Skip to content

Moderation

Political Discussion
68 18 3.2k
  • Hi guys.

    Hey T has stepped down as moderator and the powers tyhat be suggested I take over and see how it goes.

    I'm not exactluy sure of his reasons but I'll leave it to him to say. He and I had a talk yesterday, Cal too, and there doesn't seem to be any animosity among us.

    Some of the guys have PMed me asking why I've banned them.

    I have not.

    I haven't done anything as moderator yet and plan to do very little during my tenure.

    Someone else my be trying to sabotage things but I'd hope that wouldn't be the case.

    I'd also hope nobody tries to be so outrageous as to push me to action.

    Nobody I know of dislikes me to that extent. Hopefully.

    Anyway I fully understand some guys will try to be assholes.

    I think the best way to respond is to NOT respond.

    If you yell back they win; that's what they wanted.

    If any topic offends you , just don't read it.

    We need two sides to have an argument and I don't plan to try to stack the deck for the right.

    Remember that there are some you agree with who are idiots and some you disagree with that are very bright.

    And vice versa.

    Remnemvber calls supporting violence can get the law on us and ruin everything.

    If 3rd graders are going to jail for drawing a picture of a gun what do you expect from grown men?

    Anyhow if you're banned it wasn't me.

    Just try not to get too crazy.

    I havemn't been able to send a mass PM but I'm working on it.

    Cheers

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Someone else my be trying to sabotage things but I'd hope that wouldn't be the case.

    ZomboNazi did it.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Someone else my be trying to sabotage things but I'd hope that wouldn't be the case.

    ZomboNazi did it.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    ZomboNazi did it.

    I doubt it.

    I think he has better things to do.

    WSS

  • I don't visit the forum all that much, but when I do can I still call you Steve? 😛

  • Well, in private, I guess...

    Still Your Grace is the proper salutation when there are others around....

    WSS

  • BAN ZOMBLOW

  • I guess I don't spend enough time on the browns side to understand.

    Zombo has been as fair as anyone could be in my experience.

    We are on different sides of the center of the political spectrum but he's never given me any crap.

    The guys that are suspended here are on someone else's s*** list.

    Hopefully they will be reinstated soon.

    WSS

  • My primary account, VaporTrail, has ZERO access to the forums, my profile, the messenger, or anything else. And, I can't find any evidence of posts that I've made in the past. If you send messages to that account, the only way I'll be able to read it is via email notification, and I won't be able to respond to them.

    If you check out my user profile

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=88

    And try to click the posts or topics I've made, nothing comes up. I get this message when I log into that account.

    [#1000B] You are not allowed to visit this forum.

    So I see that I have two unread messages, but can't access them, so I go to my email and find this:

    VaporTrail,

    Mr. T has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "You need disciplined".

    Mr. T said:

    ======================================================================

    You need disciplined for your actions un becoming of a man let alone someone who seeks to be a professional. Dont worry Zombo will clean this shit up for you

    ======================================================================

    I'm pretty sure this is T's doing. So can we make absolutely sure that his moderation abilities have actually been removed. Knowing how much he seems to hate me, heck and woody, I wouldn't put it past him to come back here and periodically ban us just to get under our skin.

    Furthermore, Woody also messaged me that he was banned, but it would appear that he can actually access the boards and messenger. If it wasn't T who did this, then who did? Clearly, he didn't like us, and I'd like to know two things.

    1 - Is Zombo the only one that can restore my account (if it's even possible)?

    2 - How many people got banned?

    Thanks, and I look forward to a forum where everyone is free to state their point of view, no matter where it lies on the political spectrum.

  • No clue as to how to ban suspend or banish anybody.

    Chicopee Z anybody point me to the controls??

    Seems like the Clinton staffers breaking off all the W keys on the white house keyboards on their way out.....

    WSS

  • I guess I don't spend enough time on the browns side to understand.

    Zombo has been as fair as anyone could be in my experience.

    We are on different sides of the center of the political spectrum but he's never given me any crap.

    The guys that are suspended here are on someone else's s*** list.

    Hopefully they will be reinstated soon.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Zombo has been as fair as anyone could be in my experience.

    Wrong. You post anything about his moderation skills he cries like a baby.

  • I got a similar notice also from Mr. T my primary account is also banned until September 1st. Now, I don't necessarily disagree with this, I all but begged to get banned, but if I get banned and vapor gets banned others need to get banned as well, and you all know who you are. Why don't we try posting with a little less animosity and offensiveness across the spectrum, and we can all enjoy this board. If other members continue to be scandalous, offensive and insulting I will also continue to do so...its hard to silence a member with no set ip address, so let's keep it clean and easy and not make this a hostile place for anyone to post. Ok?

  • My primary account, VaporTrail, has ZERO access to the forums, my profile, the messenger, or anything else. And, I can't find any evidence of posts that I've made in the past. If you send messages to that account, the only way I'll be able to read it is via email notification, and I won't be able to respond to them.

    If you check out my user profile

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=88

    And try to click the posts or topics I've made, nothing comes up. I get this message when I log into that account.

    [#1000B] You are not allowed to visit this forum.

    So I see that I have two unread messages, but can't access them, so I go to my email and find this:

    VaporTrail,

    Mr. T has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "You need disciplined".

    Mr. T said:

    ======================================================================

    You need disciplined for your actions un becoming of a man let alone someone who seeks to be a professional. Dont worry Zombo will clean this shit up for you

    ======================================================================

    I'm pretty sure this is T's doing. So can we make absolutely sure that his moderation abilities have actually been removed. Knowing how much he seems to hate me, heck and woody, I wouldn't put it past him to come back here and periodically ban us just to get under our skin.

    Furthermore, Woody also messaged me that he was banned, but it would appear that he can actually access the boards and messenger. If it wasn't T who did this, then who did? Clearly, he didn't like us, and I'd like to know two things.

    1 - Is Zombo the only one that can restore my account (if it's even possible)?

    2 - How many people got banned?

    Thanks, and I look forward to a forum where everyone is free to state their point of view, no matter where it lies on the political spectrum.

    @johnny-bukkake said:

    My primary account, VaporTrail, has ZERO access to the forums, my profile, the messenger, or anything else. And, I can't find any evidence of posts that I've made in the past. If you send messages to that account, the only way I'll be able to read it is via email notification, and I won't be able to respond to them.

    If you check out my user profile

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showuser=88

    And try to click the posts or topics I've made, nothing comes up. I get this message when I log into that account.

    So I see that I have two unread messages, but can't access them, so I go to my email and find this:

    I'm pretty sure this is T's doing. So can we make absolutely sure that his moderation abilities have actually been removed. Knowing how much he seems to hate me, heck and woody, I wouldn't put it past him to come back here and periodically ban us just to get under our skin.

    Furthermore, Woody also messaged me that he was banned, but it would appear that he can actually access the boards and messenger. If it wasn't T who did this, then who did? Clearly, he didn't like us, and I'd like to know two things.

    1 - Is Zombo the only one that can restore my account (if it's even possible)?

    2 - How many people got banned?

    Thanks, and I look forward to a forum where everyone is free to state their point of view, no matter where it lies on the political spectrum.

    The answer to #2 is anyone who disagrees with his politics in any way shape or form.

  • IP BAN EVERYONE

  • A Alo

    IP BAN EVERYONE

    @alo said:

    IP BAN EVERYONE

    Proxy dude.

  • A Alo

    IP BAN EVERYONE

    @alo said:

    IP BAN EVERYONE

    Problem with ip banning is you can't ip ban someone with no static ip address, like say, an Android powered phone that can get the internet from a number of sources...

    On another note, isn't trying to silence everyone you don't agree with something the republicans have charged the president with doing? Hmmm...interesting.

  • I got a similar notice also from Mr. T my primary account is also banned until September 1st. Now, I don't necessarily disagree with this, I all but begged to get banned, but if I get banned and vapor gets banned others need to get banned as well, and you all know who you are. Why don't we try posting with a little less animosity and offensiveness across the spectrum, and we can all enjoy this board. If other members continue to be scandalous, offensive and insulting I will also continue to do so...its hard to silence a member with no set ip address, so let's keep it clean and easy and not make this a hostile place for anyone to post. Ok?

    @mr.-sensitive said:

    I got a similar notice also from Mr. T my primary account is also banned until September 1st. Now, I don't necessarily disagree with this, I all but begged to get banned, but if I get banned and vapor gets banned others need to get banned as well, and you all know who you are. Why don't we try posting with a little less animosity and offensiveness across the spectrum, and we can all enjoy this board. If other members continue to be scandalous, offensive and insulting I will also continue to do so...its hard to silence a member with no set ip address, so let's keep it clean and easy and not make this a hostile place for anyone to post. Ok?

    Yeah, I completely agree. I was being an utter dick, myself, but we all know there were others on the other side of the spectrum doing the same exact shit. Oh yeah, when I registered this account, take a look at what I found in the rules...

    You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

    I'm game for abiding by that if everyone else does, too. Except maybe the sexually oriented thing, seeing as that's a hot-topic in politics. But I'm interpreting that message more as saying "DONT POST PORN"

  • Vaportrail translation:

    whine. whine. whine. whine. you suck. Hey, Steve, if somebody says I suck, ban them. T sucks. everybody sucks. I hate them.

    Steve, if anybody hates me, ban them. Cal is full of crap. He talks to Merlin. Anybody full of crap should be banned.

    '

    Hey, Steve, Cal says I'm full of crap - he should be banned. And Diehard and Bunker have moldy opinions, and they should be banned.

    Hey, Steve - "Cal said I have moldy opinions. That offends me. He should be banned.

    Steve, Fairhooker posted an opinion about Obama my homey that I didn't like. He should be banned.

    It's all Bush's fault, he is a serial killer of panda bears.

    Hey Steve, Bunker said Obamao is a serial killer of panda bears. That is offensive, and I'm not going to shut up

    until he is banned. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc etc etc etc 😠

  • I love how cal doesn't understand the irony in what he's saying. Cal, Woody and I are the only victims of the censorship banhammer. And our accounts are banned by none other than your hero Mr. T, who banned us because he disagrees with what we say.

  • No, you were banned for deliberately and stupidly mucking up the forum.

    Like woody did with inserting garbage into my thread about the Halloween funny story.

    Like T always figured, you two won't quit making hostility and trouble.

    You deserve to be permanently banned, because you keep trying to bait people

    into getting angry, and saying something you can use against them to Zombo and Stan,

    and alodishonest would be delighted to side with you.

    You two want to ramp up the trouble now that you played your stupid garbage to the hilt,

    so you can control the content more and more. forget it.

  • lol, you'd think that Mr. T was some sort of martyr the way you're going on about him.

    The forum administration is completely capable of making their own decisions. T's been abusing his power for over a year. He needed to be removed and he was. Your Halloween story has nothing to do with politics. And now that you see how it's being "defaced," you understand the kind of garbage that we've had to deal with from T. Oh, except for one little thing, the posts we made were actually related to politics. Go figure.

  • I try to be as fair as I can.

    Without calling anyone out personally I think it's obvious that both sides go over the top.

    That's kind of the point in many of these discussions, to p*** the other guy off.

    When you get so angry you lash out with something stupid your opponent wins.

    But we are all similar, left or right, in the fact that as americans we don't like being told what to do.

    Some of this bickering sounds like " mom Billy keeps looking at me!" " Billy stop looking at your sister!"

    WSS