Skip to content

The Gipper's Power Rankings

The Browns Board
15 7 608
  • K KillerInstinct3 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    ^^^ best young QB?

  • @browns149 said:

    ESPN has the Browns 32

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

    OUCH

    ESPN can suck my penis.

    We have drafted the best young RB and best young QB in the league.

    We will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes and change that 32 to a 1 in less than three years.

    Zombo

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Zombo said:

    ESPN can suck my penis.

    We have drafted the best young RB and best young QB in the league.

    We will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes and change that 32 to a 1 in less than three years.

    Zombo

    To be fair, plenty of other Power Rankings have the Browns dead last, or near to it.

    Want to start moving up? Beat the Bill this Sunday. And I certainly wouldn't put the Browns as the leaders in the "Blow for Barkley" contest.

  • BendMeOverB BendMeOver wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Power Rankings...ho hum. I think they were just invented by Sportcenter to fill up time on their program. The NFL has specific definitions for play-off eligibility and seeding, thereby rendering Power Rankings (a take on college Polls) as a bunch of silly fluff. Maybe somewhere someone can say, my teams ranked higher than yours, Nan-ah-Nan-ah-Boo-Boo-Stick-your-head-in-Doo-Doo.

    Further, you Brownies get all depressed about always being ranked low and losing year after year. You pout, moan, whine, cry, lament, Steeler-bash-ad-naseuam, because your team is always a low man on the totem poll. You are going to lose this season, alot. The media is going to rank you low. This season is not about winning for you and dreaming, wishing, bitching, Steeler-bashing isn't gonna change that for you. Did you draft well in 2012? Is Weeden the franchise QB you need? If so, this season is about watching the transformation of your team from cellar dwellers to a rising power house. Or as Zombo said the rising of the phoenix or some such.

  • ^^^ best young QB?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @killerinstinct3 said:

    ^^^ best young QB?

    Why not?

    Zombo

  • Power Rankings...ho hum. I think they were just invented by Sportcenter to fill up time on their program. The NFL has specific definitions for play-off eligibility and seeding, thereby rendering Power Rankings (a take on college Polls) as a bunch of silly fluff. Maybe somewhere someone can say, my teams ranked higher than yours, Nan-ah-Nan-ah-Boo-Boo-Stick-your-head-in-Doo-Doo.

    Further, you Brownies get all depressed about always being ranked low and losing year after year. You pout, moan, whine, cry, lament, Steeler-bash-ad-naseuam, because your team is always a low man on the totem poll. You are going to lose this season, alot. The media is going to rank you low. This season is not about winning for you and dreaming, wishing, bitching, Steeler-bashing isn't gonna change that for you. Did you draft well in 2012? Is Weeden the franchise QB you need? If so, this season is about watching the transformation of your team from cellar dwellers to a rising power house. Or as Zombo said the rising of the phoenix or some such.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Endymion said:

    Power Rankings...ho hum. I think they were just invented by Sportcenter to fill up time on their program. The NFL has specific definitions for play-off eligibility and seeding, thereby rendering Power Rankings (a take on college Polls) as a bunch of silly fluff. Maybe somewhere someone can say, my teams ranked higher than yours, Nan-ah-Nan-ah-Boo-Boo-Stick-your-head-in-Doo-Doo.

    I essentially agree. I don't believe in "Power Rankings". That is why this one of mine is a bit of a laugh.

    Further, you Brownies get all depressed about always being ranked low and losing year after year. You pout, moan, whine, cry, lament, Steeler-bash-ad-naseuam, because your team is always a low man on the totem poll. You are going to lose this season, alot. The media is going to rank you low. This season is not about winning for you and dreaming, wishing, bitching, Steeler-bashing isn't gonna change that for you. Did you draft well in 2012? Is Weeden the franchise QB you need? If so, this season is about watching the transformation of your team from cellar dwellers to a rising power house. Or as Zombo said the rising of the phoenix or some such.

    As I have said elsewhere...we have had loser ownership in this town with Randy and the Dolans. Randy is on the way out, and hopefully his loser ways go with him.

    You in Pee-town have had the same problem with the Pirates. Loser ownership. So you know what it's like. The new people in charge there seem to be doing better.

    However, we still have to suffer with the losers that own the Tribe. They are making money and don't car about winning, so we have to continue to suffer.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    OK, let me clarify my methodology in putting together these power rankings. I used the Bill Parcells adage: you are what your record is.

    The top 6 on the list are currently the 6 NFL undefeated. Within that group I went by total margin of victory in their games. The Texans are a plus 40 while the Eagles are a plus 2.

    The next 20 are all the 1-1 teams. Again, ranked in order of the margins of victory. Ravens are plus 30, Bengals are minus 24.

    Then the last 6 are the 0-2 teams. The Browns top that list because they are only minus 8. Last....and least as far as performance thus far goes are the Titans. Minus 49 in point differential.

    This method of "Power Rankings" is the most objective way of doing it from what I can see. It certainly is no predictor. When the Texans and Titans meet again surely it is possible that the Titans could win.

    In a few weeks I will abandon this method and go based purely on the "what would happen if the playoffs started today methodology"....which is what really counts. That will be based on record, and tiebreakers. It is too early in the season to go there now.

    Thus, for now, I go with this....admittedly bogus...way of 'power ranking".

  • Don't agree. Respect your opinions tho.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @killerinstinct3 said:

    Don't agree. Respect your opinions tho.

    See my methodology above. I don't object to your disagreement. I don't necessarily agree either. Like I said, it is purely based on arithmetic: a combination or record and point differential.

  • Zombo said:

    ESPN can suck my penis.

    We have drafted the best young RB and best young QB in the league.

    We will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes and change that 32 to a 1 in less than three years.

    Zombo

    To be fair, plenty of other Power Rankings have the Browns dead last, or near to it.

    Want to start moving up? Beat the Bill this Sunday. And I certainly wouldn't put the Browns as the leaders in the "Blow for Barkley" contest.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @hoorta said:

    To be fair, plenty of other Power Rankings have the Browns dead last, or near to it.

    Want to start moving up? Beat the Bill this Sunday. And I certainly wouldn't put the Browns as the leaders in the "Blow for Barkley" contest.

    Next time I see you Larry I am going kick you in the gonads. I am going to make you chug Ballpeen's red shit. I am going to make you shave your beard.

    Barkley sucks. I would rather have Colt McCoy. Colt has a stronger arm and is more mobile.

    Let the Chiefs, who with RAC as the HC will probably have the first pick in the draft, take him.

  • @hoorta said:

    To be fair, plenty of other Power Rankings have the Browns dead last, or near to it.

    Want to start moving up? Beat the Bill this Sunday. And I certainly wouldn't put the Browns as the leaders in the "Blow for Barkley" contest.

    Next time I see you Larry I am going kick you in the gonads. I am going to make you chug Ballpeen's red shit. I am going to make you shave your beard.

    Barkley sucks. I would rather have Colt McCoy. Colt has a stronger arm and is more mobile.

    Let the Chiefs, who with RAC as the HC will probably have the first pick in the draft, take him.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    Next time I see you Larry I am going kick you in the gonads. I am going to make you chug Ballpeen's red shit. I am going to make you shave your beard.

    Barkley sucks. I would rather have Colt McCoy. Colt has a stronger arm and is more mobile.

    Let the Chiefs, who with RAC as the HC will probably have the first pick in the draft, take him.

    Hey, not so fast there. 🙂 That's just a term the National Media has dreamed up. I want no part of Barkley either. The track record of USC qbs in the NFL is about as poor as Notre Dame's. Matt Leinart where are you? Although Sanchez may turn out to be at least average.

    What do the Browns really need next year? Give me the next Derrick Thomas, thank you very much.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Next time I see you Larry I am going kick you in the gonads. I am going to make you chug Ballpeen's red shit. I am going to make you shave your beard.

    Barkley sucks. I would rather have Colt McCoy. Colt has a stronger arm and is more mobile.

    Let the Chiefs, who with RAC as the HC will probably have the first pick in the draft, take him.

    Hey, not so fast there. 🙂 That's just a term the National Media has dreamed up. I want no part of Barkley either. The track record of USC qbs in the NFL is about as poor as Notre Dame's. Matt Leinart where are you? Although Sanchez may turn out to be at least average.

    What do the Browns really need next year? Give me the next Derrick Thomas, thank you very much.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @hoorta said:

    Hey, not so fast there. 🙂 That's just a term the National Media has dreamed up. I want no part of Barkley either. The track record of USC qbs in the NFL is about as poor as Notre Dame's. Matt Leinart where are you? Although Sanchez may turn out to be at least average.

    What do the Browns really need next year? Give me the next Derrick Thomas, thank you very much.

    OK, your gonads are safe....for now.

  • R Represent wrote on last edited by
    #15

    The 49ers playing the best ball and is looking like the most dominate/solid team so far

    Packers/Lions ate it, Gore looks great, and defense looks out fucking standing.

    Niners #1

    Giants

    Texans

    Falcons

    Packers

    Lions

    Patriots

    Eagles

    Steelers

    Chargers