Skip to content

Curiosity

Political Discussion
48 12 1.5k
  • Why, here's another thing I'm curious about.

    What about my idea, to require gun training in schools? I think it got lost.

    I think Alo or Zombo ate it.

    Really, what about requiring kids to attend classes in gun safety and training? Seriously.

  • Space exploration is the only true option for mankind. To go on another thousand years we need to get off the planet, colonize others and mine for resources. An expedition to mars is ok in my book. Baby steps. Now all we have to do is get not only liberals and conservatives working together, but every industrial nation in the world to begin being able to afford it...

  • Newt Gingrich thought about that too, at least to the moon that is. It made sense to the point where private business along with the brilliant minds of NASA can pull this stuff off.

    I totally agree with the new frontier part of this - just way too cool not to do this!

  • Why does shit always have to turn in to Obama shit. This is f-ing amazing. We are spending money are a phenomenal rate, might as well be some star wars shit (wait, that already happened).

  • I wonder about magnet propulsion as a means of interstellar travel. Similar on concept to a bullet train. How far could a super magnet fling you in the limitless vacuum of space? If there's no drag the answer seems to be as far as you want...although something would need to be done about possible collisions

  • How would you get propulsion from the magnets?

  • Repulsion? Electromagnet to dock? I'm not sure, woody, I'm not an astrophysicist. Magnets repel potentially at great speed. It would be interesting to see how long a repulsed magnet keeps up its highest velocity in a perfect vacuum.

  • So Curiosity landed on Mars, and its role is to assess whether or not the environment was viable for microbial life. If it turns out it was, there is a chance it still is. And in that case, we are gathering data for the first manned expedition to the Red Planet. How do you feel about these expenditures?

    @vaportrail said:

    So Curiosity landed on Mars, and its role is to assess whether or not the environment was viable for microbial life. If it turns out it was, there is a chance it still is. And in that case, we are gathering data for the first manned expedition to the Red Planet. How do you feel about these expenditures?

    I thought you were finally coming out of the closet with Bunker.😍

  • Building those steel tracks all the way to mars would be a pain in the ass!

    😮

    WSS

  • Building those steel tracks all the way to mars would be a pain in the ass!

    😮

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Building those steel tracks all the way to mars would be a pain in the ass!

    😮

    WSS

    Why would you need tracks steve? Theotetically on space there's nothing to throw you off course except collision. That you'd need some sort of collision detection system and boosters is a given. Something has to be able to slow it down

  • @westside-steve said:

    Building those steel tracks all the way to mars would be a pain in the ass!

    😮

    WSS

    Why would you need tracks steve? Theotetically on space there's nothing to throw you off course except collision. That you'd need some sort of collision detection system and boosters is a given. Something has to be able to slow it down

    @mr.-sensitive said:

    Why would you need tracks steve? Theotetically on space there's nothing to throw you off course except collision. That you'd need some sort of collision detection system and boosters is a given. Something has to be able to slow it down

    No idea.

    I thought magnets had to repulse against something.....

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Building those steel tracks all the way to mars would be a pain in the ass!

    😮

    WSS

    Why would you need tracks steve? Theotetically on space there's nothing to throw you off course except collision. That you'd need some sort of collision detection system and boosters is a given. Something has to be able to slow it down

    @mr.-sensitive said:

    Why would you need tracks steve? Theotetically on space there's nothing to throw you off course except collision. That you'd need some sort of collision detection system and boosters is a given. Something has to be able to slow it down

    Gravity would like to have a word with you. And Woody's right about the magnets, see the following diagram.

    1285770302993.jpg

  • Yeah, lol. I'm not getting how magnets would work...

  • Yeah, lol. I'm not getting how magnets would work...

    @mld-woody said:

    Yeah, lol. I'm not getting how magnets would work...

    Outside of planetary orbit there's no gravity in space, fellas, that's pretty basic. You'd still have to get out of the atmosphere as you normally would. What's your better idea?

  • @mld-woody said:

    Yeah, lol. I'm not getting how magnets would work...

    Outside of planetary orbit there's no gravity in space, fellas, that's pretty basic. You'd still have to get out of the atmosphere as you normally would. What's your better idea?

    @mr.-sensitive said:

    Outside of planetary orbit there's no gravity in space, fellas, that's pretty basic.

    You're an engineer?

  • You are going to have to explain exactly how you plan on launching and directing the spacecraft with rockets.

    And there is gravity in space. You are always under the influence of gravity no matter where you are. How strong though depends on distance and mass.

  • @mr.-sensitive said:

    Outside of planetary orbit there's no gravity in space, fellas, that's pretty basic.

    You're an engineer?

    @vaportrail said:

    You're an engineer?

    Lol

    is that someone's second account?

  • It's Cysko, I think.

    0f36df929ac9d711a8ba8c5658c3bfee.png

  • It's Cysko, I think.

    0f36df929ac9d711a8ba8c5658c3bfee.png

    @vaportrail said:

    0f36df929ac9d711a8ba8c5658c3bfee.png

    Lol

    Let's turn this into a physics board. Then I'll be right even more often than I am now

  • You'd be surprised though, at how many intelligent people have misconceptions of gravity. Ask people what would happen to a pencil if you're standing on the moon and you drop it.