D Line Pressure
-
I was very excited with the push the defensive line was getting all game. If they can generate that type of pressure all season there may be some interesting games. Once Richardson is fully healthy, he should be able to generate at least a little bit of offense to keep the offense on the field longer so that the defense isn't gassed by the final drive. I know it was only the first game, but I am very nervous about Weeden. He did not show me one good thing in yesterday's game. He needs to stop staring down his receivers and hit them when they are wide open. I guess his play could only get better than it was yesterday.
-
The O line certainly needs to gel better as well. Especially in the run game.
-
The O line certainly needs to gel better as well. Especially in the run game.
The O line certainly needs to gel better as well. Especially in the run game.
It seemed like there were no holes at all. ANd why didn't Schurmur try Hardesty or Jackson. Running Trent 19 times for less the 40 yards was NOT working. TRY SOMETHING ELSE.
-
The O line certainly needs to gel better as well. Especially in the run game.
It seemed like there were no holes at all. ANd why didn't Schurmur try Hardesty or Jackson. Running Trent 19 times for less the 40 yards was NOT working. TRY SOMETHING ELSE.
It seemed like there were no holes at all. ANd why didn't Schurmur try Hardesty or Jackson. Running Trent 19 times for less the 40 yards was NOT working. TRY SOMETHING ELSE.
THIS
-
The Eagles threw the ball 50+ times against us.
I doubt other teams will throw much more than half that when they can average 5 yards per run.
We've been among the last in the league in rush defense since 1999 and I don't see that changing this year.
So no matter how good the D looked, the Eagles still ran the ball at will for the most part.
Not to mention a lot of that was the Eagles beating themselves, our D played great but they had a ton of help from Philly as well.
-
No kidding. The play calling for Philly was just plain bad. A big problem was for a lot of big runs they got, there was a holding call. They could have ran on us all day. They had something like over 450 yards of offense with 5 ypc for the rb and only 17 points...
I did notice a lot of holding that didn't get called for us. I'm not saying the refs favored Philly cuz we got our fair share. But their o line was holding the d line a lot.
-
Their big runs were stretch runs to the outside. On the inside, our line held up well which is great improvement from last year. But, I loved the pressure from the front 4. If our D didn't have to be on the field so much, and if they had some momentum to feed off of, I'm telling you they are a top 5 defense in this league. It hurts to lose Haden for 4 games, but I still think that side of the ball will be just fine.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login