First Timer
-
As he said....leave C-bus at 6am or so.
Get your tickets as early as you can. The scalpers or working most street corners. Just drive around a bit and holler at them. Remember, the game is sold out and being the opener there will be a bit of demand, so I wouldn't get to picky on what you pay.
Golic's is a pretty good pub to tailgate....on w 6th I think. You can google Cleveland hot spots for pre game parties.
-
Prices plummet after kickoff, though.
-
Hey guys! I'm new to these forums. This is my first post. I'm also a newbie when it comes to Browns home games. I'm a die hard Browns fan and I've lived in Florida my entire life (Dad was raised in CLE and forced the brown and orange on me since day 1). Anyway, I have never been to Cleveland to see a home game and I'm finally going this year. I'm going to the season opener with a few buddies (2 of them being Eagles fans unfortunately). So, I have a few questions...
1. I'm going to watch my alma mater try and take on the Buckeyes the day before in Columbus. It says the drive is about 2 hours and 30 minutes from Cleveland. Obviously the traffic is going to be heavy on a game day, but it's different in every city. So, I'm just trying to figure out a safe time to leave Columbus. I want to tailgate for a bit and I just don't want to be rushed. Any advice would be appreciated.
2. We're a group of single guys, so we're definitely looking to have some fun. Any fun bar and restaurant recommendations?
3. 2 of us have tickets and the other 2 don't. I live 5 minutes from the Tampa Bay Bucs stadium and I see tons of scalpers out n' about on game days. Is it the same for Browns games or should they try and lock up tickets now?
4. I'm in Cleveland until Monday night. Any advice on places to eat and things to do, or any other tips really, would be appreciated.
Thanks! GO BROWNIES!!
TRich&Co said:
Hey guys! I'm new to these forums. This is my first post. I'm also a newbie when it comes to Browns home games. I'm a die hard Browns fan and I've lived in Florida my entire life (Dad was raised in CLE and forced the brown and orange on me since day 1). Anyway, I have never been to Cleveland to see a home game and I'm finally going this year. I'm going to the season opener with a few buddies (2 of them being Eagles fans unfortunately). So, I have a few questions...
1. I'm going to watch my alma mater try and take on the Buckeyes the day before in Columbus. It says the drive is about 2 hours and 30 minutes from Cleveland. Obviously the traffic is going to be heavy on a game day, but it's different in every city. So, I'm just trying to figure out a safe time to leave Columbus. I want to tailgate for a bit and I just don't want to be rushed. Any advice would be appreciated.
2. We're a group of single guys, so we're definitely looking to have some fun. Any fun bar and restaurant recommendations?
3. 2 of us have tickets and the other 2 don't. I live 5 minutes from the Tampa Bay Bucs stadium and I see tons of scalpers out n' about on game days. Is it the same for Browns games or should they try and lock up tickets now?
4. I'm in Cleveland until Monday night. Any advice on places to eat and things to do, or any other tips really, would be appreciated.
Thanks! GO BROWNIES!!
The time you leave Columbus is dependent on how much tailgating you want to do. Yeah- it's about 2 hours and change to get from downtown Columbus to Cleveland- but game day traffic really doesn't start picking up until after 10:30 AM or so.
However- if you want to Tailgate for the Opener, I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to join us. This is going to be the last great blowout before Tailgate Meisters Ed and Don head into semi-retirement- they've been doing this gig since at least 1999. Now if you're young and want to get rowdy- the Muni Lot might be more to your liking- but be advised that lot fills up super early.
There will be Browns fans in attendance from multiple states- as well as multiple countries. We will even accept Beagles fans- as long as they're not obnoxious. Tailgated with a bunch of Jets fans a few years back.
-
make sure u get your tickets ASAP and yes definitely leave early
-
Thanks a lot for your responses. I am really looking forward to watching this new Browns team take the field! So much youth!
-
Prices plummet after kickoff, though.
Prices plummet after kickoff, though.
So, what might I expect to pay (ballpark idea of whats fair?) for a pair of decent seats after kickoff?
-
Prices plummet after kickoff, though.
So, what might I expect to pay (ballpark idea of whats fair?) for a pair of decent seats after kickoff?
So, what might I expect to pay (ballpark idea of whats fair?) for a pair of decent seats after kickoff?
Depends on how much of an asshole the scalper wants to be. Two years ago, we got 3 tickets in the middle level of the dawg pound for maybe $60 total (downtown, before kickoff). The next year, couldn't find anyone who wasn't an asshole, one guy even asked for $100 a piece
Managed to get two tickets for $45 bucks, a little pricier than I wanted to go, but I bought them very close to the stadium. -
6.30am beer bongs, falling into drum kits, banned from local bars, near detah experiences in hotel bathrooms, $200 worth of shots between two in a single night, mysterious orange liquor consumed like a religion, yards of ale, transparent liquor from a jar as a cheeky kickstart to the day..... no we're not a very lively tailgate group - us oldies don't know how to have a good time.
-
Clearly, we can't hang.
Two beers gets us screwed up.

-
I have tickets to three games before it gets feezing gold and plan on tailgating. I will be from out of town so I won't get there until at least 9:30am. I noticed the Muni lot opens at 7am. When does the Muni lot fill up and what is the second best option? West 3rd Street Parking Lot? North Port Authority Parking Lot? The more lively the better.
-
I have tickets to three games before it gets feezing gold and plan on tailgating. I will be from out of town so I won't get there until at least 9:30am. I noticed the Muni lot opens at 7am. When does the Muni lot fill up and what is the second best option? West 3rd Street Parking Lot? North Port Authority Parking Lot? The more lively the better.
I have tickets to three games before it gets feezing gold and plan on tailgating. I will be from out of town so I won't get there until at least 9:30am. I noticed the Muni lot opens at 7am. When does the Muni lot fill up and what is the second best option? West 3rd Street Parking Lot? North Port Authority Parking Lot? The more lively the better.
The Muni is pretty packed at 8am....like basically full. My advice is don't even try to drive in there past 7:30....to many people walking around, cars can hardly move.
-
Prices plummet after kickoff, though.
So, what might I expect to pay (ballpark idea of whats fair?) for a pair of decent seats after kickoff?
-
Here's a tip, take a seating chart.
Like a dumb ass I asked the guy were they were he said lower balcony around the 50.
I didn't even check until we got to the bleachers.
WSS
where should an outta town Bills fan park? any known bills spots from previous years?
I know I know, im part of the enemy...but were friendly fans, and at least were not the steelers!!!!
also, what time do the lots open in Cleveland?
-
Here's a tip, take a seating chart.
Like a dumb ass I asked the guy were they were he said lower balcony around the 50.
I didn't even check until we got to the bleachers.
WSS
where should an outta town Bills fan park? any known bills spots from previous years?
I know I know, im part of the enemy...but were friendly fans, and at least were not the steelers!!!!
also, what time do the lots open in Cleveland?
where should an outta town Bills fan park? any known bills spots from previous years?
I know I know, im part of the enemy...but were friendly fans, and at least were not the steelers!!!!
also, what time do the lots open in Cleveland?
Check what I said elsewhere. I believe the directions for our tailgate can be found on the home page.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login