Skip to content

Much Improved

The Browns Board
60 30 3.1k
  • @slimdawg said:

    1347824691[/url]' post='303544']

    Its been fun for me too USF. hoping we see this kind of progression every week.

    It looked like regression by the defense to me! Next week what is it going to be? Back to the shetty offense. As I said the offense couldn't have done any worst than last week and Cincy is no more than a .500 team at best. So,if you want to call it progress go ahead. I'll call it like it is another loss as usual.

    @dawg08 said:

    It looked like regression by the defense to me! Next week what is it going to be? Back to the shetty offense. As I said the offense couldn't have done any worst than last week and Cincy is no more than a .500 team at best. So,if you want to call it progress go ahead. I'll call it like it is another loss as usual.

    I was talking mostly about the O, the D did take a step or 2 back but we were playing without both starting CB's

  • sheeesh your standards are much too low.

    They still look terrible. 10 pts going into the 4th qtr. down 24-10.

    This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

    Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

    @browns1979 said:

    sheeesh your standards are much too low.

    They still look terrible. 10 pts going into the 4th qtr. down 24-10.

    This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

    Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

    I'd hardly call 320 yards, 2 TD's, and no picks a C- performance.

  • Shurmur on the radio just now

    "Sheldon was fine, we played Buster. Thats what we did."

    What?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    1347827159[/url]' post='303557']

    Who the fuck are you?

    Shut the fuck up, you mindless pessimistic pussnapkin.

    You are why people hate Cleveland fans, you disgusting piece of gutter trash.

    Your name says it all, dueshbag!

  • @vaportrail said:

    1347827403[/url]' post='303561']

    I'd hardly call 320 yards, 2 TD's, and no picks a C- performance.

    Uh, about 150 of those yards were given up due to Cincy's prevent defense. They didn't have to play much defense once they got got up by 14. They knew our defense couldn't stop them.

  • Shurmur on the radio just now

    "Sheldon was fine, we played Buster. Thats what we did."

    What?

    @brownsbacker said:

    Shurmur on the radio just now

    "Sheldon was fine, we played Buster. Thats what we did."

    What?

    Seriously?

  • Shurmur on the radio just now

    "Sheldon was fine, we played Buster. Thats what we did."

    What?

    @brownsbacker said:

    Shurmur on the radio just now

    "Sheldon was fine, we played Buster. Thats what we did."

    What?

    Whoops. I love giving youth a shot buuuut when it was obvious that buster was being targeted and beaten, then brown goes back in. wade should have never been out there if brown wasnt hurt. I dont buy that. Shurmur is either an idiot or not giving the full story

  • Both our starting CB's were out and the Bengals exposed it all day. Frankly, the defense wasn't awful but two bad blitz calls led to two touchdowns. For the life of me I don't understand why you would play off on the goal line when sending an all out blitz. Other than that, penalties KILLED the browns, but the refs had much to do with that. I don't get those offsides on the corner and Gresham's heel was CLEARLY out of bounds. That was a situation where there's no way in hell the way he bobbled that the real refs call that complete. Also, on two touchdown drives we had them stopped on third downs but penalties moved the sticks.

    Offense wins football games in today's NFL, and Weeden and Richardson looked damn good today. If we just get some more discipline for the penalties and keep playing offense like that we can actually compete.

  • @slimdawg said:

    1347827266[/url]' post='303560']

    I was talking mostly about the O, the D did take a step or 2 back but we were playing without both starting CB's

    I assumed you were, but let's wait till next week. I knew the defense wouldn't play like they did last week, BUT, this bad?? No way. They couldn't stop a high school offense today and the penalties were over the top!

  • @halfsane said:

    1347827903[/url]' post='303569']

    Whoops. I love giving youth a shot buuuut when it was obvious that buster was being targeted and beaten, then brown goes back in. wade should have never been out there if brown wasnt hurt. I dont buy that. Shurmur is either an idiot or not giving the full story

    I would go for the latter

  • @browns1979 said:

    1347823009[/url]' post='303529']

    sheeesh your standards are much too low.

    They still look terrible. 10 pts going into the 4th qtr. down 24-10.

    This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

    Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

    Weeden = Tim Couch

    @dawg08 said:

    Weeden = Tim Couch

    So...a very good quarterback.

    Couch's downfall was the complete lack of an offensive line. Now that we have a passable offensive line, you're saying that Weeden is going to have a stellar career worthy of a #1 overall pick.

    I mean, I don't think he'll be that good...but way to be optimistic, dude.

  • @vaportrail said:

    1347827403[/url]' post='303561']

    I'd hardly call 320 yards, 2 TD's, and no picks a C- performance.

    Uh, about 150 of those yards were given up due to Cincy's prevent defense. They didn't have to play much defense once they got got up by 14. They knew our defense couldn't stop them.

    @dawg08 said:

    Uh, about 150 of those yards were given up due to Cincy's prevent defense. They didn't have to play much defense once they got got up by 14. They knew our defense couldn't stop them.

    If C- is your rating of the team as a whole, I agree, but Weeden definitely played better than that. We lost the game because of

    • Penalties
    • Pacman's Return TD
    • Ogbannaya's Fumble

    Our secondary played like shit, but the only person there today who'd start on another team is TJ Ward.

  • @vaportrail said:

    1347827403[/url]' post='303561']

    I'd hardly call 320 yards, 2 TD's, and no picks a C- performance.

    Uh, about 150 of those yards were given up due to Cincy's prevent defense. They didn't have to play much defense once they got got up by 14. They knew our defense couldn't stop them.

    @dawg08 said:

    Uh, about 150 of those yards were given up due to Cincy's prevent defense. They didn't have to play much defense once they got got up by 14. They knew our defense couldn't stop them.

    Thats B.S.

  • @browns1979 said:

    1347823009[/url]' post='303529']

    sheeesh your standards are much too low.

    They still look terrible. 10 pts going into the 4th qtr. down 24-10.

    This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

    Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

    Weeden = Tim Couch

    @dawg08 said:

    Weeden = Tim Couch

    I don't see that. He was way better today then last week. Why do you make this comparison?

  • @dawg08 said:

    Weeden = Tim Couch

    I don't see that. He was way better today then last week. Why do you make this comparison?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I don't see that. He was way better today then last week. Why do you make this comparison?

    Because his intelligence is on par with that of a wet biscuit.

  • @dawg08 said:

    Weeden = Tim Couch

    I don't see that. He was way better today then last week. Why do you make this comparison?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I don't see that. He was way better today then last week. Why do you make this comparison?

    Because he's a mindless Retard and knows only three QB's in Browns history. He assumes we hate Tim Couch because to all those who know nothing, Tim Couch was a super bust based on his performance.

    He knows nothing, leave the frittata to his meandering simplethoughts.

  • @browns1979 said:

    sheeesh your standards are much too low.

    They still look terrible. 10 pts going into the 4th qtr. down 24-10.

    This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

    Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

    I'd hardly call 320 yards, 2 TD's, and no picks a C- performance.

    @vaportrail said:

    I'd hardly call 320 yards, 2 TD's, and no picks a C- performance.

    I agree, but some people either have a agenda or don't know much about the game.

  • I thought Weeden looked good today. Made some nice throws and did really well standing in the pocket even when there was pressure. The defense struggled obviously but I think the team is on the right track and we actually have some playmakers for the first time. I'd say Richardson looks like the real deal.

  • I thought Weeden looked good today. Made some nice throws and did really well standing in the pocket even when there was pressure. The defense struggled obviously but I think the team is on the right track and we actually have some playmakers for the first time. I'd say Richardson looks like the real deal.

    @mark-o said:

    I thought Weeden looked good today. Made some nice throws and did really well standing in the pocket even when there was pressure. The defense struggled obviously but I think the team is on the right track and we actually have some playmakers for the first time. I'd say Richardson looks like the real deal.

    Agree. Give Richardson a chance to get going and he is one tough mofo. Speed, power and moves. Our Defense, especially the secondary disappointed, but with Haden out I expected it.

  • Everyone here is so damn pessimistic. A loss is a loss, obviously. But, do I feel a lot more like there is promise for our #2 youngest NFL team? Definitely. When you lack your two top CBs, even Dalton will run rounds on you. Minus the stupid penalties and the fumble with the lack of having any starting CBs, every aspect of our game looked solid. You all can say whatever you want, but in the end this is true.