Skip to content

Roster Moves

The Browns Board
45 23 2.6k
  • Smelley can hopefully replace marceic soon.

    I am going to miss having baby gronk on the team. I thought he played physical and had some good hands. Hopefully that one doesn't come back to bite us.

    I was hoping that Cooper would fair better.

  • Interesting that you call him Baby Gronk, when Dan is the oldest of the Gronk's currently in the NFL. Rob is the youngest at 23. There is apparently a younger brother, supposedly better than Rob, who is tearing up college.

  • Interesting that you call him Baby Gronk, when Dan is the oldest of the Gronk's currently in the NFL. Rob is the youngest at 23. There is apparently a younger brother, supposedly better than Rob, who is tearing up college.

    @thaak said:

    Interesting that you call him Baby Gronk, when Dan is the oldest of the Gronk's currently in the NFL. Rob is the youngest at 23. There is apparently a younger brother, supposedly better than Rob, who is tearing up college.

    baby gronk meaning less established in the NFL. I was hoping he would make it.

  • @thaak said:

    Interesting that you call him Baby Gronk, when Dan is the oldest of the Gronk's currently in the NFL. Rob is the youngest at 23. There is apparently a younger brother, supposedly better than Rob, who is tearing up college.

    baby gronk meaning less established in the NFL. I was hoping he would make it.

    @halfsane said:

    baby gronk meaning less established in the NFL. I was hoping he would make it.

    Me too.

  • Smelley can hopefully replace marceic soon.

    I am going to miss having baby gronk on the team. I thought he played physical and had some good hands. Hopefully that one doesn't come back to bite us.

    I was hoping that Cooper would fair better.

    @halfsane said:

    Smelley can hopefully replace marceic soon.

    I am going to miss having baby gronk on the team. I thought he played physical and had some good hands. Hopefully that one doesn't come back to bite us.

    I was hoping that Cooper would fair better.

    Ahhh...he was a guy who got us excited but in the end is short on talent at this point.

    He might be a prime guy for the practice squad. Sims as well.

    I would have rather kept Wallace, but the reality is Weeden has struggled some, and it is easier to start with Weeden and go back to McCoy if need be. If we started with Weeden then looked to Wallace, it would have been over for Weeden, so I get the move.

    Plus, long term, I think everybody is on board with Lewis, so it makes sense. Lewis bumped Wallace off the team as the real back-up.....not Colt. Colt is gone with the first offer better than a bag of used practice footballs. And....to give the Colt some credit, this may be the thing that jolts him to a new level. I doubt it, but I don't eliminate the possibility.

    Smelley makes the team. He takes Moore's slot because I don't think we could have slipped him on the practice squad. The kid started for Alabama, so he has talent....someone would have scooped him up by morning. He's better than a lot of last players on top NFL teams.

  • Hopefully Cooper makes it through to the practice squad. His hands are going to be missed.

    But if he doesn't..

    I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Tori Gurley, he's an intriguing prospect. At 6'5, 230 lbs, he sure looks the part of an NFL WR. He ran in the low 4.5 range, but the intriguing part is that he didnt drop a pass his entire last season at S.Car. He's a possession receiver, which is something we are lacking even still.

  • couple names i saw so far that got cut from other teams...These are just WR that i'm sure will be picked up for a looksie by others

    Marvin McNutt

    BJ Cunningham

    Chris Owusu

    Marquis Maze

    Danny Coale

    Justin Blackman (not)

  • David Sims apparently wasn't cut but rather traded to the Eagles for an undisclosed draft pick.

  • David Sims apparently wasn't cut but rather traded to the Eagles for an undisclosed draft pick.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    David Sims apparently wasn't cut but rather traded to the Eagles for an undisclosed draft pick.

    1st rounder?????????

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    David Sims apparently wasn't cut but rather traded to the Eagles for an undisclosed draft pick.

    1st rounder?????????

    @browns149 said:

    1st rounder?????????

    Conditional undisclosed pick.

  • @browns149 said:

    1st rounder?????????

    Conditional undisclosed pick.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Conditional undisclosed pick.

    wishful thinking.................. I was JOKING

    Do we have ANYONE on this team that another team would give up a 1st rounder for???????????????????????????//

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Conditional undisclosed pick.

    wishful thinking.................. I was JOKING

    Do we have ANYONE on this team that another team would give up a 1st rounder for???????????????????????????//

    @browns149 said:

    Do we have ANYONE on this team that another team would give up a 1st rounder for???????????????????????????//

    Thomas

    Haden

    Richardson

    almost forgot

    Mr. Taylor

  • Browns cuts: Smelley, Cooper, Cameron, DAniels, Dockery, Gerhart, Green, Gronkowski, Jacobs, Owusu, Alford, Schaefering, Shaw, Shuggerts, Spears, A. Thomas, Tripp, Windsor, Moore, Wallace ... Fujita on suspended list.

  • Sad about Moore not making it through, partly his fault I'm sure but also I think the browns played him on too may 3rd downs only. He always played a better game when he was used more consustently in a series. Let's put in the tall guy TE on 3rd down and throw him the ball always got him covered by Ds. Anyhow - wish him well - I'll never forget his production fresh from the practice squad against theSteelers that cold cold Thursday night when we beat the bastards.

  • Smelley will make it to PS, Cooper too

  • David Sims apparently wasn't cut but rather traded to the Eagles for an undisclosed draft pick.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    David Sims apparently wasn't cut but rather traded to the Eagles for an undisclosed draft pick.

    Liked to have seen Sims stay,seemed to be able to make plays.To bad they could't have traded U.Young instead.

  • Browns 53 Man Roster

    Attached is the current 53 man roster along with all of the cuts.

    If anybody still wants to a fantasy team we had a quitter it group 5. Draft today at 5pm.

  • Browns 53 Man Roster

    Attached is the current 53 man roster along with all of the cuts.

    If anybody still wants to a fantasy team we had a quitter it group 5. Draft today at 5pm.

    @browns57 said:

    Browns 53 Man Roster

    Attached is the current 53 man roster along with all of the cuts.

    If anybody still wants to a fantasy team we had a quitter it group 5. Draft today at 5pm.

    We kept 4 running backs ... what does that say about Mr. Richardson's health?

    We only have three backup OL ... wouldn't be surprised if we add a guard and cut a rb in time.

    Brian Sanford beat out Schaeffering which surprises me a little because Schaeff was versatile inside and out ... but it is probably an upgrade in talent.

    Johnson Bademosi makes the team as a sixth corner ... must have made it to hard to cut him after good game against Bears. wonder if Sheldon Brown beat them all out for starters role again?

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

    Zombo

  • So our depth at SLB is JMJ - great. Our LB unit is woeful and depresses me.

  • So our depth at SLB is JMJ - great. Our LB unit is woeful and depresses me.

    @howiedawg said:

    So our depth at SLB is JMJ - great. Our LB unit is woeful and depresses me.

    yeah. after OL i don't see another thing that needs to be addressed more by the FO next year.