Skip to content

Shurmur

The Browns Board
15 11 820
  • Unttil this shet head is fired this team will go nowhere.

  • Despite Weeden's very poor play, I can't help that right up there with him is Shurmur and his poor ability to call a game. We saw nothing of a run game. We saw nothing inventive. The guy forgets that TE's can be eligible receivers. He forgot that running outside the tackles is legal. He forgot that Trent Richardson might be the best back out of college in a very long time. Shurmur is an idiot. No excuse of a shortened off season, nothing can justify again junior high play calling.

  • I made a thread last season that I bumped all season long 'pat shurmur' must go. This guy is a buffoon. He seems like he might be the least qualified coach in the NFL

  • Despite Weeden's very poor play, I can't help that right up there with him is Shurmur and his poor ability to call a game. We saw nothing of a run game. We saw nothing inventive. The guy forgets that TE's can be eligible receivers. He forgot that running outside the tackles is legal. He forgot that Trent Richardson might be the best back out of college in a very long time. Shurmur is an idiot. No excuse of a shortened off season, nothing can justify again junior high play calling.

    @brownskidd said:

    Despite Weeden's very poor play, I can't help that right up there with him is Shurmur and his poor ability to call a game. We saw nothing of a run game. We saw nothing inventive. The guy forgets that TE's can be eligible receivers. He forgot that running outside the tackles is legal. He forgot that Trent Richardson might be the best back out of college in a very long time. Shurmur is an idiot. No excuse of a shortened off season, nothing can justify again junior high play calling.

    Yeah, they're stacking the box all day, how about a sweep? Guess not.

  • I just saw his post game interview and now I want to vomit. To hear him just say he now knows where the problems are we can build off of them makes me want him gone TODAY. He is no coach and Weeden is no qb and we are fucked. Let's go 2013

  • Shurmur is a fuckin idiot.

    Stupid ass doesn't go for two when every average joe in Cleveland clearly realizes it is a must.

    Tries to run the clock out before half time until Reid starts calling time outs, then Philly scores and for some dumb fuck reason decides it's a good idea to try to score with 30 seconds left.

    Shows how indecisive he is not to mention he's totally fuckin clueless and unsure of himself.

  • I think Shurmur must be puffin' on the Walrus' schlong after practice. Can't think of another reason why he was hired.

  • Holgren shoved his fat walrus sausage link fingers and showed randy the rings while heckert was talking like a fuckin auction announcer and bob lamont handed lerner the contract with his devils grin, shurmur was in the corner playing with his blocks.

    And oh yeah Haslam made sure Lerner is resonable for paying off the rest of holmgrens contract and when Haslams takes full ownership Joe Banner is our new president.

  • Shurmur shot his wad with the double reverse...

    At least it seems he's letting Jauron coach... or is he? In reply to the his post game question about the Ref's explanation of his non-challengeable challenge of the Vick fumble he said he stopped listening after being told it wasn't re-viewable as he "had to think about the next play"...

    And we were on defense at the time... 😮

  • What makes me sick about Shurmur is the fact he just doesn’t realize he’s head-coaching the hungriest franchise in the world, all sports included.

    He’s coaching before 80.000 hungry fans (plus at least one desperate man in front of the computer a few thousand miles east of Cleveland) who would sell their mothers for a win.

    Shurmur can’t ignore that.

    He should have had enough brain to avoid naming a rookie starter without even having seen him against a third-string NFL defense.

    He should have had enough brain to understand the Browns’ defense was handing him an unexpected chance to compete against a team that on paper should have been ahaed 21 points going into the fourth quarter.

    He should have had enough brain to understand that Weeden did not have one single possibility to drive 40 yards down the field. Why not playing McCoy from the drive immediately after the Int TD?

    I know McCoy is not Bernie Kosar but, are you kidding me?, you could at least try and complete some short passing game and try to reach FG distance! And how about the play calling for the running game? We had TRich bang on the tackle every single play for a ridiculous gain. No change in 4 quarters! Can you believe that in the NFL of today?

    After what I saw yesterday I want him out NOW.

    Let Jauron take the HC position and cut the crap.

    Yesterday, while I was kicking things around in my living room, I wrote on this pages that Shurmur is an idiot.

    Today, after a good sleep, I can say I was definitely right: Shurmur is a real idiot!!!!!!!

  • I've just screwed this onto the lamp post at the end of Shumur's driveway.

    welcome-to-fail.jpg

  • His post game comments are idiotic. He is in literal denial of how bad that offense was.. absolute denial.

  • He should be booed during all the next home game. Instead of chanting "McCoy" fans should chant "Marty Ball"...

  • He should be booed during all the next home game. Instead of chanting "McCoy" fans should chant "Marty Ball"...

    @the-italian-dawgpound said:

    He should be booed during all the next home game. Instead of chanting "McCoy" fans should chant "Marty Ball"...

    I'd take "Marty Ball" back here ALL DAY! At least we were in the hunt for the Super Bowl when Marty coached! If Weeden shits the bed again, and Richardson looks like he did yesterday in the following weeks, then this will seal the fate of the current front office once Haslam takes control! It wouldn't be too far off in saying that it's possible that Dick Jauron is named the interim head coach in mid to late October!

  • @the-italian-dawgpound said:

    He should be booed during all the next home game. Instead of chanting "McCoy" fans should chant "Marty Ball"...

    I'd take "Marty Ball" back here ALL DAY! At least we were in the hunt for the Super Bowl when Marty coached! If Weeden shits the bed again, and Richardson looks like he did yesterday in the following weeks, then this will seal the fate of the current front office once Haslam takes control! It wouldn't be too far off in saying that it's possible that Dick Jauron is named the interim head coach in mid to late October!

    @djdawg2010 said:

    I'd take "Marty Ball" back here ALL DAY! At least we were in the hunt for the Super Bowl when Marty coached! If Weeden shits the bed again, and Richardson looks like he did yesterday in the following weeks, then this will seal the fate of the current front office once Haslam takes control! It wouldn't be too far off in saying that it's possible that Dick Jauron is named the interim head coach in mid to late October!

    If he can light the fire under the offense like he did with the D, I say fire them all NOW.