The Sam Factor
-
Does anyone think that there will be a "Sam Factor" with the Browns going forward? Sam Rutigliano and Jimmy Haslam's Dad played together at Tennessee. I don't know if they stayed in touch much over the years, but it is logical that they may have. Pop's old teammate once having been the HC of the team you just bought? Do you think Sam may have Jimmy's ear?
-
Probably not but who knows...
-
Does anyone think that there will be a "Sam Factor" with the Browns going forward? Sam Rutigliano and Jimmy Haslam's Dad played together at Tennessee. I don't know if they stayed in touch much over the years, but it is logical that they may have. Pop's old teammate once having been the HC of the team you just bought? Do you think Sam may have Jimmy's ear?
Do you think Sam may have Jimmy's ear?
Gosh I hope not. I see Sam on STO and the game has passed him by.
Sam used to slobber all over Brady Quinn. That's all I've needed to hear. If Jimmy has Sam near him at anything other than banquets, then we're in big trouble.
-
Do you think Sam may have Jimmy's ear?
Gosh I hope not. I see Sam on STO and the game has passed him by.
Sam used to slobber all over Brady Quinn. That's all I've needed to hear. If Jimmy has Sam near him at anything other than banquets, then we're in big trouble.
Gosh I hope not. I see Sam on STO and the game has passed him by.
Sam used to slobber all over Brady Quinn. That's all I've needed to hear. If Jimmy has Sam near him at anything other than banquets, then we're in big trouble.
LOL Sam is quite happy in his retirement..Sam knows more about football than you,Me or anyone else here could hope to know. Just about everything he's said about the Browns since hes been covering them has pretty much been spot on...So he whiffed on BQ...a lot of people did.
-
No.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
I don't think Gipper was suggesting Sam becomes the head coach, BUT it is not at all a stretch to think that Haslam will talk to Sam and pick his brain.
Say whatever you want about Same, but the guy had guts in his play calling. He had an attack offense and EVERYONE who played teh Browns had to come prepared for fireworks.
Whoever the LErner's were tlaking to, Dieken Kosar, Brown, etc.... even if their advice was free it wasn't worth shit.
I'm okay with Sam putting his two cents in.
Amen Ghoolie...
We agree here...Sam knows that being conservative is the most guaranteed way to lose a game...If you coach scared to lose..you have no business being a HC. You will certainly lose...Now ask yourselves why Marty Schottenheimer never won anything...Because he coached not to lose and the asshole never learned his lesson.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login