Local Broadcasters
-
I remember a time when Jim Donovan was the TV play by play guy for Browns games.
Can't really remember when it changed to the national affiliate guys but my guess is when NBC lost rights for day games.
I'd much rather have Jimmy calling the game than some of these horrible national guys.
Sometimes I try to mute the TV and leave the radio on but it's never in sync.
Anyone know why the local guys never call the game on TV anymore and know when it changed?
-
I remember a time when Jim Donovan was the TV play by play guy for Browns games.
Can't really remember when it changed to the national affiliate guys but my guess is when NBC lost rights for day games.
I'd much rather have Jimmy calling the game than some of these horrible national guys.
Sometimes I try to mute the TV and leave the radio on but it's never in sync.
Anyone know why the local guys never call the game on TV anymore and know when it changed?
I remember a time when Jim Donovan was the TV play by play guy for Browns games.
me too, it was two weeks ago.

Can't really remember when it changed to the national affiliate guys but my guess is when NBC lost rights for day games.
it changed last week for regular season
I'd much rather have Jimmy calling the game than some of these horrible national guys.
Sometimes I try to mute the TV and leave the radio on but it's never in sync.
if i had a nickle for every Browns fan that's done that!! i know exactly what you're saying.
all we really need is Dieken and Donovan's radio feed broadcasted online on a media player with a slidebar on it that we can slow up ten seconds or whatever. that should solve most of the issue cuz he's usually ahead of the tv.
Anyone know why the local guys never call the game on TV anymore and know when it changed?
Donovan and Bernie call every preseason game every year. then they go to the national schmucks week 1 regulasr season.
-
What I'm saying is Nev Chandler and then Jim Donovan used to call the regular season games every week.
I think it changed when Cbs or Fox got the TV rights from NBC.
I could swear it wasn't that long ago.
Am I mistaken? Have regular season games always been called by national guys?
-
What I'm saying is Nev Chandler and then Jim Donovan used to call the regular season games every week.
I think it changed when Cbs or Fox got the TV rights from NBC.
I could swear it wasn't that long ago.
Am I mistaken? Have regular season games always been called by national guys?
What I'm saying is Nev Chandler and then Jim Donovan used to call the regular season games every week.
I think it changed when Cbs or Fox got the TV rights from NBC.
I could swear it wasn't that long ago.
Am I mistaken? Have regular season games always been called by national guys?
I'm pretty sure Fox typically covers the Browns when we play an NFC team.
-
The only time they use local broadcasters is pre-season. I don't ever remember local broadcasters doing a regular season game. But I'm only 42, so maybe back in the 60's they did it
-
What I'm saying is Nev Chandler and then Jim Donovan used to call the regular season games every week.
I think it changed when Cbs or Fox got the TV rights from NBC.
I could swear it wasn't that long ago.
Am I mistaken? Have regular season games always been called by national guys?
What I'm saying is Nev Chandler and then Jim Donovan used to call the regular season games every week.
I think it changed when Cbs or Fox got the TV rights from NBC.
I could swear it wasn't that long ago.
Am I mistaken? Have regular season games always been called by national guys?
I think you are mistaken. Nev did the radio broadcasts of the Browns...pre and regular season. Jim Donovan replaced Nev when he died.
Jim Donovan MAY have been used on National Broadcasts when NBC had the games..but he may not have necesarily done Browns games. He could have been doing any teams games.
-
What I'm saying is Nev Chandler and then Jim Donovan used to call the regular season games every week.
I think it changed when Cbs or Fox got the TV rights from NBC.
I could swear it wasn't that long ago.
Am I mistaken? Have regular season games always been called by national guys?
I think you are mistaken. Nev did the radio broadcasts of the Browns...pre and regular season. Jim Donovan replaced Nev when he died.
Jim Donovan MAY have been used on National Broadcasts when NBC had the games..but he may not have necesarily done Browns games. He could have been doing any teams games.
I think you are mistaken. Nev did the radio broadcasts of the Browns...pre and regular season. Jim Donovan replaced Nev when he died.
Jim Donovan MAY have been used on National Broadcasts when NBC had the games..but he may not have necesarily done Browns games. He could have been doing any teams games.
Actually Casey Coleman replaced Nev when he passed away. Jim Donovan didn't become the play by play guy until the team returned in 1999.
-
I think you are mistaken. Nev did the radio broadcasts of the Browns...pre and regular season. Jim Donovan replaced Nev when he died.
Jim Donovan MAY have been used on National Broadcasts when NBC had the games..but he may not have necesarily done Browns games. He could have been doing any teams games.
Actually Casey Coleman replaced Nev when he passed away. Jim Donovan didn't become the play by play guy until the team returned in 1999.
Actually Casey Coleman replaced Nev when he passed away. Jim Donovan didn't become the play by play guy until the team returned in 1999.
Right, after Nev died from cance, Coleman took over, but then didn't Casey Coleman also die young of cancer?
And Jim Donovan is fighting a bout with cancer is he not?
What does that say for the next person they tap to do the Browns radio play by play?
-
Actually Casey Coleman replaced Nev when he passed away. Jim Donovan didn't become the play by play guy until the team returned in 1999.
Right, after Nev died from cance, Coleman took over, but then didn't Casey Coleman also die young of cancer?
And Jim Donovan is fighting a bout with cancer is he not?
What does that say for the next person they tap to do the Browns radio play by play?
Right, after Nev died from cance, Coleman took over, but then didn't Casey Coleman also die young of cancer?
And Jim Donovan is fighting a bout with cancer is he not?
What does that say for the next person they tap to do the Browns radio play by play?
I do see a pattern here with the cancer. Perhaps there should be a surgeon general's warning: Being the play by play announcer for the Browns can be hazardous to your health, and has been known to cause cancer.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login