Steelerban
-
Steeler SChuck said:
Ticket and beer sales don't generate revenues, big stadiums just add to the overhead. Licensing, some mdse sales and TV contracts are where the real money is at.Heinz Field seats 65k, stains stadium seats 73k. It's not like yinz have one twice the size.
Gotta love drama queens.

.
Steelers have an 11 year waiting list for season tickets. If we build a 100,000 seat stadium we would still sell out with years left on the waiting list...
Steelers have an 11 year waiting list for season tickets. If we build a 100,000 seat stadium we would still sell out with years left on the waiting list...
Thats because its the only major sport you have there. Your baseball team has sucked since the early nineties and you have no basketball team. So what else is there to do? Oh wait, you can go watch hockey lol!
-
Steelers have an 11 year waiting list for season tickets. If we build a 100,000 seat stadium we would still sell out with years left on the waiting list...
Thats because its the only major sport you have there. Your baseball team has sucked since the early nineties and you have no basketball team. So what else is there to do? Oh wait, you can go watch hockey lol!
Thats because its the only major sport you have there. Your baseball team has sucked since the early nineties and you have no basketball team. So what else is there to do? Oh wait, you can go watch hockey lol!
We don't want a basketball team (Our #1 ranked Pitt basketball team is more then enough), we don't want a soccer team, we really don't care about baseball, and we will cheer the Pens but never get that concerned. Other sports teams don't prosper in Pittsburgh becuase we are a football town.
-
I am not responsable for teaching people to read.
You are responsible for putting together a legible post.
AdaM said:
You are responsible for putting together a legible post.Do you even know what the word "legible" means?
Legible means one can read it easily; as in, non scribbled, or not too small to see. Since everyone uses the same font, everyone posts legible posts.
The author of that post employed sarcarsm which requires a certain level of intelligence to pick up on. Perhaps what you meant to write was;
"You are responsible for dumbing down your posts so that Cleveland, Ohio idiots are able to understand them."
-
@inspecta said:
Hahahahahaha.Thanks for the laugh.
A bunch of jackoffs on the internet making life uncomfortable for a billionaire. Thats funny shit right there!
He could run the Browns into the ground (which he has been doing) and he still won't lose any sleep over it. Not like he's got some great legacy to protect or anything.
I'm not talking about the jackoffs on this board. These dumb bastards will support any shit wearing orange and brown. I am talking about the ever dwindling fan base that supports this bastard. I guarantee you if Lerner had to put up with teh threats and vandalism Belichik and his children had to put up from Cleveland assholes, he would rething his tack.
-
Steelers have an 11 year waiting list for season tickets. If we build a 100,000 seat stadium we would still sell out with years left on the waiting list...
Thats because its the only major sport you have there. Your baseball team has sucked since the early nineties and you have no basketball team. So what else is there to do? Oh wait, you can go watch hockey lol!
<<Thats because its the only major sport you have there<<.
Yes, NHL and MLB don't count. Nice comment, Forrest.
<<Your baseball team has sucked since the early nineties>>
And the Indians have been what? Stellar? We sure as hell don't want to compare SB wins with Pittsburgh do we? Well, what about MLB championships? Ooops, guess what, the Priates don't suck like the Indians do.
By that way, speaking of suckink, are you even old enough to remember a time the Cleveland Browns DIDN'T suck? And you are blasting a Pittsburgh Sports Fan? Amazing?
<<and you have no basketball team. So what else is there to do? Oh wait, you can go watch hockey lol!>>
Yeah, McFly, that's a real sharp whip you have there. I suppose you think the USA hockey team beating the fkukc out of the Russians and winning the gold medal sucked, too? I mean, nobody cared about that shit, did they?
The fact of the matter is, Pittsburgh is a better sports city than Cleveland is. Whatever you want to say about Steeler fans, they simply don't support shit. It isn't a sign of nobility to show up for a team that will never win, it is a sign of being a sheep. When the Steelrs lose, fans tolerate it for about half a season and then they simply don't support shit. This is why Rooney has winners; he loves the fans and he knows the demand a winner.
Browns fans meanwhile chant
IN SEWAGE WE TRUST, IN SEWAGE WE TRUST.
-
Zombo said:
Newsflash: Cleveland is the ultimate "Football town" and the NBA and Major league Baseball thrive there.I don't know who you are speaking for when you say "we" don't care about baseball ... maybe just you and SilverCock ... but it would be a shame to see the team of Honus Wagner, the Waner brother, Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell have to find a new home because an entire city doesn't "care" anymore.
When I go up for a Browns game I try and tie it in with a Cavs or Indians outing, Cleveland supports them all with a fever. I guess when the Steelers go 6-10 you guys will just be miserable and spend even more time on a Browns Board. It's kind of sad to see, actually.
Zombo
--ugly, no-life, no-culture, dogshit town
The "ultimate football" town has one of the worst football teams since the Super Bowl started. Thats bad. We have had some great baseball players but we are just not a baseball town. We are a fooball town. Many poeple do go to Pirate afternoon games then to a Steeler game later in the day. Same thing with the Pens. reguardless how good the Pens or the Pirates are, people our Steeler fans first. We have gone 6-10 before and even worse. We still sold out every game that season.
-
Thats because its the only major sport you have there. Your baseball team has sucked since the early nineties and you have no basketball team. So what else is there to do? Oh wait, you can go watch hockey lol!
We don't want a basketball team (Our #1 ranked Pitt basketball team is more then enough), we don't want a soccer team, we really don't care about baseball, and we will cheer the Pens but never get that concerned. Other sports teams don't prosper in Pittsburgh becuase we are a football town.
yeahImADumbassYinzer... said:
We don't want a basketball team (Our #1 ranked Pitt basketball team is more then enough), we don't want a soccer team, we really don't care about baseball, and we will cheer the Pens but never get that concerned. Other sports teams don't prosper in Pittsburgh becuase we are a football town.This TRULY points out what a front-running yutz you are. You don't care about your baseball team because they have SUCKED for a very long time. I, however, am old enough to remember when the Pirates were winning World Series and singing that annoying "We Are Family" crap. They had NO TROUBLE with fan support then. Three Sewers was full of front-running Sister Sledge singers.
Here's the bottom line. Cleveland supports it's teams Win, Lose or Draw. Pittshole only supports them when they're winning. I can't wait to see Frontrunner Nation scurry into the floorboards when Lily Tomlin gets you started on your inevitable slide to the basement. Pittshole and best fans should NEVER be used in the same sentence.
Doug
-
yeahImADumbassYinzer... said:
We don't want a basketball team (Our #1 ranked Pitt basketball team is more then enough), we don't want a soccer team, we really don't care about baseball, and we will cheer the Pens but never get that concerned. Other sports teams don't prosper in Pittsburgh becuase we are a football town.This TRULY points out what a front-running yutz you are. You don't care about your baseball team because they have SUCKED for a very long time. I, however, am old enough to remember when the Pirates were winning World Series and singing that annoying "We Are Family" crap. They had NO TROUBLE with fan support then. Three Sewers was full of front-running Sister Sledge singers.
Here's the bottom line. Cleveland supports it's teams Win, Lose or Draw. Pittshole only supports them when they're winning. I can't wait to see Frontrunner Nation scurry into the floorboards when Lily Tomlin gets you started on your inevitable slide to the basement. Pittshole and best fans should NEVER be used in the same sentence.
Doug
This TRULY points out what a front-running yutz you are. You don't care about your baseball team because they have SUCKED for a very long time. I, however, am old enough to remember when the Pirates were winning World Series and singing that annoying "We Are Family" crap. They had NO TROUBLE with fan support then. Three Sewers was full of front-running Sister Sledge singers.
Here's the bottom line. Cleveland supports it's teams Win, Lose or Draw. Pittshole only supports them when they're winning. I can't wait to see Frontrunner Nation scurry into the floorboards when Lily Tomlin gets you started on your inevitable slide to the basement. Pittshole and best fans should NEVER be used in the same sentence.
Doug
When the Pirates were popular it was a completly different era in which going to baseball games was a family event. At that same time most people who attended NFL games were just adult men. Now you see men, women, and children of all ages at football games.
If you are old enough to remember the Pirates being good then you are old enough to remember the Steelers of the 80's. They were terrible yet we sold out every game that decade. Out of any Pittsburgh coach, he has had the most success in his first two years. How does that point to us being at the bottom of the divison? Its been proven that Pittsburgh has the largest fan base world wide, (and even throughout the universe), we have the most women fans, and the fans travel the best. Why do you keep ignoring that and insisting we have some of the worst fans?
-
@inspecta said:
This is what I've been saying for quite some time. If the Stoolers suffered a slide like we have in the past decade their stadium would be virtually empty on Sundays, message boards would close shop and those inbred hicks would turn their attention back to their sisters quicker than you can say "it's shake n' bake and I helped!"They are the absolute worst fanbase in all of sports.
Its been proven that Pittsburgh has the largest fan base world wide, (and even throughout the universe), we have the most women fans, and the fans travel the best. Why do you keep ignoring that and insisting we have some of the worst fans?
-
Because when your team is shit for ten years and you live in denial..............reality NEVER becomes a factor in irrational thought
-
AdaM said:
You are responsible for putting together a legible post.Do you even know what the word "legible" means?
Legible means one can read it easily; as in, non scribbled, or not too small to see. Since everyone uses the same font, everyone posts legible posts.
The author of that post employed sarcarsm which requires a certain level of intelligence to pick up on. Perhaps what you meant to write was;
"You are responsible for dumbing down your posts so that Cleveland, Ohio idiots are able to understand them."
Do you even know what the word "legible" means?
Legible means one can read it easily; as in, non scribbled, or not too small to see. Since everyone uses the same font, everyone posts legible posts.
The author of that post employed sarcarsm which requires a certain level of intelligence to pick up on. Perhaps what you meant to write was;
"You are responsible for dumbing down your posts so that Cleveland, Ohio idiots are able to understand them."
i had a hard set of moments discerning the legibility of your post..........what is it you are trying to say
-
Do you even know what the word "legible" means?
Legible means one can read it easily; as in, non scribbled, or not too small to see. Since everyone uses the same font, everyone posts legible posts.
The author of that post employed sarcarsm which requires a certain level of intelligence to pick up on. Perhaps what you meant to write was;
"You are responsible for dumbing down your posts so that Cleveland, Ohio idiots are able to understand them."
i had a hard set of moments discerning the legibility of your post..........what is it you are trying to say
i had a hard set of moments discerning the legibility of your post..........what is it you are trying to say
If you can't read that then you are illiterate.
-
Meh, I'm from Cleveland, and the only thing I have to say about the city is that it's a football town. I'm guilty of being a bit fairweathered when it comes to the tribe and the cavs. Hell, we're lucky to have a basketball team because you know that they woulda moved out if we hadn't gotten LeBron. But just look at the Jake, the Q, and Browns stadium at the beginning of each season.
When the Tribe stopped going to the playoffs, people stopped watching the games. It wasn't til we got Hafner, Lofton, Sizemore, that attendance really picked up again. The Cavs? The last game I went to was when Shawn Kemp was on the team. Still need to go see LeBron. But look at Browns stadium. That place is packed every season. Last year, I had tickets to X-Fest, which I gave away so that I could watch the week 2 Browns game which was after the xxxxing joke of a game Frye had against the Steelers. No one had any expectations for this game, and I was happier than a pig in shit at the end of that day.
Bashing each other like this isn't really going anywhere. Picking on them because they don't follow their shitty baseball team or because they don't have a basketball team is stupid. What happened to them just being faggots because they're from Pittsburgh? As much as I hate them, I do respect them. They are true fans. They're a far cry from the breed Cincy fan that I have the displeasure of seeing at U. of Dayton. I swear, I don't think I've heard "Who Dey" or seen a Bengals jersey here since my freshman year in 2006, not to mention their stupid xxxxing 2005 AFC North Champion sweatshirts. Does it say first round exit somewhere on that piece of garbage? If the Browns win the division (and I'm not holding my breath) then lose first round in the playoffs, you wouldn't catch me dead in a shirt that says AFC North Champs.
But I digress from my point. Why is this other bullshit that has nothing to do with the Browns or Steelers even being brought up? Bossy, xxxx you. Chuck, eat my ass. The only person I hate more than you people is Art Modell (and I guess bengals fans, now that I think about it). I hope your team gets embarassed by the ravens or the cardinals. I bleed orange. You guys bleed piss yellow.
xxxx off.
-
Unfortunatly certain posters on here start threads goading Stooler fans to respond, until this stops, Stooler fans will keep posting here to react to those stupid Stooler goading threads.

Unfortunatly certain posters on here start threads goading Stooler fans to respond, until this stops, Stooler fans will keep posting here to react to those stupid Stooler goading threads.

AMEN Brother....I have always said ! "SAY it and we will come ! " If you want us to stay away Ignore us... and don't talk about our team.
-
Unfortunatly certain posters on here start threads goading Stooler fans to respond, until this stops, Stooler fans will keep posting here to react to those stupid Stooler goading threads.

AMEN Brother....I have always said ! "SAY it and we will come ! " If you want us to stay away Ignore us... and don't talk about our team.
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
AMEN Brother....I have always said ! "SAY it and we will come ! " If you want us to stay away Ignore us... and don't talk about our team.So what you're saying is you cruise the internet looking for people talking bad about the Steelers....sad.
-
Meh, I'm from Cleveland, and the only thing I have to say about the city is that it's a football town. I'm guilty of being a bit fairweathered when it comes to the tribe and the cavs. Hell, we're lucky to have a basketball team because you know that they woulda moved out if we hadn't gotten LeBron. But just look at the Jake, the Q, and Browns stadium at the beginning of each season.
When the Tribe stopped going to the playoffs, people stopped watching the games. It wasn't til we got Hafner, Lofton, Sizemore, that attendance really picked up again. The Cavs? The last game I went to was when Shawn Kemp was on the team. Still need to go see LeBron. But look at Browns stadium. That place is packed every season. Last year, I had tickets to X-Fest, which I gave away so that I could watch the week 2 Browns game which was after the xxxxing joke of a game Frye had against the Steelers. No one had any expectations for this game, and I was happier than a pig in shit at the end of that day.
Bashing each other like this isn't really going anywhere. Picking on them because they don't follow their shitty baseball team or because they don't have a basketball team is stupid. What happened to them just being faggots because they're from Pittsburgh? As much as I hate them, I do respect them. They are true fans. They're a far cry from the breed Cincy fan that I have the displeasure of seeing at U. of Dayton. I swear, I don't think I've heard "Who Dey" or seen a Bengals jersey here since my freshman year in 2006, not to mention their stupid xxxxing 2005 AFC North Champion sweatshirts. Does it say first round exit somewhere on that piece of garbage? If the Browns win the division (and I'm not holding my breath) then lose first round in the playoffs, you wouldn't catch me dead in a shirt that says AFC North Champs.
But I digress from my point. Why is this other bullshit that has nothing to do with the Browns or Steelers even being brought up? Bossy, xxxx you. Chuck, eat my ass. The only person I hate more than you people is Art Modell (and I guess bengals fans, now that I think about it). I hope your team gets embarassed by the ravens or the cardinals. I bleed orange. You guys bleed piss yellow.
xxxx off.
Meh, I'm from Cleveland, and the only thing I have to say about the city is that it's a football town. I'm guilty of being a bit fairweathered when it comes to the tribe and the cavs. Hell, we're lucky to have a basketball team because you know that they woulda moved out if we hadn't gotten LeBron. But just look at the Jake, the Q, and Browns stadium at the beginning of each season.
When the Tribe stopped going to the playoffs, people stopped watching the games. It wasn't til we got Hafner, Lofton, Sizemore, that attendance really picked up again. The Cavs? The last game I went to was when Shawn Kemp was on the team. Still need to go see LeBron. But look at Browns stadium. That place is packed every season. Last year, I had tickets to X-Fest, which I gave away so that I could watch the week 2 Browns game which was after the xxxxing joke of a game Frye had against the Steelers. No one had any expectations for this game, and I was happier than a pig in shit at the end of that day.
Bashing each other like this isn't really going anywhere. Picking on them because they don't follow their shitty baseball team or because they don't have a basketball team is stupid. What happened to them just being faggots because they're from Pittsburgh? As much as I hate them, I do respect them. They are true fans. They're a far cry from the breed Cincy fan that I have the displeasure of seeing at U. of Dayton. I swear, I don't think I've heard "Who Dey" or seen a Bengals jersey here since my freshman year in 2006, not to mention their stupid xxxxing 2005 AFC North Champion sweatshirts. Does it say first round exit somewhere on that piece of garbage? If the Browns win the division (and I'm not holding my breath) then lose first round in the playoffs, you wouldn't catch me dead in a shirt that says AFC North Champs.
But I digress from my point. Why is this other bullshit that has nothing to do with the Browns or Steelers even being brought up? Bossy, xxxx you. Chuck, eat my ass. The only person I hate more than you people is Art Modell (and I guess bengals fans, now that I think about it). I hope your team gets embarassed by the ravens or the cardinals. I bleed orange. You guys bleed piss yellow.
xxxx off.
YOU are a MAN ...a Football fan ! And a Great Representative of Cleveland. Not some Puzzie Crybaby ! By the way ..we aint FAGOTS ! And as most of us are Pirate Fans we are also a Football Town and you speak truth about fair "weatherness"...and it wouldn't Effect the Steelers either. A Browns fans is a Browns Fan... Same in Pittsburgh Steeler fans will always be Steeler fans. Who Dey ? Ha Ha Ha.... I think Bill Cowher once asked THAT Question !!
-
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
AMEN Brother....I have always said ! "SAY it and we will come ! " If you want us to stay away Ignore us... and don't talk about our team.So what you're saying is you cruise the internet looking for people talking bad about the Steelers....sad.
Masters said:
So what you're saying is you cruise the internet looking for people talking bad about the Steelers....sad.No...I am saying YOU are a whiney azzz Bitch !! I Have friends from Work that invited me over here a few years back. It was fun ...so I come. MOST Browns fans are kool...Dedicated Loyal Tough guys. And Many more are becoming like you a Little Puzz Crying like a little baby boy ! Keep typing... I am sure the Fan recruiters in San Francisco are looking for a few good "Men" like you !!!
-
Masters said:
So what you're saying is you cruise the internet looking for people talking bad about the Steelers....sad.No...I am saying YOU are a whiney azzz Bitch !! I Have friends from Work that invited me over here a few years back. It was fun ...so I come. MOST Browns fans are kool...Dedicated Loyal Tough guys. And Many more are becoming like you a Little Puzz Crying like a little baby boy ! Keep typing... I am sure the Fan recruiters in San Francisco are looking for a few good "Men" like you !!!
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
No...I am saying YOU are a whiney azzz Bitch !! I Have friends from Work that invited me over here a few years back. It was fun ...so I come. MOST Browns fans are kool...Dedicated Loyal Tough guys. And Many more are becoming like you a Little Puzz Crying like a little baby boy ! Keep typing... I am sure the Fan recruiters in San Francisco are looking for a few good "Men" like you !!!LMFAO... Jesus dude. You can't take a quick little poke that was tongue and cheek. Then come up with that, based on one post to you, and a rare jab I take at a Steeler fan. Maybe it's you that needs to head to SF, like you suggested. Seems you're the one that's got an awfully sensitive side. After all your whole post is "puzz crying like a little baby boy", as you so put it.
-
@inspecta said:
Yeah, you don't want a basketball team, I'm sure you speak for everybody in western PA.I don't think a NBA team would do well in Pittsburgh and there really isn't room for a Arena. I'm happy to be a Cavs fan.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login