gets me... Lawrence Vickers.

    Lawrence Vickers. One of my all time favorite Browns. I bet if we really tried we could bring back Vickers. Imagine Vickers blowing the LB's back 3 yards while Richardson SCOOTS through the hole. What about Hillis and Richardson together... So, I guess I kinda understand where the proponents in favor of selling the team stand. What I don't like about Lerner is that he wouldn't make that executive decision to keep Vickers even when Vickers pleaded to him and stated his case in remaining a Brown. Vickers called on Lerner, and he let Vickers and I both down. So I've changed my decision...

    This is what I don't want to happen. I don't want somebody who has a stake in Pittsburgh. Lerner wasn't what I'd like him to be but at least he had some class. He's just like a Steeler bandwagon Fan but with 'lots more money'. I want somebody who is a Brown... at heart. Even if this guy from Tennesee, that holds stakes in Pittsburgh, that clashes with his monopoly, that suddenly wants a piece of the Browns because we're on the rise... and we have been for a while now. Maybe not in the final score but in that nearly every team that played us, know'd that'd they'd play'd us. We left a mark, and many a times we crippled the Steelers into the playoffs. Maybe we haven't been successful in the wins or whatever, but we've stayed true to Cleveland.

    This is Cleveland. We are on the rise. We are headed in the right direction. Do not blow this FO up. Holmgren - Heckert - Jauron - Childress - "hopefully" Shurmur.

  • Yo, don't get me wrong. I have been watching the same team as you have for longer than 10 years. I love this team right now. Joe Haden. Rubin, Taylor, Sheard, Benard, DQ, Miava, Momass, Cribbs, Dawson, Thomas, Mack, Ward, Little, Richardson, Gordon, McCoy, Watson, Cameron, Hodges, Weeden, Skrine... okay, it's getting a little thin... of a lesser extent- GoCong, Patterson, Hagg, Pinkston and LavaMan. Smelley looks like a Vickers type to me. Now this is where it gets me... Lawrence Vickers.

    Lawrence Vickers. One of my all time favorite Browns. I bet if we really tried we could bring back Vickers. Imagine Vickers blowing the LB's back 3 yards while Richardson SCOOTS through the hole. What about Hillis and Richardson together... So, I guess I kinda understand where the proponents in favor of selling the team stand. What I don't like about Lerner is that he wouldn't make that executive decision to keep Vickers even when Vickers pleaded to him and stated his case in remaining a Brown. Vickers called on Lerner, and he let Vickers and I both down. So I've changed my decision...

    This is what I don't want to happen. I don't want somebody who has a stake in Pittsburgh. Lerner wasn't what I'd like him to be but at least he had some class. He's just like a Steeler bandwagon Fan but with 'lots more money'. I want somebody who is a Brown... at heart. Even if this guy from Tennesee, that holds stakes in Pittsburgh, that clashes with his monopoly, that suddenly wants a piece of the Browns because we're on the rise... and we have been for a while now. Maybe not in the final score but in that nearly every team that played us, know'd that'd they'd play'd us. We left a mark, and many a times we crippled the Steelers into the playoffs. Maybe we haven't been successful in the wins or whatever, but we've stayed true to Cleveland.

    This is Cleveland. We are on the rise. We are headed in the right direction. Do not blow this FO up. Holmgren - Heckert - Jauron - Childress - "hopefully" Shurmur.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @poeticg said:

    Yo, don't get me wrong. I have been watching the same team as you have for longer than 10 years. I've been fired, I've been robbed, I even said used religion as an excuse to not have to work on Sundays. I believe in God, but I'm a sinner and I don't go to church either. I've followed this team since it's birth. It's kinda like my child, my adopted child. I love this team right now. Joe Haden. Rubin, Taylor, Sheard, Benard, DQ, Miava, Momass, Cribbs, Dawson, Thomas, Mack, Ward, Little, Richardson, Gordon, McCoy, Watson, Cameron, Hodges, Weeden, Skrine... okay, it's getting a little thin... of a lesser extent- GoCong, Patterson, Hagg, Pinkston and LavaMan. Smelley looks like a Vickers type to me. Now this is where it gets me... Lawrence Vickers.

    Lawrence Vickers. One of my all time favorite Browns. I bet if we really tried we could bring back Vickers. Imagine Vickers blowing the LB's back 3 yards while Richardson SCOOTS through the hole. What about Hillis and Richardson together... So, I guess I kinda understand where the proponents in favor of selling the team stand. What I don't like about Lerner is that he wouldn't make that executive decision to keep Vickers even when Vickers pleaded to him and stated his case in remaining a Brown. Vickers called on Lerner, and he let Vickers and I both down. So I've changed my decision...

    This is what I don't want to happen. I don't want somebody who has a stake in Pittsburgh. Lerner wasn't what I'd like him to be but at least he had some class. He's just like a Steeler bandwagon Fan but with 'lots more money'. I want somebody who is a Brown... at heart. Even if this guy from Tennesee, that holds stakes in Pittsburgh, that clashes with his monopoly, that suddenly wants a piece of the Browns because we're on the rise... and we have been for a while now. Maybe not in the final score but in that nearly every team that played us, know'd that'd they'd play'd us. We left a mark, and many a times we crippled the Steelers into the playoffs. Maybe we haven't been successful in the wins or whatever, but we've stayed true to Cleveland.

    This is Cleveland. We are on the rise. We are headed in the right direction. Do not blow this FO up. Holmgren - Heckert - Jauron - Childress - "hopefully" Shurmur.

    zzzzzzzzzzz

  • Yo, don't get me wrong. I have been watching the same team as you have for longer than 10 years. I love this team right now. Joe Haden. Rubin, Taylor, Sheard, Benard, DQ, Miava, Momass, Cribbs, Dawson, Thomas, Mack, Ward, Little, Richardson, Gordon, McCoy, Watson, Cameron, Hodges, Weeden, Skrine... okay, it's getting a little thin... of a lesser extent- GoCong, Patterson, Hagg, Pinkston and LavaMan. Smelley looks like a Vickers type to me. Now this is where it gets me... Lawrence Vickers.

    Lawrence Vickers. One of my all time favorite Browns. I bet if we really tried we could bring back Vickers. Imagine Vickers blowing the LB's back 3 yards while Richardson SCOOTS through the hole. What about Hillis and Richardson together... So, I guess I kinda understand where the proponents in favor of selling the team stand. What I don't like about Lerner is that he wouldn't make that executive decision to keep Vickers even when Vickers pleaded to him and stated his case in remaining a Brown. Vickers called on Lerner, and he let Vickers and I both down. So I've changed my decision...

    This is what I don't want to happen. I don't want somebody who has a stake in Pittsburgh. Lerner wasn't what I'd like him to be but at least he had some class. He's just like a Steeler bandwagon Fan but with 'lots more money'. I want somebody who is a Brown... at heart. Even if this guy from Tennesee, that holds stakes in Pittsburgh, that clashes with his monopoly, that suddenly wants a piece of the Browns because we're on the rise... and we have been for a while now. Maybe not in the final score but in that nearly every team that played us, know'd that'd they'd play'd us. We left a mark, and many a times we crippled the Steelers into the playoffs. Maybe we haven't been successful in the wins or whatever, but we've stayed true to Cleveland.

    This is Cleveland. We are on the rise. We are headed in the right direction. Do not blow this FO up. Holmgren - Heckert - Jauron - Childress - "hopefully" Shurmur.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #23

    @poeticg said:

    Yo, don't get me wrong. I have been watching the same team as you have for longer than 10 years. I love this team right now. Joe Haden. Rubin, Taylor, Sheard, Benard, DQ, Miava, Momass, Cribbs, Dawson, Thomas, Mack, Ward, Little, Richardson, Gordon, McCoy, Watson, Cameron, Hodges, Weeden, Skrine... okay, it's getting a little thin... of a lesser extent- GoCong, Patterson, Hagg, Pinkston and LavaMan. Smelley looks like a Vickers type to me. Now this is where it gets me... Lawrence Vickers.

    Lawrence Vickers. One of my all time favorite Browns. I bet if we really tried we could bring back Vickers. Imagine Vickers blowing the LB's back 3 yards while Richardson SCOOTS through the hole. What about Hillis and Richardson together... So, I guess I kinda understand where the proponents in favor of selling the team stand. What I don't like about Lerner is that he wouldn't make that executive decision to keep Vickers even when Vickers pleaded to him and stated his case in remaining a Brown. Vickers called on Lerner, and he let Vickers and I both down. So I've changed my decision...

    This is what I don't want to happen. I don't want somebody who has a stake in Pittsburgh. Lerner wasn't what I'd like him to be but at least he had some class. He's just like a Steeler bandwagon Fan but with 'lots more money'. I want somebody who is a Brown... at heart. Even if this guy from Tennesee, that holds stakes in Pittsburgh, that clashes with his monopoly, that suddenly wants a piece of the Browns because we're on the rise... and we have been for a while now. Maybe not in the final score but in that nearly every team that played us, know'd that'd they'd play'd us. We left a mark, and many a times we crippled the Steelers into the playoffs. Maybe we haven't been successful in the wins or whatever, but we've stayed true to Cleveland.

    This is Cleveland. We are on the rise. We are headed in the right direction. Do not blow this FO up. Holmgren - Heckert - Jauron - Childress - "hopefully" Shurmur.

    Again, as I have said, a majority interest in an NFL team comes on the marketplace maybe two or three times in a decade. Here is the list of owners:

    Arizona Cardinals Bill Bidwill 1 1972 ...but his family has owned it since the 20s

    Atlanta Falcons Arthur Blank† 1 2004

    Baltimore Ravens Steve Bisciotti† 1 2004 ...optioned to buy it in like 1998

    Buffalo Bills Ralph Wilson2 1960

    Carolina Panthers Jerry Richardson††† 2 1993

    Chicago Bears Virginia Halas McCaskey† 3 1983...owned by Halas since 1920

    Cincinnati Bengals Mike Brown3 1991 ...owned by Paul Brown since 1968

    Cleveland Browns Randy Lerner3 2002 ..owned by Al since 1999

    Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones 1989

    Denver Broncos Pat Bowlen† 1984

    Detroit Lions William Clay Ford, Sr. 1964 ..owned by the Ford family for years before this.

    Green Bay Packers Green Bay Packers, Inc. 1923

    Houston Texans Robert C. McNair† 2 2002

    Indianapolis Colts Jim Irsay 1997 ..owned by father since at least late 60s/early 70s

    Jacksonville Jaguars Shahid Khan 2012

    Kansas City Chiefs Clark Hunt†† 3 2006 ..owned by Hunt family since inception in 1960

    Miami Dolphins Stephen M. Ross† 2008

    Minnesota Vikings Zygi Wilf† 2005

    New England Patriots Robert Kraft 1994

    New Orleans Saints Tom Benson 1985

    New York Giants John Mara (50%)4

    Steve Tisch (50%) 2005 ...Giants owned by Mara/Tisch since 20s

    New York Jets Robert Wood Johnson IV 2000

    Oakland Raiders Carol and Mark Davis† 3,5 2011 owned by Al Davis since 60s/70s

    Philadelphia Eagles Jeffrey Lurie 1994

    Pittsburgh Steelers Dan Rooney3 1988 ..owned by Art Rooney since 1933

    San Diego Chargers Alex Spanos†1 1984

    San Francisco 49ers Jed York 1 2009 ..owned by DeBartolo family since 1970s

    Seattle Seahawks Paul Allen 1997

    St. Louis Rams Stan Kroenke 1 2010

    Tampa Bay Buccaneers Malcolm Glazer 1995

    Tennessee Titans Bud Adams2 1960

    Washington Redskins Dan Snyder† 1999

    So, you see, when an NFL teams comes up for sale....the fat cat must pounce.

    Edit note: highlighted ones are teams that had real ownership changes since 2000 (not inherited)...though note: Biscotti option predated 2000.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG
    #24

    I just wish Randy would WAIT a little longer to sell. We are on the CUSP right now of becoming a winning Franchise. Just a little longer Randy and you'll have many more potential buyers, ones that actually CARE about the Browns as more than just some income-stream for some already wealthy guru....

    ...The Cleveland Browns are worth more than that...

  • I just wish Randy would WAIT a little longer to sell. We are on the CUSP right now of becoming a winning Franchise. Just a little longer Randy and you'll have many more potential buyers, ones that actually CARE about the Browns as more than just some income-stream for some already wealthy guru....

    ...The Cleveland Browns are worth more than that...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @poeticg said:

    I just wish Randy would WAIT a little longer to sell. We are on the CUSP right now of becoming a winning Franchise. Just a little longer Randy and you'll have many more potential buyers, ones that actually CARE about the Browns as more than just some income-stream for some already wealthy guru....

    ...The Cleveland Browns are worth more than that...

    No one but an already extremely wealthy "guru" can afford to pay a billion dollars for an NFL franchise.

  • I just wish Randy would WAIT a little longer to sell. We are on the CUSP right now of becoming a winning Franchise. Just a little longer Randy and you'll have many more potential buyers, ones that actually CARE about the Browns as more than just some income-stream for some already wealthy guru....

    ...The Cleveland Browns are worth more than that...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @poeticg said:

    I just wish Randy would WAIT a little longer to sell. We are on the CUSP right now of becoming a winning Franchise. Just a little longer Randy and you'll have many more potential buyers, ones that actually CARE about the Browns as more than just some income-stream for some already wealthy guru....

    ...The Cleveland Browns are worth more than that...

    Read the ESPN article PG. Lerner wants to go over to the UK to be with his real love Aston Villa. Let him go. I don't particularly like the idea Haslam has no ties to the area- but a lot of very successful NFL owners don't either. Jerry Jones is from Arkansas, Pat Bowlen- Wisconsin.

  • B Bills-n-Browns-Fan wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Sale is complete now. The team was sold forr 1 billion $'s. Sorry for ruining your wet dream Poetic G.

    Link

  • @poeticg said:

    I just wish Randy would WAIT a little longer to sell. We are on the CUSP right now of becoming a winning Franchise. Just a little longer Randy and you'll have many more potential buyers, ones that actually CARE about the Browns as more than just some income-stream for some already wealthy guru....

    ...The Cleveland Browns are worth more than that...

    Read the ESPN article PG. Lerner wants to go over to the UK to be with his real love Aston Villa. Let him go. I don't particularly like the idea Haslam has no ties to the area- but a lot of very successful NFL owners don't either. Jerry Jones is from Arkansas, Pat Bowlen- Wisconsin.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @hoorta said:

    Read the ESPN article PG. Lerner wants to go over to the UK to be with his real love Aston Villa. Let him go. I don't particularly like the idea Haslam has no ties to the area- but a lot of very successful NFL owners don't either. Jerry Jones is from Arkansas, Pat Bowlen- Wisconsin.

    Ralph Wilson is from Detroit. Stan Kroenke from Denver. As mentioned elsewhere the DeBartolo/Yorks are from Youngstown.

    And a lot of people have assimilated to whereever their NFL team was, like Bud Adams, Irsay etc. etc.

    Haslam will soon learn to become a NEOpolitan.

  • Hopefully that the team will stay in Cleveland. As that is where they need the Dog Pound as it is called.

    brnfan16B brnfan16 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @jppt1974 said:

    Hopefully that the team will stay in Cleveland. As that is where they need the Dog Pound as it is called.

    No matter what the new ownership wants to do it can't move if they wanted to. There's a iron clad lease on the stadium until 2030. So we can dig in for at least the next 18 years.

  • Somebody shake me... Wake me up from this... say it ain't so, Randy, don't go... 🙁

    Randy,

    You have been here from day "one". Okay maybe your Father was the original owner but you've been around since the beginning. I started my Browns' Fandom in '99 when they came back. We owe a lot to your Father. He "passed"- before we could thank him with a Championship, he passed that on to you. Please, Randy, reconsider. This ship that's been sinking for such a long time, We- the fans, have been right here with you. This is the time, this is the time we finally hit the smooth sailing. It's been a rough stretch of water for some time. We've been through a lot together. Once a Brown, Always a Brown. It means something to ME that you stay to see through what your Father entrusted to you. I think we are getting there, BE STRONG, we have all been tested, all of us fans have considered that we might not have it in us, to be loyal and continue to support THE CLEVELAND BROWNS, yet WE REMAIN loyal and stand ready to take on all-comers. Stand with us Randy Lerner. Give us this last chance to prove that- yes! Once a Brown, Always a Brown! The rough part is over, STAY HERE and let's REDEEM The Cleveland Browns' Legacy TOGETHER! For Your FATHER! THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR THAT IS RIGHT NOW!! GIVE US THIS- THIS LAST CHANCE- FOR ALFRED LERNER!!!

    Signed,

    The Brownies.

    brnfan16B brnfan16 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @poeticg said:

    Somebody shake me... Wake me up from this... say it ain't so, Randy, don't go... 🙁

    Randy,

    You have been here from day "one". Okay maybe your Father was the original owner but you've been around since the beginning. I started my Browns' Fandom in '99 when they came back. We owe a lot to your Father. He "passed"- before we could thank him with a Championship, he passed that on to you. Please, Randy, reconsider. This ship that's been sinking for such a long time, We- the fans, have been right here with you. This is the time, this is the time we finally hit the smooth sailing. It's been a rough stretch of water for some time. We've been through a lot together. Once a Brown, Always a Brown. It means something to ME that you stay to see through what your Father entrusted to you. I think we are getting there, BE STRONG, we have all been tested, all of us fans have considered that we might not have it in us, to be loyal and continue to support THE CLEVELAND BROWNS, yet WE REMAIN loyal and stand ready to take on all-comers. Stand with us Randy Lerner. Give us this last chance to prove that- yes! Once a Brown, Always a Brown! The rough part is over, STAY HERE and let's REDEEM The Cleveland Browns' Legacy TOGETHER! For Your FATHER! THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR THAT IS RIGHT NOW!! GIVE US THIS- THIS LAST CHANCE- FOR ALFRED LERNER!!!

    Signed,

    The Brownies.

    Man are you for real? Getup off your knees are you a red-headed step child or something. Randy go play with your soccer team and whatever diversions you always had except helping the Browns. You won't be missed, Oh and don't let that door hit your ass on the way out...