Plan If Shurmur Can't Hack It.
-
saban is a great coach BUT he hasn't been 'caught' yet. somewhere within all those SEC titles and the michigan state tenure has got to be some violation ready to peak it's nasty little head out the closet (why hasn't the NCAA been up the ass of the SEC like it has every other major conference....you gotta ask yourself that question first......homeboys in office?). and to think he'd have the guts to leave alabama to come here, i don't think so. besides would you want somebody here that would coach a year and then bolt to go to a better team/opportunity?
the dude is shady. just ask the dolphin fans.
IF shurmur does go i think haslem might just promote from within. maybe giving the job to jauron. you know, the steeler's way, the business way of doing things.
saban is a great coach BUT he hasn't been 'caught' yet. somewhere within all those SEC titles and the michigan state tenure has got to be some violation ready to peak it's nasty little head out the closet (why hasn't the NCAA been up the ass of the SEC like it has every other major conference....you gotta ask yourself that question first......homeboys in office?). and to think he'd have the guts to leave alabama to come here, i don't think so. besides would you want somebody here that would coach a year and then bolt to go to a better team/opportunity?
the dude is shady. just ask the dolphin fans.
IF shurmur does go i think haslem might just promote from within. maybe giving the job to jauron. you know, the steeler's way, the business way of doing things.
Dude, it's one thing to be jealous that we pound (sec that is) y'alls face in football, but it's entirely off base to incenuate that we are given some sort of treatment. Just about every sec school has been sanctioned in the last 15 or so years. I'm not saying our collective noses are clean, but we "cheat" for better players and are apparently better at it.
Just admit we are the better conference this decade and move on.
-
saban is a great coach BUT he hasn't been 'caught' yet. somewhere within all those SEC titles and the michigan state tenure has got to be some violation ready to peak it's nasty little head out the closet (why hasn't the NCAA been up the ass of the SEC like it has every other major conference....you gotta ask yourself that question first......homeboys in office?). and to think he'd have the guts to leave alabama to come here, i don't think so. besides would you want somebody here that would coach a year and then bolt to go to a better team/opportunity?
the dude is shady. just ask the dolphin fans.
IF shurmur does go i think haslem might just promote from within. maybe giving the job to jauron. you know, the steeler's way, the business way of doing things.
Dude, it's one thing to be jealous that we pound (sec that is) y'alls face in football, but it's entirely off base to incenuate that we are given some sort of treatment. Just about every sec school has been sanctioned in the last 15 or so years. I'm not saying our collective noses are clean, but we "cheat" for better players and are apparently better at it.
Just admit we are the better conference this decade and move on.
Dude, it's one thing to be jealous that we pound (sec that is) y'alls face in football, but it's entirely off base to incenuate that we are given some sort of treatment. Just about every sec school has been sanctioned in the last 15 or so years. I'm not saying our collective noses are clean, but we "cheat" for better players and are apparently better at it.
Just admit we are the better conference this decade and move on.
We? Who are we? There ain't no "we" in a conference. Conferences are for scheduling purposes only....not for rooting purposes.
Alabama can beat the fuck out of Michigan all day every day for all I care. I am an Ohio State fan. The rest of the Big Ten teams can get stompanadoed all day long.
Rooting for a conference is the dumbest ass thing I have ever heard.
Maybe you went to one of those schools, but you didn't attend the "conference".
You root for that school if you wish.
That is as stupid as saying "I am an AFC North fan". Do you see how fucking dumb that is? That would require you to root for the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals.
Fuck them. And fuck all the other Big Ten schools. And if I were a fan of any SEC school I would say fuck the rest of the SEC. I mean, I went to Akron U. Should I root for the other MAC schools? No.
-
There is a we, as in WE, the sec, keep beating the hell out of everyone else. Be bitter or claim to not understand it, but if wisconsin pounded the hell out of bummer or auburn, y'all would get the chuckles, just like I do when the big 10 gets shitbricked by the sec (i won't even go into the mac).
And no, it's not the same as the pros, although I do get your point.
-
There is a we, as in WE, the sec, keep beating the hell out of everyone else. Be bitter or claim to not understand it, but if wisconsin pounded the hell out of bummer or auburn, y'all would get the chuckles, just like I do when the big 10 gets shitbricked by the sec (i won't even go into the mac).
And no, it's not the same as the pros, although I do get your point.
There is a we, as in WE, the sec, keep beating the hell out of everyone else. Be bitter or claim to not understand it, but if wisconsin pounded the hell out of bummer or auburn, y'all would get the chuckles, just like I do when the big 10 gets shitbricked by the sec (i won't even go into the mac).
And no, it's not the same as the pros, although I do get your point.
did you also get a big chuckle when the Steelers won their superbowls? They are in the same "conference" as the Browns you know ...
-
Holmgren was on air today saying pats his guy and they'll work through troubled seasons. Whether holmgren still has a job is the question. If he does pat does, I think.
-
There is a we, as in WE, the sec, keep beating the hell out of everyone else. Be bitter or claim to not understand it, but if wisconsin pounded the hell out of bummer or auburn, y'all would get the chuckles, just like I do when the big 10 gets shitbricked by the sec (i won't even go into the mac).
And no, it's not the same as the pros, although I do get your point.
There is a we, as in WE, the sec, keep beating the hell out of everyone else. Be bitter or claim to not understand it, but if wisconsin pounded the hell out of bummer or auburn, y'all would get the chuckles, just like I do when the big 10 gets shitbricked by the sec (i won't even go into the mac).
And no, it's not the same as the pros, although I do get your point.
you're a SEC ball boy (as in tuggin balls). STFU.
yes we all know the SEC is the best conference in NCAA football right now. and yes it's been that way for a decade. but it all goes in cycles. while you or your daddy were out lynching negroes the big ten was kicking all you sorry redneck asses up and down route 95. conferences go up and down. when was the NFC west last good? exactly.
the NCAA will never go after their bread and butter and right now it's the SEC.
stick to pissin out your trailer window and GTFOH with your toothlees jarble, you slacked-jawed yokle.
-
Well done. Original.
That's like asking a german about tje 40s.
I'm 32, I've never killed anyone.
The yankees' noses were clean during the formation of this country too.
We are superior in football. learn it, love it.
-
Well done. Original.
That's like asking a german about tje 40s.
I'm 32, I've never killed anyone.
The yankees' noses were clean during the formation of this country too.
We are superior in football. learn it, love it.
Well done. Original.
That's like asking a german about tje 40s.
I'm 32, I've never killed anyone.
The yankees' noses were clean during the formation of this country too.
We are superior in football. learn it, love it.
and when you are fifty, the MAC will have been declared a DIV 1 conf. and will be rolling over the likes of alabama, lsu etc.
live it learn it.
-
Could very well happen. If you are right you could make a fortune gambling.
-
just saying, things change. i'm glad that you got a winning team and a winning conference.....just don't rub anyone's nose in the fact that right now your conference is superior to others.
hell the browns were once superior. and then........................................
-peace.
-
There is a we, as in WE, the sec, keep beating the hell out of everyone else. Be bitter or claim to not understand it, but if wisconsin pounded the hell out of bummer or auburn, y'all would get the chuckles, just like I do when the big 10 gets shitbricked by the sec (i won't even go into the mac).
And no, it's not the same as the pros, although I do get your point.
There is a we, as in WE, the sec, keep beating the hell out of everyone else. Be bitter or claim to not understand it, but if wisconsin pounded the hell out of bummer or auburn, y'all would get the chuckles, just like I do when the big 10 gets shitbricked by the sec (i won't even go into the mac).
And no, it's not the same as the pros, although I do get your point.
No, there isn't a "We". Again, sorry, if you are "rooting" for a conference per se that is as dumb as fuck....and you can extrapolate from there.
Yea, I understand it...I understand that it is as dumb as fuck.
Because I look at the individual schools. I was glad for Auburn to win the national title....because they had not done so for so very long.
I am not interested in seeing Alabama, or Florida, or USC, or Texas or even Auburn now at this point winning the title because they have won recently. But if Arkansas, or South Carolina or Mississippi State were to win, that would be as fine for me as Wisconsin, or Minnesota, or Illinois, or Baylor, or Texas Tech or Cal, or Oregon State, or Virginia Tech....or anyone who hasn't won recently. I don't give a rat's ass what conference they come from.
The only exception is Ohio State as that is my team.
And besides....who the hell can keep track of these conferences movements?
Are you now all down with Texax A&M and Missouri because they are now SEC members?
Why would anyone give a shit about them now more than when they were members of the Big 12? or the Big 8, or the Southwest Conference. I mean, Texas A&M was a member of the Southwest Conference...then the Big 12...then now the SEC. Who gives a shit. If I wanted to root for Texas A&M it wouldn't matter which conference they belong to. Joining that conference had everything to do with money. Who gives a shit where they get their money.
-
We do. If you are dense that's fine.
And yes, I do now give a shit about a&m and mizzou. I'm not wild about mizzou being in but I do now pull for them (they whooped ass sec style, after all).
-
Well done. Original.
That's like asking a german about tje 40s.
I'm 32, I've never killed anyone.
The yankees' noses were clean during the formation of this country too.
We are superior in football. learn it, love it.
Well done. Original.
That's like asking a german about tje 40s.
I'm 32, I've never killed anyone.
The yankees' noses were clean during the formation of this country too.
We are superior in football. learn it, love it.
A couple of schools are good in football. And even within that conference it is cyclical. Alabama and LSU are the good ones now. Auburn and Florida are now mediocre.
Wasn't Florida pushed to the brink by like a 1-AA school last week?
Alabama is superior right now. And LSU.
USC won like 3 titles in a row....did that make the Pac-10-12-14-16-18 whatever superior? No, it made USC superior.
Did Ohio State winning a national title make the Big 10 superior? No.
For a period Miami was the best team in football, yet it was first and independent...did that make the Independents superior....then it joined the Big East....did that make the Big East Superior?....then it joined the ACC...did that make the ACC superior? No, it made Miami superior.
Nick Saban makes Alabama superior....Les Miles makes LSU superior...Urban Meyer made Florida superior....Bob Stoops made Oklahoma superior for a while. These coaches and their capabilities are what makes a SCHOOL superior. Not the conference they are in.
Besides...everyone of those guys are from Ohio. I guess that means Ohio dominates the SEC.
-
Know what those guys have in common? They came down so they could become legends and get great talent.
I consider ohio to be a great fball state (i have a rooting interest after all), but as a region/conference there is no comparison.
-
We do. If you are dense that's fine.
And yes, I do now give a shit about a&m and mizzou. I'm not wild about mizzou being in but I do now pull for them (they whooped ass sec style, after all).
We do. If you are dense that's fine.
And yes, I do now give a shit about a&m and mizzou. I'm not wild about mizzou being in but I do now pull for them (they whooped ass sec style, after all).
No, I am not dense. I understand that you are completely stupid about this.
Here's a fucking clue: The South LOST the fucking Civil War. You cannot change that history with a few football games. All those black kids that play for SEC schools are NOT your slaves any more. So get the fuck over it.
Besides....I am not even certain that this year that the SEC is even the best conference in the South. Florida State and Miami are SEC members, and those schools may be back. Clemson whipped Auburn.
Do you really think that Ole Miss or Kentucky or Tennessee are any better than Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC STate or Virginia Tech?
And FYI, Missouri first wanted to join The Big Ten....but were rejected, because the Big Ten didn't want to expand beyond 12 teams. So joining the SEC was merely a consolation prize for them.
-
Yep, I do think we are better (more nat titles).
Why do y'all keep bringing up slavery? oh had slaves too, just abolished the practice earlier. Again, I'm 32 and have spent my whole life in ms, and I've never seen anyone murdered or even assaulted, for that matter.
let's see what your coach can do w/o Southern talent.
-
Know what those guys have in common? They came down so they could become legends and get great talent.
I consider ohio to be a great fball state (i have a rooting interest after all), but as a region/conference there is no comparison.
Know what those guys have in common? They came down so they could become legends and get great talent.
I consider ohio to be a great fball state (i have a rooting interest after all), but as a region/conference there is no comparison.
They came because they were offered a lot of money. Plain and simple.
Les Miles would have preferred to go back to Michigan when they had an opening....but to his credit he said "no, I made a committment to LSU and I will stick to that commitment".
But Urban Meyer had no such compunction....his "dream job" was NOT Florida...it was Ohio State.
Why? Because the regions do compare. You have great programs in both areas. The three schools that lead the NCAA in attendance at their football games are not in the SEC, they are in the Big Ten. Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State.
Each conference has schools with outstanding tradition....like the ones above along with Nebraska etc.
In the recent 5 year window the SEC has been the best...but in the last 143 of college football history, the Big Ten....and others hold their own. (Hell...do you know what conference has the most title?: The Ivy League)
The bottom feeding teams are equally as comparable.
Place your bets on the winner of that Indiana/Kentucky game, or the Vanderbilt/Northwestern game or the Minnesota/Mississippi game.
-
K i'll place my bet, we win all 3.
-
Yep, I do think we are better (more nat titles).
Why do y'all keep bringing up slavery? oh had slaves too, just abolished the practice earlier. Again, I'm 32 and have spent my whole life in ms, and I've never seen anyone murdered or even assaulted, for that matter.
let's see what your coach can do w/o Southern talent.
Yep, I do think we are better (more nat titles).
Why do y'all keep bringing up slavery? oh had slaves too, just abolished the practice earlier. Again, I'm 32 and have spent my whole life in ms, and I've never seen anyone murdered or even assaulted, for that matter.
let's see what your coach can do w/o Southern talent.
I don't think so....like I said in 143 years, the Ivy League has more titles.
Why do I bring up slavery....because that is exactly your 'southern' mindset...yu proved it with your "southern talent" comment. What on earth makes you think that "southern talent' is any better? Because perhaps you bred your black boys to be better? That is what I am hearing.
And no, Ohio never had sanctioned, legal slavery. From the time it was a state in 1803 slavery was prohibited. Didn't you ever read Uncle Tom's Cabin? They fled TO Ohio to avoid slavery.
-
http://www.slavenorth.com/ohio.htm
Not exactly a glowing testament of peace and understanding.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login