Over 30 years later and the Steelers are still cheaters
-
Masters said:
And he admitted to taking them before he ever played for CLE. So how does that equal the Browns cheating before the Steelers.Only Steelers that even have evidence pointing toward them taking roids did so while it was legal. How does that equal the Steelers cheating at all?
-
Masters said:
And he admitted to taking them before he ever played for CLE. So how does that equal the Browns cheating before the Steelers.Only Steelers that even have evidence pointing toward them taking roids did so while it was legal. How does that equal the Steelers cheating at all?
Only Steelers that even have evidence pointing toward them taking roids did so while it was legal. How does that equal the Steelers cheating at all?
Did I actually say I think the Steelers were cheaters? If you read my post and the one I was actually responding to, and the rest in the thread, you'd understand that I didn't call the Steelers cheating. Reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit.
Of course with your screen name choice, it's obvious you don't read, because only ORE homers thought DA was CLE's future.
-
Only Steelers that even have evidence pointing toward them taking roids did so while it was legal. How does that equal the Steelers cheating at all?
Did I actually say I think the Steelers were cheaters? If you read my post and the one I was actually responding to, and the rest in the thread, you'd understand that I didn't call the Steelers cheating. Reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit.
Of course with your screen name choice, it's obvious you don't read, because only ORE homers thought DA was CLE's future.
Masters said:
Did I actually say I think the Steelers were cheaters? If you read my post and the one I was actually responding to, and the rest in the thread, you'd understand that I didn't call the Steelers cheating. Reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit.Of course with your screen name choice, it's obvious you don't read, because only ORE homers thought DA was CLE's future.
When did I say you said the Steelers were cheaters? I guess your "reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit."
I chose this screen name to poke fun at the bandwagon browns fans. I knew you guys didn't seem like bandwagoners when I joined and I knew most of you hated DA. My screen name is just agreeing with you guys.
-
Masters said:
Did I actually say I think the Steelers were cheaters? If you read my post and the one I was actually responding to, and the rest in the thread, you'd understand that I didn't call the Steelers cheating. Reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit.Of course with your screen name choice, it's obvious you don't read, because only ORE homers thought DA was CLE's future.
When did I say you said the Steelers were cheaters? I guess your "reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit."
I chose this screen name to poke fun at the bandwagon browns fans. I knew you guys didn't seem like bandwagoners when I joined and I knew most of you hated DA. My screen name is just agreeing with you guys.
@yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:
When did I say you said the Steelers were cheaters? I guess your "reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit."I chose this screen name to poke fun at the bandwagon browns fans. I knew you guys didn't seem like bandwagoners when I joined and I knew most of you hated DA. My screen name is just agreeing with you guys.
Guys...STOP this is silly...lol !
-
Masters said:
Did I actually say I think the Steelers were cheaters? If you read my post and the one I was actually responding to, and the rest in the thread, you'd understand that I didn't call the Steelers cheating. Reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit.Of course with your screen name choice, it's obvious you don't read, because only ORE homers thought DA was CLE's future.
When did I say you said the Steelers were cheaters? I guess your "reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit."
I chose this screen name to poke fun at the bandwagon browns fans. I knew you guys didn't seem like bandwagoners when I joined and I knew most of you hated DA. My screen name is just agreeing with you guys.
@yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:
When did I say you said the Steelers were cheaters? I guess your "reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit."I chose this screen name to poke fun at the bandwagon browns fans. I knew you guys didn't seem like bandwagoners when I joined and I knew most of you hated DA. My screen name is just agreeing with you guys.
Um... right here by posing the following to me in response to my post "Only Steelers that even have evidence pointing toward them taking roids did so while it was legal. How does that equal the Steelers cheating at all? " Now why would you even ask that if you weren't trying to imply I was saying/thinking the Steelers are cheaters? So perhaps I was wrong, it is your writing skills that are lacking.
-
@yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:
When did I say you said the Steelers were cheaters? I guess your "reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit."I chose this screen name to poke fun at the bandwagon browns fans. I knew you guys didn't seem like bandwagoners when I joined and I knew most of you hated DA. My screen name is just agreeing with you guys.
Um... right here by posing the following to me in response to my post "Only Steelers that even have evidence pointing toward them taking roids did so while it was legal. How does that equal the Steelers cheating at all? " Now why would you even ask that if you weren't trying to imply I was saying/thinking the Steelers are cheaters? So perhaps I was wrong, it is your writing skills that are lacking.
Masters said:
Um... right here by posing the following to me in response to my post "Only Steelers that even have evidence pointing toward them taking roids did so while it was legal. How does that equal the Steelers cheating at all? " Now why would you even ask that if you weren't trying to imply I was saying/thinking the Steelers are cheaters? So perhaps I was wrong, it is your writing skills that are lacking.Steroids are illegal so taking them because the NFL didn't have rules against them didn't mean it was right. Then again we're dealing with Steeler fans.
Steeler fans sound like they're pissed at Sports Illustrated for the body count they did. They're even more pissed about their own player Steve Courson for fessing up about the wide-spread use on his 70s Steelers team. Allegedly, they sought him out for his win at all costs character. They wanted someone that would fit into their drug culture. They got the perfect guy.
The ONLY Browns that were junkies were Lyle Alzado and Russ Verba and they never got the locker-room to buy into their type of character so we didn't win squat with either clown. The Steelers didn't just have just 1 guy using if you read "False Glory" written by a former Steeler. Anyone ever hear how that guy died? The story sounds like a crime scene coverup story you'd see on that Cold Case program.
- Tom F. (I feel worse for their families than Steeler fans. Mike Webster's kid doesn't give a rat about 1 for the Thumb. Which Rooney kept Webster from eating out of garbage cans? It wasn't the Browns' fans that titled the 70s the steroids era. Some of that comes from the Courson Fessup and the rest came from SI)
-
Masters said:
Um... right here by posing the following to me in response to my post "Only Steelers that even have evidence pointing toward them taking roids did so while it was legal. How does that equal the Steelers cheating at all? " Now why would you even ask that if you weren't trying to imply I was saying/thinking the Steelers are cheaters? So perhaps I was wrong, it is your writing skills that are lacking.Steroids are illegal so taking them because the NFL didn't have rules against them didn't mean it was right. Then again we're dealing with Steeler fans.
Steeler fans sound like they're pissed at Sports Illustrated for the body count they did. They're even more pissed about their own player Steve Courson for fessing up about the wide-spread use on his 70s Steelers team. Allegedly, they sought him out for his win at all costs character. They wanted someone that would fit into their drug culture. They got the perfect guy.
The ONLY Browns that were junkies were Lyle Alzado and Russ Verba and they never got the locker-room to buy into their type of character so we didn't win squat with either clown. The Steelers didn't just have just 1 guy using if you read "False Glory" written by a former Steeler. Anyone ever hear how that guy died? The story sounds like a crime scene coverup story you'd see on that Cold Case program.
- Tom F. (I feel worse for their families than Steeler fans. Mike Webster's kid doesn't give a rat about 1 for the Thumb. Which Rooney kept Webster from eating out of garbage cans? It wasn't the Browns' fans that titled the 70s the steroids era. Some of that comes from the Courson Fessup and the rest came from SI)
Steroids are illegal so taking them because the NFL didn't have rules against them didn't mean it was right. Then again we're dealing with Steeler fans.
Steeler fans sound like they're pissed at Sports Illustrated for the body count they did. They're even more pissed about their own player Steve Courson for fessing up about the wide-spread use on his 70s Steelers team. Allegedly, they sought him out for his win at all costs character. They wanted someone that would fit into their drug culture. They got the perfect guy.
The ONLY Browns that were junkies were Lyle Alzado and Russ Verba and they never got the locker-room to buy into their type of character so we didn't win squat with either clown. The Steelers didn't just have just 1 guy using if you read "False Glory" written by a former Steeler. Anyone ever hear how that guy died? The story sounds like a crime scene coverup story you'd see on that Cold Case program.
- Tom F. (I feel worse for their families than Steeler fans. Mike Webster's kid doesn't give a rat about 1 for the Thumb. Which Rooney kept Webster from eating out of garbage cans? It wasn't the Browns' fans that titled the 70s the steroids era. Some of that comes from the Courson Fessup and the rest came from SI)
Drinking beer is legal. (As steriods were in the 70's) Do you believe its wrong to drink beer?
-
@inspecta said:
Seriously dude? Really? That's your great comparison?Holy f*cking shit your dumber than a brick.
When the f*ck has beer ever enhanced anybody's ability to do anything? Especially the game of football.
Steriods were new to the scene (well actually developed in the 50's I believe, but new to football) the steelers were the first ones to start the trend, if you don't believe they had an unfair advantage while on the roids then your far more delusional than I ever thought, and trust me delusion was a word I associated with you with every post.
Just stop dude, your an embarrassment to steeler nation and that's saying something.
Its doesn't matter whether or not it enhanced your ability to do something. It mathers whether or not it was legal! Do you believe working out is cheating becuase it enhances your ability? Please don't avoid this question as you did the last one!
-
Steroids are illegal so taking them because the NFL didn't have rules against them didn't mean it was right. Then again we're dealing with Steeler fans.
Steeler fans sound like they're pissed at Sports Illustrated for the body count they did. They're even more pissed about their own player Steve Courson for fessing up about the wide-spread use on his 70s Steelers team. Allegedly, they sought him out for his win at all costs character. They wanted someone that would fit into their drug culture. They got the perfect guy.
The ONLY Browns that were junkies were Lyle Alzado and Russ Verba and they never got the locker-room to buy into their type of character so we didn't win squat with either clown. The Steelers didn't just have just 1 guy using if you read "False Glory" written by a former Steeler. Anyone ever hear how that guy died? The story sounds like a crime scene coverup story you'd see on that Cold Case program.
- Tom F. (I feel worse for their families than Steeler fans. Mike Webster's kid doesn't give a rat about 1 for the Thumb. Which Rooney kept Webster from eating out of garbage cans? It wasn't the Browns' fans that titled the 70s the steroids era. Some of that comes from the Courson Fessup and the rest came from SI)
Drinking beer is legal. (As steriods were in the 70's) Do you believe its wrong to drink beer?
Drinking beer is legal. (As steriods were in the 70's) Do you believe its wrong to drink beer?
So is smoking cigarettes knucklehead so are you a happy chain smoker or just a dumb one?
Mankind wasn't put here to cram IV drugs into their bodies the way the Steelers were doing it in the 70s. Do you REALLY want to debate right and wrong? AMERICANS complained about Russian ethics all the way up until the Steelers resorted to them. It's called cheating. Ben Johnson got his Gold Medal taken away and Canada isn't proud of him. In Pittsburgh, they'd root for 22 heroin addicts if it bought that dump another trophy. Different stokes for different folks.
- Tom F. (I hated Verba and Alzado. I also omce posted we should cut AWOL Tucker's ass when he got busted for cheating. I don't want TODAY'S kids growing up thinking everyone is doing it so I have to in order to make it. That's what the Steelers did to the NFL in the 70s and 80s so they're not my heroes)
-
@inspecta said:
Seriously dude? Really? That's your great comparison?Holy f*cking shit your dumber than a brick.
When the f*ck has beer ever enhanced anybody's ability to do anything? Especially the game of football.
Steriods were new to the scene (well actually developed in the 50's I believe, but new to football) the steelers were the first ones to start the trend, if you don't believe they had an unfair advantage while on the roids then your far more delusional than I ever thought, and trust me delusion was a word I associated with you with every post.
Just stop dude, your an embarrassment to steeler nation and that's saying something.
Its doesn't matter whether or not it enhanced your ability to do something. It mathers whether or not it was legal! Do you believe working out is cheating becuase it enhances your ability? Please don't avoid this question as you did the last one!
Its doesn't matter whether or not it enhanced your ability to do something. It mathers whether or not it was legal! Do you believe working out is cheating becuase it enhances your ability? Please don't avoid this question as you did the last one!
Let me put it this way skippy, if a home team put boobie traps on their field (say holes in the field covered) and only they knew where they were, by your logic that wouldn't be an unfair advantage.
-
Drinking beer is legal. (As steriods were in the 70's) Do you believe its wrong to drink beer?
So is smoking cigarettes knucklehead so are you a happy chain smoker or just a dumb one?
Mankind wasn't put here to cram IV drugs into their bodies the way the Steelers were doing it in the 70s. Do you REALLY want to debate right and wrong? AMERICANS complained about Russian ethics all the way up until the Steelers resorted to them. It's called cheating. Ben Johnson got his Gold Medal taken away and Canada isn't proud of him. In Pittsburgh, they'd root for 22 heroin addicts if it bought that dump another trophy. Different stokes for different folks.
- Tom F. (I hated Verba and Alzado. I also omce posted we should cut AWOL Tucker's ass when he got busted for cheating. I don't want TODAY'S kids growing up thinking everyone is doing it so I have to in order to make it. That's what the Steelers did to the NFL in the 70s and 80s so they're not my heroes)
So is smoking cigarettes knucklehead so are you a happy chain smoker or just a dumb one?
Mankind wasn't put here to cram IV drugs into their bodies the way the Steelers were doing it in the 70s. Do you REALLY want to debate right and wrong? AMERICANS complained about Russian ethics all the way up until the Steelers resorted to them. It's called cheating. Ben Johnson got his Gold Medal taken away and Canada isn't proud of him. In Pittsburgh, they'd root for 22 heroin addicts if it bought that dump another trophy. Different stokes for different folks.
- Tom F. (I hated Verba and Alzado. I also omce posted we should cut AWOL Tucker's ass when he got busted for cheating. I don't want TODAY'S kids growing up thinking everyone is doing it so I have to in order to make it. That's what the Steelers did to the NFL in the 70s and 80s so they're not my heroes)
Smoking is bad for you health but what is morally wrong about it? Nice job of accusing someone you don't know of being a smoker.
In the 70's nothing was wrong with doing roids becuase the harmful affcets weren't known. Just like smoking in the 30's and 40's. So do you really believe America's perception of ethics really revolves around the Steelers? I find it amusing you acuse the Steelers of doing herion. If thats true how come they were better then every other team 4 times in the 70's? Just to piss you off even more; congrats on having 0 Super Bowl appearences.
-
@inspecta said:
No it doesn't matter whether or not it was legal. Getting an unfair advantage and taking shortcuts is cheating, sorry.Working out? Sigh....I cannot help you dude, if you can't distinguish between right and wrong that's something your parents failed at miserably and some guy on the internet isn't going to be able to correct your cheating ways.
Run along now skippy..
What made it unfair? They other team used them too.
-
@inspecta said:
No it doesn't matter whether or not it was legal. Getting an unfair advantage and taking shortcuts is cheating, sorry.Working out? Sigh....I cannot help you dude, if you can't distinguish between right and wrong that's something your parents failed at miserably and some guy on the internet isn't going to be able to correct your cheating ways.
Run along now skippy..
What made it unfair? They other team used them too.
What made it unfair? They other team used them too.
So why aren't guys from other 70's teams dying young left and right?
-
Its doesn't matter whether or not it enhanced your ability to do something. It mathers whether or not it was legal! Do you believe working out is cheating becuase it enhances your ability? Please don't avoid this question as you did the last one!
Let me put it this way skippy, if a home team put boobie traps on their field (say holes in the field covered) and only they knew where they were, by your logic that wouldn't be an unfair advantage.
Masters said:
Let me put it this way skippy, if a home team put boobie traps on their field (say holes in the field covered) and only they knew where they were, by your logic that wouldn't be an unfair advantage.The difference between my logic and yours is huge! It wasn't against the rules to do roids so anyone could have done them. If just the Steeler knew where the holes were then it would not have been fair...
-
Masters said:
Let me put it this way skippy, if a home team put boobie traps on their field (say holes in the field covered) and only they knew where they were, by your logic that wouldn't be an unfair advantage.The difference between my logic and yours is huge! It wasn't against the rules to do roids so anyone could have done them. If just the Steeler knew where the holes were then it would not have been fair...
The difference between my logic and yours is huge! It wasn't against the rules to do roids so anyone could have done them. If just the Steeler knew where the holes were then it would not have been fair...
There was no rule that says you can't do what I described either. So the difference isn't huge. It's just how you chose to rationalize one vs. the other.
-
What made it unfair? They other team used them too.
So why aren't guys from other 70's teams dying young left and right?
Masters said:
So why aren't guys from other 70's teams dying young left and right?How sure of you of that? What Steeler are dropping left and right becuase of roids?
-
The difference between my logic and yours is huge! It wasn't against the rules to do roids so anyone could have done them. If just the Steeler knew where the holes were then it would not have been fair...
There was no rule that says you can't do what I described either. So the difference isn't huge. It's just how you chose to rationalize one vs. the other.
Masters said:
There was no rule that says you can't do what I described either. So the difference isn't huge. It's just how you chose to rationalize one vs. the other.It is actually illegal to sabatage (spelling?) your own field for an advantage...
-
@inspecta said:
No it doesn't matter whether or not it was legal. Getting an unfair advantage and taking shortcuts is cheating, sorry.Working out? Sigh....I cannot help you dude, if you can't distinguish between right and wrong that's something your parents failed at miserably and some guy on the internet isn't going to be able to correct your cheating ways.
Run along now skippy..
If you truly believe the difference is that big then please explain it to me. Just don't attack my family...
-
Masters said:
So why aren't guys from other 70's teams dying young left and right?How sure of you of that? What Steeler are dropping left and right becuase of roids?
How sure of you of that? What Steeler are dropping left and right becuase of roids?
Do I really need to put up the SI article others have put up several times?
And not even counting early deaths, have a read of this http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_328813.html
-
Masters said:
There was no rule that says you can't do what I described either. So the difference isn't huge. It's just how you chose to rationalize one vs. the other.It is actually illegal to sabatage (spelling?) your own field for an advantage...
It is actually illegal to sabatage (spelling?) your own field for an advantage...
You realize WAS is a past tense.....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login