Pat Shurmer Is Growing Balls
-
Shurmer is growing a set of nuts. Watching his recent press conferences in comparison to his first ones, he is developing a personality. And that personality is a smart-ass who says what he thinks. Some snippets from today's press conference:
(On how Weeden will make a better throw to Massaquoi) – “The guys wide open and you have to hit him. That’s how you make a better throw. I don’t know what to tell you. He took a five step drop, the guys running wide open, you got to keep it in bounds and make a better throw. That’s all there is to it. I wish there was some kind of formula or theorem, but that’s not the case.”
(On what he would say to fans that are clamoring for Colt McCoy) – “Clamoring for Colt? Brandon Weeden is our starter, and he’s going to get better, that’s what I’m going to tell them. Right? I’m looking right into that little camera thing of yours. By the way that thing creeps me out just for the record. Sorry, you’re the only one with one of those things.”
(On if they didn’t go for the two points because the offense was struggling) – “No, it has to do with possessions and how the game is going. I don’t care what your little camera thing says, I do think that I would do it again at that point.”
(On if Weeden’s pass to Greg Little should have been caught) – “Yeah, it hit him right in the neck. Yeah, you’ve got to catch that ball. As the field shrinks, that’s what the red zone provides, a smaller field and less area to defend. There’s lots of bang-bang plays, there just are. When the ball hits you in the neck, you’ve got to catch it, end of story. There’s really nothing more to it. There’s no formula for that.”
(On teams having to learn to lose close games before they can win them) – “Learning to lose? No, you’ve got to learn to win. That’s what I would say.”
-
Shurmer is growing a set of nuts. Watching his recent press conferences in comparison to his first ones, he is developing a personality. And that personality is a smart-ass who says what he thinks. Some snippets from today's press conference:
(On how Weeden will make a better throw to Massaquoi) – “The guys wide open and you have to hit him. That’s how you make a better throw. I don’t know what to tell you. He took a five step drop, the guys running wide open, you got to keep it in bounds and make a better throw. That’s all there is to it. I wish there was some kind of formula or theorem, but that’s not the case.”
(On what he would say to fans that are clamoring for Colt McCoy) – “Clamoring for Colt? Brandon Weeden is our starter, and he’s going to get better, that’s what I’m going to tell them. Right? I’m looking right into that little camera thing of yours. By the way that thing creeps me out just for the record. Sorry, you’re the only one with one of those things.”
(On if they didn’t go for the two points because the offense was struggling) – “No, it has to do with possessions and how the game is going. I don’t care what your little camera thing says, I do think that I would do it again at that point.”
(On if Weeden’s pass to Greg Little should have been caught) – “Yeah, it hit him right in the neck. Yeah, you’ve got to catch that ball. As the field shrinks, that’s what the red zone provides, a smaller field and less area to defend. There’s lots of bang-bang plays, there just are. When the ball hits you in the neck, you’ve got to catch it, end of story. There’s really nothing more to it. There’s no formula for that.”
(On teams having to learn to lose close games before they can win them) – “Learning to lose? No, you’ve got to learn to win. That’s what I would say.”
Shurmer is growing a set of nuts. Watching his recent press conferences in comparison to his first ones, he is developing a personality. And that personality is a smart-ass who says what he thinks. Some snippets from today's press conference:
(On how Weeden will make a better throw to Massaquoi) – “The guys wide open and you have to hit him. That’s how you make a better throw. I don’t know what to tell you. He took a five step drop, the guys running wide open, you got to keep it in bounds and make a better throw. That’s all there is to it. I wish there was some kind of formula or theorem, but that’s not the case.”
(On what he would say to fans that are clamoring for Colt McCoy) – “Clamoring for Colt? Brandon Weeden is our starter, and he sucked donkey dong out there yesterday he’s going to get better, because it's damn near impossible to play much worse that’s what I’m going to tell them. Right? I’m looking right into that little camera thing of yours. By the way that thing creeps me out just for the record. Sorry, you’re the only one with one of those things.”
(On if they didn’t go for the two points because the offense was struggling) – “No, it has to do with possessions and how the game is going. I don’t care what your little camera thing says, I do think that I would do it again at that point. because I am one clueless SOB coach. ”
(On if Weeden’s pass to Greg Little should have been caught) – “Yeah, it hit him right in the neck. Yeah, you’ve got to catch that ball. As the field shrinks, that’s what the red zone provides, a smaller field and less area to defend. There’s lots of bang-bang plays, there just are. When the ball hits you in the neck, you’ve got to catch it, end of story. There’s really nothing more to it. There’s no formula for that.”
(On teams having to learn to lose close games before they can win them) – “Learning to lose? No, you’ve got to learn to win. That’s what I would say.”
-
-
^ Reasonable edits....
I would say rather than "growing a pair" Patsy is getting a tad testy... and that ain't good.
-
Shurmur is simply another lerner expansion brain free coaching 101 prototype, after all those ignorant monkeys we call players are in shurmurs mind far to stupid to actually learn or execute anything but plain vanilla..
Until this team gets coaches that let the players play to win we will lose...
jauron looks like the only guy we have that is worth keeping imho...
Looking foward to haslam cleaning this toilet out starting with holmgren and moving on down..
Time to pull the curtain on the big no show..
Balls no, if you want to see a coach with half a brain and a big set of nads you will have to look anywhere but in cleveland..
-
lol "the big no show" good one
-
Shurmur is useless. Why is he being snippy? He realizes that his ass is on the hot seat right now. This sarcastic tone is a product of anxiety about his shitty job production as opposed to a will to win. Like I said in another thread, he gets an attitude when no one wants it and lacks any sort of enthusiasm when it counts.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login