Skip to content

Let's Go Corner Back With 1St Pick Next Year

The Browns Board
34 21 1.3k
  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Best Player Available. If a Calvin Johnson type WR is there in the draft then are we just going to walk away?

  • @badnewsbrowns said:

    Well we went offense in 4 of our first five picks this year?

    Spent next years second on a receiver so I don't know how much more you could spend on the offense, it's time for these guys to pan out.

    We need some playmakers on defense, ballhawking safety,dominant pass rushing end,sideline to sideline freak linebacker - we're going to need at least 1 of those if we want to even think about being a contender.

    and we went defense and fat OL for ten plus years and stank and we still cannot score,,,,,,,,,,time to make skill offense players a priority and stop being dumb munckins and losing

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @rich4eagle said:

    and we went defense and fat OL for ten plus years and stank and we still cannot score,,,,,,,,,,time to make skill offense players a priority and stop being dumb munckins and losing

    just because of your dolt mentality i hope we pick an OL with our first pick. then defense from there on out.

    if we can still not score it's because our fucking OFFENSIVE LINE cannot give YOUR OFFENSIVE weapons enough time to run their routes and get open, a lane for our RBs to run through or the blocking to keep OUR OFFENSIVE QB upright.

    for all the horse shit you spew you still don't understand that the game is won by the domination on the line on both sides of the ball.

    dimwit.

  • @rich4eagle said:

    and we went defense and fat OL for ten plus years and stank and we still cannot score,,,,,,,,,,time to make skill offense players a priority and stop being dumb munckins and losing

    just because of your dolt mentality i hope we pick an OL with our first pick. then defense from there on out.

    if we can still not score it's because our fucking OFFENSIVE LINE cannot give YOUR OFFENSIVE weapons enough time to run their routes and get open, a lane for our RBs to run through or the blocking to keep OUR OFFENSIVE QB upright.

    for all the horse shit you spew you still don't understand that the game is won by the domination on the line on both sides of the ball.

    dimwit.

    SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @miktoxic said:

    just because of your dolt mentality i hope we pick an OL with our first pick. then defense from there on out.

    if we can still not score it's because our fucking OFFENSIVE LINE cannot give YOUR OFFENSIVE weapons enough time to run their routes and get open, a lane for our RBs to run through or the blocking to keep OUR OFFENSIVE QB upright.

    for all the horse shit you spew you still don't understand that the game is won by the domination on the line on both sides of the ball.

    dimwit.

    I got to agree with this. Any good passing team starts with, and is predicated on a good blocking O-line that provides the time. There's no long bombs and go routes when the defense is barreling right through your o-line and disrupting the pass. It doesn't take a genius to understand this.

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I agree the game is won in the trenches but you don't necessarily need a line full of high rounds draft picks to be successful either.

    I think a QB who can read blitzes and make adjustments and get the ball out quick is just as important.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #29

    Early yet, but not a great deal of electrifying picks are popping out at me as yet.

    Agree with comment that CB's class looks fairly meeeh. Not that speed is the whole story for a DB, but there's an awful lot of 4.5-ish times in the lot. In the 2ndary FS TJMac outta USC does stand out.

    At OLB (which I agree is a position of need) there's a kid at TAMU that bears watching, Sean Porter.

    I think DE is a very upgradeable position on our roster and Okafor out of UT should be a worthy #1. John Simon (OSU) is a nice 2nd round prospect... another of those high motor guys I love ala Billy Wynn (who's already relegated the overreached for John Hughes to 2nd string).

    As for OL... I beat that drum this past year... there's some talent to be sure at OG (starting with Bama's bookends), but as we all know to spend a #1 on an OG is heresy around here. But OG is where I think FA's can upgrade us.

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Free Agent? Blasphemy!

  • D DanInNYC wrote on last edited by DanInNYC
    #31

    Here is a list of draft prospects as ranked by CBS Sports:

    2013 Draft Prospects

    I don't watch college football so I cannot say anything about these guys. But, according to their list it looks like most of the top talent is on the defensive side of the ball. Three of the top offensive guys are QBs which leaves a couple of lineman and wideouts. I would be pretty excited if we grabbed either a corner or OLB in the first round. Defensive ends are always at a premium too, and Rucker and Parker are no spring chickens. I am also pretty interested in who, exactly, is going to be making our selections come April. I am rooting for Heckert, but time will tell..

  • cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man wrote on last edited by
    #32

    It's never too early for draft talk as a Browns fan!

    I think DB, LB, and OG is what we need to look at most, also I would love a stud DE. If we are a top 10 pick again (with this schedule I bet we are), I would love to trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder to replace the one we used on Gordon. I dont think we can spend another top 10 pick on a CB and its probably too high to pick a safety, OG, or outside LB in a 4-3. That being said, if there is a player we love in the top 10 then lets go BPA.. It seems like we filled a lot of holes with the past 3 years of drafting, keep up the good work Heckert.

  • D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I don't think we need to draft a CB with our first pick, especially because there are no DB's worth taking in the top 10 next year.

    Mingo or Jarvis Jones should reserve a spot in our defense. OLB is our weakness and it's huge. We do need a CB opposite Haden but I'd rather acquire one than reach up to grab one. I'm sick of trading back, we need to get elite talent on this team.

  • R Represent wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Next year if We dont touch free agency waters at all with a new owner i'd have a heart attack in my early 30's.

    If i'm looking to draft RIGHT NOW and not by the end of the season i'm going in the cookie jar and pulling out a killer linebacker, gimme the next OLB that cracks skulls first and takes the fine no problem.