Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Refs

Refs

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
11 Posts 9 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • dawg08 D
    • 501 Posts
    • 13 Reputation
    D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    it's time to get a deal done with the refs. These jokers out there right now are worthless

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • dab7291993 D
      • 521 Posts
      • 23 Reputation
      D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      That wasn't a PI on Buffalo. Patterson just didn't realize the ball was thrown, bad calls on both sides.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • runyon27 runyon27R Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 713 Posts
        • 180 Reputation
        runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        That hold on Thomas and on Mack were phantom calls too, both of those affected drives. This was the worst reffed Browns game, but it didn't change the outcome I believe, we still had opportunities to win this game.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
          #4

          It's not why we lost, but this game was horribly officiated. That late hit on Jackson the ref actually never blew the whistle, he simply came up and spotted the ball. Couple that with phantom holding calls and bad PI's on both sides and it had a significant impact on the game. Across the league it's just awful, but that's not me blaming the actual refs. I think they are doing an OK job for what they got forced into, but this is just another reason I hate Goddell. He lets the integrity of the game waiver like this yet has the audacity to warn the coaches about not being critical to them.

          hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 64k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Meanwhile, the worthless, stupidass refs....

            apparently...(I didn't see it), a squeeler defender nailed a wr AFTER catching a TD....

            spearing the wr in the facemask with his helmet and completely knocked him out.

            No call.

            The fans need to the NFL know the "NFL" refs suck bilgewater and need to go.

            hoortaH Tour2maT 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • C calfoxwc

              Meanwhile, the worthless, stupidass refs....

              apparently...(I didn't see it), a squeeler defender nailed a wr AFTER catching a TD....

              spearing the wr in the facemask with his helmet and completely knocked him out.

              No call.

              The fans need to the NFL know the "NFL" refs suck bilgewater and need to go.

              hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 20k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @calfoxwc said:

              Meanwhile, the worthless, stupidass refs....

              apparently...(I didn't see it), a squeeler defender nailed a wr AFTER catching a TD....

              spearing the wr in the facemask with his helmet and completely knocked him out.

              No call.

              The fans need to the NFL know the "NFL" refs suck bilgewater and need to go.

              I saw that one Cal. I thought the Squealer killed Heyard-Bey. Direct helmet to helmet shot on a defenseless WR.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • jrb12711J jrb12711

                It's not why we lost, but this game was horribly officiated. That late hit on Jackson the ref actually never blew the whistle, he simply came up and spotted the ball. Couple that with phantom holding calls and bad PI's on both sides and it had a significant impact on the game. Across the league it's just awful, but that's not me blaming the actual refs. I think they are doing an OK job for what they got forced into, but this is just another reason I hate Goddell. He lets the integrity of the game waiver like this yet has the audacity to warn the coaches about not being critical to them.

                hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 20k Posts
                • 5k Reputation
                hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @jrb12711 said:

                It's not why we lost, but this game was horribly officiated. That late hit on Jackson the ref actually never blew the whistle, he simply came up and spotted the ball. Couple that with phantom holding calls and bad PI's on both sides and it had a significant impact on the game. Across the league it's just awful, but that's not me blaming the actual refs. I think they are doing an OK job for what they got forced into, but this is just another reason I hate Goddell. He lets the integrity of the game waiver like this yet has the audacity to warn the coaches about not being critical to them.

                Well, we got away with one too- Sheldon Brown positively mugged one of the Bills WRs and there was no call.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 139 Reputation
                  ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Are you guys crazy? This is the best chance I see of some other teams having a chance to win. Did you watch the Steelers get down the stretch??? Did you notice the absence of phantom calls always going Pittsburgh's way in these types of games. Tonight, Raiders got to play the squeelers straight-up without having to combat the paid-off Good'ole boy group who's now striking. The strike is probably because the teams such as the steelers wouldn't pay them off as much anymore.

                  I saw probably the hardest hitting week of football I've witnessed since I was a youngster, back when a hard tackle was a thing of skill, not a penalty.

                  Screw player safety, let these guys take each others heads off. Let some major fights break-out. Let'em leave it on the field.

                  Replace the Refs every four years so the steelers can't get the Refs comfortable on their payroll.

                  Take the dress off the QB's and Wr's and lets get back to football ... I love these Refs!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • C calfoxwc

                    Meanwhile, the worthless, stupidass refs....

                    apparently...(I didn't see it), a squeeler defender nailed a wr AFTER catching a TD....

                    spearing the wr in the facemask with his helmet and completely knocked him out.

                    No call.

                    The fans need to the NFL know the "NFL" refs suck bilgewater and need to go.

                    Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                    • 30k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
                    #9

                    @calfoxwc said:

                    Meanwhile, the worthless, stupidass refs....

                    apparently...(I didn't see it), a squeeler defender nailed a wr AFTER catching a TD....

                    spearing the wr in the facemask with his helmet and completely knocked him out.

                    No call.

                    The fans need to the NFL know the "NFL" refs suck bilgewater and need to go.

                    At least you admitted you didn't see the play... 🙄

                    Dead wrong on many counts... for starters the pass was INCOMPLETE... due to the hit...

                    Watch the damn play before commenting so at least you have your football facts straight...

                    @hoorta said:

                    I saw that one Cal. I thought the Squealer killed Heyard-Bey. Direct helmet to helmet shot on a defenseless WR.

                    I watched the NFL.com video, h... I see the Steelers' head up... the top of his helmet just caught Bey under the chin. The 2nd Steeler DB, who took a pretty good shot himself from his teammate, sandwiching Bey didn't help matters. Bey popped out from between them like a wet bar of soap from a clenched fist...

                    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092312/2012/REG3/steelers@raiders#menu=highlights

                    As for defenseless... any WR reaching for the ball is defenseless... and that's what Bey was doing. The ball was on Bey's arm when the hit occurred, not past or over him, which I believe is where the rule requires it be.

                    Bottom line... I see no foul here... I see a bang-bang football play...

                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                      • 30k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      The above said, I agree with the OP... it's time...

                      My favorite of the week was the Dallas game where a sidejudge threw his hat into the field of plat (why was not clear) and a Dallas WR stepped on it and went down trying to make a cut...

                      Would've been considerably less funny if the WR had torn up a knee. I think Roger might have seen a lawsuit coming in that case...

                      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • lodilobo lodiloboL Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Very Popular Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 676 Posts
                        • 249 Reputation
                        lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Did I miss something yesterday, or was I the only one who noticed?.....after the play where the Buffalo RB was injured....they got the ball, first and ten. Didn't the refs call offensive holding on that play? Shouldn't it have been first and 20? Maybe I missed something due to the distractions going on while I was trying to watch the game. This certainly wouldn't been the difference between winning and losing, but it's driving me crazy.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        Theme
                        • System
                        • Light
                        • Dark
                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Forums
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Users
                        • Donate