Skip to content

Dome Our Home

The Browns Board
35 24 1.8k
  • Our stadium would be really hard to add a dome to.

  • If you weigh the pros & cons I think it's favorable that they add a roof.

    The possibility of a Super Bowl and most off season events are only possible with a roof.

    But on the downside with a roof you can say goodbye to any rain / snow games and the outdoor atmosphere.

    I think it'll all come down to if Haslam believes if it is profitable or not.

    Haslam said he's bringing in three of the nations top architect groups to evaluate the stadium.

    If he decides to add a roof they'd still have to figure out how much of it would come out of Haslam's end (if any) , get the issue passed through the state and then vote on it if it were to be paid from tax dollars.

    http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/261726/4/Cleveland-Council-brings-up-stadium-roof-in-Haslam-meeting

  • If you weigh the pros & cons I think it's favorable that they add a roof.

    The possibility of a Super Bowl and most off season events are only possible with a roof.

    But on the downside with a roof you can say goodbye to any rain / snow games and the outdoor atmosphere.

    I think it'll all come down to if Haslam believes if it is profitable or not.

    Haslam said he's bringing in three of the nations top architect groups to evaluate the stadium.

    If he decides to add a roof they'd still have to figure out how much of it would come out of Haslam's end (if any) , get the issue passed through the state and then vote on it if it were to be paid from tax dollars.

    http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/261726/4/Cleveland-Council-brings-up-stadium-roof-in-Haslam-meeting

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    I think it'll all come down to if Haslam believes if it is profitable or not.

    Correct, coz all he cares about is money.

    He does not give a shit about you.

    Yinz are all fucked, no matter what.

    May I remind you that Haslam is a billionaire Steelers fan from Tennessee.

    This is the worst possible combination.

    At least the soccer fag was from Ohio.

    Having yur team taken over by a Steelers fan from outta state is like having a black Muslim from Kenya as yur President.

    Don't ever believe anything he says and stop sucking-up his lies:

    LIE: He will keep the Browns in Cleveland. . . .

    TRUTH: He will be first in line to move that team to a larger market. Yinz Browns fans are his customers right now. He is gonna lie to you for now to keep yinz buying tickets and jerseys.

    LIE: He's gonna keep Holmgren and Shurmer.

    TRUTH: He is just appeasing and calming the coaching staff just like he is calming the fans by saying he will keep da team in CLE.

    And now he wants the taxpayers to build a dome?

    Why not build a winning team instead?

    Domes fuck teams up anyways.

    Any of yinz old enough to remember when the Vikings had a home-field-advantage?

    Dome teams are consistently soft in the post-season when they need to go to CHI, PIT, NE, GB, BAL . . . .

    But I guess that does not matter for the Browns coz they watch the playoffs at home on the couch.

  • @badnewsbrowns said:

    I think it'll all come down to if Haslam believes if it is profitable or not.

    Correct, coz all he cares about is money.

    He does not give a shit about you.

    Yinz are all fucked, no matter what.

    May I remind you that Haslam is a billionaire Steelers fan from Tennessee.

    This is the worst possible combination.

    At least the soccer fag was from Ohio.

    Having yur team taken over by a Steelers fan from outta state is like having a black Muslim from Kenya as yur President.

    Don't ever believe anything he says and stop sucking-up his lies:

    LIE: He will keep the Browns in Cleveland. . . .

    TRUTH: He will be first in line to move that team to a larger market. Yinz Browns fans are his customers right now. He is gonna lie to you for now to keep yinz buying tickets and jerseys.

    LIE: He's gonna keep Holmgren and Shurmer.

    TRUTH: He is just appeasing and calming the coaching staff just like he is calming the fans by saying he will keep da team in CLE.

    And now he wants the taxpayers to build a dome?

    Why not build a winning team instead?

    Domes fuck teams up anyways.

    Any of yinz old enough to remember when the Vikings had a home-field-advantage?

    Dome teams are consistently soft in the post-season when they need to go to CHI, PIT, NE, GB, BAL . . . .

    But I guess that does not matter for the Browns coz they watch the playoffs at home on the couch.

    @dick-mellon said:

    Correct, coz all he cares about is money.

    He does not give a shit about you.

    Yinz are all fucked, no matter what.

    May I remind you that Haslam is a billionaire Steelers fan from Tennessee.

    This is the worst possible combination.

    At least the soccer fag was from Ohio.

    Having yur team taken over by a Steelers fan from outta state is like having a black Muslim from Kenya as yur President.

    Don't ever believe anything he says and stop sucking-up his lies:

    LIE: He will keep the Browns in Cleveland. . . .

    TRUTH: He will be first in line to move that team to a larger market. Yinz Browns fans are his customers right now. He is gonna lie to you for now to keep yinz buying tickets and jerseys.

    LIE: He's gonna keep Holmgren and Shurmer.

    TRUTH: He is just appeasing and calming the coaching staff just like he is calming the fans by saying he will keep da team in CLE.

    And now he wants the taxpayers to build a dome?

    Why not build a winning team instead?

    Domes fuck teams up anyways.

    Any of yinz old enough to remember when the Vikings had a home-field-advantage?

    Dome teams are consistently soft in the post-season when they need to go to CHI, PIT, NE, GB, BAL . . . .

    But I guess that does not matter for the Browns coz they watch the playoffs at home on the couch.

    You are a real tool. Go far into the hills of West Virginia (Hong Kong).

  • 4mzwyk2Jd7y.jpg
  • Dome? No.

  • What?

    post-17217-0-19428900-1348096174_thumb.jpg

  • If you weigh the pros & cons I think it's favorable that they add a roof.

    The possibility of a Super Bowl and most off season events are only possible with a roof.

    But on the downside with a roof you can say goodbye to any rain / snow games and the outdoor atmosphere.

    I think it'll all come down to if Haslam believes if it is profitable or not.

    Haslam said he's bringing in three of the nations top architect groups to evaluate the stadium.

    If he decides to add a roof they'd still have to figure out how much of it would come out of Haslam's end (if any) , get the issue passed through the state and then vote on it if it were to be paid from tax dollars.

    http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/261726/4/Cleveland-Council-brings-up-stadium-roof-in-Haslam-meeting

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    If you weigh the pros & cons I think it's favorable that they add a roof.

    The possibility of a Super Bowl and most off season events are only possible with a roof.

    If it helps them attract more events, then great. But don't use it for football.

    Zombo

  • I am all in for a dome.

    I can tailgate my ass off in rain, cold, and snow, but once I sit my ass down, I like climate controlled.....and so do you. It's why you whined about cold weather and talked about chicks in halter tops and pushed for a September "Big Game" tailgate.

  • Who will be funding this plan?

  • The people.

    A community improvement comes from the people.

    A domed stadium would be a big community improvement. It would be a gem on the lakefront....a year round attraction.

  • The bad weather is our friend...and i hate playing football inside...that's why they made the arena league

    @brownfish said:

    The bad weather is our friend...and i hate playing football inside...that's why they made the arena league

    Yeah it really has helped us so far. I don't get why people think harsh weather is an advantage. Both teams have to play in it. It comes down to who makes less mistakes just like any other game.

  • The people.

    A community improvement comes from the people.

    A domed stadium would be a big community improvement. It would be a gem on the lakefront....a year round attraction.

    @ballpeen said:

    The people.

    A community improvement comes from the people.

    A domed stadium would be a big community improvement. It would be a gem on the lakefront....a year round attraction.

    I was afraid that might be the answer. If we need to put a dome, then the product on the field has to improve and show that it is worth people's investment. Just My Opinion.

  • @badnewsbrowns said:

    If you weigh the pros & cons I think it's favorable that they add a roof.

    The possibility of a Super Bowl and most off season events are only possible with a roof.

    If it helps them attract more events, then great. But don't use it for football.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    If it helps them attract more events, then great. But don't use it for football.

    Zombo

    Spoken by a true tough guy that watches all those December games at an outdoor tiki bar under palm trees.

    It was bad enough sitting in the bitter weather during all the endless commercials. Now we are adding the instant replay reviews for challenges, TD's, and turnovers.

    I don't think it will be practical to put a lid on the Stadium with the open corners design that we have. The result might be something that looks goofier than the remodeled Soldier Field (which looks like a spaceship landed inside of their stadium).

    I agree with Ballpeen that it would be great for the community (and those of us that actually go to the games) to cap the building, but it is not going to happen.

  • I don't think it will happen and for the record...i'm the one who whined about the cold weather game in November. I readily admit that I'm a wuss when it comes to cold weather now. I wouldn't be opposed to it though.

  • Domes are gay. Sit in the snow like your fathers did, you pussies.

    Zombo

    --80* and sitting on my lanai drinking a Blue Moon with a wedge of orange.

  • McCoy can play then.

  • Hey I'm as blue collar old fashioned kind of guy as anyone.. but.

    If building a retractable roof on the stadium means major type events possibly coming to my city and helping the economy and bringing more jobs then I'm all for it.

    As far as leaving the roof opened for football regardless of the weather I'd like to see it like that but I just doubt that would happen.

  • Hey I'm as blue collar old fashioned kind of guy as anyone.. but.

    If building a retractable roof on the stadium means major type events possibly coming to my city and helping the economy and bringing more jobs then I'm all for it.

    As far as leaving the roof opened for football regardless of the weather I'd like to see it like that but I just doubt that would happen.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Hey I'm as blue collar old fashioned kind of guy as anyone.. but.

    If building a retractable roof on the stadium means major type events possibly coming to my city and helping the economy and bringing more jobs then I'm all for it.

    As far as leaving the roof opened for football regardless of the weather I'd like to see it like that but I just doubt that would happen.

    I agree with this, get a roof but don't use it for football. Only use if it's a superbowl. Doubt it'd happen as well.

    Thing is, I wonder how many years of holding events it would take to finally profit off of the roof?

  • Hey I'm as blue collar old fashioned kind of guy as anyone.. but.

    If building a retractable roof on the stadium means major type events possibly coming to my city and helping the economy and bringing more jobs then I'm all for it.

    As far as leaving the roof opened for football regardless of the weather I'd like to see it like that but I just doubt that would happen.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Hey I'm as blue collar old fashioned kind of guy as anyone.. but.

    If building a retractable roof on the stadium means major type events possibly coming to my city and helping the economy and bringing more jobs then I'm all for it.

    As far as leaving the roof opened for football regardless of the weather I'd like to see it like that but I just doubt that would happen.

    It wouldn't be like that. It is my understanding the league has control over when stadiums are opened or closed.

    Plus, it makes no sense to put on a roof, then sit in a cold freezing rain. No other way to put it....that's just stupid.

    To Roach's point, no doubt something would have to be done with the open ends....maybe think out of the box....hotel rooms or condos....high end restaurants...lots of possibilities.

    It's been said it might cost 150 mil to get it done properly.

    My thinking is one Superbowl would cover that investment.

    The city wants to develop that cost....well, a dome is a good starting point, and we already have the stadium part done.