Skip to content

Bills/browns Trivia

The Browns Board
25 5 822
  • Here is this week's trivia on the Browns upcoming opponent. See how you do:

    1. The Bills offensive rookie of the year in 1968 was OG Bob Kalsu. But 1968 was the last season he played for the Bills. Why?

    2. What is the Bills mascot's name?

    3. What happened to the AAFC Buffalo Bills?

    4. Only one number worn by a Bills player is officially retired. Which number and for who?

    5. Like Jimmy Haslam, Ralph Wilson Jr. was a minority owner in another NFL team when he bought "his" team. What team did RWJr. own a part of before the Bills?

    6. Wilson was give a choice of three cities in which to locate his AFL franchise. Besides Buffalo, what were the other two?

    7. What two unique international distinctions does the Buffalo Bills hold?

    8. What is the Browns vs. Bills all time head to head record?

    9. The Bills leading rusher in the 1980, 81, 82 and 83 season is related to a current Browns player. Name both players.

    10. The Bills had a Head Coach who actually served two stints with the team. Who was that?

    11. The last year the Browns won a title, the Bills also won the AFL title. They, like the Browns had a bruising RB. Who was that?

    12. Who is the Bills all time leading rusher?

    Bonus: The Bill first round pick in the 1962 AFL draft never played for the, but signed later with the Cleveland Browns. Who was that player?

  • Here is this week's trivia on the Browns upcoming opponent. See how you do:

    1. The Bills offensive rookie of the year in 1968 was OG Bob Kalsu. But 1968 was the last season he played for the Bills. Why?

    Viet Nam

    2. What is the Bills mascot's name?

    Bill?

    3. What happened to the AAFC Buffalo Bills?

    Bankrupt?

    4. Only one number worn by a Bills player is officially retired. Which number and for who?

    32 simpson

    5. Like Jimmy Haslam, Ralph Wilson Jr. was a minority owner in another NFL team when he bought "his" team. What team did RWJr. own a part of before the Bills?

    I will guess Eagles

    6. Wilson was give a choice of three cities in which to locate his AFL franchise. Besides Buffalo, what were the other two?

    I will guess Miami and cincy

    7. What two unique international distinctions does the Buffalo Bills hold?

    They play a game in Toronto, that's one...

    8. What is the Browns vs. Bills all time head to head record?

    No one knows, and if they guess it exactly right you will accuse them of cheating. I would venture to tsay the browns have won almost twice as much, including the only playoff game.

    9. The Bills leading rusher in the 1980, 81, 82 and 83 season is related to a current Browns player. Name both players.

    Josh Cribbs and Joe Cribbs.

    10. The Bills had a Head Coach who actually served two stints with the team. Who was that?

    Lou Saban

    11. The last year the Browns won a title, the Bills also won the AFL title. They, like the Browns had a bruising RB. Who was that?

    Cookie Gilchrest

    12. Who is the Bills all time leading rusher?

    Thurman Thomas

    Bonus: The Bill first round pick in the 1962 AFL draft never played for the, but signed later with the Cleveland Browns. Who was that player?

    I will go with Ernie Kellerman.

  • Z appears to have nailed a bunch of them...

    3. What happened to the AAFC Buffalo Bills?

    Far from bankrupt, they were one of the more successful franchises in the league, financially speaking.

    Although a majority of owners favored their admission to the NFL, their players were put into the dispersal draft after George Halas blocked the franchise's inclusion.

    One for you Gip...

    What was the original name of the Buffalo AAFC franchise?

  • Here is this week's trivia on the Browns upcoming opponent. See how you do:

    1. The Bills offensive rookie of the year in 1968 was OG Bob Kalsu. But 1968 was the last season he played for the Bills. Why?

    Viet Nam

    2. What is the Bills mascot's name?

    Bill?

    3. What happened to the AAFC Buffalo Bills?

    Bankrupt?

    4. Only one number worn by a Bills player is officially retired. Which number and for who?

    32 simpson

    5. Like Jimmy Haslam, Ralph Wilson Jr. was a minority owner in another NFL team when he bought "his" team. What team did RWJr. own a part of before the Bills?

    I will guess Eagles

    6. Wilson was give a choice of three cities in which to locate his AFL franchise. Besides Buffalo, what were the other two?

    I will guess Miami and cincy

    7. What two unique international distinctions does the Buffalo Bills hold?

    They play a game in Toronto, that's one...

    8. What is the Browns vs. Bills all time head to head record?

    No one knows, and if they guess it exactly right you will accuse them of cheating. I would venture to tsay the browns have won almost twice as much, including the only playoff game.

    9. The Bills leading rusher in the 1980, 81, 82 and 83 season is related to a current Browns player. Name both players.

    Josh Cribbs and Joe Cribbs.

    10. The Bills had a Head Coach who actually served two stints with the team. Who was that?

    Lou Saban

    11. The last year the Browns won a title, the Bills also won the AFL title. They, like the Browns had a bruising RB. Who was that?

    Cookie Gilchrest

    12. Who is the Bills all time leading rusher?

    Thurman Thomas

    Bonus: The Bill first round pick in the 1962 AFL draft never played for the, but signed later with the Cleveland Browns. Who was that player?

    I will go with Ernie Kellerman.

    Zombo said:

    Here is this week's trivia on the Browns upcoming opponent. See how you do:

    1. The Bills offensive rookie of the year in 1968 was OG Bob Kalsu. But 1968 was the last season he played for the Bills. Why?

    Viet Nam Partially correct

    2. What is the Bills mascot's name?

    Bill? Not exactly

    3. What happened to the AAFC Buffalo Bills?

    Bankrupt? NO

    4. Only one number worn by a Bills player is officially retired. Which number and for who?

    32 simpson NO

    5. Like Jimmy Haslam, Ralph Wilson Jr. was a minority owner in another NFL team when he bought "his" team. What team did RWJr. own a part of before the Bills?

    I will guess Eagles NO

    6. Wilson was give a choice of three cities in which to locate his AFL franchise. Besides Buffalo, what were the other two?

    I will guess Miami and cincy Those would both be correct. Check

    7. What two unique international distinctions does the Buffalo Bills hold?

    They play a game in Toronto, that's one... Yes, that's one, i.e. they have a contract to play one home game there every year. Need the second distinction.

    8. What is the Browns vs. Bills all time head to head record?

    No one knows, and if they guess it exactly right you will accuse them of cheating. I would venture to tsay the browns have won almost twice as much, including the only playoff game.

    Well, when someone gets an exact correct answer like 55-56-1...would you not presume they looked the answer up? I give a reasonable margin of error on something like that.

    Nevertheless, in its essence your answer is correct.

    9. The Bills leading rusher in the 1980, 81, 82 and 83 season is related to a current Browns player. Name both players.

    Josh Cribbs and Joe Cribbs. Check

    10. The Bills had a Head Coach who actually served two stints with the team. Who was that?

    Lou Saban Check

    11. The last year the Browns won a title, the Bills also won the AFL title. They, like the Browns had a bruising RB. Who was that?

    Cookie Gilchrest Check

    12. Who is the Bills all time leading rusher?

    Thurman Thomas Check

    Bonus: The Bill first round pick in the 1962 AFL draft never played for the, but signed later with the Cleveland Browns. Who was that player?

    I will go with Ernie Kellerman. NO..but hint...you got the first name right.

  • Z appears to have nailed a bunch of them...

    3. What happened to the AAFC Buffalo Bills?

    Far from bankrupt, they were one of the more successful franchises in the league, financially speaking.

    Although a majority of owners favored their admission to the NFL, their players were put into the dispersal draft after George Halas blocked the franchise's inclusion.

    One for you Gip...

    What was the original name of the Buffalo AAFC franchise?

    @tour2ma said:

    Z appears to have nailed a bunch of them...

    3. What happened to the AAFC Buffalo Bills?

    Far from bankrupt, they were one of the more successful franchises in the league, financially speaking.

    Although a majority of owners favored their admission to the NFL, their players were put into the dispersal draft after George Halas blocked the franchise's inclusion.

    That is not actually correct either....not from my sources. I understand they were "disbursed" to one team. What is that team?

    One for you Gip...

    What was the original name of the Buffalo AAFC franchise?

    Buffalo had a team called the All-Americans in the early NFL...but I don't think that name continued. I think the easy answer is to say "The Bisons"...so I will guess that. (but it seems too easy to be right.)

  • Kalsu died in Viet Nam.

    As for the correct "ernie" ... I was curious to I googled it. Interesting ... did not know that.

    Zombo

  • Kalsu died in Viet Nam.

    As for the correct "ernie" ... I was curious to I googled it. Interesting ... did not know that.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Kalsu died in Viet Nam.

    As for the correct "ernie" ... I was curious to I googled it. Interesting ... did not know that.

    Zombo

    Check...he died in Vietnam.

  • Macot's name is "Billy" not Bill

    Jim Kelly's #12 is retired

  • Macot's name is "Billy" not Bill

    Jim Kelly's #12 is retired

    @browns149 said:

    Macot's name is "Billy" not Bill Billy what?

    Jim Kelly's #12 is retired. Check

  • Billy the Buffalo

  • Interim status on question not yet answered:

    2. The Bill's mascots FULL name:

    3. Ultimate fate of the AAFC Buffalo Bills:

    5. Which team did Ralph Wilson own a piece of before buying the Bills?

    7. B. Besides playing a game in Toronto each year, the other distinction, internationally, that the Bills hold that no other NFL/AFL team holds.

    8. Browns/Bill all time Head to head record?

    9. Who was the Bills 1962 first round pick that later signed with the Browns.

  • Billy the Buffalo

    @browns149 said:

    Billy the Buffalo

    OK, good enough, though I don't think the "the" is technically part of it.

  • I think it was Ernie Davis that the bills picked and then was drafted by Washington and then traded to the Browns, and then he died

  • I think it was Ernie Davis that the bills picked and then was drafted by Washington and then traded to the Browns, and then he died

    @browns149 said:

    I think it was Ernie Davis that the bills picked and then was drafted by Washington and then traded to the Browns, and then he died

    That is correct.

  • Well for a first the Bills were not the bills in in the AAFC they were the bisons,,,,,,,,,,,as it was

  • Well for a first the Bills were not the bills in in the AAFC they were the bisons,,,,,,,,,,,as it was

    @rich4eagle said:

    Well for a first the Bills were not the bills in in the AAFC they were the bisons,,,,,,,,,,,as it was

    They were the Bills at the end of their AAFC existance...but I think they changed from being the Bisons to being the Bills.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Z appears to have nailed a bunch of them...

    3. What happened to the AAFC Buffalo Bills?

    Far from bankrupt, they were one of the more successful franchises in the league, financially speaking.

    Although a majority of owners favored their admission to the NFL, their players were put into the dispersal draft after George Halas blocked the franchise's inclusion.

    That is not actually correct either....not from my sources. I understand they were "disbursed" to one team. What is that team?

    One for you Gip...

    What was the original name of the Buffalo AAFC franchise?

    Buffalo had a team called the All-Americans in the early NFL...but I don't think that name continued. I think the easy answer is to say "The Bisons"...so I will guess that. (but it seems too easy to be right.)

    @the-gipper said:

    Buffalo had a team called the All-Americans in the early NFL...but I don't think that name continued. I think the easy answer is to say "The Bisons"...so I will guess that. (but it seems too easy to be right.)

    Bisons is correct... sometimes the simpliest answer is the best.. The old "KISS" principle at work... 😉

    On your correction to my answer (and I did have to research this)... Three players were assigned to the Browns; the rest were put into the Dispersal Draft.

    One more back at you... Who came with the three players to the Browns and why?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Buffalo had a team called the All-Americans in the early NFL...but I don't think that name continued. I think the easy answer is to say "The Bisons"...so I will guess that. (but it seems too easy to be right.)

    Bisons is correct... sometimes the simpliest answer is the best.. The old "KISS" principle at work... 😉

    On your correction to my answer (and I did have to research this)... Three players were assigned to the Browns; the rest were put into the Dispersal Draft.

    One more back at you... Who came with the three players to the Browns and why?

    @tour2ma said:

    Bisons is correct... sometimes the simpliest answer is the best.. The old "KISS" principle at work... 😉

    On your correction to my answer (and I did have to research this)... Three players were assigned to the Browns; the rest were put into the Dispersal Draft.

    One more back at you... Who came with the three players to the Browns and why?

    The information I have is that the AAFC Buffalo Bills "merged" with the Browns. Though I am not sure how they define "merger", that is what it was called.

    Who came with them? Do you mean "who was one of the three players" or "who, in addition to the three players came with them" implying that it was like an assistant coach.

    I don't know that answer....I will assume it was not the mascot.

    Though, for some reason, why does the name Art Donovan come to mind? That is a wild shot....and if it is right, trust me, I did not look it up. Something subliminal in me tells me to say that name.

  • ^ LOL... no, not Art... sometimes the voices inside our heads are just voices...

    Answer: The owner... to try to make up for Halas blocking the Bills entry, the owner was given a minor stake in the Browns.

    Most of the NFL owners wanted the Bills because they outdrew many NFL teams (visiting teams got a share of the gate revenue back then). But for some reason (maybe a player or players lost to the Bills) Halas had a hard-on for the guy.

    Not sure if its true, but read where the Commish office even had the schedule for the season drawn up with the Bills as the 13th team before Halas blocked them.

  • ^ LOL... no, not Art... sometimes the voices inside our heads are just voices...

    Answer: The owner... to try to make up for Halas blocking the Bills entry, the owner was given a minor stake in the Browns.

    Most of the NFL owners wanted the Bills because they outdrew many NFL teams (visiting teams got a share of the gate revenue back then). But for some reason (maybe a player or players lost to the Bills) Halas had a hard-on for the guy.

    Not sure if its true, but read where the Commish office even had the schedule for the season drawn up with the Bills as the 13th team before Halas blocked them.

    @tour2ma said:

    ^ LOL... no, not Art... sometimes the voices inside our heads are just voices...

    Answer: The owner... to try to make up for Halas blocking the Bills entry, the owner was given a minor stake in the Browns.

    Most of the NFL owners wanted the Bills because they outdrew many NFL teams (visiting teams got a share of the gate revenue back then). But for some reason (maybe a player or players lost to the Bills) Halas had a hard-on for the guy.

    Not sure if its true, but read where the Commish office even had the schedule for the season drawn up with the Bills as the 13th team before Halas blocked them.

    I have never heard this about Halas. Sounds out of character. Are you sure it was not Bert Bell, who was the asshole in the whole AAFC merger deal?

    But, the owner coming with them confirms the fact that the Bills "merged" with the Browns.