Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Much Improved

Much Improved

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
60 Posts 30 Posters 3.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • browns1979 B
    • 25 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    B browns1979 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    sheeesh your standards are much too low.

    They still look terrible. 10 pts going into the 4th qtr. down 24-10.

    This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

    Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

    VaporTrailV 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
      • 15k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
      #4

      Richardson got his first TD and that's good. Weight off of his shoulders.

      Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • dawg08 D
        • 501 Posts
        • 13 Reputation
        D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
        #5

        @browns1979 said:

        1347823009[/url]' post='303529']

        sheeesh your standards are much too low.

        They still look terrible. 10 pts going into the 4th qtr. down 24-10.

        This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

        Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

        Weeden = Tim Couch

        Tim Couch Pulls OutT DieHardBrownsFanD Z 3 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 2k Posts
          • 270 Reputation
          USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by USFBrown
          #6

          Hell yeah my standards at low. I'm a freaking Browns and USF fan! Whatever, compared to last game when these rookies were just getting their feet wet they're much improved and the two touchdowns on offense alone says it. I can't remember the last time the offense scored two touchdowns.

          You Debbie downers aren't going to rain on m parade. I'm actually enjoying watching Richardson and this offense move the ball.

          slimdawgS 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • dawg08 D
            • 501 Posts
            • 13 Reputation
            D dawg08 wrote on last edited by dawg08
            #7

            @usfbrown said:

            1347823716[/url]' post='303535']

            Hell yeah my standards at low. I'm a freaking Browns and USF fan! Whatever, compared to last game when these rookies were just getting their feet wet they're much improved and the two touchdowns on offense alone says it. I can't remember the last time the offense scored two touchdowns.

            You Debbie downers aren't going to rain on m parade. I'm actually enjoying watching Richardson and this offense move the ball.

            Yeah, us Debbie downers have to watch this shet every week. One week it's the offense who sucks, the next week it's the defense! I wouldn't doubt that USF couldn't beat this team, although I'm pretty sure FSU could.

            The DB's out there look like a Bunch of bumbling idiots out there. The browns need to blitz on every down and just take their chances. Sorry asses!

            USFBrownU djdawg2010D Mark OM 3 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • USFBrownU USFBrown

              Hell yeah my standards at low. I'm a freaking Browns and USF fan! Whatever, compared to last game when these rookies were just getting their feet wet they're much improved and the two touchdowns on offense alone says it. I can't remember the last time the offense scored two touchdowns.

              You Debbie downers aren't going to rain on m parade. I'm actually enjoying watching Richardson and this offense move the ball.

              slimdawg slimdawgS
              • 541 Posts
              • 49 Reputation
              slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
              #8

              @usfbrown said:

              Hell yeah my standards at low. I'm a freaking Browns and USF fan! Whatever, compared to last game when these rookies were just getting their feet wet they're much improved and the two touchdowns on offense alone says it. I can't remember the last time the offense scored two touchdowns.

              You Debbie downers aren't going to rain on m parade. I'm actually enjoying watching Richardson and this offense move the ball.

              Its been fun for me too USF. hoping we see this kind of progression every week.

              !!!!hopefully i'll be alive when it happens!!!!
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • D dawg08

                @usfbrown said:

                1347823716[/url]' post='303535']

                Hell yeah my standards at low. I'm a freaking Browns and USF fan! Whatever, compared to last game when these rookies were just getting their feet wet they're much improved and the two touchdowns on offense alone says it. I can't remember the last time the offense scored two touchdowns.

                You Debbie downers aren't going to rain on m parade. I'm actually enjoying watching Richardson and this offense move the ball.

                Yeah, us Debbie downers have to watch this shet every week. One week it's the offense who sucks, the next week it's the defense! I wouldn't doubt that USF couldn't beat this team, although I'm pretty sure FSU could.

                The DB's out there look like a Bunch of bumbling idiots out there. The browns need to blitz on every down and just take their chances. Sorry asses!

                USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 2k Posts
                • 270 Reputation
                USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
                #9

                @dawg08 said:

                Yeah, us Debbie downers have to watch this shet every week. One week it's the offense who sucks, the next week it's the defense! I wouldn't doubt that USF couldn't beat this team, although I'm pretty sure FSU could.

                The DB's out there look like a Bunch of bumbling idiots out there. The browns need to blitz on every down and just take their chances. Sorry asses!

                I watch this shit every week too man. I just enjoy the bright spots there are because they're hasn't been many for a long time.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • dawg08 D
                  • 501 Posts
                  • 13 Reputation
                  D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
                  #10

                  @slimdawg said:

                  1347824691[/url]' post='303544']

                  Its been fun for me too USF. hoping we see this kind of progression every week.

                  It looked like regression by the defense to me! Next week what is it going to be? Back to the shetty offense. As I said the offense couldn't have done any worst than last week and Cincy is no more than a .500 team at best. So,if you want to call it progress go ahead. I'll call it like it is another loss as usual.

                  slimdawgS 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • D dawg08

                    @usfbrown said:

                    1347821279[/url]' post='303521']

                    I'm glad to see some improvement in the offense. I thought they would still do bad this week but they've done better than I expected. We should know there will be growing pains with rookies and second year players at many key positions.

                    Richardson looks like a new man. He just needed some time to heal and I'd bet he's still not 100%

                    Weeden and momass have some good chemistry. Hopefully Gordon or Little can start contributing. They're a little more dangerous with the ball.

                    The o line still needs to improve but at least they've been blocking better.

                    Defensively we have some players out and Skrine had been getting picked on. Luckily Dalton has had either pressure in his face or just plain missed some open receivers in the end zone.

                    Overall I'm happy with the improvement. Now if we could just get a competent head coach.

                    Could they actually do any worst on offense then they did last week? And Philly is suppose to be a playoff team and Cincy is not even suppose to compete and is suppose to play for last place with The Browns. I suppose you are enjoying the penalties as well? 98 yards that's improvement, right!

                    Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 8k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                    #11

                    @dawg08 said:

                    Could they actually do any worst on offense then they did last week? And Philly is suppose to be a playoff team and Cincy is not even suppose to compete and is suppose to play for last place with The Browns. I suppose you are enjoying the penalties as well? 98 yards that's improvement, right!

                    Who the fuck are you?

                    Shut the fuck up, you mindless pessimistic pussnapkin.

                    You are why people hate Cleveland fans, you disgusting piece of gutter trash.

                    I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                    5150k95 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • D dawg08

                      @slimdawg said:

                      1347824691[/url]' post='303544']

                      Its been fun for me too USF. hoping we see this kind of progression every week.

                      It looked like regression by the defense to me! Next week what is it going to be? Back to the shetty offense. As I said the offense couldn't have done any worst than last week and Cincy is no more than a .500 team at best. So,if you want to call it progress go ahead. I'll call it like it is another loss as usual.

                      slimdawg slimdawgS
                      • 541 Posts
                      • 49 Reputation
                      slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
                      #12

                      @dawg08 said:

                      It looked like regression by the defense to me! Next week what is it going to be? Back to the shetty offense. As I said the offense couldn't have done any worst than last week and Cincy is no more than a .500 team at best. So,if you want to call it progress go ahead. I'll call it like it is another loss as usual.

                      I was talking mostly about the O, the D did take a step or 2 back but we were playing without both starting CB's

                      !!!!hopefully i'll be alive when it happens!!!!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • B browns1979

                        sheeesh your standards are much too low.

                        They still look terrible. 10 pts going into the 4th qtr. down 24-10.

                        This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

                        Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

                        VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 6k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
                        #13

                        @browns1979 said:

                        sheeesh your standards are much too low.

                        They still look terrible. 10 pts going into the 4th qtr. down 24-10.

                        This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

                        Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

                        I'd hardly call 320 yards, 2 TD's, and no picks a C- performance.

                        ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • BrownsBacker BrownsBackerB
                          • 297 Posts
                          • 20 Reputation
                          BrownsBackerB BrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
                          #14

                          Shurmur on the radio just now

                          "Sheldon was fine, we played Buster. Thats what we did."

                          What?

                          VaporTrailV halfsaneH 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • dawg08 D
                            • 501 Posts
                            • 13 Reputation
                            D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
                            #15

                            @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                            1347827159[/url]' post='303557']

                            Who the fuck are you?

                            Shut the fuck up, you mindless pessimistic pussnapkin.

                            You are why people hate Cleveland fans, you disgusting piece of gutter trash.

                            Your name says it all, dueshbag!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • dawg08 D
                              • 501 Posts
                              • 13 Reputation
                              D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
                              #16

                              @vaportrail said:

                              1347827403[/url]' post='303561']

                              I'd hardly call 320 yards, 2 TD's, and no picks a C- performance.

                              Uh, about 150 of those yards were given up due to Cincy's prevent defense. They didn't have to play much defense once they got got up by 14. They knew our defense couldn't stop them.

                              VaporTrailV slimdawgS 2 Replies Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • BrownsBackerB BrownsBacker

                                Shurmur on the radio just now

                                "Sheldon was fine, we played Buster. Thats what we did."

                                What?

                                VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 6k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                                #17

                                @brownsbacker said:

                                Shurmur on the radio just now

                                "Sheldon was fine, we played Buster. Thats what we did."

                                What?

                                Seriously?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • BrownsBackerB BrownsBacker

                                  Shurmur on the radio just now

                                  "Sheldon was fine, we played Buster. Thats what we did."

                                  What?

                                  halfsane halfsaneH
                                  • 696 Posts
                                  • 49 Reputation
                                  halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
                                  #18

                                  @brownsbacker said:

                                  Shurmur on the radio just now

                                  "Sheldon was fine, we played Buster. Thats what we did."

                                  What?

                                  Whoops. I love giving youth a shot buuuut when it was obvious that buster was being targeted and beaten, then brown goes back in. wade should have never been out there if brown wasnt hurt. I dont buy that. Shurmur is either an idiot or not giving the full story

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 5k Posts
                                    • 1k Reputation
                                    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                    #19

                                    Both our starting CB's were out and the Bengals exposed it all day. Frankly, the defense wasn't awful but two bad blitz calls led to two touchdowns. For the life of me I don't understand why you would play off on the goal line when sending an all out blitz. Other than that, penalties KILLED the browns, but the refs had much to do with that. I don't get those offsides on the corner and Gresham's heel was CLEARLY out of bounds. That was a situation where there's no way in hell the way he bobbled that the real refs call that complete. Also, on two touchdown drives we had them stopped on third downs but penalties moved the sticks.

                                    Offense wins football games in today's NFL, and Weeden and Richardson looked damn good today. If we just get some more discipline for the penalties and keep playing offense like that we can actually compete.

                                    R 1 Reply Last reply
                                    👍
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • dawg08 D
                                      • 501 Posts
                                      • 13 Reputation
                                      D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
                                      #20

                                      @slimdawg said:

                                      1347827266[/url]' post='303560']

                                      I was talking mostly about the O, the D did take a step or 2 back but we were playing without both starting CB's

                                      I assumed you were, but let's wait till next week. I knew the defense wouldn't play like they did last week, BUT, this bad?? No way. They couldn't stop a high school offense today and the penalties were over the top!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • dawg08 D
                                        • 501 Posts
                                        • 13 Reputation
                                        D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
                                        #21

                                        @halfsane said:

                                        1347827903[/url]' post='303569']

                                        Whoops. I love giving youth a shot buuuut when it was obvious that buster was being targeted and beaten, then brown goes back in. wade should have never been out there if brown wasnt hurt. I dont buy that. Shurmur is either an idiot or not giving the full story

                                        I would go for the latter

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • D dawg08

                                          @browns1979 said:

                                          1347823009[/url]' post='303529']

                                          sheeesh your standards are much too low.

                                          They still look terrible. 10 pts going into the 4th qtr. down 24-10.

                                          This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

                                          Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

                                          Weeden = Tim Couch

                                          Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 8k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                          #22

                                          @dawg08 said:

                                          Weeden = Tim Couch

                                          So...a very good quarterback.

                                          Couch's downfall was the complete lack of an offensive line. Now that we have a passable offensive line, you're saying that Weeden is going to have a stellar career worthy of a #1 overall pick.

                                          I mean, I don't think he'll be that good...but way to be optimistic, dude.

                                          I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate