Skip to content

Josh Gordon Impressing

The Browns Board
15 12 1.8k
  • I hope they let Cribbs return kicks and maybe be the 4th or 5th receiver. Because if the receivers we have can't beat him out, then we have a problem, just like last year

  • I hope they let Cribbs return kicks and maybe be the 4th or 5th receiver. Because if the receivers we have can't beat him out, then we have a problem, just like last year

    @browns149 said:

    I hope they let Cribbs return kicks and maybe be the 4th or 5th receiver. Because if the receivers we have can't beat him out, then we have a problem, just like last year

    Returning kicks doesn't even mean anything anymore. They're practically all touchbacks. I do want him returning punts, though.

  • Now he(Gordon) probably needs to step up with all these injuries/suspensions.

    PS- Gordon, please stay off the Green for a bit.

  • Cribbs is a return man turned WR. He is athletic but he was never expected to be more than a slot guy.

  • He's impressing until he blows out a knee next week or fails a drug test or some other shit. Like clockwork. Things were looking up and shit hits the fan. Again. I want to invent a time machine and kick myself in the nuts the moment I started pulling for the Browns. And just say "that feeling is on endless loop for the rest of your life. Just get used to it now."

  • He's impressing until he blows out a knee next week or fails a drug test or some other shit. Like clockwork. Things were looking up and shit hits the fan. Again. I want to invent a time machine and kick myself in the nuts the moment I started pulling for the Browns. And just say "that feeling is on endless loop for the rest of your life. Just get used to it now."

    @hunt-daddy said:

    He's impressing until he blows out a knee next week or fails a drug test or some other shit. Like clockwork. Things were looking up and shit hits the fan. Again. I want to invent a time machine and kick myself in the nuts the moment I started pulling for the Browns. And just say "that feeling is on endless loop for the rest of your life. Just get used to it now."

    Is that not how it works with all players, especially rookies, that are "impressing." An injury or "some other shit" is always the thing to knock players on. You could say the same thing with Sheard, Jackson, Weedon, etc.... hell you can say that with Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Calvin Johnson.

  • Josh Gordon catches attention with “brilliant” practices

    Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2012, 11:33 PM EDT

    Getty Images

    The Browns took a chance on receiver Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft. While we’re still 20 days away from finding out what he can really do in a real game, he’s looking in practice like a guy who has a chance to be pretty good.

    Steve Doerschuk of the Canton Repository reports that Gordon has looked “brilliant” the last two days in practice.

    Doerschuk points out that the superlative team reflect the Browns’ bell curve at the position.

    “I don’t know if it was noticeable to you guys watching, but the last couple of days, he’s practicing faster,” coach Pat Shurmur said after practice on Monday regarding Gordon. “He’s catching the ball and running with it instead of catching and stopping.

    “He’s learning how to do it better in practice. If we see it here, then it will translate to the game.”

    That will serve only to help the Browns, who are waiting for someone/anyone to step up and be a starting-caliber wideout across from Greg Little.

    Another high praising article on Gordon.

  • God damn I hate Mike Florio, he pounces on the Browns whenever there is something is bad, but never praises us!

  • Sounds good.

    It takes a rook a while for him to see he is just as good as the other guys on the field. Once they get to that point, you start to see them play loose.

    That is why I hope Richardson gets at least a few carries in that last exhibition game. I don't want his first carry against another team to be in a real game.

  • Practice shmactice. I want to see him reeling in catches and running cleaner routes.

  • and if not for practice, he wouldn't be reeling in anything.

  • Have been to a few practices and have disected the games "so far" and as Jim Brown would say he is ordinary. If this team would have had balls they would have picked up Alshon Jeffery in the draft...guaranteed rookie of the year. Do like Benjamin but he needs to put on at least 15 pounds of muscle to protect himself.

    We have to let MoMass go just like Robiskie (having a great preseason in Jacksonville)

    I think we will try to keep Carlton Mitchell or Cooper on the practice squad may be surprising but may let Norwood go.

  • Lmao...i dont know whats funnier...

    Jeffery guarantee or mitchell to the PS