Skip to content

Does The Fact Weeden Hasn't Thrown A Td Pass Yet Concern You?

The Browns Board
22 17 1.4k
  • SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #1

    It is a little concerning to me. The red zone will not be good to the Browns this year.

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Phil Dawson in the 6th round in fantasy.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Weeden has shown he can move the offense downfield rather quickly, he just hasnt been consistent doing it.

    He has had smooth drives and three and outs. Hard to get him in an efficient rhythm.

    I mean, lets not beat around the bush. So far this year, McCoy has shown more Consistency and poise, as expected, than Weeden. However, McCoy still also has shown his inability to stretch the field from the pocket. He always is rolling out to make plays with his feet, not bad, but just not reliable.

    I hope Weeden can adapt to the speed of the pass rush defenses he will be playing. He CANNOT openly fumble every time hes sacked this year.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I was wondering the same thing yesterday, and was going to make a post about it. I guess at the end of the day, it really doesnt matter if he does or does not throw one in the preseason. I guess you look more for progression. He could have possibly thrown one on the next play after Hardesty fumbled, but we will never know. Also I watched Andrew Luck yesterday, and my god is he going to be a great QB.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Luck would have been frustrated as hell if he were with the Browns against the Eagles.

    And McCoy - how does he stretch the field, when he is playing with the second team with no field stretchers?

    and a LT who shouldn't be there because Mack would be a better LT ? Come on. It's preseason,

    and the Browns have a lot of new faces.

    Just hope most of the kinds get ironed out before the regular season.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    What's more concerning to me are the turnovers.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG
    #7

    That is a concern to me, Weeden not throwing for a TD yet, however, when Richardson gets back it's going to be on. Weeden is a big story right now because he's the first rounder out there playing right now. Richardson is the Main Attraction. I'm openly a Colt McCoy supporter but I do have to admit that if Richardson were here and working with the first team in this preseason, Weeden would have looked like Peyton Manning. Richardson brings an element that will bear down and slow down a defense.

    Richardson! Richardson!! Richardson!!!

  • That is a concern to me, Weeden not throwing for a TD yet, however, when Richardson gets back it's going to be on. Weeden is a big story right now because he's the first rounder out there playing right now. Richardson is the Main Attraction. I'm openly a Colt McCoy supporter but I do have to admit that if Richardson were here and working with the first team in this preseason, Weeden would have looked like Peyton Manning. Richardson brings an element that will bear down and slow down a defense.

    Richardson! Richardson!! Richardson!!!

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @poeticg said:

    That is a concern to me, Weeden not throwing for a TD yet, however, when Richardson gets back it's going to be on. Weeden is a big story right now because he's the first rounder out there playing right now. Richardson is the Main Attraction. I'm openly a Colt McCoy supporter but I do have to admit that if Richardson were here and working with the first team in this preseason, Weeden would have looked like Peyton Manning. Richardson brings an element that will bear down and slow down a defense.

    Richardson! Richardson!! Richardson!!!

    Oh man!

  • That is a concern to me, Weeden not throwing for a TD yet, however, when Richardson gets back it's going to be on. Weeden is a big story right now because he's the first rounder out there playing right now. Richardson is the Main Attraction. I'm openly a Colt McCoy supporter but I do have to admit that if Richardson were here and working with the first team in this preseason, Weeden would have looked like Peyton Manning. Richardson brings an element that will bear down and slow down a defense.

    Richardson! Richardson!! Richardson!!!

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @poeticg said:

    That is a concern to me, Weeden not throwing for a TD yet, however, when Richardson gets back it's going to be on. Weeden is a big story right now because he's the first rounder out there playing right now. Richardson is the Main Attraction. I'm openly a Colt McCoy supporter but I do have to admit that if Richardson were here and working with the first team in this preseason, Weeden would have looked like Peyton Manning. Richardson brings an element that will bear down and slow down a defense.

    Richardson! Richardson!! Richardson!!!

    yeah if he can get healthy enough to play. and if he can stay healthy.

    hope heckert didn't blow his load on another glass kneed RB.

  • That is a concern to me, Weeden not throwing for a TD yet, however, when Richardson gets back it's going to be on. Weeden is a big story right now because he's the first rounder out there playing right now. Richardson is the Main Attraction. I'm openly a Colt McCoy supporter but I do have to admit that if Richardson were here and working with the first team in this preseason, Weeden would have looked like Peyton Manning. Richardson brings an element that will bear down and slow down a defense.

    Richardson! Richardson!! Richardson!!!

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @poeticg said:

    That is a concern to me, Weeden not throwing for a TD yet, however, when Richardson gets back it's going to be on. Weeden is a big story right now because he's the first rounder out there playing right now. Richardson is the Main Attraction. I'm openly a Colt McCoy supporter but I do have to admit that if Richardson were here and working with the first team in this preseason, Weeden would have looked like Peyton Manning. Richardson brings an element that will bear down and slow down a defense.

    Richardson! Richardson!! Richardson!!!

    You are a cock smoking faggot.

  • @poeticg said:

    That is a concern to me, Weeden not throwing for a TD yet, however, when Richardson gets back it's going to be on. Weeden is a big story right now because he's the first rounder out there playing right now. Richardson is the Main Attraction. I'm openly a Colt McCoy supporter but I do have to admit that if Richardson were here and working with the first team in this preseason, Weeden would have looked like Peyton Manning. Richardson brings an element that will bear down and slow down a defense.

    Richardson! Richardson!! Richardson!!!

    yeah if he can get healthy enough to play. and if he can stay healthy.

    hope heckert didn't blow his load on another glass kneed RB.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @miktoxic said:

    yeah if he can get healthy enough to play. and if he can stay healthy.

    hope heckert didn't blow his load on another glass kneed RB.

    I try and keep a positive attitude, but following the Browns since I was a kid has made me skeptical to say the least.

  • @poeticg said:

    That is a concern to me, Weeden not throwing for a TD yet, however, when Richardson gets back it's going to be on. Weeden is a big story right now because he's the first rounder out there playing right now. Richardson is the Main Attraction. I'm openly a Colt McCoy supporter but I do have to admit that if Richardson were here and working with the first team in this preseason, Weeden would have looked like Peyton Manning. Richardson brings an element that will bear down and slow down a defense.

    Richardson! Richardson!! Richardson!!!

    You are a cock smoking faggot.

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG
    #12

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You are a cock smoking faggot.

    Why don't you quit hanging from Mine AND Braylon's nutsacks you homophobic homo? 😉

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Richardson won't be able to do shit if the o line continues to suck. My main concern is just that. Not Weeden. He's shown some sparks and I think he will do good if he gets some protection. But you cant run or throw with a swiss cheese o line

  • B brownfish wrote on last edited by
    #14

    not only that but he has been very fortunate he hasn't had at least 4 passes picked off...but they say Dalton sucked in preseason last year too....who gives a crap about Dalton he sucks period!!! The only reason they give Dalton props is that he won a few games but Colt has a stronger arm then Andy and can escape from pressure better...So, basically they are saying Couch sucked in the preseason too so don't worry about Weeden because he won't be the starter past game three...just remember a ton of super bowl teams one the big one after their supposed "starter" went down.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    All I am going to say is look at Dalton's rookie preseason compared to his regular rookie season. After his preseason games were over I was sure that he was going to be a bust. He went through the same growing pains as Weeden is currently going through. His line struggled a lot in the preseason, he still was in the beginning stages of building a report with his top WR, and he was transitioning from a spread offense in college to the more complicated WCO. He came out and shined during the regular season and I have a feeling that Weeden will do the same.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You are a cock smoking faggot.

    Why don't you quit hanging from Mine AND Braylon's nutsacks you homophobic homo? 😉

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @poeticg said:

    Why don't you quit hanging from Mine AND Braylon's nutsacks you homophobic homo? 😉

    If I were afraid of gay people, why would I be on your nutsack?

    The only thing I'm afraid of is seeing our runningback quit the NFL in shame after you break into his house and forcefully assrape him, you creepy fucking hillperson.

  • It is a little concerning to me. The red zone will not be good to the Browns this year.

    W White Dog wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @soju said:

    It is a little concerning to me. The red zone will not be good to the Browns this year.

    When has the redzone been good for us? Hillis is gone and we dont have anyone who can pound it in there.

  • @soju said:

    It is a little concerning to me. The red zone will not be good to the Browns this year.

    When has the redzone been good for us? Hillis is gone and we dont have anyone who can pound it in there.

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @white-dog said:

    When has the redzone been good for us? Hillis is gone and we dont have anyone who can pound it in there.

    uhmm...Richardson... hello? 😎

  • halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
    #19

    It doesn't concern me that much. I can see that he can throw the ball and is improving every week. Hell, Mannings first TD as a Bronco was this week.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Russell wilson was just named the starting qb for the Seahawks. Thats 5 rookie qb starting this year. Its going to be fun watching these guys grow as players.